AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-14, 21:52   Link #161
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Really I'd prefer Almaria to remain the way she is. Contrasts Aurion nicely too.

Well a typical battle when the core switch is used:

Spoiler for length:

In the end, she just mimicks whatever character comes to mind, except Saber-impersonation occurs most often. I certainly don't mind Aurion going about his mischief. Let's see what you see, like I always say. As for the oni-chan thing, unless someone clues him in he might totally miss the joke and think why is everyone laughing (if they are) when Fate's just greeting her older brother. In situations like this, Whispers is of no help in revealing what's going on.

Hmm... The Device itself has no more space to cram that inside, but the Libram, which follows the mage in spirit form, can accomodate it...

Sakura: [Father! Can I have it? Please! Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease--] *silent mode*

Which would mean Sakura can materialize the Libram anytime she wants entertainment, and that might be in the wrong places. Luckily the Libram can be locked under Kha's control. But then this scenario could happen at the workshop:
Spoiler for A Day at the Workshop:

Boy did that remind me of the weird Pikachu adventures. Pardon the mild OOCness. Btw RH and Sakura usually get along fine, its just that Sakura likes to create mayhem for fun, and it eats into RH's definition of freindship...

@Lowe: Haha... TSAB owns all interdimensional outposts but to earn more money they sell some of their unused bandwidth to civilian contractors for communications purposes, like cross-dimension cable. It's just that some stations have horrible reception, which is very common for cable like these, and that creates the LLLLQ raws that MC fans complain about. Sounds familiar? I'm sure.

But... Kay's 3 devices have such synergy... I see Sakura setting Shinji off on some frenzy and leaving Asuka to stop him while she hangs around laughing... I wonder what Rey would do?

Taken together, people would start asking Aurion and Chario why are they wearing ear-muffs in a laboratory dealing with quiet and delicate devices.

@dragon: Have you seen the 4komas Skane, Chaos and I been spamming? Well yeah you're not alone.

Are you telling me that you made the newbies' devices RH and Bardiche's kids???? Unexpected ^^UU. Nice antics btw. (Although Sakurazaki and RH don't seem to get along ) Oh: Harisen-mode Rein = Priceless
Old 2007-05-14, 22:00   Link #162
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
Merlin and Alex's meeting reminds me of Yuuno and Nanoha, especially about him not being able to use the sword himself. And once again, old is the new new. Logians FTW! Almost reminds me of the Star League of Battletech. Nice story, I believe we can also expect great things from her.
I know. I based their encounter on Nanoha & Yuuno's meeting, since that's how I planned to have them related to each other.

Quote:
Btw, I find the heavy Authurian preseance a little forboding. What if Alexandra is Authur's second chance?
I know, the Arthurian influence is quite heavy (the family tree, the bloodline, the sword, blah-blah-blah). And I find your last statement a bit.... intriguing?

Quote:
Looking forward to Alexandra's skills!
You and Sakura better get prepared. Alexandra's swordskill is quite blunt.
Old 2007-05-15, 03:34   Link #163
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quick Recap and Updates:

Spoiler for Ashton Marten: Still pending.:

Spoiler for Kyla Scrya: Updated:

---

And now:
Spoiler for Rurika: Still Pending:
Old 2007-05-15, 08:14   Link #164
Aaron008R

Quote:
Really I'd prefer Almaria to remain the way she is. Contrasts Aurion nicely too.
Hey, it was just wishful thinking. I wouldn't have Almaria any other way as well.

Quote:
Well a typical battle when the core switch is used:

Spoiler for length:

In the end, she just mimicks whatever character comes to mind, except Saber-impersonation occurs most often. I certainly don't mind Aurion going about his mischief. Let's see what you see, like I always say. As for the oni-chan thing, unless someone clues him in he might totally miss the joke and think why is everyone laughing (if they are) when Fate's just greeting her older brother. In situations like this, Whispers is of no help in revealing what's going on.
Badass-moe? Sounds really cool to me. But I guess Aurion would annoy Kha's feisty device all the same by insisting that she's doing the imitations wrong; even prompting Almaria to speak the lines properly (Almaria is also a talented voice actress despite her disposition). I'd love to see her reaction to that.

