AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-13, 05:45   Link #1
plasma

Romance anime where the guy chooses to be with the shy gal...

sigh.. the guy in most animes i watch always chooses to be with the outgoing/sporty/outspoken/violent gal instead of the shy/innocent/softspoken/humble gal..

(eg (spoilers): in KGNE the guy chooses Mitsuki instead of Haruka, in onegai twin tt guy chooses Miina instead of Karen, in full metal panic, the guy chooses Chidori instead of tessa..

No doubt the anime is more interesting and funny when the guy chooses the violent gal, but is there any anime where the guy chooses the shy gal?

coz i am always rooting for the shy gal to win
Old 2004-01-13, 06:41   Link #2
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... _

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma
sigh.. the guy in most animes i watch always chooses to be with the outgoing/sporty/outspoken/violent gal instead of the shy/innocent/softspoken/humble gal..

(eg (spoilers): in KGNE the guy chooses Mitsuki instead of Haruka, in onegai twin tt guy chooses Miina instead of Karen, in full metal panic, the guy chooses Chidori instead of tessa..

No doubt the anime is more interesting and funny when the guy chooses the violent gal, but is there any anime where the guy chooses the shy gal?

well if you all about the shy girls........watch Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien atleast the first 2 eps, you will love it

oh crap nevermind, didnt see that spoiler!! LOL well than try Saikano i guess
Old 2004-01-13, 07:22   Link #3
u&t

Quote:
Have you seen Fruit Basket? The main protagonist is a girl you'll probably like.

Not anime but go rent all Jane Austen movies you can find. There the quiet girls always win.
Old 2004-01-14, 13:32   Link #4
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
well if you all about the shy girls........watch Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien atleast the first 2 eps, you will love it

oh crap nevermind, didnt see that spoiler!! LOL well than try Saikano i guess
Saikano is very good, how about Boys be? I know theres 11 episodes ( not sure though) each one has a different story.
Old 2004-01-14, 17:01   Link #5
Whojive
is behind on many eps

Send a message via AIM to Whojive Send a message via Yahoo to Whojive
must check out this Saikano, its been mentioned so much
Old 2004-01-14, 17:35   Link #6
7thMethuselah

yeah, check it out but don't forget your handkerchief and put away all things that'll help you commit suicide, it get's rather depressing at certain (read ALL) moments ;-)
Old 2004-01-16, 19:51   Link #7
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
(
Deeper sigh... well, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for you to stumble over a title more to your liking, even if I didn't nudge you along here.

Of course if you pick shoujo romances, the main character IS a girl and she usually IS shy and she DEFINITELY is going to hook up with a guy (if she even tries).

There are certain rules to anime relationships and eventually you will know about 2 episodes into any given series exactly who will wind up with who. But it takes a bit of doing to explain them, you have to figure them out for yourself...

you can find torrents for the following:

Hanaukyo Maid Tai
Mamotte Shugogetten

...and hopefully by the time you are done with these you will know all the rules. Ganbare.
Old 2004-01-16, 20:01   Link #8
flightless
Inactive Member

As far as reading licensed manga where the shy girl wins, there's Mars. As far as I know ,you've got to buy it - or find a friend who has it! Ha..
Old 2004-01-18, 07:04   Link #9
Iridi

Quote:

([edited without permission] No doubt the anime is more interesting and funny when the guy chooses the violent gal, but is there any anime where the guy chooses the shy gal?

Try Ultra Maniac... it's not exactly a contest between popular and shy, but it should satisfy you.

And what about Ah My Goddess?

Oh, and Tenchi Muyo, of course, he doesn't really end up with her, but it seems he will...

Methinks there're plenty more, too
Old 2004-01-18, 09:02   Link #10
Illuzion

Quote:
Have you seen Fruit Basket? The main protagonist is a girl you'll probably like.
yeah, Fruits Basket is close enough to romantic and its gotta be my favourite out of the few animes ive watched
Old 2005-12-24, 21:04   Link #11
MamoruUsagi

Well, I thought I'd add to this post and repost some suggestions.

There are lots of romance anime and manga where the boy chooses the shy one.

Kare First Love is a manga where the guy chooses the shy girl and they are together for a long time.

Mars is the series where the boy chooses the shy girl and they are together for a long time.

The Devil Does Exist is a romance where the couple are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating in relationships.

Kim ni Todoke is another.

Akuma De Sourou is an amazing romance.

High School Debut the couple are dating and in a deep relationship.

Othello is a series where the boy chooses the shy girl.

In these series, the shy, innocent one wins and they are together for a long time and all great series.

In Mars, Kira gets the guy.

In Kare First Love, there's Karin.

In The Devil Does Exist, Kayano is dating Kayano's boyfriend, Takeru.

In Kimi ni Todoke, there's Sawako.

In Akuma De Sourou, there's Kayano.

In Othello, there's Yaya.

In High School Debut, Haruna is dating Yoh.

I've read the entire series of all of these and they are great romances. These are manga series where the shy one wins. All the volumes are great.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-09-04 at 01:38.
Old 2005-12-25, 03:00   Link #12
anime-noob
Noob

WOWWWWW~ most of the anime or mangas that i've read or watch, the guy usually chooses the shy girl~

Well let me see what i can rmb:

*Da capo~great anime where not blood related bro n sis love each other
*Da capo SS (not finished)
*love hina- not sure if its a shy gurl~ but love hina's awesome
*Chobits~ the main gurl is shy i guess, lol
*Midori no hibi- AWESOME ANIME, cant really define main chick as shy or not shy (watch n u'll see)
*純愛塗鴉 (pastel)- not sure if theres a anime for it

ahhH~ cant really think of any at the moment, its like brain freeze
Old 2005-12-25, 03:29   Link #13
xblank

About Onegai Twins, to be fair he doesn't actually chose the girl he ends up with.
Spoiler i guess. I mean he winds up with the girl thats not his sister. Although she the more outgoing one its alot better than an incest ending, but I get what you mean.
Old 2005-12-28, 12:22   Link #14
mit7059

im surprised, no one has mentioned shuffle!

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Closed Thread