AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 43 34.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 48.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 9.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-09, 19:42   Link #21
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
But the sadder part is that it is looking like Clare is going to be forced into being a Claymore.
but then in episode 2, when raki asked her why did she become a claymore, she said she decided to become one when she was little......
Old 2007-05-09, 19:54   Link #22
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Teresa, you kick butt!

Seriously, her resolution is amazing. She violates all the rules to protect Clare and she doesn't regret any of it. I loved the scene where Teresa embraces Clare; her realization of what Clare originally intended upon their first meeting was heartwarming.

I'm terribly happy that Teresa has found something to live for; even if she has to injure Claymore and kill despicable bandits to do it.
Old 2007-05-09, 20:05   Link #23
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
but then in episode 2, when raki asked her why did she become a claymore, she said she decided to become one when she was little......
She could have been brainwashed, or just grew to accept her forceful entry. How ever it happens, we will probably find out soon.
Old 2007-05-09, 21:11   Link #24
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Teresa is definitely my fav Claymore.

I gave this ep. a "10".
Old 2007-05-09, 21:45   Link #25
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
She could have been brainwashed, or just grew to accept her forceful entry. How ever it happens, we will probably find out soon.
yes, you will ^_^
Old 2007-05-09, 22:38   Link #26
alanmh

Send a message via AIM to alanmh
Am I the only one that got a little watery-eyed when Clare "saved" Teresa this ep?
Old 2007-05-09, 22:46   Link #27
Kouvley

Another excellent episode.

Spoiler for ep 6:
Old 2007-05-09, 23:05   Link #28
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

When you think about it, it's really not that big a deal to defy the organization. It's not like a Claymore can work for 25 years and then retire while scoring a phat pension...
Old 2007-05-09, 23:32   Link #29
chrry370

Oh this episode just simply rocked...Gotta love teresa!
This episode clearly shows the strong bond between clare and teresa... i wonder what happened to teresa later?

hope she doesnt die (she's my favourite character! ) but it isnt looking too good...

i'm so desperate that i might even check the manga lol...please dont die teresa!
Old 2007-05-09, 23:40   Link #30
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The best episodes for me so far. Teresa x Clare made more impact for me than Clare x Raki. Not to mention it's nice that Teresa didn't just give up to the Organization.

Still, not too happy with the use of speed lines when it comes to action sequence... they really should put more effort to animating them especially when more meaningful enemies comes into play later on in the series (the bad guys so far been fodders other than the big demon in the church)
Old 2007-05-10, 00:03   Link #31
Mithinco
Laughing Anime

What a tear jerker. Teresa and Clare are awesome! I just wish that the villagers could really show their appreciation better. Maybe a hug, an honest thank you, or celebration rather than just the reward? Everyone makes it seem as if a Claymore's occupation is a dead end job. Well, I guess that's how it is when everyone views them as silver-eyed witches.
Old 2007-05-10, 00:13   Link #32
thundrakkon
Anime-Only Viewer
*Graphic Designer

Simply amazing. And no, Alanmh, you are not the only one to get teary eyes. Deathkillz would probably agree with you as well as I.

Spoiler for Thoughts on future Teresa and Clare:

Everything about Teresa has turned out wonderfully. I understand now why so many people like her. Not only is she powerful, she has a personality and heart to match. Also, I have a sense that her intelligence and intuition is far beyond the grow-up Clare Claymore. I wonder how Lacus Clyne would compare to her? (although I might have just written my death note with that question).

I wouldn't really mind if the rest of the series is just "The Adventures of Teresa and Clare" (although from what others have mentioned, it will probably be only 2 more eps).
Old 2007-05-10, 00:17   Link #33
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithinco View Post
What a tear jerker. Teresa and Clare are awesome! I just wish that the villagers could really show their appreciation better. Maybe a hug, an honest thank you, or celebration rather than just the reward? Everyone makes it seem as if a Claymore's occupation is a dead end job. Well, I guess that's how it is when everyone views them as silver-eyed witches.
It literally is...when the Youma starts to take over you have someone kill you. That is what I call a dead end job.
Old 2007-05-10, 01:27   Link #34
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouvley View Post
Another excellent episode.

Spoiler for ep 6:
Well, I think this is easy to explain
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-10, 01:31   Link #35
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Not knowing the youma's identity means he might get ambushed or maybe it will kill one of his men and steal its identity to more easily ambush him. Or maybe he just thinks it is a lot of bother to kill a youma when all he needs to do is to wait for the Claymore to kill it.

Of course, he probably under estimated how dangerous a youma really is. As said in the prologue to the Bastard anime, "Human beings were miserably inadequate."

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-10, 02:25   Link #36
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Or it could've been an intentional lie. Just speculation.

Absolutely loved this episode, and Teresa. What more can I say? She's one of the most entertaining female characters I've ever seen.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmh View Post
Am I the only one that got a little watery-eyed when Clare "saved" Teresa this ep?
Not at all! I was watery-eyed for most of the episode, and also for the second one in a row.
Old 2007-05-10, 03:11   Link #37
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Well, I think this is easy to explain
Spoiler:
He might _think_ that, but in reality its more like a huge overinflation in his ego.
I guess those two knights from ep 3/4 would have been enough to kill him.
Old 2007-05-10, 06:32   Link #38
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Am i the only one who really missed the frieky tune?
I love that eerie vibe
Plus i am a raki/clare fan so it's sad to here that their story isn't being continued
Old 2007-05-10, 07:23   Link #39
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I really loved Tesea's eyes in that night scene. Made her look so much like those big cat predators and the eyes that 'glow' in the dark. Props to the animators on that.

Although, I have to say that nearly every male with the exception of those that showed up in ep 5 are pretty much...bad. All the rest are spineless.
Old 2007-05-10, 08:09   Link #40
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

I am so strengthening my heart for the next episode...at present my heart is in no condition to face next week.
MADHOUSE..again u deserve a lot of credit...an absolute brilliant job at the adaptation.. Keep it Up

PS: I still liked the manga part of Teresa breakin into tears more than the anime i gues..but at the rest..i think it s a job well done
Closed Thread