AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 72 47.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 38.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 9.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.66%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-16, 03:45   Link #21
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

I mean ... I was thinking about it a bit. Isn't it basically unfair to withhold top ratings to those episodes which you know will have the biggest impact?

This episode delivered everything you'd want for a top-rating. So I guess I retroactively change my vote to 10, even though I technically can't.
Old 2007-05-16, 03:54   Link #22
Mandrake

Small detail but, did anyone catch the familiar sound when Ilena released her youki in the end of the episode?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-16, 08:20   Link #23
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
Small detail but, did anyone catch the familiar sound when Ilena released her youki in the end of the episode?

Spoiler:
Yes and I also noticed in
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2007-05-16, 09:18   Link #24
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post

Spoiler:
All that was missing was for her to say:

Spoiler:

BTW, are these really even spoilers...?

Manga Blog: Manga Mosaic
Old 2007-05-16, 10:34   Link #25
StrawHatLuffy23

The sub is out now.
Old 2007-05-16, 11:51   Link #26
Mez

another very enjoyable episode, animation quality seemed to be better than usual too, and teresa is getting more and more awesome with each episode.
Old 2007-05-16, 12:03   Link #27
Kouvley

Wow, this episode was outstanding.

Loved the introduction of numbers 2-5. I found them all to be quite likeable so hopefully there won't be any casualties next ep although knowing that Claire becomes a Claymore eventually, I don't think it would be that far off the mark to assume Teressa "loses" this battle.
Old 2007-05-16, 13:56   Link #28
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouvley View Post
Wow, this episode was outstanding.

Loved the introduction of numbers 2-5. I found them all to be quite likeable so hopefully there won't be any casualties next ep although knowing that Claire becomes a Claymore eventually, I don't think it would be that far off the mark to assume Teressa "loses" this battle.
but not without taking down numbers 2-5 along with her to hell first (but ofc teresa is going to heaven )

rewatching this ep again its clear as to why teresa is so strong...her ability to sense the yoki means she is able to predict the moves of her enemy...genius!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-16, 14:26   Link #29
HinaThePrince

Awesome episode. The animation kind of sucked, but it got SO beautiful and powerful during the fighting scenes that I don't care. I mean, I almost felt like I was going to get blown away myself! Teresa and Clare's interaction was as adorable as ever. Man, I forgot they were THIS happy together. D:

The seiyuu choices for everyone were awesome. Ilene, have my babies. ;-; I'd really like to know more about Ilene and Teresa's past, since they seemed like they were friends, but I doubt I'll get to. Shame.
Old 2007-05-16, 14:27   Link #30
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
This episode was great. I was amazed at how well they animated everything in this episode. Cannot wait till next week >.< its almost like waiting for the next volume of the manga, but atleast the wait is shorter
Yes, I'm feeling the same.
I finished watching 5 minutes ago and I'm already in withdrawal
Old 2007-05-16, 14:56   Link #31
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I mean ... I was thinking about it a bit. Isn't it basically unfair to withhold top ratings to those episodes which you know will have the biggest impact?

This episode delivered everything you'd want for a top-rating. So I guess I retroactively change my vote to 10, even though I technically can't.
After thinking about it bit. I am going with agree. If a ep derserve a 10 then a 10 it should have. Just becuase the next ep might be better doesn't meant it shouldn't get a 10 if it derserve it.

So perfect 10 form me for this Ep.
Old 2007-05-16, 15:33   Link #32
Mandrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabitzin View Post
All that was missing was for her to say:

Spoiler:

BTW, are these really even spoilers...?

nah, but I didn't reveal it immediatly ...if someone wanted to go check before reading the spoiler
Old 2007-05-16, 15:53   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
So perfect 10 form me for this Ep.
Have to agree.

Outstanding episode. The whole of this arc has not let me down at all, still carrying on this epic story. I couldn't believe the level of animation shown in the fight scenes in this episode, Madhouse went OVER THE TOP and beyond with this one.

Have to hate that cliffhanger, though its the best thing to do --- just like two parts to the fight. Can't wait for next week.
Old 2007-05-16, 15:58   Link #34
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
the fight scene was intense for me... and too fast O_O

Im gonna bet the next episode will gonna be a sad one
Old 2007-05-16, 18:07   Link #35
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Wow i was VERY impress with this episode the amount of effort the anime team put into it, normally you don't get this kind of effects until late in the anime series, lets hope that they haven't blown there budget, becuase i would love to see more of this quality

i give it an 9/10 (10 would be something very special)
Old 2007-05-16, 18:30   Link #36
Grey

Well, well. This episode was thoroughly awesome.

I liked the yoma voices in general--although I must say the creatures couldn't fight worth beans (what on earth were those two doing jumping at Ilena?). The top five Claymores, on the other hand, are true monsters in combat. The style they used to show Ilena's quicksword is something I appreciated.

When the four Claymores release their yoma power at the end, it seemed like they were made especially more intimidating (i.e. demonic and dangerous) than usual. Good stuff.

I'll save the super high scores for other episodes, though.

Last edited by Grey; 2007-05-17 at 09:23. Reason: typo
Old 2007-05-16, 18:42   Link #37
Guido

Scene 07 - Marked for Death

This has to be now for me the coolest episode so far I have seen.

Teresa is a "black" goddess that owns and pawns everyone, that's a granted. Priscilla is just the heck on the same league to Teresa, but she's still too naive and all white-black, kind of bugging with her friend-of-justice speeches. Teresa works perfectly in her role, because she's in the grey zone and that makes her balanced personality wise.

The more I witness all the clanking, clashing swords and freakish-monster power auras unleashing, the more I come to think that Claymore = Berserk + DBZ.

Or maybe this is more like Berserk gone DBZ, and pretty ironic that I making comparisons to DBZ since the hybrids go ape-shit, Super Saiyan-esque when changing eye colors and releasing their youki aura.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2007-05-17 at 05:52.
Old 2007-05-16, 20:40   Link #38
superzombie23

This episode is definitely worth a 9-9.5/10. Very good animation and very faithful to the manga. Couldn't ask any more from this episode.
Old 2007-05-16, 21:08   Link #39
Archmagination2002

This episode is awsome.. the next episode should be even better though. I actually think that Priscilla releasing her power Yoma power will put her at a disadvantage. Teresa's special ability is reading the flow of Yoma power, but she had a hard time with Priscilla because of that.. now with Priscilla releasing her power makes it much easier for Teresa to face her. Think about how much harder it would be for Teresa to face a Priscilla she couldn't read and 3 who she could.. instead she will face 4 she can read easily.
Old 2007-05-16, 21:46   Link #40
Azure King
Snr Spammer

i wounder if Teresa will go SS2 ... opps i mean, will use her Yoma powers too
Closed Thread