AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2009-06-21, 02:37   Link #1821
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Edit your post? Also, I asked about Chrono's kids.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 12:29   Link #1822
Fate21
Kiyu~

Yeah, i don't know about Chrono's kids too
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 12:30   Link #1823
Fate21
Kiyu~

To me Vivio looks like a peace sign for NF and YN fans LOL
Old 2009-06-25, 14:04   Link #1824
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate21 View Post
Nanoha and Fate's relationship seems to be defined somewhere between A's and Strikers, after that Vivio is the element that moved them to the next step to form a family that they bring up together despite of their hard lives, raising the healthy girl we all love ^^
I think the inclusion of Vivio in the series was the last step to confirm its direction, we don't see people reluctant to accept the beautiful bond that they share and are developing more and more with each day passing by, bringing peace to the fans, that we all hope lasts. I personally think the writer will keep doing good with the new mangas ^^

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 14:06   Link #1825
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Nah, just more armaments.
Old 2009-06-25, 14:24   Link #1826
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
What are u talking about?!

Vivio is a indication of YuunoXFate! (gets shot) X_X

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 15:29   Link #1827
Fate21
Kiyu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

I'm not gonna shot you LOL
But unfortunately Fate didn't showing any interest to Yuuno (don't get offended kay )
Old 2009-06-25, 15:38   Link #1828
Fate21
Kiyu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

I became remember about Satashi's fanfic, if i'm not wrong. Saved by the bell...that Nanoha is Fate's girlfriend. And she's get pregnant from Fate's egg and Yuuno's sperm. Haha kinda like Vivio will born from that don't you think

Don't kill me NF and YN fans...LOL
Old 2009-06-25, 15:39   Link #1829
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Use the edit button instead of double posting, dude.
Old 2009-06-25, 18:03   Link #1830
Sassy_Bread
I'm umami.

Quote:
No, more like another source for shippers to argue and exaggerate like there's no tomorrow, as shown earlier on this page.

소원을 말해봐...
Sassy_Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 18:15   Link #1831
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Bread View Post
No, more like another source for shippers to argue and exaggerate like there's no tomorrow, as shown earlier on this page.
Since this thread is for serious discussion, I think it would be appropriated if the next time you want to post something like this, you share with us the arguments behind your conclusions, so we can know what you define as exaggerated and "shippers", instead of leaving something ambiguous that in my opinion can be interpreted as offensive, since I posted on this page too.

Last edited by BPHaru; 2009-06-25 at 18:34. Reason: grammar
Old 2009-06-25, 18:32   Link #1832
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Hardly a sentence to get angry over Haru. Relax and go with the flow. Besides the last few posts have hardly been serious. There are times to be angry and times to not care.

(and as a little grammar note the correct term would be appropriate not appropriated)
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 18:40   Link #1833
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Hardly a sentence to get angry over Haru. Relax and go with the flow. Besides the last few posts have hardly been serious. There are times to be angry and times to not care.

(and as a little grammar note the correct term would be appropriate nod appropriated)
Thanks a lot for the suggestion and for correcting my grammar. I really appreciate when people help me to improve my English, it's a hard thing to do myself.

Old 2009-06-26, 03:54   Link #1834
Fate21
Kiyu~

If you all want to end this maybe (serious)
Let's just say the idea of Vivio is from FatexArisa, not bad eh
Old 2009-06-27, 13:26   Link #1835
Lexich

Disclaimer: I'm a rabid NanoFate shipper. Even though I acknowledge they are not exactly canon now (as are all the other pairings, save for Chrono/Amy), there would be no better news for me if creators decided to canonize them. I should also mention that I don't hate people having views opposing mine on Nanoha pairings, as long as they are willing to dispute peacefully and intelligently, which I'll strive to do myself too.

Now to the main course. I'll present you "The Grand Unifying Theory of Nanoha's Love Life", in which questions like "Multiple pairings shiptease" and "Frequent sightings of "big bed of lesbian love"" are explored.
Let's look over the facts:
1. Authors tease us about Nanoha/Fate, Nanoha/Yuuno, Nanoha/Vita, Signum/Fate and ,at one point, just show Nanoha, Fate and Hayate spending the night in one bed.
2. Major characters are all grown adults now, so they have needs, namely, to have sex.
3. All the major characters are stated to be "Best friends" with each other.
How do we put this all together? I propose that Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Yuuno, and (at least part of) Wolkenritter are "no strings attached" Friends-With-Benefits.
Which:
allows them to pursue their own dreams without concerns for broken hearts;
explains why we sometimes see girls in one bed;
explains why every time Fate is "on the leave" from her ship she comes to visit Nanoha;
explains Nanoha having no apparent preferential treatment for neither Fate nor Yuuno.

So here it is. This is based primarily on anime series, as my knowledge of manga and Sound Stages are less then full. If you have any additions, corrections, or just want to rebuke this theory, feel free to do so.
Lexich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 14:39   Link #1836
Sassy_Bread
I'm umami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexich View Post
Disclaimer: I'm a rabid NanoFate shipper. Even though I acknowledge they are not exactly canon now (as are all the other pairings, save for Chrono/Amy), there would be no better news for me if creators decided to canonize them. I should also mention that I don't hate people having views opposing mine on Nanoha pairings, as long as they are willing to dispute peacefully and intelligently, which I'll strive to do myself too.

Now to the main course. I'll present you "The Grand Unifying Theory of Nanoha's Love Life", in which questions like "Multiple pairings shiptease" and "Frequent sightings of "big bed of lesbian love"" are explored.
Let's look over the facts:
1. Authors tease us about Nanoha/Fate, Nanoha/Yuuno, Nanoha/Vita, Signum/Fate and ,at one point, just show Nanoha, Fate and Hayate spending the night in one bed.
2. Major characters are all grown adults now, so they have needs, namely, to have sex.
3. All the major characters are stated to be "Best friends" with each other.
How do we put this all together? I propose that Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Yuuno, and (at least part of) Wolkenritter are "no strings attached" Friends-With-Benefits.
Which:
explains why every time Fate is "on the leave" from her ship she comes to visit Nanoha;
explains Nanoha having no apparent preferential treatment for neither Fate nor Yuuno.

So here it is. This is based primarily on anime series, as my knowledge of manga and Sound Stages are less then full. If you have any additions, corrections, or just want to rebuke this theory, feel free to do so.
QFT.
Seriously, even though I have no qualms with any Nanoha ships (just the shippers themselves), I think this theory tends to make the most sense without overlooking some brief moments in anime that disprove any other theories.
Also, at least I'm relieved that I won't be attacked for or assumed of "being homophobic" or "against homosexual families" just because I don't share their opinion COMPLETELY from at least one NanoFate shipper.

소원을 말해봐...

Last edited by Sassy_Bread; 2009-06-27 at 14:49.
Sassy_Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 14:45   Link #1837
BPHaru

For a "rabid NanoFate shipper", you seem to be more pessimist that those who dislike that kind of relationship
So, about NanoFate, some facts abut the canon material that you missed, and some opinions from this pessimist user, that isn't as pessimist as you xD:

Quote:
Maybe at one point. The amount of "teasing", as you call it, for the alternative pairings was existent if you interpret it in that way, but decreasing during Strikers and getting what we have now. On the other hand, for NanoFate, they even used their relationship for the developing and construction of the plot of the actual series, and we clearly see what they did with them in the fourth season now.
The bed scene with Hayate, if I remember correctly had them resting after a reunion and they were discussing about the creation of RF6. It wasn't the same bed that Nanoha and Fate share. But I suppose you can take as "tease" too.

Quote:
3. All the major characters are stated to be "Best friends" with each other
During Strikers Hayate, Nanoha and Fate are stated as Best Friends, which doesn't mean that they couldn't be more than that. Fate and Nanoha relationship is closer than with Hayate, they have been stated as the "most important person". You can interpret that as you want. About the Wolkenritter there isn't much of relevance to Nanoha and Fate. And about Yuuno, since it seems you like mentioning him, he's stated as their childhood friend, that in the context of the series would be someone of a lower importance but that was important in their childhood, since after he showed his support to Fate and Nanoha's relationship and family, his contact with them seemed to decrease through the years passed, and he only seemed to see Vivio when she visited the library, but according to the last installment of the story they don't see to consider him an important person of their lives as we see in Vivid.

Quote:
That need is always there since adolescence, but they are rational human beings so it's up to them how they let it affect them.
If you consider Nanoha and Fate as a couple, which is what is implied in the series and what is assumed by the fans, they wouldn't have problems satisfying their romantic needs. If you want to go against the flow and consider that they're not, the direct answer that comes to my mind is that in this scenario they could be now "friends with benefits", because they are the closest and most important person of each other, they are comfortable enough to keep bathing together as adult, and they sleep together.

Quote:
Apparently there is minimal contact with him, except maybe for Vivio, so it would be hard to tell how they would treat him when they see him again. But since Strikers Nanoha shows preference in their treatment towards her family, Fate and Vivio.

Quote:
I don't get this and I don't know if you're referring to Nanoha and Fate, but they are supposed to be sharing a bed at least since strikers, and sleeping together except when Fate is out for work.

Quote:
They don't need to concern about that if they trust each other and if they have been together for already so long time.

Quote:
Well, they are together raising a daughter, it should be normal for them to be together as much as they can while they're not working.

Old 2009-06-27, 16:20   Link #1838
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

TL;DR: Nanoha x Harem FTW.

That way, EVERYONE is happy. Except the puritanical fanatics.
Old 2009-06-27, 16:31   Link #1839
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
TL;DR: Nanoha x Harem FTW.

That way, EVERYONE is happy.
Assuming that romance doesn't work that way, or a least it doesn't for most persons, I suppose that people that like the romance implications in this series or that prefers to go with canon won't choose your option over what they have assumed as an actual or ideal scenario.

Old 2009-06-27, 17:31   Link #1840
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

And canon says No Romantic Relationship. They do indeed tease quite a bit, but never say it right out.

That's how it is, and that's what I'm riding with. Just as you deny my lighthearted and rather not-serious jab at NanoHarem, I reject your serious-business assumption of NF.

Besides, everyone knows Nano x Work is the true pairing in MSLN. Though in Vivid it looks like they've slowed down a bit on the relationship.