AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 12 17.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 25.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-12, 22:43   Link #61
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
300 might be uber, but Alexander conquered more....
Old 2007-05-12, 22:44   Link #62
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*ears ringing*
@Nighty: Its a very valid point that Yuuno's there to be a guest speaker, since the auction is all but certain to be selling artefacts. But for what reason? Charity? Clan funds? Discuss.

And I'm still going for the transmutation of insects into weapons/bigger insects, and finally sacrificing them as tribute to Red Eyes Black Dragon.
I would go with Clan funding, they should have a lot of em to be able to have the technology create or maintain something like RH ^.^...Where all those money came from if not from selling the stuff they dig out.

Yugioh much >_> ? same transformation/summoning technique would be boring, giant butterfly would look like mothra =\ plus "giant butterfly vs dragon" sound kinda lame

I tell you it is her Barrier jacket insect tailored BJ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
[I]

Don't worry, I've always been the civil with these things...
Old 2007-05-12, 22:46   Link #63
monir
cho~ kakkoii

To reiterate what Skyfall has already voiced: Looking at last week's huge 800+ posts thread that is supposed to discuss episode 6, probably 30% of the posts are actually relevant to the topic of discussion. Everything else is nothing but noise. This ridiculous amount of off-topicness will need to be cut down, or our hands will be forced to take a few drastic measures. One such measure will be the mass deletion of all the off-topic banter that has absolutely nothing to do with the episode discussion at hand. Believe it or not, episode discussion can be fun without actually doing the role-playing thingy in posts every so often and the follow-up comments that commences soon there after. Hopefully, this post will be taken seriously.

Carry on with the episode discussion/expectation.
Old 2007-05-12, 22:54   Link #64
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
It seems even Moderators don't pay attention when someone makes a general speech. I've been killing myself here to do just that Mr. Monir, and I think we already got the message.

On topic now: Insect-tailored BJ? Wow, that's a new concept. But I think that wouldn't do at all. I think that if Lutecia is gonna fight, she'll fight against Caro and she'll do it with another Dragon. Possibly a Black Dragon in contrast to Caro's Silver one.
Old 2007-05-12, 22:59   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

- Whether or not the guys (( Acous, Yuuno, Zafira...MAYBE Chrono, since 3 of the Chro-no-Kishi-dan are well and assembled )) will get to do anything "flashy". Zafira's got double guard duty, on both the hotel and Caro if you get what I mean. :P
I'm curious as to what Acous' barrier jacket would look like... If he even uses one. Yuuno... Should have probably gotten himself some baggy pants by now... I hope.

Chrono Chrono Chrono... You already have the slickest and coolest outfit... But if there a chance that they've somehow manage to one-up you...

Oh yeah, I would love to see Zafira growling at Erio if he got too near ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
300 might be uber, but Alexander conquered more....
Show me your 'Alexander' and I'll bring my 'Khan'

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
I would go with Clan funding, they should have a lot of em to be able to have the technology create or maintain something like RH ^.^...Where all those money came from if not from selling the stuff they dig out.
And one month ago, I thought the Scrya lived in monasteries up in the mountains

Quote:
"Whats with that look?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post

On topic now: Insect-tailored BJ? Wow, that's a new concept. But I think that wouldn't do at all. I think that if Lutecia is gonna fight, she'll fight against Caro and she'll do it with another Dragon. Possibly a Black Dragon in contrast to Caro's Silver one.
There's a possibility that dragons aren't the only creatures that can be summoned...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 23:03   Link #66
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
There's a possibility that dragons aren't the only creatures that can be summoned...

I never said they were. What I'm saying is 'Fight fire with fire'. Therefore, I'm assuming if Lutecia and Caro have a go at each other, they'll do it while riding their Dragons. (Extremely offtopic (maybe): I hope if the have a row it'll be over Elio )
Old 2007-05-12, 23:08   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
I never said they were. What I'm saying is 'Fight fire with fire'. Therefore, I'm assuming if Lutecia and Caro have a go at each other, they'll do it while riding their Dragons.
Makes me feel like playing 'LAIR'

Carol: BLAST RAIN...! I don't want to hurt you, Lutecia!
Lutecia: Uh-huh... I can see that...

