AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-17, 00:58   Link #21
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Another little fact, people cant actually see using their peripheral vision you know that thing "with the corner of your eye" no one actually sees anything from there, it is actually memory, your brain processes it when something is misplaced or moves out of place in that memory its almost like it refreshes instantly (like a web page) causing it to seem that way.
Despite the fact tht you have about 120 degrees vision if not more, meaning you can see stuff not stright ahed of you without focusing on it intentionally?
__________________


Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 03:52   Link #22
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sunset Park Neighborhood, Brooklyn, Newyork.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS View Post
Despite the fact tht you have about 120 degrees vision if not more, meaning you can see stuff not stright ahed of you without focusing on it intentionally?
Of course, I don’t know about you but my field of view is 180 degrees most humans are. With in these 180 degrees there are three sections, "Far peripheral" vision which exists at the edges of the field of view, "mid-peripheral" vision exists in the middle of the field of view, and "near-peripheral", sometimes referred to as "Para central", exists adjacent to the center of gaze. (and yes it is possible to lose your peripheral vision)

None the less, if you want to strengthen that view, here’s a good place that has a good exercise Link
__________________

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-05-17 at 04:35.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 08:18   Link #23
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
"Far peripheral" vision which exists at the edges of the field of view, "mid-peripheral" vision exists in the middle of the field of view, and "near-peripheral", sometimes referred to as "Para central", exists adjacent to the center of gaze.
Congrats, you can copy/paste from Wikipedia...I like doing that myself:

"Peripheral vision is weaker in humans, compared with other animals, especially at distinguishing color and shape. This is because the density of receptor cells on the retina is greatest at the center and lowest at the edges (see visual system for an explanation of these concepts). In addition, there are two types of receptor cells, rod cells and cone cells; rod cells are unable to distinguish color and are predominant at the periphery, while cone cells are concentrated mostly in the center of the retina (the macula).

Peripheral vision is good at detecting motion (a feature of rod cells), and is relatively strong at night or in the dark, when the lack of color cues and lighting makes cone cells far less useful. This makes it useful for avoiding predators, who tend to hunt at night and may attack unexpectedly."


So pointing out the fact that there are different fields of vision doesn't change the fact your statement about peripheral vision not actually being vision is completely untrue. It's not as developed as our other forms of vision, but you can indeed see things (especially motion) in your periphery.

...oh, and while 180 degrees (90 degrees from the nose for each eye) is approximately the standard, it's not uncommon to have vision reduction of verying degrees...for instance, in the UK you need a minimum of 60 degree visual range from the nose on each eye (making for a total visual field of 120 degrees at the minimum)...aren't wikis fun?
__________________
"The story you're about to hear is true...and by true, I mean false. It's all lies, but they're entertaining lies...and in the end isn't that the real truth? The answer is no."
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 09:43   Link #24
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sunset Park Neighborhood, Brooklyn, Newyork.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
Congrats, you can copy/paste from Wikipedia...I like doing that myself:
Congratulations to you, on googling my typing and finding it on wiki. I don’t see what your point is, no where in my post did I ever claim, I didn’t get the information from wiki. What would you like me to place a reference at the bottom of every post for every piece of information I place on this form? Should I also type out for you what book taught me why birds don’t crash in to mountains while flying at high speeds, and who wrote it? Oh wait I can't because it was back when I was still in J.R High school.

I don’t know what your goal was here or your point, however if it was to make me look stupid you definitely failed at it. It does not require a genius to google what I typed and know its from Wiki, If I wanted to make it seem like it wasn’t from Wiki, don’t you think I would have worded everything differently? I just figured since Mobius was interested in it, instead of trying to explain it in my own words I would get something more professional. So, If I was challenged as to where is the proof? or Where did you pick this information up from? Then I could answer by stating, my reference is wiki. I even went as far as to search the net, for a game that helped strengthen peripheral view because Mobius was interested, no he dident ask me but I figured it would be a nice gesture and give him a good idea of how it works. Oh wait, but since I dident create the game my self, and got it off the internet just like I got the information from wiki I guess I had no right to post it right? *Sarcasm*

So you ask why go through all that when I could have explained it in my own words? because a debate is like a game of chess, you always have to think a few steps ahead and play out simulations so by using information from Wiki, I set it up in a way that if I was challenged my next move would be check mate. Every piece of information, doesn’t matter if its simple or complex derives from someplace, fact is anything you know came from some where, some one, some place, or sometime. So congrats on pointing out the obvious, and making your self look like an total ass.

Also, for future reference try reading some ones post thoroughly,

"Another little fact, people cant actually see using their peripheral vision you know that thing "with the corner of your eye" no one actually sees anything from there, it is actually memory, your brain processes it when something is misplaced or moves out of place in that memory its almost like it refreshes instantly (like a web page) causing it to seem that way."

Meaning, if you tried to use your peripheral vision to see out of the corner of your eye whatever you see PAST the edge of field of view, past the "Far peripheral" is not really vision, its memory.

Ok, thanks.

Quote:
...oh, and while 180 degrees (90 degrees from the nose for each eye) is approximately the standard, it's not uncommon to have vision reduction of verying degrees...for instance, in the UK you need a minimum of 60 degree visual range from the nose on each eye (making for a total visual field of 120 degrees at the minimum)...aren't wikis fun?
No shit sherlock, you don’t even have to google to know that a straight line is 180 degree angle and half of that is 90. I said to Mobius "I don’t know about you, but mine is 180, most humans are" Never claimed 120 didn't exist, I even said its possible to lose your peripheral vision. However, this is getting off topic and I hate wasting my time on people like you.
__________________

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-05-21 at 12:08.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 10:49   Link #25
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 36
As Raikage said, one eye gives you less perception on things, and not having more focus as you stated.

An Important note is that a powerful raiton jutsu doesn’t necessarily needs speed to be powerful, only Kakashi's Jutsus Raikiri and Chidory, needs such speed because of how the Jutsu Operates. Note that Yondaime only mentioned the speed and concentrated power in one point, he doesn’t make it to be something specific to Raiton. Not to mention making another Shinoby doing a Lighting Jutsu that works and Looks like Chidory, but it isn’t Chidory, it would be un-original and a rip-off of Kakashi.

It could be possible thre is a Shinoby from the land of Lighting, hidden village of Cloud in Akatsuki and that is a prodigy, but I doubt it is Tobi, because of these reasons:

A) Tobi has not been shown to be a prodigy; he is a Nartuo with black hair and a Mask.

B) Tobi recently joined the Akatsuki, I doubt if there is a Shinoby from the Village of Cloud, he just recently joined the team.

About the bolts, that have been a running gag amongst people that create fanfic and theories, some say because this is Obito, this bolts serve to support his Crushed body; this one you used is new to me; but right now, the meaning of those “bolts” have the same meaning as the blue haired Akatsuki persons flower in the Hair, a fashion cry.

And the fact that Tobi was outrunning the 3 tails was made as a Comic relief, that wasn’t made with the intension of Showing off real speed, not to mention we don’t know how fast was the 3 tails. Nice try YF221, but this is highly unlikely. BTW, a friendly note, posting Scanlated and translated pages of a Licencsed material is against Forum rules.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 10:59   Link #26
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sunset Park Neighborhood, Brooklyn, Newyork.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
It could be possible thre is a Shinoby from the land of Lighting, hidden village of Cloud in Akatsuki and that is a prodigy
Heh, yep yep!

It would only make sense, I mean there is already 4 people who represent 4 of the 5 great countries so what’s to say the 5th one doesn’t exist. My speculation is, the unknown member is from the cloud haha why? Just a personal opinion, her hair is blue.. its a girl.. she seems cloudy. XD W/E that means .
__________________
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 11:24   Link #27
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Heh, yep yep!