And about the Onii-chan joke:
Spoiler for for conversation:

My apologies in advance. And I also lack in Sakura's personality data to put in a suitable input for that scenario.

Quote:
Hmm... The Device itself has no more space to cram that inside, but the Libram, which follows the mage in spirit form, can accomodate it...

Sakura: [Father! Can I have it? Please! Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease--] *silent mode*

Which would mean Sakura can materialize the Libram anytime she wants entertainment, and that might be in the wrong places. Luckily the Libram can be locked under Kha's control. But then this scenario could happen at the workshop:
Spoiler for A Day at the Workshop:

Boy did that remind me of the weird Pikachu adventures. Pardon the mild OOCness. Btw RH and Sakura usually get along fine, its just that Sakura likes to create mayhem for fun, and it eats into RH's definition of freindship...
Scaaaaary. And I didn't know Rein could do 'The Fist' as well.

@LoweGear: Man, your AI's have such chemistry. How come the devices don't overload when they lob logic bombs at each other? I can't wait to see how they interact with RH. Very interesting background for Kay, by the way.

@USB500: Very interesting. I'm amazed on how you re-engineered Arthur's story and incorporating it to Alexia's story. Now I'm looking forward to your 'Shirou' equivalent. Keep up the good work!

@Saint X: God, just how do you keep on churning out good characters so quickly? By the way, I've read your fic in FF.net. Just asking, but do you plan on altering Yuuno's profile here in this thread? Nice work!

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-05-15 at 10:21.
Old 2007-05-15, 09:41   Link #165
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@Saint X: God, just how do you keep on churning out good characters so quickly? By the way, I've read your fic in FF.net. Just asking, but do you plan on altering Yuuno's profile here in this thread? Nice work!
I don't even know myself- and yes, it's scary... but that's a good question to take note of and answer later- i still have to take calls and earn money you know.

well, i still need the go-ahead of the majority of the people here before i post any fan-made modifications to canon characters to the board.

and probably, i'll post another one.

And yes, i still have a bank of characters here... but some of them have no magic and only stand as romantic rivals- and mayhem will ensue. on that same note, Kha also has tons of OCs and modded characters

@Kha

that is scary... people might run for their lives if that happens in the workshop

---

Question: What defines an Ace in the bureau anyway?

- i don't like the sound 'five successful kills' as defined by the terran Flight Ace

I was thinking of how many missions accomplished or an 'index rating', combining number of missions, time spent, difficulty and overall rating....

Last edited by Saint X; 2007-05-15 at 09:55.
Old 2007-05-15, 12:46   Link #166
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I know, the Arthurian influence is quite heavy (the family tree, the bloodline, the sword, blah-blah-blah). And I find your last statement a bit.... intriguing?
I suppose you know what I mean then. There's a Velka saying that "Regret is what makes reincarnation a wish in this world."

Quote:
You and Sakura better get prepared. Alexandra's swordskill is quite blunt.
Hmm Kha hates meaningless battles, but Sakura's a little different. Which is kind of strange for a holy weapon, as much as she insists all that fighting is in the name of Justice.

Spoiler for Saber Duel!:

Another spinoff thought:

Spoiler for Sakura against Lutecia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
And now:
Spoiler for Rurika: Still Pending:
Kyla's getting a load more background than the last time I saw her. Martin too. Btw, I've decided to use your term "Reactive" for the trait of a "fluid Linker Core". Hence Kha's "Reaction activate!" command when he intends to swap cores.

Can't really say much cos we work directly on those. But Rurika's new to me, though I think I know where she's coming from. AltS 2 yup? Oh and StrikerS would also determine Kha's fate, as in, whether he ends up with Fate, or Sophie, who is set to appear in the 3rd chapter of Point of Light OVA.

Quote:
Badass-moe? Sounds really cool to me. But I guess Aurion would annoy Kha's feisty device all the same by insisting that she's doing the imitations wrong; even prompting Almaria to speak the lines properly (Almaria is also a talented voice actress despite her disposition). I'd love to see her reaction to that.
Spoiler for Irritated Sakura:

Does that fit?

Quote:
And about the Onii-chan joke:

My apologies in advance. And I also lack in Sakura's personality data to put in a suitable input for that scenario.
There's not much to add really. Let's see:

I'm praying that the A and E are not offended by that... Otherwise it'll be a fate scarier than a workshop of rampaging weaponized magic devices (WMD)...

Quote:
Scaaaaary. And I didn't know Rein could do 'The Fist' as well.
Sakura: [Rein-san lives with Hayate-san remember?]

Quote:
And yes, i still have a bank of characters here... but some of them have no magic and only stand as romantic rivals- and mayhem will ensue. on that same note, Kha also has tons of OCs and modded characters

@Kha: that is scary... people might run for their lives if that happens in the workshop

---

Erm... Yes I have fully compiled dossiers of characters to use, but since they are already more or less set in stone I wouldn't want to dig them out, except Kha, cos his dossier always gets me laughing. Luckily I did, for thanks to the recommendations he's better now, more human, but far from complete. That's why I'm still growing him here.

Now I've an image of...

Sakura: *sees the swirly-eyed Shari on the floor* [Oh she passed out. I wonder what happened.]

---

It's probably a combination of mage rank, skill rank, mission success percentage and a bit of reputation. Yes I've no idea what I'm talking about, just pulling it straight out of my head.

Just a thought while we're on the topic of Aces:
Spoiler for Gaogaigar-style narrator introductions after henshin completion:

:selfpromotion:

Last edited by Kha; 2007-05-15 at 19:01.
Old 2007-05-15, 17:35   Link #167
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
I suppose you know what I mean then. There's a saying that "Regret makes reincarnation a wish in this world."

Hmm Kha hates meaningless battles, but Sakura's a little different. Which is kind of strange for a holy weapon, as much as she insists all that fighting is in the name of Justice.

Spoiler for Saber Duel!:

Another spinoff thought:

Kyla's getting a load more background than the last time I saw her. Martin too. Btw, I've decided to use your term "Reactive" for the trait of a "fluid Linker Core". Hence Kha's "Reaction activate!" command when he intends to swap cores.

Can't really say much cos we work directly on those. But Rurika's new to me, though I think I know where she's coming from. AltS 2 yup? Oh and StrikerS would also determine Kha's fate, as in, whether he ends up with Fate, or Sophie, who is set to appear in the 3rd chapter of Point of Light OVA.

Does that fit?

I'm praying that the A and E are not offended by that... Otherwise it'll be a fate scarier than a workshop of rampaging weaponized magic devices (WMD)...

Erm... Yes I have fully compiled dossiers of characters to use, but since they are already more or less set in stone I wouldn't want to dig them out, except Kha, cos his dossier always gets me laughing. Luckily I did, for thanks to the recommendations he's better now, more human, but far from complete. That's why I'm still growing him here.

Now I've an image of...

Sakura: *sees the swirly-eyed Shari on the floor* [Oh she passed out. I wonder what happened.]

---

It's probably a combination of mage rank, skill rank, mission success percentage and a bit of reputation. Yes I've no idea what I'm talking about, just pulling it straight out of my head.

Kha is.........kinda scary........ .
No, let me rephrase that Sakurazaki is kinda scary

Nice antics, they're funny .

Too much of a self promotion don't you think?
Old 2007-05-15, 20:10   Link #168
Aaron008R

Quote:
well, i still need the go-ahead of the majority of the people here before i post any fan-made modifications to canon characters to the board.
Well, I wouldn't mind.But I think its safer if we ask the Mod first.

Quote:

- i don't like the sound 'five successful kills' as defined by the terran Flight Ace

I was thinking of how many missions accomplished or an 'index rating', combining number of missions, time spent, difficulty and overall rating....
I have no concrete idea about that. But I'm willing to bet on reaching AAA rank. If I remember correctly, the three Aces aren't the only ones in the bureau to have that title.

Quote:
Spoiler for Saber Duel!:
Hayate...

Quote:
Another spinoff thought:

It should be a hook trailing from a long chain of bugs. But in any case, would you mind describing Hayate's Fangirl Mode BJ? And I'm also assuming that Kha in your alternate world gets along well with Hayate in these matters. You intend to keep the info about Hayate giving him the designs, right?

Quote:

Does that fit?
Yup. And it's a good thing Kha didn't help her. A demolished facility is hardly my idea of a workplace.

Quote:

Hahaha! Excellent! TKS really knows how to make things better(worse?). And by the way, who's A and E?

