AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-08, 16:15   Link #1
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Majokko Tsukune-chan!

This show needs a discussion thread!

So, the funniest show of 2006 is finally here! Funny in exactly the opposite way that Lucky Star is funny.

Only 6 12 minute episodes here, but don't expect releases to be fast! I've got a thesis to write, dammit...
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 19:41   Link #2
MingShun
Grand High Chickadee

Hahaha, I totally know that feeling. But the 20 minutes for eps 1 and 2 were worth it. I have no regrets...

Is there a manga version?
MingShun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 11:29   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I hope that thesis is coming along well, Quarkboy! But, really, thanks to you and Ureshii for subbing this hilarious show. Was Tsukune-san shown in a child-friendly timeslot, or was it a late night show aimed at adults?

Ureshii is fast becoming one of my favorite subbing groups after their excellent work on Dennou Coil and now Tsukune-san. Now if they'd only decide to sub Saiunkoku Monogatari S2....
Old 2007-12-31, 13:33   Link #4
darksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Was Tsukune-san shown in a child-friendly timeslot, or was it a late night show aimed at adults?
I think I can answer that question.
Well, from what I read from Japanese Wikipedia, the Tsukune-chan anime, which is based on the manga series of the same title by MAGARI Hiroaki, has never been on TV broadcast, and only OVA available (and thus it is less known to Japanese audience, I guess).

There's also the (free) web manga of Tsukune-chan available on the Shonen Sirius official website here
http://www.sirius.kodansha.co.jp/contents19.html
Old 2007-12-31, 13:39   Link #5
SinsI

I kinda liked the jokes, but I didn't like the overly-simplistic art.
One Gyagu Manga Byori is more than enough - I'd rather choose a Komugi-chan look-alike.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 20:43   Link #6
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I hope that thesis is coming along well, Quarkboy! But, really, thanks to you and Ureshii for subbing this hilarious show. Was Tsukune-san shown in a child-friendly timeslot, or was it a late night show aimed at adults?

Ureshii is fast becoming one of my favorite subbing groups after their excellent work on Dennou Coil and now Tsukune-san. Now if they'd only decide to sub Saiunkoku Monogatari S2....
Thesis is written, phd is gotten, and postdoc has commenced.

Also, I finished the translations for MTC months ago, and left the rest of the work to Emtee and the other people at Ureshii.

Majokko Tsukune-chan is a little known OVA series (released on _6_ DVDs, one per 12 minute episode, at $30 a DVD), which was based on the previously mentioned manga.

It looks to have had little to no budget compared to normal anime and be more like a special "best of" animated clip show from the manga strips.
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 07:54   Link #7
Emtee
Huburr

Yeah MTC has been done translating since around august, just had the big problem of people getting busy with exams or suddenly diseapearing. So we hope we will get ep 6 done soon.

About the art I think it suits this show well and they shouldn't have done it in another way, even if it looks similiar to another show, don't think everyone can be really orginal these days in the way of art
Emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 22:45   Link #8
ellifeedn
Thinker

I decided to take a look at this show and I found it to be funny. My favorite character is the Mayor. You just can't help but laugh at him in every episode.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 22:44   Link #9
ellifeedn
Thinker

Sorry for the double post but I couldn't help bumping the old thread. I finally saw the last episode and while I find the Mayor to be really funny, to me Tsukune just won the top spot. I thank Ureshii for subbing this little gem.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote