AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-13, 12:12   Link #1
Ara^-^
Shikou

Unhappy I can't connect to peers

When I try connect to peers, an error message appear :
<urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>

I have no firewall connected and I use window xp

What should I do?
Ara^-^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 12:22   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

If you checked the Bt-step-by-step FAQ, you would have noticed this:

(this is the same for errors like 10060, 7, 10054 10055, 111)
Problem with the Tracker, in this case (look at the picture) the tracker is either down or nonexistent. Be patient, the tracker will be up soon, and you will be able to download the thing you want to download soon.
Old 2004-01-13, 14:14   Link #3
Ara^-^
Shikou

Tanks you

I will try hard!
Old 2004-01-16, 10:47   Link #4
diethelm

ya...i also have the same problem... i'm using the standard v3.3 BT client. i always getting the error 10060...but it does not apply on all group torrents. i try to leave it for half a day but it still the same.

strangely enough, i got this error message only when i want to dl "older" series of torrents. eventhough there are quite a lot of seeders and lechers the same error message always appear. i also tried to disable the firewall but to no avail. it's been like this for about almost a month already.

the torrent that i try to dl is chrno crusade 4 and maburaho 6&7 and i already tried a lot of groups (example: animekeep, wolfpack, animeone, animejunkies)

can anyone tell me wat to do? coz i'm quite new to bit torrent dl system.

ps: how do i dl from irc...will it make any difference?

cheers
diethelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 11:28   Link #5
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Try using ABC, it's an alternative Bt client. If it still doesn't work you'll just have to wait.

Note: I just tried CC4 from A-K and it works out fine for me.

Note2: to learn how to D/L from IRC I invite to read the How to download from IRC guide.
Old 2004-01-16, 11:39   Link #6
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
You managed to score 2 Step-By-Step on a single thread. Awesome!
Old 2004-01-16, 19:15   Link #7
Ara^-^
Shikou

I have the same problem like I said before. I C'ANT CONNECT TO PEERS! I read Step By Step as you suggere me but it does't work. I can connet only two groups of the list. What should I do?

Someone Help me!!!

Je vais l'écrire en français au cas où que personne ne comprend mon anglais médiocre! Je peux seulement me connecter à 2 groupes dans toutes la liste. J'ai lu Step by Step pis ya rien que j'ai trouvée comme solution qui se trouve efficace. Je demande de l'aide à quiconque qui souhaite m'aider.

^-^ Ara! ^-^
Old 2004-01-16, 19:26   Link #8
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

As-tu désactivé le firewall intégré de Windows XP? Si non, suis les instructions ici.
Old 2004-01-17, 09:46   Link #9
Ara^-^
Shikou

Je n'ai pas de firewall activé lorsque j'essaie de me connecter

Ara!
Old 2004-01-17, 10:09   Link #10
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

As-tu déjà réussi à télécharger un fichier via BT? Si oui, une réinstallation complète de ton system serait l'option à envisager.
Old 2004-01-17, 13:20   Link #11
diethelm

i dont understand the term "routers".
could it be the routers that made it difficult for me to dl certain series?
Old 2004-01-17, 13:37   Link #12
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Read the FAQ about errors and Router et Firewall problems chapters of the BT Step-by-Step. If after reading those doesn't help, start a new thread describing precisely your problem.
Old 2004-01-17, 14:19   Link #13
diethelm

thanks...i will do some readings first
Old 2004-01-19, 08:37   Link #14
Ara^-^
Shikou

J'ai réinstallée le programme comme tu me le dis plus haut mais ça ne marche pas plus. Je suis capable de downloader à partir de deux groupes seulement... Est ce que je devrais installer le ABC?
Old 2004-01-20, 01:25   Link #15
ShAd0wHoWaLkS

I think if your trying to download from http://a.scarywater.net/ it wont work . . . for now anyway . . . or I could be wrong
ShAd0wHoWaLkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 04:16   Link #16
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Scarywater tracker is down for the moment , which means a lot of torrents won't work.
Old 2004-01-23, 00:22   Link #17
diethelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway
Scarywater tracker is down for the moment , which means a lot of torrents won't work.
is it still down?
Old 2004-01-25, 07:55   Link #18
kupi

I have the same problem guys! The 10060 error!! But it always doesn't work!!! Well all begins when I desinstalled the 3.2.1 version for dl the 3.3 version... unfortunetly i have a window who tells me " Error opening file for writing: " C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\btdownloadgui.exe" and " C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\select.pyd" and C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\wxc.pyd" and C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\zlib.pyd" and C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\socket.pyd" and C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\_sre.pyd" and C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\_winreg.pyd" and C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\python22.dll" and C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\wxmw233h.dll" hit abort to abort installation....... etc
and when I try to supprim the program, it refuses, and ... ow I am disgusted and disappointed TT-TT
kupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 15:29   Link #19
clefde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway
hmmm couldn't it be the cause of a lot of dl pb during the past days ? it's been down for how long ? that would explain a lot of trouble i've been having... and still have !
and if the site that hosts the tracker is down, does it mean it's more difficult to connect to peers and to get the files ? I believed once you had the tracker safe on your computer, since others were seeding, that would be OK...

err i guess if you can access their website, it does mean they're not down, ne ? ('m not sure website and tracker host are related ...)

Quote:
Je vais l'écrire en français (...)
argh, j'ai eu un coup au coeur en me disant que c'etait p'tet finalement un pb avec mon provider, mais vu que Sway a pas de pb... et que de tte maniere on peut pas etre tous chez le mm provider (F*** pour ne pas le citer)...
clefde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 06:16   Link #20
clefde

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefde
hmmm couldn't it be the cause of a lot of dl pb during the past days ? it's been down for how long ? that would explain a lot of trouble i've been having... and still have !
and if the site that hosts the tracker is down, does it mean it's more difficult to connect to peers and to get the files ? I believed once you had the tracker safe on your computer, since others were seeding, that would be OK...

err i guess if you can access their website, it does mean they're not down, ne ? ('m not sure website and tracker host are related ...)

argh, j'ai eu un coup au coeur en me disant que c'etait p'tet finalement un pb avec mon provider, mais vu que Sway a pas de pb... et que de tte maniere on peut pas etre tous chez le mm provider (F*** pour ne pas le citer)...
After a message from hellychan, it seemed our provider was the cause of our dl pb. To be sure of that, i connected through my 56k, with another provider, and Oh! miracle ! i'm currently connected to 28 peers, 3 seeds (instead of 2p/2s) and i'm dl-ing at 5-6kB/s instead of 1kB/s... i'm gonna kill my internet provider !!!!
clefde is offline   Reply With Quote