AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 12 17.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-14, 09:22   Link #241
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*imagines Lutecia going genocidal with a knife after Chrono*

*shivers*
Here I was thinking she'd yell at the guy for being a useless sealouse and hammer him with a rapidfire watercanon. At the very least the knife will have blowfish poison coated on

On episode proper, Zafira should be called the Impaler or Zerg Lurker

Just realised that if the loli pair of Caro and Lutetia ever go head to head, it means their respective guardians have to bash one another as well. Don't have quite that much hope for Erio when that happens. The boy is still a lightweight
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 09:27   Link #242
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post

Just realised that if the loli pair of Caro and Lutetia ever go head to head, it means their respective guardians have to bash one another as well. Don't have quite that much hope for Erio when that happens. The boy is still a lightweight
He may be lightweight in combat, but he's heavyweight where it counts!

*ehem*

"Waga Strada ni... Tateni Mono Nashi!"

Although shame he didn't do much in this episode... would've liked to see more of his Zankantou Ichimonji Giri from episode 5

On Perspective: "Depending on who you talk to, twintails are either ponytails multiplied by two, or divided by two.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 09:51   Link #243
Thisguy
Negikamo

*panting* 130... freakin... responses!!
Then most of points were already pretty much covered up by many people...
Wow, I have nothing to do this time

Let's just say, Teana goes L5 and Yuuno failed.
Oh, and QUALITY.

Well, some points I've noticed that weren't covered yet;
Spoiler for Ep7:
Now, the next episode would be all about Subaru's cheering up Rena... I mean, Teana.

Edit:
Removed... thread top clearly says that I shouldn't have done that, sorry.

Last edited by Thisguy; 2007-05-14 at 09:58. Reason: oops
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 09:57   Link #244
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

*read spoilers, couldn't resist*

Now THAT's a spoiler...

... This does not bode well for Teana...

Looks like she'll be StrikerS main emo character afterall...

On Perspective: "Depending on who you talk to, twintails are either ponytails multiplied by two, or divided by two.
Old 2007-05-14, 10:02   Link #245
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Heh, this is not good news for someone wanting a quick end to this problem. Lets see how will the writers play this card...

I wonder if there are any lost logias which function like as lamp and with a little side function of destroy cities
Old 2007-05-14, 10:06   Link #246
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Screw knives, male impotency perfumes are the way to go!
Bugs go places

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Will this turn out like Higurashi with killer Lolis running around? shivers...
With Nanoha and Teana? I'm afraid the killer lolis are already here...

Quote:
He may be lightweight in combat, but he's heavyweight where it counts!

*ehem*

"Waga Strada ni... Tateni Mono Nashi!"

Although shame he didn't do much in this episode... would've liked to see more of his Zankantou Ichimonji Giri from episode 5
Even though they say he has the special ability to Convert magic into electricity, we haven't seen anything like what the Op promised us

Quote:
*read spoilers, couldn't resist*

Now THAT's a spoiler...

Looks like she'll be StrikerS main emo character afterall...

Are you kidding? She was Rena... RENA!!

Boy is she going to be F**king scary when she's emo

Quote:

I wonder if there are any lost logias which function like as lamp and with a little side function of destroy cities
It's reminding me WAYYYY too much like the "Lost Technology" from Galaxy Angels...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 10:08   Link #247
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
*panting* Well, some points I've noticed that weren't covered yet;[spoiler="Ep7"]- Apparently some LL are legally tradable under TSAB's permission.
Until now I thought all the LLs are dangerous in one way or another, but obviously this is not the case; otherwise why TSAB would give permission?
Maybe some LL are simple beautiful artifact without any hidden function, or something.
Of course, smugglers may take the oppotunity and use this kind of auction to trade illigal LLs too, according to Fate.
Hmmm.... on this point, by most basic definition Lost Logia are simply magical or technological artifacts from an ancient civilization. By this definition, because it's listed as Lost Logia doesn't mean it has to be inherently dangerous. For example, if today's technology were considered Lost Logia, then we have nuclear, biological and chemical weapons of mass destruction which can be considered Jewel Seeds or such, but on the other extreme we'd have electric razors, pocket calculators and blenders which would be classified under the same definition, but inherently harmless (although you can hurt someone with an electric razor if you try hard enough ).

@Chaos2Frozen:

A Galaxy Angels/Nanoha crossover sounds sooo plausible at this point...

*takes pepper shaker and puts some into meal...*

Old 2007-05-14, 10:13   Link #248
Ottocycle

Quote:
Here I was thinking she'd yell at the guy for being a useless sealouse and hammer him with a rapidfire watercanon. At the very least the knife will have blowfish poison coated on

On episode proper, Zafira should be called the Impaler or Zerg Lurker
Or worse, poison coated GIANT SHEARS.

Lol true about the lurker...Very very similar..

That aside, just finished the episode. Thoughts:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy
Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply:

Last edited by Ottocycle; 2007-05-14 at 10:45.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 10:17   Link #249
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Hmmm.... on this point, by most basic definition Lost Logia are simply magical or technological artifacts from an ancient civilization. By this definition, because it's listed as Lost Logia doesn't mean it has to be inherently dangerous. For example, if today's technology were considered Lost Logia, then we have nuclear, biological and chemical weapons of mass destruction which can be considered Jewel Seeds or such, but on the other extreme we'd have electric razors, pocket calculators and blenders which would be classified under the same definition, but inherently harmless (although you can hurt someone with an electric razor if you try hard enough ).
That could lead to so many potential comical situations ...

... Which I can't think of any at the moment

Quote:
@Chaos2Frozen:

A Galaxy Angels/Nanoha crossover sounds sooo plausible at this point...

*takes pepper shaker and puts some into meal...*
The similarities started ever since they get 5-6 overpowered, attractive girls with the habit of blowing stuff up, under the command of one lone male ...

The similarities end when that said lone male haven't gain his pimping License...
Old 2007-05-14, 10:20   Link #250
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Hmm, I just remembered something,

Did I misheard something or did Zest was been called a knight.... That would imply that he is a Belka user right....

sigh... I can't remember if Megami covered this....
Old 2007-05-14, 10:25   Link #251
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

The similarities started ever since they get 5-6 overpowered, attractive girls with the habit of blowing stuff up, under the command of one lone male ...

The similarities end when that said lone male haven't gain his pimping License...
Said male could always give his command of the girls to the OTHER lone male, who has been using his license quite liberally...

Old 2007-05-14, 10:29   Link #252
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Said male could always give his command of the girls to the OTHER lone male, who has been using his license quite liberally...
Ah, but you're forgetting that the said younger male would be getting his OWN group of girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Or worse, poison coated GIANT SHEARS.
It's not so much on where you coat it, but WHAT you coat it with...
Old 2007-05-14, 10:30   Link #253
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

Did I misheard something or did Zest was been called a knight.... That would imply that he is a Belka user right....

Yes, he was refered to as "Kishi" Zest by Dr, as in Knight.

As to whether or not it refers to Belka-ism, who knows. At least he isn't called a Guardian Beast, despite obvious gauntlet similarity to Zafira.

And hmm...I missed the LL interpretation. That means that generally, the Scrya or any other digger clan don't usually dig out dangerous stuff, but can occasionally get a hold of...potent weapons like Jewel Seed...Does that mean Raising Heart may very well be a LL, if it's from an ancient civilization?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 10:30   Link #254
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Lol and here i thought am not gonna miss much post while sleeping without ship wars going on....Oh well at least it is only 3 pages
Quote:

Yep Spagetthi did address him as a knight when they were talking....

Edit: dang it nightengale was faster by split sec

Quote:

Counting the girls behaviours and crap male lead i would say Sakura Taisen is closer

Last edited by raidou; 2007-05-14 at 10:47.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 10:31   Link #255
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
That could lead to so many potential comical situations ...

... Which I can't think of at the moment
[During Auction]

Spoiler for innuendo
Spoiler:

Hayate
Fate
Nanoha

Back to the episode, I wonder why the gundam girls didn't get called out to help when the blockade by the team wasn't working anymore. [maybe they were bidding for the above item ] Then again, I'm more suprised that there wasn't panic or some curious onlookers considering how much hell was being raise outside the hotel.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 10:31   Link #256
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Well, maybe it's still fortunate for a character to have a episode that focus on him/her, rather than being Yuuno or even worse, Chrono.
Or maybe not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23
Was Tiana's overconfidence based on the fact that she was in the same team as various other geniuses/people with unique abilities?
I think it's more like she's losing confidence, being only one "ordinary" person in the RF6 (as she says in her monologue).
So she was being desperate, trying to prove her... prove that "average" person can do something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp
You did, Spagetti indeed called him Knight Zest.
Now, if it's Ancient Velka or Modern Velka... that's the question.
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 10:39   Link #257
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
[During Auction]

Back to the episode, I wonder why the gundam girls didn't get called out to help when the blockade by the team wasn't working anymore. [maybe they were bidding for the above item ] Then again, I'm more suprised that there wasn't panic or some curious onlookers considering how much hell was being raise outside the hotel.
I bet it was covered by Shamal spell, remember that she always cast this area protection magic that hide the area from the outside and help her detect w/e going on inside.The auction's audience probably prevented from hearing any noise from outside.

As for the aces i guess they act as the last layer of defense and undercover unless the situation outside require em.It is like how they divide the newbies and knights for defensive/offensive.That's why Teana could be said breaking the formation by going offensive when she supposed to wait for the knight to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Forgive me for being dense, but this comparison does not make any sense to me. Where are the similarities? And does using her human form mean that she cannot be a WMD in her real form?

Thus said, unless there is solid proof that

1) Garyu is a pre-evolved stage of a real dragon;
2) it is in a sealed mode (think Freidriche);
3) any other thoughts that would link it to a real dragon;

I stand my ground. That we are jumping to conclusions about its supposed identity.
It is not like any of us actually said for sure that Garyuu is a dragon , they are all just speculation.True that most of the time dragon are depicted as WMD but there is some exception too.Garyuu could be something like those dragon in Narutaru where they have some kind of humanoid form and evolved dragon form.In my post earlier, i thought it might be some kind of bug dragon mix ^.^ since Lutecia's abilities seems to be twisted.

Even if it turn out to be a dragon,i don't see anything wrong with it doing stealthy movement.Lutecia's mission was just to retrieve the relic, she will not cause unnecessary situation/battles which doesn't benefit her.It is not like she is battle crazed type looking at her behavior.

Last edited by raidou; 2007-05-14 at 12:15.
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 10:41   Link #258
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

And hmm...I missed the LL interpretation. That means that generally, the Scrya or any other digger clan don't usually dig out dangerous stuff, but can occasionally get a hold of...potent weapons like Jewel Seed...Does that mean Raising Heart may very well be a LL, if it's from an ancient civilization?
You would think they'll have ID it as one by now... .

But then again, just because you're digging for bones, doesn't mean that you won't find pottery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post

Counting the girls behaviours and crap male lead i would say Sakura Taisen is closer
Ah, but base on (bad) memory, the Male lead in GA have better comedy potential than the one from Sakura...

But hold on while I check the "Wanted" poster again ...

EDIT:

Ah, here we go... EXTREME OFF-TOPIC btw...

Spoiler for EXTREME off-topiciness, Tact:
Spoiler for EXTREME off-topiciness, Ichiro:

Edit (2) : Brb after 5 hours

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-05-14 at 11:03.
Old 2007-05-14, 16:45   Link #259
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Nice episode indeed.

Here's my thoughts on this episode:

Spoiler for Ep 07 and length:

A lot more action today

Looking forward to the next episode too~

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-05-14 at 17:25.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 17:33   Link #260
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
- I am now a fan of Sanada Asami. Full stop. Her scolding voice sends chills down my recently demilitarised(and therefore undisciplined) spine.
Heck, it's been four years since I was in National Service, and even though I could not really understand all of what Vita was yelling about (without subs), I still reflexively winced and went into That Pose: the blank-faced, at-attention, tragically stoic stance one goes to when being scolded by a superior who's likely to assign you something highly unpleasant as punishment (guard duty on New Year's Day!). And I'm not the one being scolded.

(I did not personally get yelled at a lot during NS, but once was far, far more than enough.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
If you're talking about the one that killed Alicia, the novel is your friend.

That again, if it's Project Fate, the novel helps as well.

Conclusion: If you can, get the novel (and Sound Stages) too.
I'm probably going to be modded for this, but I have to ask: wherefore novel? I keep hearing about it, but I don't know where to get it (in the US, at least).

Of course, with my luck, it'll all be in Japanese and I'll remain just as clueless.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote