AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-20, 10:17   Link #221
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Seiran is too polite towards Shuurei.He constantly call her ojou-sama. They are close but not the romantic type.To me,Seiran treats her more like a sister and so does Shuurei.There is just not enough romantic tension between them.I expect Seiran to make some perverted moves towards Shuurei since he has been keeping porn books!

There is an interesting link here that shows SaiMono's seiyuus discussing about Shuurei's possible love interest

http://that.animeblogger.net/2007/12...riage-partner/
That interview with the seiyuus was pretty cool. So it looks like even they agree that Ryukki has a great chance with Shuurei but i agree with everyone here the time is not right at all for her to think about marriage. She is just coming into her own and exploreing a new part of life and living her dream. I would be unhappy if they tried to force something in the relationship department. The story has just been so interesting so far i dont want anything to ruin it. I will be buying both seasons once the 2nd is complete i just feel in love with the story and Shuurei. I havent been this excited since Twelve Kingdoms was released.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 10:41   Link #222
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I will be buying both seasons once the 2nd is complete i just feel in love with the story and Shuurei. I havent been this excited since Twelve Kingdoms was released.
good luck with buying the show, Geneon had the first season and they didn't finish it. Nobody has licensed the show and I heard that the sales for the first season were very bad so I don't think we will be seeing this show considering that there are "better seller" shows out there. Notice that I didn't say better show because I think this show is awesome but my tastes are not main stream.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 10:48   Link #223
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
good luck with buying the show, Geneon had the first season and they didn't finish it. Nobody has licensed the show and I heard that the sales for the first season were very bad so I don't think we will be seeing this show considering that there are "better seller" shows out there. Notice that I didn't say better show because I think this show is awesome but my tastes are not main stream.
I totally understand you, my taste dont tend to be mainstream either. Well if i cant buy it im sure there are other ways for me to obtain it. Normally i buy the series that i like to support the companies and the anime industry its self but im sure a lot times thats just not an option and have to depend on burning fansubs to DVD to get our fix. Thanks for the info though i appreciate.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 09:11   Link #224
cutecouplesfan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Quezon City, Philippines
Age: 22
so...no episode 9 subbed yet? aww....this waiting is killing me...I want to watch how will shuurei handle the Sa province..I also want to know what will happen to Eigetsu. how come this anime is not that popular? it should be! This series show what women is capable of!
cutecouplesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 11:00   Link #225
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecouplesfan View Post
so...no episode 9 subbed yet? aww....this waiting is killing me...I want to watch how will shuurei handle the Sa province..I also want to know what will happen to Eigetsu. how come this anime is not that popular? it should be! This series show what women is capable of!
because it has too much dialogue and very little action.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 11:32   Link #226
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
because it has a lot of too much dialogue and very little action.
There, fiixed that for you. Some of us like series with lots of dialogue and don't care all that much about action. Thank goodness, someone still makes series for us. Since you're pretty active in this thread, I'd say you're probably one of us.

Unless you meant that it takes longer to sub a series like SaiMono because the script is so long. I didn't really find that to be the case with the subbing for season one, though.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 17:10   Link #227
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
There, fiixed that for you. Some of us like series with lots of dialogue and don't care all that much about action. Thank goodness, someone still makes series for us. Since you're pretty active in this thread, I'd say you're probably one of us.

Unless you meant that it takes longer to sub a series like SaiMono because the script is so long. I didn't really find that to be the case with the subbing for season one, though.
i was not criticising the show, I have already said that the show is awesome and that I like it, but I was just saying what most people think about the show!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 10:49   Link #228
Trisha
Kaname-sama
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecouplesfan View Post
I just finished watching saiunkoku monogatari season 2 episode 8 and i'm looking for episode 9...is it out yet in subbed? where can I watch it? I love Saiunkoku Monogatari! Especially ShuureiXRyuuki pairing!!! Next to them ShuureiXSeiran pairing! or ShuureiXKouyuu!! so cute!!! I absolutely despise(not the exact right word but similar to despise) the shuureiXsakujun pairing! I would prefer anyone than sakujun even ran ryuuren! I ryuuren better than sakujun! fortunately sakujun died, he died right?
So we're on the same boat now huh. I mean waiting for the episode 9+ lol!

Regarding your question about Sakujun here it is:

In the Saiunkoku novels it is hinted that when he "dies" or at the brink of death, someone came to his side, though it's unclear who (Shou Taishi maybe?? The Hyou clan???).
Trisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 19:57   Link #229
tangerine_reishin
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kansas
Age: 23
they've only subbed up to episode 8 of season two right? the wait for the rest is murder lol
does anyone have any idea of when they'll be completed?
tangerine_reishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 20:10   Link #230
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_reishin View Post
they've only subbed up to episode 8 of season two right? the wait for the rest is murder lol
does anyone have any idea of when they'll be completed?

It is up to the fansubbers and we just have to wait
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 20:14   Link #231
tangerine_reishin
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kansas
Age: 23
thats depressing but you're right
tangerine_reishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 03:29   Link #232
cutecouplesfan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Quezon City, Philippines
Age: 22
when did the subbed episode 8 came out? how long does it even take to subbed one episode of a series? oh how i wish i could understand japanese....i have a question why did ryuuki assigned shuurei and eigetsu to sa province? why didn't he assigned some other official? is it because those two are the only capable people to led the sa province?

here is another question: why can't ryuuki just tell those official that he likes someone else that's why he doesn't want to pick a consort?
cutecouplesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 10:15   Link #233
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecouplesfan View Post
when did the subbed episode 8 came out?
According to the main AS page for this series, on December 14th.