Quote:
Point humbly taken.

Quote:

Wait, if you intend to include this in your world, who's idea is this? And since you've given another GGG reference, I wonder how Kha would interact with Subaru and the new cast. But I'm not forcing you to hurry! Please take your time. I'm willing to wait for the StrikerS arc anyway.

Hey, that gives me an idea. I'll do an update around the weekend about some more skills, anti-AMF tactics and random data; as well as Aurion's relationship with the New Stars. I'll try to make it as side-story like in order to avoid jarring canon. Thanks.
Old 2007-05-15, 22:27   Link #169
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Spoiler for Saber Duel!:
I don't mind Alexandra's "alart", because I know it'll be fixed in the DVD release Adult Saber-like vs Loli Saber-like... all we need is the real Saber and we'd be kickin

Quote:
Another spinoff thought:

And that's why we like Belka Meisters don't we?

Quote:

I think that description of an Ace in Nanoha would be quite adequate, as the "5 kills rule" of determining Air Force Aces in the real world would not quite fit in here.

And win for GaoGaiGar and G-Gundam there

I think Genesic's intro would fit Nanoha better though...

"This is the ultimate God of Destruction..."

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
Old 2007-05-15, 22:45   Link #170
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
I suppose you know what I mean then. There's a Velka saying that "Regret is what makes reincarnation a wish in this world."
*takes note & edits Alexandra's background*

Quote:
Spoiler for Saber Duel!:

Good thing that Alexandra isn't assigned under Hayate, otherwise.......

I have edited Alex's profile, and please click on the spoiler for her abilities.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for click for Excalibur undergoing transformation into Lionheart Form:

Currently working on Merlin's background and trivia on Alex. And I'm thinking of pairing her with Anna as a team in Lyrical of Time (still haven't resumed working on it yet).

Last edited by USB500; 2007-05-15 at 23:22. Reason: adding reference picture for Lionheart Excalibur
Old 2007-05-16, 00:30   Link #171
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Kha is.........kinda scary........ .
No, let me rephrase that Sakurazaki is kinda scary

Nice antics, they're funny .

Too much of a self promotion don't you think?
She's borderline crazy-moe, borderline angry-moe, borderline psycho-moe and very borderline moe, and with her own Linker Core that was born when her original form fused with its other half she's basically a human soul stuck in a device, hence why she's way more random that Rein. Imagine the chaos if she starts pestering Kha for a Unison form after meeting Aurion's, and the kid gives in...

*shudder*

Quote:
Hayate...

It should be a hook trailing from a long chain of bugs. But in any case, would you mind describing Hayate's Fangirl Mode BJ? And I'm also assuming that Kha in your alternate world gets along well with Hayate in these matters. You intend to keep the info about Hayate giving him the designs, right?
So that BJ in Fangirl Mode was more like when I typed *glittery look* I decided maybe this was funnier and went *Fangirl Mode* and it evolved into *Barrier Jacket in Fangirl Mode*. Bottomline is, I've no idea what that looks like. And it may be too disturbing to find out. (Dr Octopus with breast-seeking appendages deshou? :shudder: )

Actually all this was a little over the top; 4koma rank character distortion for fun deshou? They hit it off when Hayate finds Kha watching anime from his Libram while recovering from the attack against the commercial shuttle he was on (Thanks for the idea!) and that's when all the conversational anime references start flying really fast... But not to the point of being reckless on the field (Apart from Sakura's random comments and warcries, but that's after her birth.). On this note, Carim also knows Kha, having worked with him on several occasions, the first being in the next OVA chap which is timed to be during "A's Epilogue". And its a reference from 4koma again that she's interested in cosplay (but not over the top as shown in 4koma). Which leaves the avenue open for Verossa to be one of the club, and that oni-chan reaction of his in epi 6 doesn't bode well for him.

Yes Hayate's trench coat replacement for Kha's Panzerform was skipped because it was another reference:

Spoiler for Mistaken Identity:

Chairman Durandal's coat from GSD. Mecha-maniac Kha strikes again, who complements Mad Engineer Shari in wanting to build mecha forms for all devices. No seriously, the biggest thing Kha wants to work on really is the Fate-mobile. Whether he gets a chance depends on StrikerS.

