AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 12 17.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-14, 02:25   Link #201
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Now imagine this with Wing Road: Subaru gets attacked by a generic beam of energy, blocks it, and gets knocked off Wing Road. Now, if Wing Road is summonable in thin air, that's fine. But if she needs an anchor point on solid ground, that may complicate matters. Imagine if the battle is over a large expanse of ocean, like Nanoha's and Fate's climactic battle in the first season, or the final Pin The Starlight Breaker On The Tentacle Monster battle in A's.
Had to look back at ep 5 to check, but it appears that WR is generated from MC, and the skates are attached to the road. I suspect that the entire spell is simply a variation of the protection spell, it creates a thin yet solid barrier for her to traverse [extending forward]. That would also mean her wallwaking spell is also on at the same time in order to stay on the road.

As for her ability to climb, projecting the field radiating upwards should do the trick even if there isn't an anchor behind her.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 04:05   Link #202
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Mach Calibre turns into rocket boots! Or something.

Speaking of battles over lack of solid ground, I need to rewatch the first season, but I have to wonder: with all the anti-magic the Gadgets are throwing around, wasn't the first (and until StrikerS, last) mention of zones where magic doesn't work in the Nanoha-verse in the first season, during the last battle in the Garden of Time?

Yeah that's right! And if Spagetti can build AMF's he probably knows how to counter it himself, and if those "mana voids" are naturally occuring AMFs, that would also mean he could dive into whatever deep end of the void pool is Precia and Alicia at and retrieve their bodies, and even the JS that went down with them. While I'm sure the original JS might have gone into more durable drones/Relic weapons we have yet to see, that might also explain how he mass produces them for his drones.

Yes its quite a stretch... What do u guys think?

EDIT: It is kinda telling that the most anticipated episode yet... is met with such stillness from all sides. This is the ultimate stalemate I've ever encountered. At least there is a moment of galactic peace.
Old 2007-05-14, 04:46   Link #203
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Had to look back at ep 5 to check, but it appears that WR is generated from MC, and the skates are attached to the road. I suspect that the entire spell is simply a variation of the protection spell, it creates a thin yet solid barrier for her to traverse [extending forward]. That would also mean her wallwaking spell is also on at the same time in order to stay on the road.
Considering Subaru was using Wing Road in episode one, I'd say that Mach Calibre is not the source of that particular spell.

However, it is possible that Mach Calibre refined the spell, perhaps using its own methods to approximate Subaru's original Wing Road. After all, Subaru also cooked up her own Divine Buster. So it is entirely plausible that the Wing Road seen in episode 5 is an upgraded, or perhaps simply different version of the one seen in episode 1.

Random: In episode 4, Nanoha is distracted (in the "hit me if you can" training exercise) by an illusion of Subaru bearing down on her on a Wing Road. Now, this could mean that Subaru can control all the twists and turns of the Wing Road without actually being near the edge of it, or Teana has gotten really good at illusions, enough to recreate a Wing Road illusion.

I'm not sure if the grip by Mach Calibre is enough to contend with the knockback from plenty of spells, but then it's also very plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Yeah that's right! And if Spagetti can build AMF's he probably knows how to counter it himself, and if those "mana voids" are naturally occuring AMFs, that would also mean he could dive into whatever deep end of the void pool is Precia and Alicia at and retrieve their bodies, and even the JS that went down with them. While I'm sure the original JS might have gone into more durable drones/Relic weapons we have yet to see, that might also explain how he mass produces them for his drones.

Yes its quite a stretch... What do u guys think?
Right now, running on four hours of sleep, I'm thinking that maybe one reason Scaglietti needs a summoner with extreme power (boosted by the Relics) is because he wants to summon Alhazred itself.

Even more of a stretch, though.

EDIT: Also, I should add that I think the zones of null magic in the Garden of Time are at least several orders of magnitude harder to crack than the AMFs produced by the drones. I still haven't checked the episode in question yet, but I think Chrono mentions that if they fall into the null magic zone, they won't be able to escape.

Now, this could be because Chrono wasn't confident of them knowing what to do to overcome the anti-magic. But I think it's more probable that even with Nanoha's and Fate's known uber-talent for magic, those null magic areas are just too much for anyone.

I'm not sure whether to bring up Precia's own magical talents, since at the end, it's a tossup about whether she'd bother trying to save herself (and Alicia) from falling endlessly.

I'm guessing that any attempts Scaglietti would have hypothetically made into that null magic zone would have required a more elegant solution than what Riot Force 6 is doing against the drones, which is a simple brute force attack. If he succeeded, though, it'll be interesting to see what he finds fit to retrieve, since we know that in there, there is at least Precia, three Jewel Seeds, and Alicia. I would think that if he tried to extract any one of them without extracting them all, Precia would go ballistic on him, since all of those were fairly important to her.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"

Last edited by dkellis; 2007-05-14 at 05:03.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 04:48   Link #204
Liingo
Love Hina?

Hey guys, been lurking for about a month now, but darco's been telling me to get on the forums so here i am .

Watched the ep a few hours ago and was very surprised at the quality of the raw. My eyes, there fine...

Spoiler for Thoughts on the ep:

Thats all for now.. will post more if i can remember more details...
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 06:18   Link #205
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Hey guys, been lurking for about a month now, but darco's been telling me to get on the forums so here i am .

Watched the ep a few hours ago and was very surprised at the quality of the raw. My eyes, there fine...

Lol, so you finally got on ....

heh, While at it even if its late I'll post my throughts too

Spoiler for Ep7:
Old 2007-05-14, 06:24   Link #206
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Right now, running on four hours of sleep, I'm thinking that maybe one reason Scaglietti needs a summoner with extreme power (boosted by the Relics) is because he wants to summon Alhazred itself.

Even more of a stretch, though.

EDIT: Also, I should add that I think the zones of null magic in the Garden of Time are at least several orders of magnitude harder to crack than the AMFs produced by the drones. I still haven't checked the episode in question yet, but I think Chrono mentions that if they fall into the null magic zone, they won't be able to escape.

Now, this could be because Chrono wasn't confident of them knowing what to do to overcome the anti-magic. But I think it's more probable that even with Nanoha's and Fate's known uber-talent for magic, those null magic areas are just too much for anyone.

I'm not sure whether to bring up Precia's own magical talents, since at the end, it's a tossup about whether she'd bother trying to save herself (and Alicia) from falling endlessly.

I'm guessing that any attempts Scaglietti would have hypothetically made into that null magic zone would have required a more elegant solution than what Riot Force 6 is doing against the drones, which is a simple brute force attack. If he succeeded, though, it'll be interesting to see what he finds fit to retrieve, since we know that in there, there is at least Precia, three Jewel Seeds, and Alicia. I would think that if he tried to extract any one of them without extracting them all, Precia would go ballistic on him, since all of those were fairly important to her.
Summoning entire realms seem a little... uber for a small person with a tiny device.

My guess is that she'd let herself fall indefinitely to reach whatever place she's headed for. I doubt she'll reach Al Hazred or find the Necromnicon (its related to Al Hazred) or whatever she intends to do, but would be falling down a bottomless pit. And that gives Spagetti's drones or himself a chance to reach her.

But I wonder in what state would the Doc find his specimens in. It's been 10 years since they started falling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post

Ah one more person to Geass at the club room. :evilgrin: And yeah my eyes are fine too.

@Darco: As i said, Fate missing Yuuno was unfortunate, but definitely not intentional. Her second reaction to his name proves it. Buuuuut... I sense a disturbance in the maryoku. 4komas, the evil world-coloring influenzers, are going to be all over this...
Old 2007-05-14, 06:27   Link #207
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Summoning entire realms seem a little... uber for a small person with a tiny device.

My guess is that she'd let herself fall indefinitely to reach whatever place she's headed for. I doubt she'll reach Al Hazred or find the Necromnicon (its related to Al Hazred) or whatever she intends to do, but would be falling down a bottomless pit. And that gives Spagetti's drones or himself a chance to reach her.

But I wonder in what state would the Doc find his specimens in. It's been 10 years since they started falling...
That would depend on what the actual conditions inside the null magic zone are. For all we know, the null magic zone might be similar to a black hole in that it's "timeless" in relation to the outside. Someone could find Precia 50 years later and her most recent memory would be falling into the zone.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 06:30   Link #208
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That would depend on what the actual conditions inside the null magic zone are. For all we know, the null magic zone might be similar to a black hole in that it's "timeless" in relation to the outside. Someone could find Precia 50 years later and her most recent memory would be falling into the zone.
Provided she survives the process of being elongated by the gravity of the situation... Ano... What was it called...? Spagettilation...

If there's only one person to get to her, it's Dr Spagetti.
Old 2007-05-14, 06:40   Link #209
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

woah i just checked out the VA for Lucetia and its the same VA that does Alph back in the first season and in A's.
maybe thats why they decided to not make alph appear in StrikerS???

looking through this thread, i've spoiled myself already about this episode and it seems we get some Lucetia action in this one...finally the real enemy makes a move!
Spoiler:

other than that, i got spoiled...oh wells...
Old 2007-05-14, 06:43   Link #210
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well...

Chrono hasn't even appeared for a second, but we know damn well how valuable his "assets" are...

TEH KEY!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 06:45   Link #211
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

yea i guess no sign of chrono this time...and maybe not even in the next episode, unless he appears and decides to set Teana straight and get her out of "emo" mode....
Old 2007-05-14, 06:46   Link #212
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Provided she survives the process of being elongated by the gravity of the situation... Ano... What was it called...? Spagettilation...

If there's only one person to get to her, it's Dr Spagetti.
Pasta Scaglietti ala Precia Testarossa? AL DENTE

Anyways, having seen only the early part of the ep, Yuuno's appearance so far has been quite unusual, getting missed by the passage of Fate

And Shamal is quite happy about those three boxes wasn't she (I'm assuming they held the Ace's dresses)? Also loved the expression the front desk clerk gave when the Aces arrived, although I'm wondering if it's really because of Hayate's ID, or because the trio looked damn smexy

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 06:58   Link #213
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Spoiler for Cont from before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
Heh, this is what i think of those zones as well... Or Precia could have made it to ElHazard through the crakes of dimensions. That could be interesting too...
Old 2007-05-14, 07:08   Link #214
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Spoiler for Cont from before:

Heh, this is what i think of those zones as well... Or Precia could have made it to ElHazard through the crakes of dimensions. That could be interesting too...
oh my goodness, i think episode 8 might reveal some past of Nanoha's incident...which would make Vita want to talk to Teana about why she snapped at her and why she should be more careful next time, cool!
Old 2007-05-14, 07:14   Link #215
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
oh my goodness, i think episode 8 might reveal some past of Nanoha's incident...which would make Vita want to talk to Teana about why she snapped at her and why she should be more careful next time, cool!
Hmm, while this could be the case and that's why maybe Vita snaped angryly at Teana, I for some reason doubt this myself, since Vita did say something like "I should have noticed" or something or rather. Still Vita chan is scary....

Nanoha's incident will be welcome, since a whole Tea Ep looks good on paper could get depressing...

EDIT: just sidenote, amazed at the first raw, It is at least watchable
Old 2007-05-14, 07:25   Link #216
Estavali
厨紳士です

Question

I wonder if we're all jumping to the conclusion that Garyu is really a dragon.

It could possibly a kind of shadow being, and not a dragon at all. Having a "-ryu" in the name does not necessarily mean it is one.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 07:26   Link #217
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That's paranoia for you, people are looking for all sorts of reasons to link her to Caro.
Old 2007-05-14, 07:30   Link #218
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I wonder if we're all jumping to the conclusion that Garyu is really a dragon.

It could possibly a kind of shadow being, and not a dragon at all. Having a "-ryu" in the name does not necessarily mean it is one.
It does look like it has wings at one stage (20:08-20:09), It could be a shapeshifter thing too, depends on how you look at the shadow it casts.
Old 2007-05-14, 07:33   Link #219
Estavali
厨紳士です

Haha, indeed. I would imagine that if Lutecia does have a dragon (or another powerful creature worthy of being a dragon's match), it would make a more impressive entrance, instead of creeping around like a thief (even if it's for a useful purpose).

Dragons are, in many mythos, the WMDs. Let's not demean them.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 07:36   Link #220
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Hmm, while this could be the case and that's why maybe Vita snaped angryly at Teana, I for some reason doubt this myself, since Vita did say something like "I should have noticed" or something or rather. Still Vita chan is scary....

Nanoha's incident will be welcome, since a whole Tea Ep looks good on paper could get depressing...

EDIT: just sidenote, amazed at the first raw, It is at least watchable

i guess its out of the question, for now, if they will reveal what happened to Nanoha in the past...
could episode 8 be a real tear jerker for the season??
sounds like Teana took it hard on what Vita had to say to her in this episode...i hope "emo/raged" gets concluded in one episode and doesn't drag into the next one after episode 8...it could be interesting though, to see "emo" Teana make more mistakes and see her comrades get destroyed little by little...although that would make it pretty painful to us, the viewers...