Oh, and if your screen name is accurate, you'd probably enjoy watching Baccano!

Quote:
i have a question why did ryuuki assigned shuurei and eigetsu to sa province? why didn't he assigned some other official? is it because those two are the only capable people to led the sa province?
Leaving aside the obvious "it's a plot device" answer, I think Ryukki's primary motivation was to elevate Shurrei and Eigetsu in front of the Court so they will be taken seriously in the future. Ryukki has complete faith in Shurrei, and he claimed to have been following Eigetsu's career since before he arrived for the exams. Remember, too, that these two ranked first and third on the exam, so they should be expected to perform above the norm.

Quote:
why can't ryuuki just tell those official that he likes someone else that's why he doesn't want to pick a consort?
Remember that one of the most important tasks for an Emperor is to produce an heir. From the officials' perspective, Ryukki needs to buckle down and get to work on that task as soon as possible. Of course, all of them want their daughters or nieces to become one of the select few consorts, so there are additional political pressures involved. Recall the scene earlier in this season where Ryukki is facing an enormous pile of marriage proposals and a number of angry noblemen.
__________________

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2007-12-31 at 11:08.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 10:40   Link #234
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
I Stop Watching The Anime After The First Season Finish ...
I'm Witting Season 2 To Finish...( I'm witting The Sub Too)..
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 11:02   Link #235
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Remember that one of the most important tasks for an Emperor is to produce an heir. From the officials' perspective, Ryukki needs to buckle down and get to work on that task as soon as possible. Of course, all of them want their daughters or nieces to become one of the select few consorts, so there are additional political pressures involved. Recall the scene earlier in this season where Ryukki is facing an enormous pile of marriage proposals and a number of angry noblemen.
exactly, he needs to get a heir as soon as possible, Remember what happened even when there were legitimite heirs before.ALL the princes claimed the throne and brought the country to almost destruction, just imagine what would happen if Ryuukki were to die without a proper heir this time.

Ryuukki is resisting to get a wife because he is hoping that Shurei will change her mind and accept his offer. The problem with shurei is that once she becomes the emperor concubine she CAN'T have any direct influence in matter of states. while, if she married anyone else she will still be allowed to work as an official! She also still sees Ryukki as a child and he is not helping matters by always acting like one in front of her just so he can get his way in all matters but the marriage.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 14:34   Link #236
Trisha
Kaname-sama
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecouplesfan View Post
when did the subbed episode 8 came out?how long does it even take to subbed one episode of a series?
The fansubbing group released the episode on Nov. 24. There are two small fansubbing groups that are currently working on SM2: fourleafcloverhttp://fourleafclover.wordpress.com/ and sweet secretsubs

-fourleafclover is working on the even no. episodes while sweetsecret on the odd ones. At the rate they are going(esp. sweet secret which is slower) its probably gonna take a year or so to finish SM2(unless a bigger subgroup picks it up or they pick up speed) . I mean, they would take a month to finish an episode and SM2 has 39 episodes! Arrrrrggh! the suspense is killing me! I want to know what will happen to the next arc T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecouplesfan View Post
i have a question why did ryuuki assigned shuurei and eigetsu to sa province? why didn't he assigned some other official?
I also agree with what seijisensei said but I think here's another reason why: the emperor offered the senior officers the same honor if they wanted to take the post of governor of Sa Providence. All the senior officers, who knew about the danger to their life in the providence, either had other important duties assigned to them already, or did not have the guts to gamble on his life for the promotion. Everyone was given an opportunity, but none was WILLING to take it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecouplesfan View Post
here is another question: why can't ryuuki just tell those official that he likes someone else that's why he doesn't want to pick a consort?
Seijisensei and golthin pretty much answered your question about this one


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Last edited by Trisha; 2007-12-31 at 15:04.
Trisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 14:56   Link #237
Trisha
Kaname-sama
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Ryuuki is resisting to get a wife because he is hoping that Shurei will change her mind and accept his offer. The problem with shurei is that once she becomes the emperor concubine she CAN'T have any direct influence in matter of states. while, if she married anyone else she will still be allowed to work as an official!
- How depressing if Shuurei does not end up with Ryuuki. Its like the moral of the story becomes, “When true love is too much of a hassle, go for the political marriage.” (including Ryuuki's side)


Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
She also still sees Ryukki as a child and he is not helping matters by always acting like one in front of her just so he can get his way in all matters but the marriage.
lol! I agree.
Trisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 15:08   Link #238
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisha View Post
- How depressing if Shuurei does not end up with Ryuuki. Its like the moral of the story becomes, “When true love is too much of a hassle, go for the political marriage.” (including Ryuuki's side)
I won't mind a political marriage, Shurie's father said in one of the episodes that Shurie will agree to a political marriage if that helps thing, but the problem is that she probably won't go with one with Ryuuki. The job of emperor's wife is really just for decoration and to make babies and Shuurie wants more than that.

Another thing, is that at least this political marriages don't seem to be "forced" in that Shurie still have Veto power. I don't mind this kind of marriages as long as the people agree with them.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 01:22   Link #239
cutecouplesfan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Quezon City, Philippines
Age: 22
Happy new year everyone!! thanks for answering my questions! I wonder why can't consorts become officials? they're humans too and capable of things besides making babies..
cutecouplesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 09:28   Link #240
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecouplesfan View Post
I wonder why can't consorts become officials? they're humans too and capable of things besides making babies..
conflict of interest! she is sleeping with the boss, so any agreement with her will seem as favoritism. Shurei is not married with him and still many people think she is being show favoritsim by Ryuuki and in certain way they are right.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.