For fun Hayate's coming up with ideas for Schneiderform, which focuses on increasing Kha's DPS at the expense of defence. But since Kha doesn't really need to do damage (the other Aces way outstrip him in that dept ) and just tank every single thing thrown at them, the priority to build one is low and exists as more of a hobby for both Velka Meisters.

Quote:
Yup. And it's a good thing Kha didn't help her. A demolished facility is hardly my idea of a workplace.

Hahaha! Excellent! TKS really knows how to make things better(worse?). And by the way, who's A and E?
Well she was quiet for once, which is a relief some times. Sakura has her sane moments, when she's serious (her self-declared goal is to be a potent Device in battle, another random note I dumped into her file) but contrast that with her maximum level of whackiness outside of real conflict...

That A and E is a R's doujin thing. A = Nanoha, C = Fate and E = Hayate, and it was supposedly about their cup sizes, which in StrikerS has totally torn apart.

Quote:
Wait, if you intend to include this in your world, who's idea is this? And since you've given another GGG reference, I wonder how Kha would interact with Subaru and the new cast. But I'm not forcing you to hurry! Please take your time. I'm willing to wait for the StrikerS arc anyway.

Hey, that gives me an idea. I'll do an update around the weekend about some more skills, anti-AMF tactics and random data; as well as Aurion's relationship with the New Stars. I'll try to make it as side-story like in order to avoid jarring canon. Thanks.
That GGG ref is another joke, this time compiled from 2 sources in the universe

Spoiler for explanation:

I built the universe in such a way that due to my- no, Kha's reference habit can accomodate most canon and non-canon works, I hope. Even love rivals for Fate's attention are welcome.

I actually have planned a short Guest Trainer of the Day cameo for Kha as a one-shot for that (though it'll be a while before I actually get to it.) but I got to change the cool-Kakashi act for someone in FF.net has already made a mess out of it. But some ideas:

Spoiler for StrikerS interactions:

I'm still thinking about other staff, but so far the most developed one is Shari when Kha met her at HQ FutureTech Labs, which could include Aurion as well. He's good at fixing Devices, and building them based on blueprints no matter how incomprehensible they seem, possibly include some simple modifications, but not inventing or reinventing them. Hence he buys extra storage devices in booster packs and as well as schematics to level his Engineering. Updating later with more ideas.

EDIT: Oh more posts while I was typing. Let's see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I don't mind Alexandra's "alart", because I know it'll be fixed in the DVD release Adult Saber-like vs Loli Saber-like... all we need is the real Saber and we'd be kickin

And that's why we like Belka Meisters don't we?

And win for GaoGaiGar and G-Gundam there

I think Genesic's intro would fit Nanoha better though...

"This is the ultimate God of Destruction..."
That *alarted* was on purpose, and the original word was *alarmed*. Seven Arcs must have combined alerted and alarmed into 1 word for maximum emphasis. Engrish FTW!

Actually all but the penultimate stanza of Genesic fits really. This was what I came up for the Raising Heart Evangelion (New ultimate mode that's still sitting on the drawing board) activation:

"This is the ultimate Goddess of Destruction. The perfect embodiment of pure courage. The blade within the Ace of Hearts. She is... Queen of Starlight, Takamachi Na-no-ha!"

Quote:

Well it was a suggestion of what I thought that might be applicable to Alexandra, not an imperative so I dun mind if you didn't take it...

Yeah she'd hear no end to her barrier jacket, and have problem prying the Riot 6 commander off of her, and off possibly her chest too.

Quote:
I have edited Alex's profile, and please click on the spoiler for her abilities.

Spoiler:
Sakura: [Final Fantasy? Did Squall use those skills? Gotta ask RH-san, she plays the menus so fast no one knows what spells the game has. And even the lousiest movie of the series got referenced...]
Kha: *slaps forehead* SPIRIT WAVE! No wonder I thought I heard that somewhere before.

Ah an Arms Warrior type. It's pretty balanced, and I can see she uses more fighting techniques rather than magic spells. She'd pass off fairly well as a Velka Meister for that matter.

Quote:
Sakura: [OMNISLASH! Whee~~!]
Kha:

Just a peek, this is a pencil drawing of Tausend Kreuz I made way back before StrikerS was launched, and you can see some similarities with it's spearhead and Strada. Scary. Some skills mentioned there have been dropped since, but the 2 firing modes are there. But also, pardon my tardiness, it was a sketch I made on a boring day, and then I just passed it to X for his fic.

Spoiler for Tausend Kreuz:

As you can see, Kha's mecha love got the better of him, and that resulted in a rather... unwieldy spear. Tou often ribbed him about the "homemade rifle" after Kha finished adding the CVK system.

I'm currently working on the lineart of TKS, which replaces the complicated hand-made CVK system used by TK with a Metal Storm barrel loading system and refines the older device's clunkiness. After that I gotta do cleaning up, but that'll be when I get access to Photoshop again, and that's when I get back to SG. When that's done I'll post it.

Quote:
Currently working on Merlin's background and trivia on Alex. And I'm thinking of pairing her with Anna as a team in Lyrical of Time (still haven't resumed working on it yet).
Seems fine here. I see coming onee-chan interaction along this line, and I wonder how Joseph would turn out to be like. I hope for his sake it's not "Yuuno Scrya no Suspension".

Last edited by Kha; 2007-05-16 at 00:41.
Old 2007-05-16, 02:48   Link #172
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:
now, to answer that question like i promised.

basically i tend to take from real life references and see if any of them fit in the scope of the work being done. if they fit, then they go into the holding tank for further detailing.

once in hold, i never let go of a profile until i got the right combination of this and that, and voila- an OC worth placing in any work.

the term 'so quickly' is a misnomer- what 'took me a couple of hours', started life a few months ago

on the issue of altering the profile, i am almost finished- i need more data though to complete it and the permission

@Kha

why don't you churn out the types of grunts you have in that libram of yours?

[still reading the Otome Daisen proposal]

---

and maybe we can churn out Bureau instructors during the three's training period
Old 2007-05-16, 02:59   Link #173
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
@Kha

why don't you churn out the types of grunts you have in that libram of yours?

[still reading the Otome Daisen proposal]

---

and maybe we can churn out Bureau instructors during the three's training period
Grunts? What do you mean by that?

The instructors. Hmm... I realized I used my only model I built for Touareg, so going to have to think of a new one. I did make Carim teach Hayate a bit of things, but at that time she was still a Knight so most of it Hayate had to teach herself. But no doubt with only 3 AVKs, the real Old Velka tradition is more or less lost to time. There are several characters from which the Aces could draw their lessons from (Graham, Chrono, Lieze twins, Lindy, Leity etc.) so I'd recommend a magic trainer, and a good one, and that he dies before StrikerS?

I'm a Tomino fan, and I grow most of my characters by killing even more OCs around them. Kha's the perfect example of that done in my standard of moderation.
Old 2007-05-16, 07:15   Link #174
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

@USB500: Whoa, Final Fantasy reference anyone?

I especially like the names you thought for your attacks, I'm currently in th process of 'refining' attack names, as most of Keroko's spells (including the ones not listed in the small version) are, well, basic...

Quote:
She's borderline crazy-moe, borderline angry-moe, borderline psycho-moe and very borderline moe, and with her own Linker Core that was born when her original form fused with its other half she's basically a human soul stuck in a device, hence why she's way more random that Rein. Imagine the chaos if she starts pestering Kha for a Unison form after meeting Aurion's, and the kid gives in...

*shudder*
Dear lord, Kha on sugar high....

Quote:
Well she was quiet for once, which is a relief some times. Sakura has her sane moments, when she's serious (her self-declared goal is to be a potent Device in battle, another random note I dumped into her file) but contrast that with her maximum level of whackiness outside of real conflict...
So, in other words, its a self-proclaimed goal that she only remembers when it suits her?

Quote:
Just a peek, this is a pencil drawing of Tausend Kreuz I made way back before StrikerS was launched, and you can see some similarities with it's spearhead and Strada. Scary. Some skills mentioned there have been dropped since, but the 2 firing modes are there. But also, pardon my tardiness, it was a sketch I made on a boring day, and then I just passed it to X for his fic.

As you can see, Kha's mecha love got the better of him, and that resulted in a rather... unwieldy spear. Tou often ribbed him about the "homemade rifle" after Kha finished adding the CVK system.

