AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-14, 09:31   Link #1
asgiov

Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata demo on XBL Marketplace

I jsut downloaded the demo for this game off the Japanese MArket place off Xbox Live. The game is great! ... but... anyone know if there's a way to change the voice acting to japanese? O.O;;

I was VERY VERY Sad when I wasn't hearing Hirano Aya.....
asgiov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 13:24   Link #2
Lebron
I hear voices

thanks for the heads up, I downloaded it earlier. No idea about the Japanese voices thing, that is weird. However, the retail game will feature both Japanese and American dub voices, so that's something :P

edit: It seems to be region coded. So if you have a JPN 360, the voices should be in Japanese. If you don't, well yeah, you already know
Old 2007-05-14, 14:02   Link #3
Spike420
AbaraiRenjis doppleganger

wow ive been waiting for a rpg like this since...um... ff10 (ps2 died a long time ago heh)

And ya whens this hitting america couse so far it looks great

"As long as we can swim freely in our dreams We won't need that sky anymore "
Spike420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 14:13   Link #4
Lebron
I hear voices

September I believe.
Old 2007-05-14, 14:16   Link #5
Spike420

.....thats to far...atlease slypheed will be out soon...but so far this demo is 100x better then enchanted arms...i hated that battle system

Old 2007-05-14, 14:26   Link #6
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, the demo is a lot better than Enchanted Arms, and surely full game will be as well. I liked the Battle System in EA though, reminded me of Tactics in some way.

But yea, September is a bummer. So many other games coming out around that time.
Old 2007-05-14, 14:35   Link #7
Spike420

Ya i like tac/rpgs but enchanted arms...nah...i rather play vanguard bandits anyday^_^

but even when they lvl up in this its great...i never played a cell shaded game before so that could be why i like it ^_^ ...Or the fact that when u see a new area it shows it off a little...But so far i haven't played a rpg with detail like this in a long time...i think i need to buy a ps2

Old 2007-05-14, 14:44   Link #8
Lebron
I hear voices

is this your first Tri-Crescendo game? You should play their 2 Baten Kaitos games on the GC. Good stuff
also, the Tales games on the PS2 are pretty good, as well.
Old 2007-05-14, 14:58   Link #9
Spike420

i rember tales on snes and ps1 i forget what they where called...but VP is awsome hehe i played that game like crazy (acctully playing it now since i dont have any good rpgs to play)

Old 2007-05-14, 18:24   Link #10
Lebron
I hear voices

did you notice you could play with more than 1 player? Plugged in 2 controllers, and went to options and made it so that my cousin controlled the girl, and I controlled the 2 guys.
Old 2007-05-14, 18:40   Link #11
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh Ma God it's a game and it has Aya Hirano in it, it must be awesome and stuff.......

Seriously I'd be worried less about no Aya Hirano and the fact that I've heard they stripped the whole Frederic Chopin theme out of the game and made the main character some random generic composer. If that's the case there goes his music too.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 18:49   Link #12
Lebron
I hear voices

sounds like you may have got your facts wrong. Game still has the Chopin theme, wasn't a great theme to begin with, but it's still in there.

meant the Chopin story theme, not his music selection in the game--which is good.
Old 2007-05-14, 18:57   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
sounds like you got your facts wrong. Game still has the Chopin theme, wasn't a great theme to begin with, but it's still in there.

meant the Chopin story theme, not his music selection in the game--which is good.
Well time to beat up on my lying friend again for feeding me faulty info. Honestly though I'd like to know what the bigger draw is for people, Chopin's music and the rest of the game (95-99% of the content) or the fact that Aya Hirano is doing Polka's voice (1-5% of the content). Considering I've heard people are going to boycott the game over on Gamefaqs and beyond if they don't have dual audio, I'm wondering what's really important to people, the game or her.
Old 2007-05-14, 19:15   Link #14
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well time to beat up on my lying friend again for feeding me faulty info. Honestly though I'd like to know what the bigger draw is for people, Chopin's music and the rest of the game (95-99% of the content) or the fact that Aya Hirano is doing Polka's voice (1-5% of the content). Considering I've heard people are going to boycott the game over on Gamefaqs and beyond if they don't have dual audio, I'm wondering what's really important to people, the game or her.
Don't need to go and do that now Maybe he meant something else by his comment :P Also, it will have dual audio, both Japanese and English voices. 1UP.Com mentioned it in their latest preview for the game few weeks back.

as for Hirano, no idea who she is. So can't say I'm one of them who was drawn to the game for her

As for my draw,
1. Tri-Crescendo is developing it
2. Music, Chopin's selection and also Motori Sakuraba's.
3. I need JRPGs to play on my 360
Old 2007-05-14, 19:56   Link #15
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Don't need to go and do that now Maybe he meant something else by his comment :P Also, it will have dual audio, both Japanese and English voices. 1UP.Com mentioned it in their latest preview for the game few weeks back.

as for Hirano, no idea who she is. So can't say I'm one of them who was drawn to the game for her

As for my draw,
1. Tri-Crescendo is developing it
2. Music, Chopin's selection and also Motori Sakuraba's.
3. I need JRPGs to play on my 360
So Chopin and the incredible Synth Master Sakuraba eh. Holy Crap!

