AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 22 46.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 25.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 12.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-16, 11:09   Link #41
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran View Post

And on a side note:

Does anybody else think that the atleast half of the episode's budget went into this specific scene? Is it just me, or does the quality of animation just shoot up whenever there's a Yoko close up scene?
I mean, her...uh... assets... just became..uh... shiny

EDIT: Oh crap... i know this is off topic but... can anybody please help me with posting thumbnail picture links?
Translation: "I don't know anything about animation." If anything, the stand out scenes were the Mori explosions and the Yoshinari bullet launching when Dai-Ganzan first appeared.
Old 2007-05-16, 11:39   Link #42
manuloz

Hisashi Mori and You Yoshinari are not credited on this episode. but Sushio finaly showed up

The Bullet scene key frames are on Gainax HP

http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/gurren-lagann/c38.html
Old 2007-05-16, 14:18   Link #43
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
Hisashi Mori and You Yoshinari are not credited on this episode. but Sushio finaly showed up

Oh my! Those explosions liked exactly like the ones everyone supposed were his in episode 2...
Old 2007-05-16, 18:02   Link #44
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post

Yeah, the explosions and all the animation of debris, or that sequence with the missile are true sakuga material. Gotta love how they play with the camera movement to make certain sequences even more dynamic.
Old 2007-05-17, 03:06   Link #45
X_Danny_X

wasnt Kamina saying farewell in the next episode when they were giving the preview of it?

seems he was giving simon again a speech, or it could be simon remembering Kamina after he was suddenly killed in the episode.

hopefully Kamina wont die, Yoko still hasnt confessed and i think their relationship needs more buildup before he kicks the bucket.

RIP Kamina if it happens
Old 2007-05-17, 20:42   Link #46
ZODDGUTS

Didn't a few episodes back after a battle Kamina said that Simon attitude will save him one day or something like that, I sorta felt that was some sort of forshadowing. Maybe in the next episode where it looks like his going to die Simon saves him.
Old 2007-05-17, 22:56   Link #47
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
- Wonderful animation this go-round. I noticed a lack of shading at certain points, but that may have just been style choice for this episode.

- Y'know, seeing the slapstick sequences in battles just when they're getting serious kind of ruins the mood for me, but they managed to pick it back up so far.

- I really didn't see any of these events coming. Kudos to Gainax for surprising me!

- No, no, no. We all knew it had to come, but it can't come so soon...
Spoiler for Spoilers from episode 7 and the preview for episode 8:
Old 2007-05-17, 23:13   Link #48
tacobueno

10 / 10

Awesome marks in every category. If this keeps up I might fall victim to spontaneous combustion due to excessive manliness emanating from this show before reaching the halfway point in the season.
Old 2007-05-18, 10:26   Link #49
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Everyone here seems to be unhappy that because of possible Kamina's death (dissapearance) the Yoko will be sad.

But who knows maybe we will be seing more Yoko/Simon then? After all they are oth 14 year olds, right? Maybe taht will be the point where simon really starts to grow?

Personally I hate Yoko/Kamin pairing (at always makes me wanna puke) yet I am not particuallry fond of Yoko/Simon (its just less annoying I guess). I sure hope to see Simon grow and dont wnat to see Kamina anymore, really.
Old 2007-05-18, 10:51   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you think Yoko is 14, I want to see the schools you hang around
Most of the posters here assume a couple of years difference between Simon and the other two -- there's some dispute over whether Yoko & Kamina are in their late teens or early 20s though, no matter what Gainax claims on their webpage (I'd call them delusionary myself ).

I just haven't seen any plot evidence that Yoko and Simon will be more than big sis and little bro. That could possibly change if Simon pulls a "Keitaro" and grows into what we see in the first episode's "flash forward" sequence... but we see no evidence of Yoko either in that flash forward (the VA stalkers say the female's voice in that sequence isn't the VA who plays Yoko).
Old 2007-05-18, 11:05   Link #51
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Most of the posters here assume a couple of years difference between Simon and the other two -- there's some dispute over whether Yoko & Kamina are in their late teens or early 20s though, no matter what Gainax claims on their webpage (I'd call them delusionary myself ).

I just haven't seen any plot evidence that Yoko and Simon will be more than big sis and little bro. That could possibly change if Simon pulls a "Keitaro" and grows into what we see in the first episode's "flash forward" sequence... but we see no evidence of Yoko either in that flash forward (the VA stalkers say the female's voice in that sequence isn't the VA who plays Yoko).
That VA stalker happen to be me lol. Anyhow:
Woman operator voice in ep1 is by
Takashi mito (三戸 貴史),
she done some voice for background character before, but no major roles.

Yoko's voice is by
Marina Inoue (井上 麻里奈).
She also voiced Wataru Tachibana (Combat butler Hayate), Erio Mondial (Nanoha) and many other major anime characters.
Old 2007-05-18, 11:08   Link #52
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Oh so both Yoko and Kamina are missing from the 1st episode segment. That means Kamina's survival index is rising.
Old 2007-05-18, 11:15   Link #53
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

for 1/2 GB i hope this episode is visually stunning
Old 2007-05-18, 11:21   Link #54
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
for 1/2 GB i hope this episode is visually stunning
The episode is visually stunning but would be without the 500MB file size anyway. It just is un-encoded and in .avi rather than the superior H264.
Old 2007-05-18, 11:28   Link #55
Lost

Quote:
Evolution, evolution. It's a great future...
Old 2007-05-18, 12:09   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Evolution, evolution. It's a great future...
Must be the milk from those swamp cows....
Old 2007-05-18, 22:01   Link #57
Arclaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Quote:
But we see no evidence of Yoko either in that flash forward (the VA stalkers say the female's voice in that sequence isn't the VA who plays Yoko).
Woman operator voice in ep1 is by
Takashi mito (三戸 貴史),
she done some voice for background character before, but no major roles.
Unfortunately, odds are is that it's still Yoko's voice over the intercom.

The 'operator' probably refers to older Simon or the beastman. Because Takashi Mito is actually... male.
Old 2007-05-18, 23:02   Link #58
outlaw97

I think this episode perfectly illustrates why Gurren Lagann is getting far more viewers than one would expect. Not just the superficial stuff, like superb animation, direction, hot-bloodedness, etc. No, the key point was how it balances all this manly hot-bloodedness with a dose of common sense. I'm talking the scene with Yoko and Kamina at the end.

They honestly could've kept the show with Kamina and Simon winning with guts each time, and most people would just write it off as a well done super-robot show, with childlike themes and such.

Instead, they bring us unbelieveable action, and right at the end, put on the brakes and emphasize that guts and recklessness only take you so far. Quite sobering actually, and how appropriate for Yoko to deliver it.

(At least, I THINK that's what they're trying to do, for all I know Kamina WILL keep on survivng on guts )

On that note, I'm torn on the question of Kamina's demise - if it happens, the show automatically loses 37.5% of its appeal. On the other hand, I have this morbid curiosity to see if Gainax can carry the show without Kamina. If they can keep the "burning spirit" of the show even with killing off a guy like him, then they TRULY are geniuses.
Old 2007-05-18, 23:04   Link #59
quina

Deleted: I double posted
Old 2007-05-18, 23:12   Link #60
quina

http://www.asphodelshaven.com/audiow...B2%B4%E5%8F%B2
oh wow Mito is really a male. Never guess that looking at his face -_-; So yes, it CAN be Yoko in the Intercom, don't have prove otherwise rightnow.

The "other" operator is by Takashi Kondo (近藤 隆). He has done Yonezawa from Himawari! and Train from Blackcat[/QUOTE]