AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-16, 05:14   Link #1101
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Sorry, I still can't see Signum as an Urd. Sure, she wants Hayate to be happy. But she's not the type to encourage impropriety toward her master. She could go "Date Hayate. You know you want to. You know you want to avoid becoming a stain on Laevatein.". But slip viagra into some poor boy's drink? No.

And I don't think Shamal would steal Hayate's boyfriends, either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 05:27   Link #1102
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
...Makes me wonder if the [serious discussion only] is just for show only, but hey - even i need some time off
Well, the 'serious discussion only' bit refers to events that may actually have a chance of happening, and discussing those events only with canon material doesn't it? Doesn't this fall under that? Sort of?

Back to Signum/Vita... I'm actually having trouble seeing Vita being that possessive as to chase away anyone approaching Hayate. She cares for Hayate, and yes she is protective, but she also wants Hayate to be happy. I don't think she would hammer anyone Hayate wants to date.

Now if Hayate returned one night in tears because you dumped her, then your life is forfeit. But if not, then I would say Vita's line of though is 'as long as Hayate is happy, I'm happy.'
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 05:32   Link #1103
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Subspace, Texas
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
You only remain 'so' serious in a thread that's pretty much constructed on speculation.. As slow as this thread is, a few logs on the fire won't hurt too much... Serious Business™ generally doesn't make for very interesting conversation.

Just so long as the conversation doesn't devolve into insane ramblings between hardline pairings groups.
"Yes, we know you're favorite shipping pairs are __x__ and __x__ ... that's nice. No REALLY! I was paying attention to how much you want them to be paired up... I wasn't at all thinking about the interesting ways and comical byproducts of twisting X relationship up... Scout's Honor."

(Too bad I'm not a scout.)

Yuuno x Hayate in this scenario would be a hundred laughs a minute. What after so many messed up attempts, Hayate summons up the courage to go after someone... (instead of the other way around...) ...Shocking Signum and Vita when she chooses Yuuno.

Signum would probably drop back into the shadows to see how this goes. (If it works out, cool. If it doesn't... I know how to make his life HELL.) Meanwhile, Vita, while she probably KNOWS Yuuno, might not be all too familiar with the library 'dweeb' (why do I suddenly imagine Vita calling Yuuno 'dweeb' a lot?) considering from the looks of things... he's not around much.
She'd probably try all sorts of direct, and indirect, subtle, and not so subtle methods of intimidation short of death threats... Which Yuuno would probably be like... "What's wrong with you?"
And THEN she'd break out the death threats.

Zaphira, would probably approach Yuuno some time right after Hayate asks him out and be like, offhand: "You have no idea how much trouble you just got yourself into..." and wander off.

The question at the end of this Romantic Comedy scenario would be... after Yuuno manages to escape nearly unhurt... (He's that good, but then... NOBODY escapes Vita 'Unhurt'... minimally hurt is the best that can be pulled off.)
As far as Shamal is concerned does he become "the one that got away?" A... *GASP* blemish on her 'perfect record'? (Wait, she's got a record?)

And when the dust settles... Yes, it was kind of fun. (In between grueling duels with Vita...)... but Hayate would actually just not be his kind of girl. (Revealing that the crossfire of the Wolkies had nothing to do with his decision) ... and quietly stalking supporting Nanoha was, and always will be, his thing. Now if only Nanoha would notice him.

Yuuno: (What's a guy gotta do to get that girl's attention around here? Start threatening interdimensional safety and the subsiquent pounding she's going to give me? Might be worth the risk... I survived being Hayate's boyfriend for a week after all. I'm sure all those duels with Vita will come in handy.)
__________________
"Escalating a war is not how I envisioned this vacation..."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 05:33   Link #1104
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Of course, we can also go an alternative way besides the most obvious pairings if we look at canon.

Vita seems to be chasing after Nanoha, what with the whole feeling of guilt after her accident and her desire to protect her. Of course, these feelings could be seen as a mere 'desire to protect' but isn't the entire point of Nanoha to see the two sides of ambiguous scenes? Why limit that vision only to NanoFate? These days Vita is working together with Nanoha, after all.

Fate has an admirer in Ginga, so what say we up that admiration a bit? She sure was happy when Rein told her that the device RF6 had made for her would allow her to keep up with Fate. Although SSX placing her in charge of her sisters (with Zaffy instructor) does lessen this chance of happening substantially.

Signum has her new partner Agito, even though they are pretty opposite in personalities. But hey, don't they say opposites attract?
I like the way you think.

I think there's actually a NanoVita fic over on Fanfiction.net, but as far as I know it hasn't gotten many reviews. Pity, since it's very well written too.

I never thought Fate/Ginga, but for some reason I'd love to try my hand at a Nove/Ginga fanfic. I don't know why, but I really do. The two of them just click together in my head, even if technically they're all "sisters".

I'm more partial to Rein/Agito, though. C'mon, that ending... you know they'll be best friends forever.

I'd kill to read a Caro/Lutecia or, better yet, a Vivio/Lutecia. Maybe I should actually get off my lazy bum and write one of those.
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 05:45   Link #1105
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Subspace, Texas
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Sorry, I still can't see Signum as an Urd. Sure, she wants Hayate to be happy. But she's not the type to encourage impropriety toward her master. She could go "Date Hayate. You know you want to. You know you want to avoid becoming a stain on Laevatein.". But slip viagra into some poor boy's drink? No.

And I don't think Shamal would steal Hayate's boyfriends, either.
You don't have to see signum EXACTLY as Urd... I'm just using Urd because that's the clearest image that comes to mind.

As for Vita... slight exaggeration, but she DID go post apocalyptic on Nanoha for beam zapping her BUNNY HAT... Good thing Fate showed up then, be cause it really did look like Vita was going to Finish Her Off. (Permenantly)

Now, she may have mellowed out somewhat, but I have no doubts about her being obsessively protective and possessive. She wouldn't randomly jump guys who give Hayate the onceover... but if she catches anyone being a 'little' too friendly, I can see the Glare of Death coming out. And any out and out dating and I can see Vita constantly making an appearance to 'remind' the guy who 'belongs' to who.

Exaggerate the scenario as you see fit, apply, and BAM!
[EXPLOSION]

Oh shi-

[ROCKETO FORM]

*CRACK!*

X_x

Shamal... is just icing on the cake. There's got to be some reason she's always so happy. (Incidently, she wouldn't be 'steeling' Hayate's boyfriends. She'd be recovering 'losses' after the guys decided to save their hides.)
__________________
"Escalating a war is not how I envisioned this vacation..."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 05:56   Link #1106
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
You only remain 'so' serious in a thread that's pretty much constructed on speculation.. As slow as this thread is, a few logs on the fire won't hurt too much... Serious Business™ generally doesn't make for very interesting conversation.

Just so long as the conversation doesn't devolve into insane ramblings between hardline pairings groups.
Believe me that i realize this, which is why i don't have much against the current direction of the topic Arguable level of 'seriousness' notwithstanding, such a lighthearted line of conversation is definitely a notable upstep in regards to what i am used to get when it comes to relationships in Nanoha. I mean - the very fact i can actually post something on the subject that doesn't involve general death threats is almost a dream come true in itself


Not taking Vita in to account i also find it a bit hard to imagine serious Hayate x Yuuno. While the two are likely to be friends, i don't think Yuuno is all that intimately knowledgeable about her ... definitely not on the level he would be with Nanoha or even Fate. And i kinda don't see their personalities meshing too well either. It was more of a thought to explore the probability of Yuuno having a chance to get close to Hayate under the assumtion Vita is going all out to 'safeguard' her mistress. (that doesn't sound right, now does it...) Actually i can picture Vita grudgingly submitting to the possibility (under the assumption she is chasing all away with her hammer), even if she would be like a shadow looming over the shoulder. (Which might prove technically difficult with her height).
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 06:15   Link #1107
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Subspace, Texas
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Believe me that i realize this, which is why i don't have much against the current direction of the topic Arguable level of 'seriousness' notwithstanding, such a lighthearted line of conversation is definitely a notable upstep in regards to what i am used to get when it comes to relationships in Nanoha. I mean - the very fact i can actually post something on the subject that doesn't involve general death threats is almost a dream come true in itself
I come from the Rational School of Thought. (Which Teaches: Don't get freakishly obsessed over the pairings of fictional characters. They're fictional. So are the Pairings. )
I've already had a one person equivilant to 'Legion' come after me over character pairings on another board. (As I recall, it was a message that consisted of two pages of rant from a person that was angry with me because I made light of their choice of parings, or rather, the pairings they despised, and that I was being 'inpertinent'. INPERTINENT! Who uses that?) That person got a three paragraph, crystal clear reply that their entire two page flame message they dished out was recieved, laughed at, that I thought they were nucking futs, and that I'd be happy to laugh at more of their 'attacks'.

I have not been bothered since.

I mean seriously. When someone threatens to do Bad Things to you or themselves over the idea that I'm poking fun at their choice of fictional pairings of fictional characters in a FICTIONAL world... Something is wrong. I'm talking, mentally unstable wrong. I'm talking "You need to grow up and realize this is not reality, but a collection of DRAWINGS" wrong.

There's fun, and then there's the people who I seriously think, need institutionalization. I won't name names here. That's common courtesy.



Quote:
Not taking Vita in to account i also find it a bit hard to imagine serious Hayate x Yuuno. While the two are likely to be friends, i don't think Yuuno is all that intimately knowledgeable about her ... definitely not on the level he would be with Nanoha or even Fate. And i kinda don't see their personalities meshing too well either.
I could see him agreeing if only for the simple matter of having something nice to do with a girl... if only once. Thus why I mentioned something along the lines of 'That was fun, but not really his type of girl.'

Quote:
It was more of a thought to explore the probability of Yuuno having a chance to get close to Hayate under the assumtion Vita is going all out to 'safeguard' her mistress. (that doesn't sound right, now does it...) Actually i can picture Vita grudgingly submitting to the possibility (under the assumption she is chasing all away with her hammer), even if she would be like a shadow looming over the shoulder. (Which might prove technically difficult with her height).
Well, when in doubt... She could always float. Height isn't so much an issue when you can levitate and then take off like a fighter jet.
__________________
"Escalating a war is not how I envisioned this vacation..."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 06:34   Link #1108
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a cave
Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
That seems to be 7Arc's new ballgame though. They've obviously set up Lucino/Griffith, Alto/Vice, Erio/Caro, etc from the get go so hard it hurts.

Too much shipping game rots the brain after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I weep at the Caro/Lutecia paling in front of Erio/Caro.

I would argue Alto/Vice being set up from the get-go though. There's Teana/Vice in there too.
Matching. Hair colors.
Personally I always liked the idea of Shari/Griffith. They are Childhood friends after all:3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
...Makes me wonder if the [serious discussion only] is just for show only, but hey - even i need some time off

^ The situation with Vita/Signum as described above i actually can picture happening (I had even considered writing a fanfic with such a premise at one point, but since i can't write comedy to save my life, that one was shelved) ... which makes me wonder though - what would happen in the highly unlikely event if Hayate would ask Yuuno out ? (Who, feeling down from lack of apparent progress between him and Nanoha, would be desperate enough to accept? ). Aside from the event alone serving as a minor stun-bomb to halt all activity in nearby area, surely Yuuno would have a level of trustworthiness about him that random strangers wouldn't ? (And physically stopping him might prove problematic as well )
I almost wrote a comedy short on that... wouldn't have worked out so well... for Yuuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
As far as Shamal is concerned does he become "the one that got away?" A... *GASP* blemish on her 'perfect record'? (Wait, she's got a record?)
Not really seeing the mass dating Shamal, I think it's funny but even cracky little me can't see where it's coming from
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 07:20   Link #1109
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Yuuno: (What's a guy gotta do to get that girl's attention around here? Start threatening interdimensional safety and the subsiquent pounding she's going to give me? Might be worth the risk... I survived being Hayate's boyfriend for a week after all. I'm sure all those duels with Vita will come in handy.)
I'm reminded of that picture that compared how close to Nanoha people were and how strongly they'd been befriended. It had Vivio (Blaster 3 Starlight Breaker) as the winner, and Fate begging Nanoha to hit her with her best shot...

So yeah. Taking that into account, Yuuno would probably have to become a supervillain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Shamal... is just icing on the cake. There's got to be some reason she's always so happy. (Incidently, she wouldn't be 'steeling' Hayate's boyfriends. She'd be recovering 'losses' after the guys decided to save their hides.)
That's just a technicality! Like all WR, she places Hayate's happiness above her own. She'd be trying to persuade the boys to go back to Hayate, not seducing them away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Not taking Vita in to account i also find it a bit hard to imagine serious Hayate x Yuuno. While the two are likely to be friends, i don't think Yuuno is all that intimately knowledgeable about her ... definitely not on the level he would be with Nanoha or even Fate. And i kinda don't see their personalities meshing too well either. It was more of a thought to explore the probability of Yuuno having a chance to get close to Hayate under the assumtion Vita is going all out to 'safeguard' her mistress. (that doesn't sound right, now does it...) Actually i can picture Vita grudgingly submitting to the possibility (under the assumption she is chasing all away with her hammer), even if she would be like a shadow looming over the shoulder. (Which might prove technically difficult with her height).
I could see them going out as friends, and creating all kinds of misunderstandings.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 07:25   Link #1110
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
To be honest, I'm quite happy for the lesser amount of SERIOUS so long as we don't go into shipping wars and squeals and imaginations. Too much SERIOUS, contrary to popular belief that we're sadist enjoying it looking at how we keep repeating the same things over and over, it's really bad for one's heart. Especially the brain's heart. It kills braincells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Not taking Vita in to account i also find it a bit hard to imagine serious Hayate x Yuuno. While the two are likely to be friends, i don't think Yuuno is all that intimately knowledgeable about her ... definitely not on the level he would be with Nanoha or even Fate. And i kinda don't see their personalities meshing too well either. It was more of a thought to explore the probability of Yuuno having a chance to get close to Hayate under the assumtion Vita is going all out to 'safeguard' her mistress. (that doesn't sound right, now does it...) Actually i can picture Vita grudgingly submitting to the possibility (under the assumption she is chasing all away with her hammer), even if she would be like a shadow looming over the shoulder. (Which might prove technically difficult with her height).
The way Nanoha, Yuuno, Fate, and Hayate are set up, if it was a shojo manga/anime setting, Fate would be the best friend who gives a nudge to Yuuno to get going on Nanoha and vice-versa (( optional Tomoyoism girl-love possible )), Yuuno, the guy who likes Nanoha, but is a workaholic, takes things too slowly for his own good and too generally 'Yuuno' to anyone thus rarely radiating any signals, while Nanoha is the dense girl who thinks Yuuno and Fate are secretly dating instead and often have once in 30 chapters moments where it looks like she has feelings for Yuuno, but shrugs them off as friendship and 28 in 30 chapters of great friends with everyone especially Fate.

While Hayate is the gag comedy character who hides in the shadows smirking at the awkward developments, and occasionally does things to spice things up for better or worse.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:02   Link #1111
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Off-tangent a bit.

When I proposed this thread in the Request Thread, my intention was to consolidate all the various shipping discussions within one thread, because it was "polluting" the other threads. Nanoha being the series it is, the shipping discussions were often prolonged and seldom resolved quickly.

Which is obviously an issue if we take threads like the Image one into consideration.

Whimsical pairings is fine by me, so long as the proposer puts in an effort to justify his/her envisioned pairing. That's the "serious discussion" part I required. Posts like,

Quote:
Nanoha & Vice forever! LOL! Suck it, people!
Not so much.

The other requirement, which most people seldom mention, but is explicitly stated in the opening post, is that the discussion(s) must stem from the canonical material and not from fan-made ones.

The reason for this requirement is very simple. If we allow fan-fiction into the discussions, then debating merits becomes laughable since you just need to find a person to write a fanfic that supports you.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:09   Link #1112
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Land of Lincoln
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Sorry, I still can't see Signum as an Urd. Sure, she wants Hayate to be happy. But she's not the type to encourage impropriety toward her master. She could go "Date Hayate. You know you want to. You know you want to avoid becoming a stain on Laevatein.". But slip viagra into some poor boy's drink? No.

And I don't think Shamal would steal Hayate's boyfriends, either.
Hayate's boyfriends, don't you mean "girlfriends", since every girl in Nanoha is a lesbian!
__________________

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:17   Link #1113
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Momoko, Lindy, Amy, Caro, Uno, Alto, and Lucino beg to differ.

Anyway, what about the numbers? They deserve some love too!

Uno and Jail is a given for me. Who can forget the haircut scene in the manga? But what about the rest of the numbers? Anyone see any hints of an attraction?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:33   Link #1114
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Momoko, Lindy, Amy, Caro, Uno, Alto, and Lucino beg to differ.

Anyway, what about the numbers? They deserve some love too!

Uno and Jail is a given for me. Who can forget the haircut scene in the manga? But what about the rest of the numbers? Anyone see any hints of an attraction?
Romance between the Numbers themselves in highly unlikely, seeing as they all view each other as sisters on some level and I think four of them are actually blood-related (though I can't remember who). Quattro seems to have a thing for Jail, but Uno/Jail is just too awesome.

As mentioned earlier, for some reason I'm partial to the Nove/Ginga pairing. I don't even know why.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:39   Link #1115
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Hayate's boyfriends, don't you mean "girlfriends", since every girl in Nanoha is a lesbian!
I request canon evidence of this claim.

Quote:
Anyway, what about the numbers? They deserve some love too!
Cinque, Nove, and Wendi all thoroughly Befriended Ginga in 17. Make of this what you will, 'cause I certainly am.
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:39   Link #1116
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Romance between the Numbers themselves in highly unlikely, seeing as they all view each other as sisters on some level and I think four of them are actually blood-related (though I can't remember who). Quattro seems to have a thing for Jail, but Uno/Jail is just too awesome.
Yeah, between the sisters its more a sisterly rather then a romantical relationship, and we didn't exactly see them talk to others a lot... SSX gave lots of Teana/Subaru goodness, but not that much beyond that.

Perhaps Otto/Vivio? The ever serious Otto teasing Vivio was adorable at any rate, perhaps there was more behind this teasing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
As mentioned earlier, for some reason I'm partial to the Nove/Ginga pairing. I don't even know why.
I'm more of a Cinque/Ginga person myself. Her conversation with Ginga in the car just somehow... clicked with me. Even though there's nothing really romantic about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Cinque, Nove, and Wendi all thoroughly Befriended Ginga in 17. Make of this what you will, 'cause I certainly am.
And Cinque was the one who held Ginga most brutally too... it fits!
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:42   Link #1117
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Cinque, Nove, and Wendi all thoroughly Befriended Ginga in 17. Make of this what you will, 'cause I certainly am.
I smell a four-way!
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 23:24   Link #1118
Avatar_notADV
Once and Current Subber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Nah, Vivio and anyone seems pretty creepy, excepting Yuuno, years from now. (Rowan-style! The patient ferret is patient...)

It's tough to write the Numbers in anywhere, romantic-joke-speaking, just because they don't really have enough development. Nove could make for a fun Subaru-Teana third wheel, except that she seems to get along pretty well with Genya, which is itself funny. Dieci doesn't really need a partner. Tre plus any of the more fragile guys is amusing, more for the "you may not survive this" factor. Due pretending to be anyone else for mischief... Cinque and Vita forming an old lolis club? (Not romantic, just bemoaning their lack of romantic opportunities while getting plastered at the one club in town that trusts Vita's ID.) Sein, of course, just watches from the ceilings...

The rest would probably work best as a kind of collective roving harem.
__________________
Latest project: Kannagi
Avatar_notADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 23:38   Link #1119
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The Numbers are material of good chemistry, but relationships are a little awkward at this point. Uno -> Quattro would make a reasonably good harem-sisters setting for Jail, but other Numbers are more like untainted daughters than anything else. (( Considering Cinque onwards don't have any Jail-genes inside them, even if they carry 'Jail' himself. ))

Ginga/Cinque are nice, but they seem kinda like... how should I put it, something like Vita/Signum or in the event he never died, Zest/Signum. The kind of pair that has generally 'coffee-drinking cop-partners' subtle chemistry that works best because they're seniors watching others, but at the same time, is quite 'restricted' to that kind of chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Nah, Vivio and anyone seems pretty creepy, excepting Yuuno, years from now. (Rowan-style! The patient ferret is patient...)
So I see I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I mean, look at the loli harem he's slowly building inside the confines of his library, starting from Arf!

Though seriously though, it'd be a little sad to see Vivio getting AsunaTakahata-ed in the event of such.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 23:47   Link #1120
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Subspace, Texas
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

That's just a technicality! Like all WR, she places Hayate's happiness above her own. She'd be trying to persuade the boys to go back to Hayate, not seducing them away.
Sure, she'd probably TRY to persuade the boys to go back to Hayate. But then, is such a cowardly man worthy of Hayate's affection? Would she like a guy who's afraid of her and/or her own knights? Shamal would more than likely convince herself that it's for Hayate's own health and happiness.

In fact, it could be like an addiction. The first two or three she really DID try to get back with Hayate... and ended up hooking them herself when her attempt failed and she needed some 'comfort' herself. After that it quickly fell into a routine.

Signum Sends them in, Vita scares them off, Shamal tries (in a very half hearted attempt these days) to send them back, but convinces herself that the guy wouldn't be any good for Hayate and well... waste not want not. Here comes Naughty Nurse Shamal.

And everyone goes crying to Zaphira (Or simply confesses things) as each screwup occures... After which they feel better.
Being the MAN of the house he is... he hangs his head in silence and tries to find a crack under some rock to crall into.

You just have to assign some exaggeration to the scenario...

I mean, for all we know, Hayate's Cosplay love can quickly translate into S&M... What with her being 'Mistress' and all...
__________________
"Escalating a war is not how I envisioned this vacation..."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.