Quote:
(Extremely offtopic (maybe): I hope if the have a row it'll be over Elio )
*Must resist... Urge to... Go off-topic with... Fantasies of "Loli-Shorta-Loli" threes- I mean, triangle!
Old 2007-05-12, 23:24   Link #68
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Makes me feel like playing 'LAIR'

Carol: BLAST RAIN...! I don't want to hurt you, Lutecia!
Lutecia: Uh-huh... I can see that...

*Must resist... Urge to... Go off-topic with... Fantasies of "Loli-Shota-Loli" threes- I mean, triangle!
LOL. So Caro now is copying Nanoha's 'White Devil' mode?
Wait! That would make Caro the 'Pink Devil'

Umm. I don't know if it actually is offtopic. I mean, we're making specualtions here, that's still a possibility (not that Caro would approve though)
Old 2007-05-12, 23:30   Link #69
Ottocycle

Finally the ep discussion threads are back to normal..

Yep Lutecia is shaping up to be Caro's antithesis, devices aside. I have a gut feeling that tube she wears in the OP is probably her BJ. So even clothing wise they are opposites lol.

And regarding Ep7, as much as I hope for the action to restart again, it looks to be another set-up episode, with random banter, mission preparation, the auction proper, and of course the obligatory 'the enemy is coming' part, and they all go into high alert, BJs, devices and all in the final minute of the episode.
Meaning most of the action footage that was shown in the preview most likely came from that last minute.

But still there's things to look forward to:

Aces in formal setting. It'll be another way to see how they've matured to fit into such an environment.

New voices coming up. Zest, Lutecia, Acous, and (I HOPE) Yunno's included. *Tangent Mode.*
Looking at appearances, Toriumi Kousuke(Kiba in Naruto, Gennosuke in Basilisk) would be the frontrunner, but also be incredibly cliche. Seki Tomokazu(needs no intro, I hope) would also be good. Inoue Takehiko(Jerid in Zeta Gundam, Kakashi in Naruto) would own too.
Lutecia would definitely be the strong silent archetype, while Chihara Minori would be the current top pick for everyone, I pray for Noto Mamiko and an Enma Ai-calibre performance. RAWR.
Please don't let Acous' voice be another Koizumi. LOL. I'd prefer it if he had some of the swagger he displayed in Kaze no Stigma. But still, his voice is kind of 1-dimensional, so to speak.

How Signum deals with random Gadgets.

Small Freid vs. Insects, and of course more exposition on Caro's abilities.

And definitely, a voiced Chrono appearance would be icing on the cake.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 00:04   Link #70
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Finally the ep discussion threads are back to normal..

Yep Lutecia is shaping up to be Caro's antithesis, devices aside. I have a gut feeling that tube she wears in the OP is probably her BJ. So even clothing wise they are opposites lol.

And regarding Ep7, as much as I hope for the action to restart again, it looks to be another set-up episode, with random banter, mission preparation, the auction proper, and of course the obligatory 'the enemy is coming' part, and they all go into high alert, BJs, devices and all in the final minute of the episode.
Meaning most of the action footage that was shown in the preview most likely came from that last minute.

Aces in formal setting. It'll be another way to see how they've matured to fit into such an environment.

New voices coming up. Zest, Lutecia, Acous, and (I HOPE) Yunno's included. *Tangent Mode.*
Looking at appearances, Toriumi Kousuke(Kiba in Naruto, Gennosuke in Basilisk) would be the frontrunner, but also be incredibly cliche. Seki Tomokazu(needs no intro, I hope) would also be good. Inoue Takehiko(Jerid in Zeta Gundam, Kakashi in Naruto) would own too.
Lutecia would definitely be the strong silent archetype, while Chihara Minori would be the current top pick for everyone, I pray for Noto Mamiko and an Enma Ai-calibre performance. RAWR.
Please don't let Acous' voice be another Koizumi. LOL. I'd prefer it if he had some of the swagger he displayed in Kaze no Stigma. But still, his voice is kind of 1-dimensional, so to speak.

I wonder how many VA jokes would there be. And I second Mamiko Noto for Lutecia! After all, she's free now, considering the season for Jigoku Shoujo is over for this year.

And our What If... are going to become so warped when that happens...

Actually, if Chrono gave a televised speech before Yuuno came onto the podium, it would mean the ferret got upstaged again.
Old 2007-05-13, 00:31   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Umm. I don't know if it actually is offtopic. I mean, we're making specualtions here, that's still a possibility (not that Caro would approve though)
It's all for the sake of entertainment

Quote:

I would laugh like a madman if Lutecia's VA is the same as Nagato Yuki

On that subject, Chrono and Acous just HAVE to be like their previous counterpart! Even though the relationship is slightly different

Also, I'm curious as to why Acous is even at this auction...

And Signum will be Signum , there's only one way to deal with gadgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Actually, if Chrono gave a televised speech before Yuuno came onto the podium, it would mean the ferret got upstaged again.
I'm more worried about if he's even going to show up at all... Last I've heard, he's away on an investigation of the gadgets...
Old 2007-05-13, 00:44   Link #72
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
It's all for the sake of entertainment

I would laugh like a madman if Lutecia's VA is the same as Nagato Yuki

On that subject, Chrono and Acous just HAVE to be like their previous counterpart! Even though the relationship is slightly different

Also, I'm curious as to why Acous is even at this auction...

And Signum will be Signum , there's only one way to deal with gadgets

I'm more worried about if he's even going to show up at all... Last I've heard, he's away on an investigation of the gadgets...
If you talk about entertainement then you're the Boke while Meophist would be the Tsukkomi

OMG, so ROFL at my own joke (God the flu is having a nasty effect on me, I'm becoming stupid) If Lutecia's VA is the same as Yuki's you'll make it a point to joke about it so Meophist can whack you with a harisen Hayate style .

Acous.... We could make that an interesting speculation subject.
Old 2007-05-13, 00:52   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
If you talk about entertainement then you're the Boke while Meophist would be the Tsukkomi

OMG, so ROFL at my own joke (God the flu is having a nasty effect on me, I'm becoming stupid) If Lutecia's VA is the same as Yuki's you'll make it a point to joke about it so Meophist can whack you with a harisen Hayate style .
That... Would be quite disturbing...

Quote:
Acous.... We could make that an interesting speculation subject.
Seriously? Perhaps some of the items being sold are of Velka origin, while Yuuno deals with the ones that are of Mid-Childa origin...

Personally? I think him being there has something to do with Hayate all dressed up for the party
Old 2007-05-13, 00:59   Link #74
johnjefferson3

well, if she (Lutecia!) speaks we will know her voice actress name real soon since it would be listed in the ending credits, which for most people actually miss reading all those tiny details!!!! also we need to know who does Zezt too, and who is the mad doctors blonde assistant too, and anyone else new who shows up too!!!! this is definily a must watch episode!!!!
johnjefferson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 00:59   Link #75
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
That... Would be quite disturbing...

Seriously? Perhaps some of the items being sold are of Velka origin, while Yuuno deals with the ones that are of Mid-Childa origin...

Personally? I think him being there has something to do with Hayate all dressed up for the party
It is fun to imagine Meophist whacking you with a Harisen. Forgive me but it's true.

I know what you're gonna say, but I think Acous is gonna be there to dance with Hayate and steal a look at the 2 other Aces
Old 2007-05-13, 01:12   Link #76
Ottocycle

Quote:

I'm thinking he's just there. Maybe to interact around with the bigshots of the TSAB and the upper echelons of Midchildan society. So to speak, its just a cameo debut of sorts.

But of course who wouldn't want to miss our aces in evening gowns.

A thought(or should I say hope) just struck me. That decoration thing on Yunno probably means that he's among the organizers of the auction, since that's what it means when I see that thing IRL. Maybe he's the MC? It makes sense to put in an existing voice role IMO.
Old 2007-05-13, 01:13   Link #77
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Acous could be there just because he is one of the high ranking people that got invited to that kind of occasion.Although Chrono might asked him to do some favor to pass something to Yuuno or Hayate & Gang since they are like brothers.

Interesting things i see in acous are his VA and his appearance (you dont see many main/secondary male character with green hairs).Now that i look at his face again, looks scary.Anything special about him in some way? he is the only one with those eyes design (very different from the manga)
Old 2007-05-13, 01:46   Link #78
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjefferson3 View Post
well, if she (Lutecia!) speaks we will know her voice actress name real soon since it would be listed in the ending credits, which for most people actually miss reading all those tiny details!!!! also we need to know who does Zezt too, and who is the mad doctors blonde assistant too, and anyone else new who shows up too!!!! this is definily a must watch episode!!!!
Actually, I usually just wait until ANN updates their page...

Quote:
It is fun to imagine Meophist whacking you with a Harisen. Forgive me but it's true.
*Shiver and shudder *

Quote:
I know what you're gonna say, but I think Acous is gonna be there to dance with Hayate and steal a look at the 2 other Aces
Nah, he's got to focus his eye on the ball... It's not everyday that he can be with Hayate while her Knights aren't around

Quote:
I'm thinking he's just there. Maybe to interact around with the bigshots of the TSAB and the upper echelons of Midchildan society. So to speak, its just a cameo debut of sorts.
Of course, thats another simple explaination.

Quote:
But of course who wouldn't want to miss our aces in evening gowns.
HOPEFULLY no one, if you know what I mean

Quote:
A thought(or should I say hope) just struck me. That decoration thing on Yunno probably means that he's among the organizers of the auction, since that's what it means when I see that thing IRL. Maybe he's the MC? It makes sense to put in an existing voice role IMO.
That'll be interesting to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Acous could be there just because he is one of the high ranking people that got invited to that kind of occasion.Although Chrono might asked him to do some favor to pass something to Yuuno or Hayate & Gang since they are like brothers.
It could be as simple as Carim asking him to take care of Hayate, like in the last chapter... Probably something political-wise.

Quote:
Interesting things i see in acous are his VA and his appearance (you dont see many main/secondary male character with green hairs).Now that i look at his face again, looks scary.Anything special about him in some way? he is the only one with those eyes design (very different from the manga)
Perhaps there's a reason the preview only shows his back...

Edit:

Say... Think we'll hit 100 before the episode airs?
Old 2007-05-13, 01:57   Link #79
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

Quote:
I think it's likely, although I don't know anything about how auctions IRL work, just considering his clan's occupation. The upper members of TSAB society and governance could definitely find some interest in the things dug up by an archaeological clan, assuming Yuuno still has some sort of connections to his old colleagues. (I can't see why he wouldn't, as an influential librarian is a good asset to any archaeological group, for easy access to research. I wouldn't be surprised if he supports his clan in his free time in such a way, and maintains connections.)

That's only if he has some networking skills like Hayate, though, it's equally possible that he's just a workaholic and just locks himself in the Infinite Library 24/7.
KempoCatholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 02:15   Link #80
Ottocycle

Quote:
HOPEFULLY no one, if you know what I mean

Edit:

Say... Think we'll hit 100 before the episode airs?
LOL thanks for reminding me, to think I clean forgot even though I was the one who put him here.

...is this an obsession?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempoCatholic View Post
I think it's likely, although I don't know anything about how auctions IRL work, just considering his clan's occupation. The upper members of TSAB society and governance could definitely find some interest in the things dug up by an archaeological clan, assuming Yuuno still has some sort of connections to his old colleagues. (I can't see why he wouldn't, as an influential librarian is a good asset to any archaeological group, for easy access to research. I wouldn't be surprised if he supports his clan in his free time in such a way, and maintains connections.)

That's only if he has some networking skills like Hayate, though, it's equally possible that he's just a workaholic and just locks himself in the Infinite Library 24/7.
I've seen those things worn at auctions alright...But no way are those auctions like the one that's gonna happen in ep7. The people who have lived(or more likely, are living) in Singapore(Malaysia maybe?) will know what I mean.

Also putting Yunno into the plot now would be really convenient, considering Fate and Shari's recent discovery within the Gadgets.