AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2009-09-15, 01:13   Link #461
passin'gass
Cropduster

@Direwolf18
There's still one ex-Maiden unaccounted for...

Chap53
On page 16, was the mom....smiling or smirking? The hidden eyes gotta mean something she did bow from a distance.

Spoiler:
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 07:13   Link #462
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Spoiler for Chapter 53:
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 09:54   Link #463
Beo
where's the snow?

Not a smirk, its the shadow from her nose. A lot of detail missing in the drawing.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 09:12   Link #464
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Ok here are some spoilers for chapter 54 but I must warn you that you may want to wait for the full translations since it is quite packed with emotional outbreaks that requires full translation of the manuscript to comprehend in full.

Spoiler for Chapter 54 Youku Ganbatta:
Old 2009-09-25, 10:36   Link #465
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Ok here are some spoilers for chapter 54 but I must warn you that you may want to wait for the full translations since it is quite packed with emotional outbreaks that requires full translation of the manuscript to comprehend in full.
Yeah, THAT's a line that's going to make me not want to immediately stop everything and read the spoiler...

Spoiler for Chapter 54 Spoiler Response:
Old 2009-09-25, 14:13   Link #466
marcusJulius

I really like the story, the characters and their interactions. Also, it is different in the sense that characters are not indecisive, shy and incapable. However, with all the good things this manga has, there has to be some kind of explanation why Nagi did not ask the responsiblities of being Dragon God and what will happen in the future. I know it may manga less interesting for the time being, but just ignoring the issue is not logical. At least manga should have tried to give some kind of explanation to why Nagi (and the readers) does not know that.
marcusJulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 15:06   Link #467
Dark Mage

@Tri-ring, thanks for the spoiler. Wow chapter 54 seems to be a emotional chapter. It seems Nagi and Shizuku broke a relationship barrier

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-09-29 at 16:00.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 19:56   Link #468
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Chapter 54 is out!

Spoiler for Chapter 54:

Can't wait for the next one!
Old 2009-09-29, 20:34   Link #469
yongshun

well at lest Nagi didn't try to interfere and tried to get Shizuku back together with her mom. He knew that it is probably not as simple as that. when Shizuku mentioned that her mom seemed to have gotten distanced when she became a cape maiden was probably because she wanted her have a normal childhood so she was probably smiling when she saw her knowing she was doing well.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 20:38   Link #470
marcusJulius

It was a god chapter and all, but I could not help myself to think how can a woman with a child still remain as a maiden?
Old 2009-09-29, 20:52   Link #471
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusJulius View Post
It was a god chapter and all, but I could not help myself to think how can a woman with a child still remain as a maiden?
likely required to stay as one until a certain age. Having a child probably doesn't mean much to a cape maiden. As a cape maiden they're job is to sleep with the dragon god so virginity doesn't seem to be a requirement for the position.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 01:25   Link #472
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Probably the translation.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 02:52   Link #473
marcusJulius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
likely required to stay as one until a certain age. Having a child probably doesn't mean much to a cape maiden. As a cape maiden they're job is to sleep with the dragon god so virginity doesn't seem to be a requirement for the position.
yeah maybe so, but as far as I know about the rituals that women sacrifice themselves for the sake of some deity mostly require women to remain "pure". That is the reason I was suprised.

Anyway, as I mentioned previously, the mystery behind the maidens should have been explained by now.
Old 2009-09-30, 06:57   Link #474
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
yeah maybe so, but as far as I know about the rituals that women sacrifice themselves for the sake of some deity mostly require women to remain "pure". That is the reason I was suprised.

Anyway, as I mentioned previously, the mystery behind the maidens should have been explained by now.
Well, "maiden" in this manga is more similar to wife than virgin. So I guess its okay that they have children. The other thing is that the maidens have to find the Dragon God before then turn a certain age and after that they just act as a Maiden.. maybe?

And I think the mysteries will be revealed soon enough.
Old 2009-09-30, 16:05   Link #475
Beo
where's the snow?

Maiden is not the best work to be used in the translation, should have just been left as Miko.
The term Miko does not translate simply into a single word in a second language, The simplistic translation that could be used, the one with the least words, would be literally "shaman woman".

The term "maiden" is culturally biased, does not mean the same thing in different parts of the world.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 10:24   Link #476
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

I was lucky enough to gain hands to this week's Young Animal and we have a special announcement that some had been waiting from the last chapter who is able to read Japanese.

Spoiler for Ch 55 So Dear:
Old 2009-10-07, 11:52   Link #477
yongshun

Quote:
I was lucky enough to gain hands to this week's Young Animal and we have a special announcement that some had been waiting from the last chapter who is able to read Japanese.

wow he move fast well at lest faster then Kaorou Hanjou did.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 15:23   Link #478
Direwolf18

Wow. Just. Wow.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 18:30   Link #479
cyberdemon

Quote:

been waiting for this

Was hoping that the news you mentioned was that this was getting an anime though.

wonder why there was a quick time skip, maybe saving it for tank release? AYY shows that the author doesn't have a problem drawing it. betting it's more just teasing us right now though and that it didn't actually happen. I REALLY hope that it did though.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 19:01   Link #480
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
been waiting for this

Was hoping that the news you mentioned was that this was getting an anime though.

wonder why there was a quick time skip, maybe saving it for tank release? AYY shows that the author doesn't have a problem drawing it. betting it's more just teasing us right now though and that it didn't actually happen. I REALLY hope that it did though.
Fumitsuki, the author wrote Hentai manga before penning AYA and it's serialized in the same magazine as Futari Ecchi and Yuria 100 shiki, of course he has no problems.
There are little more pages between the last page I've posted and the time skip but it really doesn't reveal much.

As for anime I'd say we may see it in the future since drama CD is a step in the right direction but we'll still need more source material for it to hit the small tube.

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen