AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 57 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 35.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 19.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-14, 14:42   Link #101
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaziek View Post
how do you guys see the new eps so fast?! I can find raws but no subbed versions yet.. Unless all of you speak flawless japanese...
And there are also people who are Japanese who lives in Japan so they watch it as it airs...
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 14:58   Link #102
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
And there are also people who are Japanese who lives in Japan so they watch it as it airs...
why would they post on an english board?.. unless their first language was english i suppose..
jaziek is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:03   Link #103
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
For the same reason I might post on a Japanese board in Japanese??? Some japanese like to post on boards to practice their english and get an overseas point of view about a series (most japanese I know are intrigued that any Americans give a flip about their pop culture).   For those that like previews and spoilers, it can be useful info Besides, we've got people from all over the planet posting here, many of whom don't use English as their first language
Vexx is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:04   Link #104
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaziek View Post
why would they post on an english board?.. unless their first language was english i suppose..
Because...they can, and English is cool too. They write perfectly, so who cares?
Claies is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:04   Link #105
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: bleeghhh
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I'd like to point out that this topic is on Lucky*Star episode 6, not Kaioshin_Sama. I don't usually even care when everyone goes off topic, but even as famous as Kaioshin_Sama is, it's bothersome to everyone else who's trying to enjoy the show and talk about it when people stop the conversation to complain about him. I'm positive I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
And there are also people who are Japanese who lives in Japan so they watch it as it airs...
I am anticipating this very, very much. I absolutely can't wait to watch it on the TV, when it first airs.

My issue with downloading every single release has been memory; bandwidth is not a problem for me... I've already deleted 6GB worth of anime on my hd to make room for L*S... ;_;


Edit: ...three four replies in the time it took me to write this. Curse my need to re-read and re-read again before posting. T_T
__________________
Risaa is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:10   Link #106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Argh... I'm still waiting for volume 4 because I combined it with an order for a few books that haven't released yet. And total agreement with the first paragraph.
Vexx is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:15   Link #107
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I'd like to point out that this topic is on Lucky*Star episode 6, not Kaioshin_Sama. I don't usually even care when everyone goes off topic, but even as famous as Kaioshin_Sama is, it's bothersome to everyone else who's trying to enjoy the show and talk about it when people stop the conversation to complain about him. I'm positive I'm not the only one who feels this way.
You have my vote.

Anybody want to bet how soon a.f.k. will get this one out? They've gone over a wide range lately (from Tuesday all the way to Saturday).

Edit for below: Oh yeah, Risaa. You'll never get me. XD
Claies is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:15   Link #108
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: bleeghhh
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Argh... I'm still waiting for volume 4 because I combined it with an order for a few books that haven't released yet. And total agreement with the first paragraph.
Are there any Japanese bookstores in your area (like Kinokuniya)? I went to Kinokuniya last month and asked for L*S - they just looked at me funny and said they didn't have it. Then I went two days ago and suddenly there's L*S 4 sitting on the shelf (I bought two copies, heheh). So even if your local Japanese bookstore doesn't have it one week, I recommend trying again in a couple weeks...

Edit: Claies! You beat me again!
__________________
Risaa is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:32   Link #109
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Are there any Japanese bookstores in your area (like Kinokuniya)? I went to Kinokuniya last month and asked for L*S - they just looked at me funny and said they didn't have it. Then I went two days ago and suddenly there's L*S 4 sitting on the shelf (I bought two copies, heheh). So even if your local Japanese bookstore doesn't have it one week, I recommend trying again in a couple weeks...

Edit: Claies! You beat me again!
I indeed have a Kinokuniya in my area, but until recently they weren't very good about keeping the latest stuff in stock. I usually just order straight from Japan (a pile at a time to keep shipping reasonable). I suppose I should give Kinokuniya more support
Vexx is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:41   Link #110
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I indeed have a Kinokuniya in my area, but until recently they weren't very good about keeping the latest stuff in stock. I usually just order straight from Japan (a pile at a time to keep shipping reasonable). I suppose I should give Kinokuniya more support
How's the shipping cost straight from Japan?

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-05-14 at 16:05. Reason: Off Topic part deleted
Claies is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:50   Link #111
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
semi-offtopic til the episode releases: If I order one manga from Japan (to the US West Coast) from amazon.co.jp - typically it doubles the overall cost of the book (e.g. 990yen -> ~1800yen). If I order several books, it isn't so bad (I often order double copies and donate the extra to my son's japanese teacher's library) ---- but amazon.co.jp charges more for shipping than any other exporter and they've recently dropped all cheaper methods of shipping outside of trackable shipping. I'd rather pay for trackable shipping (EMS) on limited edition items like figures but for manga that's rather a burn.

On the other hand, a trip to Kinokuniya runs about 30 miles round trip (about 1.5 gallons of gas at $3.50/gal) plus time spent and their markup so it kind of washes out.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-05-14 at 16:06. Reason: Off Topic part deleted
Vexx is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:54   Link #112
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Am I the only one thik Miyuki‘s mom is a cute, clumsy, innocent, but extremely dangerous creature? I like her conversation and interaction with Miyuki such as the scene in this ep
Spoiler:
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:56   Link #113
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: bleeghhh
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Risaa
As you might expect, amazon.co.jp has everything, but their shipping prices are the reason why I'll never buy manga there. There are a bunch of alternative sites to buy from with cheaper shipping, but they don't carry as much as amazon.co.jp.

If you're looking for goods related to an anime series, I highly recommend hlj.com... They ship by SAL or EMS, and their prices are pretty low. Unfortunately, you have to be quick because they're rather popular and run low on stock quickly for popular items.

So I'm not completely off-topic, I'd like to mention that episode 6 has made me realize that Tsukasa is the imouto everyone's always wanted.
__________________

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-05-14 at 15:58. Reason: Ha, I beat you this time, Claies :P
Risaa is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 15:57   Link #114
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Am I the only one thik Miyuki‘s mom is a cute, clumsy, innocent, but extremely dangerous creature? I like her conversation and interaction with Miyuki such as the scene in this ep
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hontou ni sou omou anime blog
Miyuki’s mom joins the list of Nice Women Who Are Actually Evil - calling on her daughter’s behalf to make an appointment with the dreaded dentist? Can’t wait for Yukari to start terrorising Minami with her fan-girling.
Exactly. I still don't like ditzy characters, so what do I care...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa
If you're looking for goods related to an anime series, I highly recommend hlj.com... They ship by SAL or EMS, and their prices are pretty low. Unfortunately, you have to be quick because they're rather popular and run low on stock quickly for popular items.
Ehh...not a big paraphernalia person.
Claies is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 16:01   Link #115
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Am I the only one thik Miyuki‘s mom is a cute, clumsy, innocent, but extremely dangerous creature? I like her conversation and interaction with Miyuki such as the scene in this ep
If she keeps showing up on future episodes, She'll probably end up being more popular than Miyuki herself.

Maybe she already is..
__________________
Daniel E. is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 16:26   Link #116
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaziek View Post
how do you guys see the new eps so fast?! I can find raws but no subbed versions yet.. Unless all of you speak flawless japanese...
"Flawless" isn't the right word, at least in my case. "Enough to enjoy the episode" may be a better way of putting it. And I can read the Chinese subs, which start to come out within 24 hours of the broadcast.

I, too, very occasionally post in Japanese on 2channel, only in much worse Japanese than the Japanese who post in English here.

By the way, with all the talk about KyoAni having no panty-flashes, has anyone mentioned the mass panty-flash in the OP? Also in the OP, I only just noticed that Tsukasa, Konata, and Kagami all wink at the same time at one point.
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-05-14 at 16:57.
Kaoru Chujo is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 16:34   Link #117
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I'd like to point out that this topic is on Lucky*Star episode 6, not Kaioshin_Sama. I don't usually even care when everyone goes off topic, but even as famous as Kaioshin_Sama is, it's bothersome to everyone else who's trying to enjoy the show and talk about it when people stop the conversation to complain about him.
This pretty much sums up what I was going to say, and other than "bothersome" I'd like to add "extremely disrepectful"

People here are trying to enjoying the discussion of Lucky Star, and this thread serves the purpose of discussing Lucky Star episode 6. Going a bit off topic for fun is fine, but I don't see the need to keep filling this place with off topic comments about Kaioshin_sama, and to turn them into personal attacks whenever a chance happens. If you have personal issues with another member, then bring them on PM, because here they are not appreciated at all. Doing that, remember that as first thing you're lacking of respect towards your fellow members.

I've deleted the latest off topic posts on that matter and I would like to bring the focus back on the original discussion solely. New off topic posts of that kind will be much less tolerated from now on.
__________________
Pellissier is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 16:35   Link #118
ricerocket
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
speaking of the OP, the full song is out... at least on the internet

and the second half of the lyrics, how do i describe it... well, as kona said, it's 愛だよ xD

Last edited by ricerocket; 2007-05-14 at 17:10.
ricerocket is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 16:54   Link #119
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
By the way, with all the talk about KyoAni having no panty-flashes, has anyone mentioned the mass panty-flash in the OP? Also in the OP, I only just noticed that Tsukasa, Konata, and Kagami all wink at the same time at one point.
I think many people here differentiate between "panty flash" and "bloomers".

I think I'm going to miss the MMORPG references in this episode...at least there's still that Initial D sequence.
Mirrinus is offline  
Old 2007-05-14, 16:59   Link #120
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base partying with the Sendai sisters
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
at least there's still that Initial D sequence.
More than the Initial D sequence, I've actually liked:

Spoiler:


It managed to make me smile at a situation that is usually very frustrating in real life.
Sheba is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.