Aya Hirano is the one who did the voice of Suzumiya Haruhi and as such is treated like royalty among otaku everywhere. People can be found referring to her as their goddess just about anywhere and any slight against her WILL start a flame war unless the people involved are cool-headed individuals, which most otaku I'm sad to say aren't. Thus, her being in this game is about as big a draw as anything could be. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if more people knew who she was in relation to the voice acting than who Chopin is in relation to the character of the same name.

Let me put it this way, if you've ever played SD Gundam G Generation F there is a slot on all battleships to put a Guest character in. This will give you a boost to the range of the ships field of positive status effects, and the highest ranked ones give a bonus of 15, which is about a 10th of the maps squares (It's a strategy game). Picture that range being this games sphere of influence among otakus, okay, now if Aya Hirano were the Guest on that ship the boosted range of postive status would be the range of the scenario map or this case the games sphere of influence.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-14 at 20:36.
Old 2007-05-14, 21:17   Link #16
asgiov

Well.. I'm not playing the game SOLELY for Hirano Aya..
But I really like her.
I'm more than sure it'll comprised more than 1-5% of all the spoken dialogue too..
in the trailer i downloaded off the marketplace her character was shown the most and had the most spoken dialogue.
I don't think she is the main character per say.. but main herione for sure ^^

I can totally understand other people not giving a crap about her..
but as for me... yeah.. I REALLY wanna hear her voice in it.

The game is great too though yeah.. I'd buy it either way.
asgiov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 22:31   Link #17
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgiov View Post
Well.. I'm not playing the game SOLELY for Hirano Aya..
But I really like her.
I'm more than sure it'll comprised more than 1-5% of all the spoken dialogue too..
in the trailer i downloaded off the marketplace her character was shown the most and had the most spoken dialogue.
I don't think she is the main character per say.. but main herione for sure ^^

I can totally understand other people not giving a crap about her..
but as for me... yeah.. I REALLY wanna hear her voice in it.

The game is great too though yeah.. I'd buy it either way.
I meant total content, basically how much of the disc is devoted to her voice only.

If you pop the disc into your computer (You need a DVD drive) you can see the size of each individual component of the game. The DATA module, which contains all the scenario data and is almost always the biggest, then barring everything being crammed into the DATA module, you'll have your header for booting the game (Always), your ID file that is used to display info in the consoles BIOS screen(always), and then possibly FMV's, BGM Audio and XM audio and whatever else is necessary for the game's engine. Your looking for the XA Audio, which is the voice acting. Take that and compare it as a ratio of the game and you can find your range of how much content someone's voice could potentially take up.
Old 2007-05-15, 01:21   Link #18
Spike420

Well from what ive seen of the demo so far the english voices are okay...but it does have duel audio seems all new gen rpgs have it.

And is there any item creation in this game does any one know?

O ya does any one know wich rpgs comeing out first this blue dragon or mass effect?

And whos Hirano Aya ive whatched anime since i was like 9 and i never heard of her ^_^

Old 2007-05-15, 01:45   Link #19
Lebron
I hear voices

Well as it stands now, Blue Dragon is due out in August, while Eternal Sonata is of course out in September. As for Mass Effect, Bioware hasn't given an official release date, so who knows. Rumors seem to be around July-September
Old 2007-05-15, 10:57   Link #20
StrawHatLuffy23

I liked the demo. Colorful world and fun combat. Only bad thing was that you couldn't move the camera around during battles to see where the enemies are, so you ended up wasting your action time looking for them. Anyone else find this as a problem?

The english voices seem better then most rpgs I've played, but I can't really tell because there wasn't any voiced dialogue, just battle voices.

I heard about this game a while ago and wasn't really too interested, but after playing the demo I can't wait til it comes out.
Also does anyone know what other JRPGs are coming out for 360 other then Blue Dragon, Lost Oddessey, and The Last Remnant? There are some other ones but i don't think they'll be coming to US
StrawHatLuffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote