AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 12 17.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-26, 18:17   Link #701
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Of which you then have to wonder, what exactly is Chrono's job description?

He's an Admiral, but yet from manga chapter 5, he's personally investigating the Relic incident.

And if you want to talk about desk work, then Hayate by right shouldn't need to train herself all the way to SS rank, if her job doesn't demand her to be combat active.

And Chrono doesn't seem to be the type to stop his training just because of a role change. As an Enforcer he would already need leadership skills, so he has probably been working on both combat and leadership.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 18:25   Link #702
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Of which you then have to wonder, what exactly is Chrono's job description?

He's an Admiral, but yet from manga chapter 5, he's personally investigating the Relic incident.

And if you want to talk about desk work, then Hayate by right shouldn't need to train herself all the way to SS rank, if her job doesn't demand her to be combat active.
I don't think she trained up to SS because she needed it for the job. I think she just trained up to it because she wanted to and because she can. In terms of combat, she has a pretty unique skillset in the TSAB, not to mention her potential is above and beyond most others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And Chrono doesn't seem to be the type to stop his training just because of a role change. As an Enforcer he would already need leadership skills, so he has probably been working on both combat and leadership.
Well, no. Don't think he'll stop training in combat either. I can see, though, him thinking that strategy, tactics, coordination, and leadership is more important than simple combat skills.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 18:38   Link #703
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I don't think she trained up to SS because she needed it for the job. I think she just trained up to it because she wanted to and because she can. In terms of combat, she has a pretty unique skillset in the TSAB, not to mention her potential is above and beyond most others.
I remember being lectured once that it was revealed from the M sound stage that Hayate took the test to be SS rank because she want to be promoted, while Nanoha and Fate didn't because their jobs doesn't require them to be that high.

And since my japanese skills are nearly non-existance, I'm forced to take his word for it...

Which reminds me of wondering why are the leaders the strongest if they aren't going to do any of the fighting?

Quote:
Well, no. Don't think he'll stop training in combat either. I can see, though, him thinking that strategy, tactics, coordination, and leadership is more important than simple combat skills.
All of their jobs require leadership skills, agree some more than others, but that said Nanoha/Fate themselves probably haven't been training purely for combat. So I don't think that they'll be pumping iron so much to sky rocket above Chrono.

Chrono himself had several years of head start, as well as special training...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 18:45   Link #704
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Well, it's just that Nanoha and Fate were both 9, of which Nanoha had no formal training and Fate had little. I think there's simply much more growth potential for them then there is for Chrono. Especially in the 10-year span.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 18:47   Link #705
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Well, it's just that Nanoha and Fate were both 9, of which Nanoha had no formal training and Fate had little. I think there's simply much more growth potential for them then there is for Chrono. Especially in the 10-year span.
Yeah, that I can't argue with.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 19:02   Link #706
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah, that I can't argue with.
…I thought we were supposed to be arguing…

Well, I guess we need a new subject now. We've kinda worn out the current one. What were you guys talking about before I jumped in again?
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 19:12   Link #707
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
…I thought we were supposed to be arguing…
Well, if you really want me to say something, it would be the same, "I agree that there's a possibility that they would surpass him, but I don't believe it would be of noticable proportion."

Quote:
Well, I guess we need a new subject now. We've kinda worn out the current one. What were you guys talking about before I jumped in again?
That would be me again.

I was stating that maybe Vita had thought that Teana had purposely aimmed her shot at Subaru, judging from her choice of words.

And yes, I do know that it was in the heat of the moment, but for her to even seriously thought it was possible...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 19:44   Link #708
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well it's hard not to see Vita's perspective. A shot's coming right at Subaru that would've hit her if Vita hadn't blocked it. It's not like Vita knows Teana all that well, so who is she to guess whether its something Teana would do. Obviously its a bit far to think Teana would intentionally shoot at an ally. Anger management though isn't exactly one of Vita's strengths.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 05:04   Link #709
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Really do wonder what Lutecia is after. Clearly those relics have something to do with things since Zest talked about them not sticking their noses into each others business in anything else. It's really impossible to guess based on seeing her once so hopefully we'll see more and find out.

What people wouldn't pay to get an inside look at that training session . But really a couple great scenarios. People always assume the worst of what Chrono is up to. The lack of trust from his friends and colleagues is truly saddening.

We really are lacking a lot of strong enemies right now. There isn't enough for the normal cast much less Chrono who deserves a good opponent of his own. Zest we can assume is strong, since he's big and accompanying a powerful loli. It's only obvious logic there. But really unless the test tube ladies are all coming out with some good power and devices have to wonder how they will handle things. Using drones as cannon fodder can only go so far.

i guess you would call Lutecia a strong enemy of the TSAB...for now that is, until she tells her past to RF6 and then gets "befriended" and becomes a part of RF6.
But yea, StrikerS is seriously lacking some good enemies for the main characters right now...we only got an emotional turnabouts in this episode.
maybe a little further down the road, we'll get surprised on stronger enemies other than those stupid relic hunting drones...
maybe one of the clients of dr.scaglietti could prove to be a strong enemy itself!
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 05:39   Link #710
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under a cardboard box
Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
i guess you would call Lutecia a strong enemy of the TSAB...for now that is, until she tells her past to RF6 and then gets "befriended" and becomes a part of RF6.
But yea, StrikerS is seriously lacking some good enemies for the main characters right now...we only got an emotional turnabouts in this episode.
maybe a little further down the road, we'll get surprised on stronger enemies other than those stupid relic hunting drones...
maybe one of the clients of dr.scaglietti could prove to be a strong enemy itself!
While it could be possible I don't think this path is likely, since the ones behind scenes does give me the impression of having money or power. Since I doubt some no name could hire someones like Scaglietti, from my experiance in anime, any one who got money or power is unlikely rather weak. If the client is related to TSAB the I think he/she can set some top level enforcers on our Ace's path...
__________________
Thanks to Hoshi_Kawa for this avater
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 05:59   Link #711
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
While it could be possible I don't think this path is likely, since the ones behind scenes does give me the impression of having money or power. Since I doubt some no name could hire someones like Scaglietti, from my experiance in anime, any one who got money or power is unlikely rather weak. If the client is related to TSAB the I think he/she can set some top level enforcers on our Ace's path...
I have that feeling about one of Scaglietti's clients being TSAB related in some way...and if this is true in future episodes, then the Aces could have their hands full by the time the real boss fight begins...anyways, I'm always wondering if RF6 had any rivalry in the TSAB...meaning that if any of the other divisions in the TSAB, did any of them consider RF6 their rival and wish to beat them one day.
considering that Rein did mention in episode 4 that some of the other divisions in the TSAB cheat around the limiter devices...
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 06:09   Link #712
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i still think that Scaglietti is being a pawn in this game and there is a bigger picture behind the scenes...i would like someone powerful to be pulling the strings on his puppet and setting up scene ~ heres hope that nanoha and co finally have a challange :3 (cause tbh no drone can beat them however many there are *sigh*) ~ Lutecia is someone strong...but i just wish for her to rumble with caro one on one...lets see whos the better loli
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 06:15   Link #713
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
~
considering that Rein did mention in episode 4 that some of the other divisions in the TSAB cheat around the limiter devices...
Riot Force 6 IS the Division that's cheating the system by using the Limiters. R-Zwei said it as much.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 06:15   Link #714
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
maybe a summoning battle between Caro and Lutecia?...in this episode, Caro finding out that some other mage has a better summoning power than her, made her have that face of determination to find that person out and issue a challenge.

other than that, I too find Dr.Scaglietti being a puppet in this game of "find all the relics"...he really looks too weak to pull off anything powerful, other than making Fate and Elio join him again to revive the Project F project...but hey, maybe one of his clients is crazy enough to encourage Dr.Scaglietti to capture the two and revive the project so that the client can buy off what ever Scaglietti has to offer for Project F...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Riot Force 6 IS the Division that's cheating the system by using the Limiters. R-Zwei said it as much.

Cheers.
eh??!!
is this for reals??...maybe i read the sub wrong then
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 08:39   Link #715
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
How many divisions do you think the TSAB have with 8 overpowered mages and Knights ?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 22:44   Link #716
Chi-no
Light & Dark User
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the world
Lutecia looks powerful... She can summon insect to control other mech in the anime. Maybe she can control other things too with her ability....


Even get to see the old knights in action too ...
__________________
"I stand in between the Light and Darkness "
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 14:27   Link #717
gouf 1/2
~ Get set!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
I gave it 9/10 for this episode

poor Teana. I remember was those situations in my life many times (to show what i can do).

Dont worry Tea, you have my sympathy and recognition!
awww, dont worry teana, everything will turn out fine. you just go too... impulsive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Lol! Rika = Nanoha, Rena = Teana (Well same VAs)

Anyways, the episode is good. Teana has my support!
>.<, must u always make reference to Higurashi? Anyways, that episode gave me a flashback of Yuna from FFX-2. Anyways, overall its a pretty good episode. I like the combat
__________________


"Shion, will adding pain complete me?"
gouf 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 23:34   Link #718
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouf 1/2 View Post

>.<, must u always make reference to Higurashi? Anyways, that episode gave me a flashback of Yuna from FFX-2. Anyways, overall its a pretty good episode. I like the combat
Don't worry,

There's also reference to SHnY, Kanon... There's something from the 'Mai' series... A crap load of SRW... A good number of ***dams...

And numberous other popular games
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 17:16   Link #719
gouf 1/2
~ Get set!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't worry,

There's also reference to SHnY, Kanon... There's something from the 'Mai' series... A crap load of SRW... A good number of ***dams...

And numberous other popular games
haha, i cant believe i missed those xD
I believed that Tea is closest to Yuna from FFX2 ~ especially when she used trigger happy that almost hit Subaru
__________________


"Shion, will adding pain complete me?"
gouf 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 17:23   Link #720
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouf 1/2 View Post
haha, i cant believe i missed those xD
I believed that Tea is closest to Yuna from FFX2 ~ especially when she used trigger happy that almost hit Subaru
Yuna? As in miss dazling look-at-me-I'm-a-blond Yuna?

*shudders* That's even worse then the Kaiba comparison.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.