AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-07-11, 00:54   Link #121
greeneyes
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
It's the same song from S1

'hajimari no kaze' by Ayaka Hirahara.
Ah thank you. I always wondered what song it was but never had the time to find it. Thanks again
greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 11:06   Link #122
green_sweetz17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Fourleafcloverfansubs just released ep. 2

fourleafclover.wordpress.com
green_sweetz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 02:20   Link #123
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tokyo
Send a message via Skype™ to kandidasama
I just have chance to hear the 2nd ending song " Asu he"
It's very nice and romantic, little slow though.
kandidasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 04:28   Link #124
anime_addict90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
who do you guys think is most likely to hook-up with shuurei? cause I just started watching the episode this weekend and I'm still in episode 30 of the first season but from what I've seen every guy on the show seems to fall in love if not always grows a liking for her. So can you give me your thought on this? It's a pretty good show though.
anime_addict90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 08:24   Link #125
karumofin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
i got it, finally... is it really so hard to set up a torrentfile on your own?
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 13:22   Link #126
ClariCANDYXD
The Helper^^
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_addict90 View Post
who do you guys think is most likely to hook-up with shuurei? cause I just started watching the episode this weekend and I'm still in episode 30 of the first season but from what I've seen every guy on the show seems to fall in love if not always grows a liking for her. So can you give me your thought on this? It's a pretty good show though.
Yea these things will keep on happening to her. Im in the second season but I can't see or know much because I need subtutles to understand. So im reading blogs right now... its pretty sad but then I get to know whats going on....
ClariCANDYXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 21:30   Link #127
anime_addict90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClariCANDYXD View Post
Yea these things will keep on happening to her. Im in the second season but I can't see or know much because I need subtutles to understand. So im reading blogs right now... its pretty sad but then I get to know whats going on....
why do you say it's sad?
anime_addict90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 00:52   Link #128
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_addict90 View Post
who do you guys think is most likely to hook-up with shuurei? cause I just started watching the episode this weekend and I'm still in episode 30 of the first season but from what I've seen every guy on the show seems to fall in love if not always grows a liking for her. So can you give me your thought on this? It's a pretty good show though.
She will meet even more guys in the future, and most of them will fall for her. But it's unlikely she'll fall for anyone since she's really focus on her career. Saiunkoku is great because the heroine is so uninterested in romantic matters; she has interest in making an honest day living than dating a dude. I can't see her ever really falls for a guy the way other guys falls for her.

I keep up with this show just for that reason - this is a harem show with the main character with no interest in love! She's all about the future of the country and the welfare of the poor... what a great girl. The show is SUPER HOT in Japan and single handedly turn many OL who has never watched anime before into BL fujoshi.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 04:17   Link #129
anime_addict90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
She will meet even more guys in the future, and most of them will fall for her. But it's unlikely she'll fall for anyone since she's really focus on her career. Saiunkoku is great because the heroine is so uninterested in romantic matters; she has interest in making an honest day living than dating a dude. I can't see her ever really falls for a guy the way other guys falls for her.

I keep up with this show just for that reason - this is a harem show with the main character with no interest in love! She's all about the future of the country and the welfare of the poor... what a great girl. The show is SUPER HOT in Japan and single handedly turn many OL who has never watched anime before into BL fujoshi.
I guess you're right but I don't totally agree with you because I think she's bound to fall in love sometime with either seiran or ryuuki. Btw are you saying you'll lose some interest in the show if she falls in love or something?
anime_addict90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 13:10   Link #130
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_addict90 View Post
I guess you're right but I don't totally agree with you because I think she's bound to fall in love sometime with either seiran or ryuuki. Btw are you saying you'll lose some interest in the show if she falls in love or something?
I think she's already stated her her interests...
Spoiler for Season II spoiler, I think:


I'm not going to lose interest if she falls in love because the story is incredibly mature and complex. I am watching it mainly because the wife is gaga over it, but I enjoy it because she's more than someone's love toy... yeah everyone's falling for her even though she's supposed to be an ugly duckling (she is in the novels), but her dedication into major issues like sexual discrimination, education, proper governance, welfare of the poor and needy, and gay rights (just kidding!) is just marvelous to watch. It's refreshing to watch an anime story written by a woman to appeal to other women without resorting to all the usual formula. I will watch and read Saiunkoku until the very end.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 16:37   Link #131
ClariCANDYXD
The Helper^^
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_addict90 View Post
why do you say it's sad?
Its sad becuase I can't see the second season in english..... but don't worry like you said she's bound to end up with someone which most likely would be the emperor but right now its a little stressing because she's too focused on her job that she dosen't really have much romance but things will catch up she'll balance love with work soon so dont worry!^^
ClariCANDYXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 07:57   Link #132
anime_addict90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I think she's already stated her her interests...
Spoiler for Season II spoiler, I think:


I'm not going to lose interest if she falls in love because the story is incredibly mature and complex. I am watching it mainly because the wife is gaga over it, but I enjoy it because she's more than someone's love toy... yeah everyone's falling for her even though she's supposed to be an ugly duckling (she is in the novels), but her dedication into major issues like sexual discrimination, education, proper governance, welfare of the poor and needy, and gay rights (just kidding!) is just marvelous to watch. It's refreshing to watch an anime story written by a woman to appeal to other women without resorting to all the usual formula. I will watch and read Saiunkoku until the very end.
I agree, it's really great to watch! but I still believe she's going to fall in love eventually. btw you said that she's supposed to be an ugly duckling in the novels; how ugly exactly? like "evil stepsister ugly" or just not that pretty looking(but not ugly and maybe a wee bit attractive (I suppose))?
anime_addict90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 13:47   Link #133
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Umm....I don't know if Seiran is the one; as far as I can see she shows the most romantic type affection for Ryuuki, but hey thats just me. I think that ending seen in the last season hints heaily towards Ryuuki. While she says she likes Serien and her father the best, I don't think that translates into romantic affection. From my memory of the first season Serien and his farther seems to support his brother and Shuurie. I do think its going to be either Ryuki or Serien I'm not sure the others have a chance. But again, I could be wrong. I must say that I haven't seen many Ryuki/Shuurie moments this season. Could someone who reads the novel let us know?
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 21:50   Link #134
anime_addict90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Umm....I don't know if Seiran is the one; as far as I can see she shows the most romantic type affection for Ryuuki, but hey thats just me. I think that ending seen in the last season hints heaily towards Ryuuki. While she says she likes Serien and her father the best, I don't think that translates into romantic affection. From my memory of the first season Serien and his farther seems to support his brother and Shuurie. I do think its going to be either Ryuki or Serien I'm not sure the others have a chance. But again, I could be wrong. I must say that I haven't seen many Ryuki/Shuurie moments this season. Could someone who reads the novel let us know?
really? not a lot of shuurei/ryuuki moments? anyway we'll get there soon enough, so it's fine.
anime_addict90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 18:33   Link #135
jellyunicorn123
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boston
Age: 27
I was told by someone that read the novel that she doesn't end up with anyone in the end. But it is expected to be Seiran, because that's the closest person to her. Yeah i do miss lots of Ryuuki/Shuurie moments too. But it makes perfect sense at the same time. There is no way that the two can be toghter, if Shuurie was to wed, that would be considered as internal corruption. I think both know well enough that it would definately put a bad name for the court. T_T too bad . but i still like sa sakujun! woot lol
jellyunicorn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 07:59   Link #136
karumofin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
episode 3 is out, by the way.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 10:18   Link #137
anime_addict90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyunicorn123 View Post
I was told by someone that read the novel that she doesn't end up with anyone in the end. But it is expected to be Seiran, because that's the closest person to her. Yeah i do miss lots of Ryuuki/Shuurie moments too. But it makes perfect sense at the same time. There is no way that the two can be toghter, if Shuurie was to wed, that would be considered as internal corruption. I think both know well enough that it would definately put a bad name for the court. T_T too bad . but i still like sa sakujun! woot lol
really? that sucks! nonetheless, it's still a great show.
anime_addict90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 10:58   Link #138
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tokyo
Send a message via Skype™ to kandidasama
I still support Shuurei/Ryuuki,though.
Don't you think the story is too long?
Combine all 2 series are like 100 episodes.
kandidasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 17:59   Link #139
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
I watched episode three today and liked the directions the story is going, especially the story of Eigetsu and, I hope, Kourin as well.

One thing that's bothered me throughout these first three episodes is the comedic portrayal of Shurrei. While the opening of season one had her in such a role as well, by the season midpoint she had become quite a serious person and much more appealing to me as a result. While it's been nice that she's gotten to spend time at home with her family, I for one eagerly await her return to Sa Province so her story can pick up steam again.

Oh, and 39 + 39 = 78, which is still quite a few short of a hundred. That puts it in the same league as Monster or Hikaru no Go for me, both of which I had no trouble watching to conclusion. If the writing keeps up and these characters continue to hold my interest, I'd be happy to see it go on for years. From what I've read about the novels, there's no shortage of material.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 09:02   Link #140
anime_addict90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
I wish there were more ryuuki/shuurei or seiran/shuurei moments in the show esp in the 2nd season.
anime_addict90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.