It would only make sense, I mean there is already 4 people who represent 4 of the 5 great countries so what’s to say the 5th one doesn’t exist. My speculation is, the unknown member is from the cloud haha why? Just a personal opinion, her hair is blue.. its a girl.. she seems cloudy. XD W/E that means .
lol Well, I just keep thinking of an Old series called Saint Seiya were there was a Character that had Blue Hair, had a rose, a mole and lipstick and was a male (don’t even ask about his vanity).
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 12:06   Link #28
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sunset Park Neighborhood, Brooklyn, Newyork.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
lol Well, I just keep thinking of an Old series called Saint Seiya were there was a Character that had Blue Hair, had a rose, a mole and lipstick and was a male (don’t even ask about his vanity).
Yikes, are you suggesting that the unknown member could possibly be male? I wouldn’t be surprised at all! Example: Deidara, Haku. Heck at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if the unknown member was the real Akatsuki Leader and the current person who is the supposed "AL" is actually working under orders. Hence we never really learned Akatsuki's true goal. (Wild speculation)
__________________
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 14:40   Link #29
othafa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
A) Tobi has not been shown to be a prodigy; he is a Nartuo with black hair and a Mask.
Thats why I originally thought that Tobi was Jiraiya, because his personality used to be very similar to that of Naruto, and it would make for a really cool alter ego to just fall back on how you used to act. However, since the most recent chapter finally showed them both in two different places at the same time, I guess I'll finally join the crowd and say that Tobi is Obito. Its just too obvious that way, so it wasn't very fun to think that.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 01:25   Link #30
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Also, for future reference try reading some ones post thoroughly,

"Another little fact, people cant actually see using their peripheral vision you know that thing "with the corner of your eye" no one actually sees anything from there, it is actually memory, your brain processes it when something is misplaced or moves out of place in that memory its almost like it refreshes instantly (like a web page) causing it to seem that way."
Googling it wasn't needed, it was staring me right in the face when I went to the page. I wasn't knocking the fact that you were using a wiki, I was knocking the fact that you were so blatantly incorrect even with the information practically screaming at you from the page...that and the fact that you completely ignored what he had said and went on to post the different fields of periphery without any regard to the question he posed you. And, no, it's not all memory...it's an actual form of vision. Your whole "memory/webpage sight" is completely unfounded. Yes, it's harder to see things clearly, and your vision in periphery can fail you especially in matters of color or shape due to the lack of cone cells at the periphery. If you see something "out of the corner of your eye" you are actually seeing it...you're not seeing it very well, but you're seeing it. Which is why you can "see things out the corner of your eye" that you have never seen before (such as a sudden movement)...if it were memory, you wouldn't be seeing it (unless, of course, you were suffering from delirium...in which case it wouldn't be real anyway)

I like the fact that you're making chess references and setting people up for checkmate by deliberately using wikipedia (surely, a strategy worthy of Fischer himself) when you completely ignored the question posed to you by MobiuS by posting information that had little or nothing to do with the fact that you actually see in your peripheral vision. Congrats, you can name the different fields of vision...or copy/paste them...doesn't change the fact that the same page you pulled that information off of goes on to say that you can bloody-well see in your far-peripheral, but with limited shape and color distinction. So, you can go ahead and call me an ass all you like, I'm not bothered in the slightest, but it doesn't change the fact that you're incorrect.

Oh, and for someone who hates "wasting time" on people like me, you sure did have enough time to write a big long bitching about it...and then come back and fine tune it later. But, hey, maybe you just wanted to correct some punctuation or something; you know, keep up appearances and what not.

Toodles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
lol Well, I just keep thinking of an Old series called Saint Seiya were there was a Character that had Blue Hair, had a rose, a mole and lipstick and was a male (don’t even ask about his vanity).
You know, I've been thinking s/he is going to turn out to be a guy...the only thing that gives me pause is the fact that every ninja group I can think of (with the exception of no-names and Kabuto's team during the exams) has a girl. Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it's a guy.

Back to Tobi...yeah, he hasn't been shown to do a whole hell of a lot, so we can't honestly say what he's about. I'm guessing Rurik is right about the bolts simply being a fashion statement, but I'm not going to rule anything out until we see him actually do something other than run away or get brutalized by Deidara.
__________________
"The story you're about to hear is true...and by true, I mean false. It's all lies, but they're entertaining lies...and in the end isn't that the real truth? The answer is no."

Last edited by Hentai Guy; 2007-05-22 at 01:32. Reason: Throwing in a reply to Rurik
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 02:17   Link #31
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sunset Park Neighborhood, Brooklyn, Newyork.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
I wasn't knocking the fact that you were using a wiki
I am actually pretty amazed at how much back peddling you can do, why don’t you just give it up? You have the nerve to say you weren’t "knocking" the fact that I was using a Wiki? Who are you trying to convince here? Me, the readers, or your self? Any idiot can read your original post and know that you were attempting to "knock" at the fact that I used a wiki, and make me look stupid. Your original intention failed horribly, and now your back peddling.

Quote:
And, no, it's not all memory...it's an actual form of vision.
I find it funny how you, yourself just stated its not all memory meaning just parts of it is. Your either slow, or once again trying to back peddle your way out of what you claimed earlier. Obviously in order to have memory of something, you need to see that something first. I said if you use your peripheral vision to try and see out of the corner of your eye, anything you see past the edge of field view is something you saw previously that is still in your memory.

Quote:
when you completely ignored the question posed to you by MobiuS by posting information that had little or nothing to do with the fact that you actually see in your peripheral vision.
Once again, I never once claimed you couldn’t see using your peripheral vision, I said past the edge of field view, the edge of field view is the "Far Peripheral Vision" anything past that edge has no vision, period.

MobiuS posted this "Despite the fact that you have about 120 degrees vision if not more, meaning you can see stuff not straight ahead of you without focusing on it intentionally?"

There is a question mark at the end, hence I answered his question of "You can see stuff not straight ahead of you without focusing on it intentionally?" by giving him information how peripheral vision works, and you don’t have to focus on something intentionally. So I'm not sure how I ignored the question, unless MobiuS was being sarcastic, however I stated clearly that people can see something without focusing on it or even looking at it directly, so I saw no need for MobiuS to use sarcasm.

Quote:
Oh, and for someone who hates "wasting time" on people like me, you sure did have enough time to write a big long bitching about it...and then come back and fine tune it later. But, hey, maybe you just wanted to correct some punctuation or something; you know, keep up appearances and what not.

Toodles!
I do hate wasting my time on people like you, however I couldn’t just sit back and not defend my self. I swore to my self that if you made another post I wouldn’t bother responding however I see now that this needs to be said, you either intentionally ignore the bolded / underlined items or have a seriously problem in terms of reading comprehension.

Since the reason I went back and edited my post was to highlight some words by bolding and underlining them, in an attempt to help your reading ability because you obviously do not take the time to read some one's post thoroughly. However I realize now it didn’t help. Farther more, lets do a favor to the people of the board and stop posting this garbage, this will be my last post regarding this matter. If you have something to say to me, send it to me in a PM and I will gladly reply.

However I don’t see that happening, because obviously that was not your original goal was it. If it was then I think you would have sent me a PM right from the beginning. However, considering your name and childish behavior you have displayed here, not to mention tons of back peddling by denying things like you weren’t “Knocking” at the fact I used a wiki. Don’t expect anyone to take you seriously, especially not me.

Oh yea, “Toodles” and “Cheerio” to you, and what not.

P.S. Guys I would like to apologies for getting off topic once again.
__________________
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 06:06   Link #32
ragnos007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I think that the Ataksuki member with the blue head wear hails from the land of lightning dont ask me why i just think that if anyone comes from there its probably that person
ragnos007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 06:17   Link #33
amOKchen
duel me
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Denmark
Age: 29
I love it when he is clumsy and drops the ring.
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 06:21   Link #34
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
So.. he's lightning, but he can dig through earth like nothing. How about renaming this the "Prodigy of the Rock country" or whatever it's called.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 13:27   Link #35
MobiuS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
No shit sherlock, you don’t even have to google to know that a straight line is 180 degree angle and half of that is 90. I said to Mobius "I don’t know about you, but mine is 180, most humans are" Never claimed 120 didn't exist, I even said its possible to lose your peripheral vision. However, this is getting off topic and I hate wasting my time on people like you.
Your eyes can focus on an object 180 degrees in your line of sight? Impressive!
120 is about the max focus range for most people. -_-
__________________


Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.