I'm currently working on the lineart of TKS, which replaces the complicated hand-made CVK system used by TK with a Metal Storm barrel loading system and refines the older device's clunkiness. After that I gotta do cleaning up, but that'll be when I get access to Photoshop again, and that's when I get back to SG. When that's done I'll post it.
That reminds me, I have to draw Artherion one of these days... unfortunately I can't draw very well (one of the reasons why I prefer photoshopping I guess )

From my perspective, though, It's a beautifull weapon. I can see some of the similarities with Strada (maybe we should knock on their doors and tell them to stop reading our minds, ne?) but to be honest, were Strada is pretty much basic, Tausend Kruez is more refined, with more details. Key difference, but it makes TK a beter looking weapon.

Quote:
I'm a Tomino fan, and I grow most of my characters by killing even more OCs around them. Kha's the perfect example of that done in my standard of moderation.
*Looks around in obvious denial* Well, I never do that!

... Okay, so maybe I'm guilty of that as well. Nothing builds a character better then a bit of drama. Hell, Keroko was practically born in a slaughter!

Almost... weekend.... I'll have time soon. Soooooon.
Old 2007-05-16, 08:10   Link #175
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

@USB500: *takes a look at Alex's abilities*

I smell delicious copypasta on Barrier of the Wind King... although asides from that, I like all most of Alexandra's spells. And Excalibur's Lionheart form looks like something a lumbering Space Marine would wield (mind you, I love Space Marines), although it doesn't look like the kind of blade wielded by an Arthurian warrior. Still, the lineart is awesome

@ Kha: Tausend Kreuz looks awesome there, although it really does appear too fat and bulky for a spear. No matter, it looks cool anyway Waiting for TKS and your upcoming better drawings.

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
Old 2007-05-16, 08:16   Link #176
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Heh, sorry for not really commenting on any of the recent ones. Real life's a pain when one has to shift homes, tons of work abound. Maybe I'll put out something, a drawing of OCs, devices, or some writeout within the week. Who knows?

The idea of Cloud's gimmicky Advent Children sword as a device...wouldn't the Gunblade be an ideal Belka weapon? It's already got a slot for bullets and cartridges, depending on the model, and the concept of shooting for a boost is pretty much the same too in some ways.

Hmm...Maybe I can use that as Isdera's secondary weapon.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-16, 08:48   Link #177
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Quote:

I smell delicious copypasta on Barrier of the Wind King... although asides from that, I like all most of Alexandra's spells. And Excalibur's Lionheart form looks like something a lumbering Space Marine would wield (mind you, I love Space Marines), although it doesn't look like the kind of blade wielded by an Arthurian warrior. Still, the lineart is awesome

@ Kha: Tausend Kreuz looks awesome there, although it really does appear too fat and bulky for a spear. No matter, it looks cool anyway Waiting for TKS and your upcoming better drawings.
@USB500: sometimes, things that don't mix and match, look good together.

@Kha: why am i not surprised that very blueprint exists? [Hears Dio saying 'must destroy'- "keep it down!"] that reminds me, i must buy some graphical paper to do some of my designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Heh, sorry for not really commenting on any of the recent ones. Real life's a pain when one has to shift homes, tons of work abound. Maybe I'll put out something, a drawing of OCs, devices, or some writeout within the week. Who knows?

The idea of Cloud's gimmicky Advent Children sword as a device...wouldn't the Gunblade be an ideal Belka weapon? It's already got a slot for bullets and cartridges, depending on the model, and the concept of shooting for a boost is pretty much the same too in some ways.

Hmm...Maybe I can use that as Isdera's secondary weapon.
-the Gunblade is one of the best weapons suited for the forum, fits appropriately, though some items, such a shield [which I'm planning to build as an A.D. in a later OC], are also appropriate.

---

well on the lines of the TK/TKS, can you guys give me suggestions for any 'thousand/millennium' A.D. ideas for my work, except a shield- because that is already in my creation list.

---

and on a side note, i think we must merge the fiction discussion thread and this one- that thread is kinda getting neglected now you know.

- later
Old 2007-05-16, 09:29   Link #178
Aaron008R

Quote:

Spoiler:

Woah. Saber, Cloud and Squall in one package, eh? Now if only Omnislash were there. But what the heck, I certainly don't mind. I'll be looking forward to more info on Sabe- I mean Alexandra. Sometimes, you just gotta love these borderline-broken but nontheless appealing characters, ne?

Quote:

*shudder*
*Imagines a psycho-Kha*
That girl really got her priorities as being the best device possible. But, on a more realistic note, if Kha and Sakura somehow pulls of that crazy combination, I'm willing to bet that it would be infinitely safer than a technology-forced sync like Aurion's; given Kha and Sakura's fluid cores.

Quote:
So that BJ in Fangirl Mode was more like when I typed *glittery look* I decided maybe this was funnier and went *Fangirl Mode* and it evolved into *Barrier Jacket in Fangirl Mode*. Bottomline is, I've no idea what that looks like. And it may be too disturbing to find out. (Dr Octopus with breast-seeking appendages deshou? :shudder: )
*shudders*

Quote:
Actually all this was a little over the top; 4koma rank character distortion for fun deshou? They hit it off when Hayate finds Kha watching anime from his Libram while recovering from the attack against the commercial shuttle he was on (Thanks for the idea!) and that's when all the conversational anime references start flying really fast... But not to the point of being reckless on the field (Apart from Sakura's random comments and warcries, but that's after her birth.). On this note, Carim also knows Kha, having worked with him on several occasions, the first being in the next OVA chap which is timed to be during "A's Epilogue". And its a reference from 4koma again that she's interested in cosplay (but not over the top as shown in 4koma). Which leaves the avenue open for Verossa to be one of the club, and that oni-chan reaction of his in epi 6 doesn't bode well for him.

That A and E is a R's doujin thing. A = Nanoha, C = Fate and E = Hayate, and it was supposedly about their cup sizes, which in StrikerS has totally torn apart.

That GGG ref is another joke, this time compiled from 2 sources in the universe

Spoiler for explanation:

I built the universe in such a way that due to my- no, Kha's reference habit can accomodate most canon and non-canon works, I hope. Even love rivals for Fate's attention are welcome.
Oh I see. Interesting points you've got there. (And more of Sakura's craziness ) Especially the Space Magazine part. Makes me wanna see it.

Quote:
I actually have planned a short Guest Trainer of the Day cameo for Kha as a one-shot for that (though it'll be a while before I actually get to it.) but I got to change the cool-Kakashi act for someone in FF.net has already made a mess out of it. But some ideas:

Spoiler for StrikerS interactions:
Heh. Nice interactions you've got there. Then it would seem to be safe to assume that Kha is all professional around the two Forward Stars, right? And maybe I should think about more teasing from our resident nutcase for your two lovebirds there, eh?

Quote:

Wow... Nice design you've got there. Too bad I can't really draw decent images so I won't be able to show Reishiki and Almaria properly.

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-05-17 at 03:39.
Old 2007-05-16, 20:42   Link #179
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

song of the moment: Blue Velvet (Bobby Vinton)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
@USB500: Whoa, Final Fantasy reference anyone?

Quote:

Yes, it is a delicious copy-pasta, since Alexandra is obviously... Saber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The idea of Cloud's gimmicky Advent Children sword as a device...wouldn't the Gunblade be an ideal Belka weapon? It's already got a slot for bullets and cartridges, depending on the model, and the concept of shooting for a boost is pretty much the same too in some ways..
I never thought of Squall's Gunblade when I first designed Alex.

Quote:
Woah. Saber, Cloud and Squall in one package, eh? Now if only Omnislash were there. But what the heck, I certainly don't mind. I'll be looking forward to more info on Sabe- I mean Alexia. Sometimes, you just gotta love these borderline-broken but nontheless appealing characters, ne?
Alex: someone's making fun of me...
Anna: don't worry, oneechan! I will make him pay! Miata, Vios, Meteor!
Miata/Vios: Admis d'Ordre.
*Annabelle casts Meteor and aims it at Aaron008R. Leonidas palms his face in disgrace.*

okay, enough with that.

JOSHUA MERLIN
Spoiler for click:

TRIVIA
Spoiler:

These are only a few. I don't know what else I should throw in.
Old 2007-05-16, 22:50   Link #180
Satty
Slash!

You guys are good with character-making...makes me jealous....I'll post mine up later, if I can get through the week...
Closed Thread