AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 12 17.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-30, 00:47   Link #721
Crontica

ARGG! how do i post the image of a video on the forums ? i want to display a video but i dont know how
Old 2007-05-30, 08:32   Link #722
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

The image thread or the music have become the defacto video places.
Old 2007-05-30, 14:10   Link #723
Crontica

thank you very much
Old 2007-05-30, 18:14   Link #724
gouf 1/2
~ Get set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yuna? As in miss dazling look-at-me-I'm-a-blond Yuna?

*shudders* That's even worse then the Kaiba comparison.
hmmm? which Yuna are u talking about. I was referring to the one from Final Fantasy. She also had dual guns
gouf 1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 04:22   Link #725
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouf 1/2 View Post
hmmm? which Yuna are u talking about. I was referring to the one from Final Fantasy. She also had dual guns
As was I... Ugh, it may be her American VA, but she is one of the most blonde Final Fantasy characters ever created.
Old 2007-06-05, 00:54   Link #726
Bloodseeker

*finishes watching episode*

(yeah, I'm a few weeks behind on all of the current anime right now... been too busy gaming)

Poor Tia.

*urge to kill Vita... rising*

Stupid ass Vita... people like her should never be put into a position of authority. I've had bosses like that before. You DO NOT treat your subordinates like garbage. Ever.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 01:06   Link #727
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
~
Stupid ass Vita... people like her should never be put into a position of authority. I've had bosses like that before. You DO NOT treat your subordinates like garbage. Ever.
"Welcome to the military."
Old 2007-06-05, 01:12   Link #728
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
"Welcome to the military."
I come from a military family, and while I've never worked there, I have met a lot officers, and the mass majority of them are respectful and professional towards even their lowest subordinates, much more so than in most civilian jobs. Most military officers wouldn't tell their subordinates something like "Get out of here. You two have screwed up enough already."
Old 2007-06-05, 01:27   Link #729
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
I come from a military family, and while I've never worked there, I have met a lot officers, and the mass majority of them are respectful and professional towards even their lowest subordinates, much more so than in most civilian jobs. Most military officers wouldn't tell their subordinates something like "Get out of here. You two have screwed up enough already."
Well, I have actually served in the military.

How a soldier behaves in front of civilians is vastly different from how a soldier behaves in the field. Of course the soldiers and officers won't "behave inappropriately" when in the presence of civilians. You say you are from a military family, well good. Go ask them whether Vita's outburst was uncalled for. Vita did not even resort to vulgarities.

Good grief, you will never survive basic training if that is enough to get under your skin. Go ahead, ask anybody from the military who has had the pleasure of serving in a combat vocation. Vita's outburst is kid's fare in comparison.

HELL, I heard worse from sports managers.

Natch.
Old 2007-06-05, 02:07   Link #730
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Well, I have actually served in the military.

How a soldier behaves in front of civilians is vastly different from how a soldier behaves in the field. Of course the soldiers and officers won't "behave inappropriately" when in the presence of civilians. You say you are from a military family, well good. Go ask them whether Vita's outburst was uncalled for. Vita did not even resort to vulgarities.

Good grief, you will never survive basic training if that is enough to get under your skin. Go ahead, ask anybody from the military who has had the pleasure of serving in a combat vocation. Vita's outburst is kid's fare in comparison.

HELL, I heard worse from sports managers.

Natch.
I was under the impression that military officers are generally much more professional than what you usually find in civilian jobs, and don't usually resort to straight insults. ("That report was terrible, get your act together or we're going to have to discipline you" type stuff, but not like "That report was garbage. Get out of my sight." type stuff like the attitude that Vita had.) I've heard of officers doing petty crap like using a using not-so-major infractions of the rules (i.e. serious flirting on the job) to investigate a subordinate and try to get them discharged and showing biased towards young women over the older women and the like, but I've never heard of them being straight disrespectful about it.

Basic training's different... its the drill instructor's job to be the most strict, over-the-top perfectionist boss that you've ever had, to the point of being ridiculous, and anybody that's known people that's gone through basic training goes in expecting to be treated like crap even if they do everything perfect and knows better than to take it personally.

Edit:

On a bit of an off-topic note, if it weren't for the war in Iraq, I'd probably be in the military right now. (I'd gladly take up arms to protect the people in this country, that would be a helluva way to go out, but I refuse to put my life on the line for that kind of cause)
Old 2007-06-05, 03:07   Link #731
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
I was under the impression that military officers are generally much more professional than what you usually find in civilian jobs, and don't usually resort to straight insults. ("That report was terrible, get your act together or we're going to have to discipline you" type stuff, but not like "That report was garbage. Get out of my sight." type stuff like the attitude that Vita had.) I've heard of officers doing petty crap like using a using not-so-major infractions of the rules (i.e. serious flirting on the job) to investigate a subordinate and try to get them discharged and showing biased towards young women over the older women and the like, but I've never heard of them being straight disrespectful about it.

Basic training's different... its the drill instructor's job to be the most strict, over-the-top perfectionist boss that you've ever had, to the point of being ridiculous, and anybody that's known people that's gone through basic training goes in expecting to be treated like crap even if they do everything perfect and knows better than to take it personally.

Edit:

On a bit of an off-topic note, if it weren't for the war in Iraq, I'd probably be in the military right now. (I'd gladly take up arms to protect the people in this country, that would be a helluva way to go out, but I refuse to put my life on the line for that kind of cause)
Being "professional" is nice and all, but you have to understand the severity of Teana's actions. She almost killed Subaru. If Vita had not come in time, Subaru would have suffered "spontaneous plastic surgery" to the face. That round that Teana fired was no "rubber bullet", but an armour-piercing live round.

To use a real-life experience as an example, during one particular live grenade-throwing exercise, a trainee mishandled his grenade and dropped it at his feet instead of over the barrier. The Officer (a 2nd Lieutenant) who was overseeing him reacted instantly, grabbed the recruit, launched the both of them into a safety ditch, and covered the recruit with his own body until the grenade exploded.

Danger over, the Officer started a tirade that quite possibly covered all the known insults in three various languages while the trainee quivered in the ditch. Was it harsh? Perhaps, but it was understandable considering the circumstances.

This is not some "petty" matter of badly-written reports or such. We are talking about a life and death situation here. Officers cannot afford to wait until a soldier actually dies before going ballistic. By all accounts, Vita has every right to send Teana to a court-martial and have her imprisoned in a military jail, but she did not.

All Teana got was a scolding, and she damn well should know how damn lucky she is to just have that. Your comparisons to minor infractions is also illogical given that THIS is a MAJOR infraction.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-05, 03:24   Link #732
Bloodseeker

First off, learn reading comprehension. I wasn't comparing the minor infractions to this at all. Reread it.

Second, a stray bullet heading towards a team member that was unlucky enough to run right in its path in a mage battle =/= dropping a live grenade at your feet. That's just complete absence of mind. And you can't compare a Nanoha battle to a real life one... real battlefields revolve around keeping cover while exposing your enemies and taking them out before they have a chance to react, while Nanoha's are more about straight overpowering and outmaneuvering your opponents. Both of them should have been more aware of where the other was (I'd say they were equally at fault... Teana should have controlled the stray shot, and Subaru shouldn't have been flying around on the other side of those shots like that), but its not as severe as that kind of screw up on a real battlefield, since mages are built a lot sturdier than real people.
Old 2007-06-05, 03:53   Link #733
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
First off, learn reading comprehension. I wasn't comparing the minor infractions to this at all. Reread it.
Personal insults won't get you anywhere. Anyways,

Quote:
Second, a stray bullet heading towards a team member that was unlucky enough to run right in its path in a mage battle =/= dropping a live grenade at your feet. That's just complete absence of mind. And you can't compare a Nanoha battle to a real life one... real battlefields revolve around keeping cover while exposing your enemies and taking them out before they have a chance to react, while Nanoha's are more about straight overpowering and outmaneuvering your opponents. Both of them should have been more aware of where the other was (I'd say they were equally at fault... Teana should have controlled the stray shot, and Subaru shouldn't have been flying around on the other side of those shots like that), but its not as severe as that kind of screw up on a real battlefield, since mages are built a lot sturdier than real people.
Well, I don't exactly have the "pleasure" of witnessing a comprehensive array of life and death incidents (thank goodness for that ), but if you talk to other military personnel, you might want to ask them about their life and death situations experiences. The comparison here is about taking life (yours and your teammates) on the battlefield seriously.

As for the differences in fighting, does it really matter in the big picture? Magic or not, minimising recklessness and not compromising the safety of your team is universal in any army doctrine. So what if they are sturdier? It does not give anybody carte blanche in firing live rounds onto their teammates.

A screw-up is a screw-up. Again, Teana was lucky that Vita was there to save Subaru. Just because Subaru did not die does not mean Subaru would not have died. Teana lucked out on the end-result, but her methods were very irresponsible. That's the issue, the problem with Teana.

Recall that she abandoned their defensive positions, so she already broken the rule you laid out yourself about real-life armies. No matter which way you cut it, Teana deserved every bit of Vita's tirade AND MORE.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-05, 07:43   Link #734
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

Sorry to break the mood, but I have to say...

... This is intense !

(There, you can delete my post now )

~"I think 'DINOSAUR' might be one of my favorite words for a punchline."~
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 03:32   Link #735
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
A screw-up is a screw-up. Again, Teana was lucky that Vita was there to save Subaru. Just because Subaru did not die does not mean Subaru would not have died. Teana lucked out on the end-result, but her methods were very irresponsible. That's the issue, the problem with Teana.
Good point. To add to this, no one should be hit by an A+ ranked anti-armour round unless they really deserve it. Brings ep8 and 9 later into perspective
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 04:17   Link #736
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Good point. To add to this, no one should be hit by an A+ ranked anti-armour round unless they really deserve it. Brings ep8 and 9 later into perspective
I won't call those anti-armor

... More like flash bangs

Old 2007-06-06, 05:09   Link #737
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

No they went straight through the drones, they're anti-armor ~
Old 2007-06-06, 05:40   Link #738
Chaos2Frozen
Ano Waza...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
No they went straight through the drones, they're anti-armor ~
No, I thought you were refering to that 'incident' in episode 8

THOSE were flash bangs

Old 2007-06-06, 05:47   Link #739
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, I thought you were refering to that 'incident' in episode 8

THOSE were flash bangs
Episode 8 were the equivalent of foam or rubber slugs, these babies were definately anti-armour >_<. Nasty things really
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 07:45   Link #740
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Most certainly, otherwise they would have exploded in Vita's face ~
And I think after it was reflected it made a little hole before exploding.
At least I can remember there was some dirt flying so it must have dug itself in.

Teanna packs a mean punch >_<"