AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-14, 21:11   Link #1
Yellowflash221
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The ghetto. Where all niggers live.
[Manga] Prodigy of The Land of Lightning

So far 4 of the 5 Great Contries and Great shinobi villages are represented within Akatsuki.
Itachi/Orochimaru-Land of Fire/Konahagakure
Sasori-Land of Wind/Sunagakure
Deidara-Land of Earth/Iwagakure
Kisame-Land of Water/Kirigakure

Those are the members and which one of the 5 Great Countries/Great Shinobi village they represent. Notice there is only 4 of the 5 Great Countries/Great Shinobi represented.
What happened to the Land of Lightning/Kumogakure? Was there no shinobi strong enough to join Akatsuki from the Land of Lightning?
I think they already have a shinobi from the Land of Lightning. AL, Tobi, and the Blue Haired akatsuki are the only ones left who could be from the Land of Lightning.
The most likely one to be from the Land of Lightning would be Tobi. My reason for choosing Tobi is because in Kakashi Gaiden Yondaime says that Kakashi shouldn't use the Raikiri because he can't see while moving at such a speed.
Spoiler for Kakashi Gaiden:


Now look at this:
Spoiler for Manga Spoiler:


Notice that Tobi only has one hole in his mask. Using only one eye gives Tobi better focus on the target allowing him to use lightning jutsus such as the Raikiri more efficiently. There is also the possiility that Tobi has a bloodline that helps him use high speed lightning jutsus more effeciently.

Next thing I want to point out is the bolts in Tobi's Akatsuki uniform. Notice the Bolts run along his arm. If Tobi posesses lightning jutsus stronger than the Raikiri then those jutsus might cause harm to his body but more specifically his arm. The bolts on Tobi's arms are there to prevent or reduce the damage his lightning jutsus do to his hand. Using a powerful lighning jutsu would put a lot of strain on his hand. The bolts are most likely connected to Tobi's body to reduce the strain of his jutsus and keep his arm intact while using his lightning jutsus.

Now the last piece of evidence:
Spoiler for Spoiler from manga:


Here Tobi is running away from the three-tailed beast. He's pretty fast to be able to outspeed a tailed beast. Also note the three-tails seems to be more adept to water. Tobi being able to outspeed it in water shows he is very fast. From this you can see that Tobi has the speed to use lightning jutsus such as Raikiri.

My conclusion is that Tobi is from the Land of Lightning and he has the ability to use lightning jutsus that require speed such as Raikiri and Chidori.

What do you think?
Yellowflash221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 21:17   Link #2
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
So in other words, your only evidence that Tobi is from the land of lightning is that he "appears" like he has speed in that last photograph?

If you want to suggest that he might have Sharingan, (the Obito theory), you might also want to consider the fact that Uchiha clan's home is in Land of Fire (Konoha).
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 21:28   Link #3
Yellowflash221
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The ghetto. Where all niggers live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
So in other words, your only evidence that Tobi is from the land of lightning is that he "appears" like he has speed in that last photograph?

If you want to suggest that he might have Sharingan, (the Obito theory), you might also want to consider the fact that Uchiha clan's home is in Land of Fire (Konoha).
I didn't say he has sharingan. I said he may have a bloodine or the hole is for more accuracy. I'm not reffering to the sharingan specifically.

The bolts on his arm also count as evidence towards him being from the land of lightning and the fact that akatsuki has a shinobi from the other main villages except the land of lightning so far.
Yellowflash221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 21:34   Link #4
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
what do bolts have to do with lightning ?

Just because the other Akatsuki's are from the other villages doesn't neccessarily mean he's from Lightning. Considering, the leader is probably from Konoha. That would make 2 people in akatsuki from Konoha, 3 overall.

Tobi is 99.98% chance of being Obito...
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 21:36   Link #5
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
So to summarize, your theory is banking on an unknown speed potential and spike art in his clothing that resembles the other akatsuki.

It is somewhat weak at the moment.
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 21:42   Link #6
Yellowflash221
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The ghetto. Where all niggers live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
So to summarize, your theory is banking on an unknown speed potential and spike art in his clothing that resembles the other akatsuki.

It is somewhat weak at the moment.
None of the other akatsuki have bolts in their clothes. Only Tobi has the bolts and it's obviously there for a reason.
Yellowflash221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 21:44   Link #7
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash221 View Post
None of the other akatsuki have bolts in their clothes. Only Tobi has the bolts and it's obviously there for a reason.
noo he just puts bolts in himself for no reason.
That still doesn't mean he has them in there for that reason. It only proves further that Tobi is most likely Obito.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 22:19   Link #8
edup
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
what the hell is obito ?

Edited

I know now
edup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 00:51   Link #9
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
noo he just puts bolts in himself for no reason.
That still doesn't mean he has them in there for that reason. It only proves further that Tobi is most likely Obito.
wasn't it the left eye that kakashi got from obito? and the hole is on the right side of the mask.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 01:01   Link #10
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
I might have to re-check i dunno...shit happens? lol

Either way if Tobi isn't Obito, there's a real problem there.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 01:19   Link #11
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Age: 31
*twitch* Can we please not turn this into another "TOBI IS OBITO OMGWTF!!!!!11" thread? Granted, the Lightning Prodigy thing isn't the most well founded theory...but at least it's original. Tobito has been done to death...can we please, please keep it in the already established Tobito thread?

That being said, I'll move along...

I don't know about the whole bolts thing...those may just be some strange adornment that Tobi has...he's not the first person to have a strange outfit. I really can't comment either way, though...seeing as how we haven't seen all that much of what Tobi is capable of.
__________________
"The story you're about to hear is true...and by true, I mean false. It's all lies, but they're entertaining lies...and in the end isn't that the real truth? The answer is no."
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 03:18   Link #12
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 8
To the original poster :

In one of the 'spoilers' you have a scene with Obito. If you assume Tobi is Obito then your argument is false because the specific bloodline Obito has is Uchiha which is fire based.

Therefore only 2 of your points stand and in order to be correct you say that Tobi is not Obito. The bolts...nothing to do with lightning i think...All in all i think it is a very weak argument but who knows..maybe you are right..after all some people post tengu theories and think are right...

everything is (im)possible
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 05:39   Link #13
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Obito's left eye are belong to Kakakashi.
(but Tobi's eye-hole is on the right anyway)


--------------------------------------------
His right eye is crushed.. as well with half his body.
Tobi isn't Obito.. he's a teaser.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 06:13   Link #14
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash221 View Post
I didn't say he has sharingan. I said he may have a bloodine or the hole is for more accuracy. I'm not reffering to the sharingan specifically.

The bolts on his arm also count as evidence towards him being from the land of lightning and the fact that akatsuki has a shinobi from the other main villages except the land of lightning so far.
The fact that you claim that Tobi is Obito means you've already mentioned he has a bloodline (Uchiha) and probably has a Sharingan unless he switched his brains and eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash221 View Post
None of the other akatsuki have bolts in their clothes. Only Tobi has the bolts and it's obviously there for a reason.
Please show me these bolts...i dont know if you've realised but they all wear the same cloathing above their old clothes. They all have the same Akatsuki cloathes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Obito's left eye are belong to Kakakashi.
(but Tobi's eye-hole is on the right anyway)


--------------------------------------------
His right eye is crushed.. as well with half his body.
Tobi isn't Obito.. he's a teaser.
I agree...
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 17:50   Link #15
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash221 View Post
The most likely one to be from the Land of Lightning would be Tobi. My reason for choosing Tobi is because in Kakashi Gaiden Yondaime says that Kakashi shouldn't use the Raikiri because he can't see while moving at such a speed.
...
...
Notice that Tobi only has one hole in his mask. Using only one eye gives Tobi better focus on the target allowing him to use lightning jutsus such as the Raikiri more efficiently. There is also the possiility that Tobi has a bloodline that helps him use high speed lightning jutsus more effeciently.
Doesn't seeing out of only one eye mean you lack depth perception, which would likely make the problem worse?
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 18:18   Link #16
reloaded
skywalker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
It's a nice change from the plain Tobi is Obito theory I admit I did like the idea it was something new. There isnt enough evidence though but it is likely that a lightning nin is present since we have yet to see a lightning specialist in Akatsuki. In forming a powerful group it would make sense to have each member specialised in different fields or elements which would lead to a strong squad.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 18:39   Link #17
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sunset Park Neighborhood, Brooklyn, Newyork.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
It's is as Raikage says, having one eye to look from doesn’t make it better, in fact it makes it 10 x worst. You are having to adjust your self over and over, here is an example: close your left eye, then point your finger at a target on the wall, now close your right eye at the same time opening your left eye, your finger is no where near the target in fact its pretty far off. Eyes focus by using near or far, by using frames per second, a good example is a movie to us would look like a slide show to an eagle, the reason birds can fly at high speeds and not smack in to a mountain is because they see things in an insane amount of frames way more then that of a human.

Another little fact, people cant actually see using their peripheral vision you know that thing "with the corner of your eye" no one actually sees anything from there, it is actually memory, your brain processes it when something is misplaced or moves out of place in that memory its almost like it refreshes instantly (like a web page) causing it to seem that way.

None the less, speed and one eye hole has nothing to do with lightning, there are allot of people in Naruto verse who are fast, but does not use lightning attacks. If you were to apply bolts it could work both way's, if indeed Tobi had lightning attacks the bolt could work as a double edged sword, bolts are conductors depending on what they are made of, and the electricity would really never leave his body it would just be conducted by the bolts which could cause him serious harm unless he had a way of storing it on to the bolts then releasing it outward.

However, surprisingly I've never noticed those bolts or I forgot about them, now that you pointed them out again. It makes me wonder if Tobi has bolts on the other side of his cloth / body, it also makes me wonder how deep it goes. The bolts would make more sense if Tobi was Otobi and the bolts were holding half his body in place, they didn’t just dig in to his armor but was attached to his limbs (half his crushed body) along with his armor, which is some how connected to his chakra allowing him to move. However, that’s just a theory if we could see the other side of his body (which we cant any more cause now he is sports the Akatsuki cloak, but yea in terms of bolts applying it to Tobi = Otobi theory seems allot more applicable then yours.

Now in terms if "Prodigy of The Land of Lightning" you could be right, there is most likely a possibility some one from Kumogakure is in Akatsuki, however I feel its not Tobi.
__________________

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-05-15 at 19:10.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 19:06   Link #18
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
I think having a lightning nin would be awesome, but I don't think we know enough to say Tobi can use lightning attacks. I do think that a person from the lightning country seems plausable as they did attempt to get the byakugan and appears to have a history with Konoha that's not exactly on the best of terms...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 21:24   Link #19
FireDetei
Online Gamer.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I dunno, it seems the bolts seem to be part of his body, rather than parts of clothing. Using bolts to hold the pieces of lets say, a puppet type body? I mean, not like a full bodied puppet but parts, similar to Edward from FMA....which would push towards the orbito theory

Then again that could be armour, inwhich case its not. The image isnt exactly fantasicly clear as to what it is, all black ftl :P
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 00:51   Link #20
baalthaczaar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
cmon guys, cut him some slack. at least its an orginal theory.

maybe the eyehole means that he's a long range nin, like a sniper-type jutsus. hahaha.

the bolts could be connected to the lightning jutsu, maybe it acts as a lightning rod kind of device to guide the electricity.

or maybe it is some sort of bionic arm - an addition to the sniper mask thingy-magigy-theory. (it turns to a sniping rifle kind of thing...)
__________________
I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK!!!
baalthaczaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.