AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-08, 07:51   Link #1261
Khalil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
actually this would be the only thing Karin was first in
Well, she was the first to show Nagi what she looks like in her underwear, albeit unintentionally.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 08:16   Link #1262
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Spoiler for Chapter 84:
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 08:21   Link #1263
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
Well, she was the first to show Nagi what she looks like in her underwear, albeit unintentionally.
Pretty sure he saw Shizuku's first when she saved him cdrom drowning through her wet clothes
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 08:39   Link #1264
Khalil
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Pretty sure he saw Shizuku's first when she saved him cdrom drowning through her wet clothes
Which is why I wrote "in her underwear", but maybe I should have written "unobstructed view of her underwear" to make it easier to understand, although since I was being facetious, I didn't imagine anyone would be so eager to argue the point.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 08:51   Link #1265
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
So, what's he going to do? Bang her, move onto the next girl, do the same and then do the same with the third? Nagi's becoming a douchebag in my book.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 08:56   Link #1266
oDin01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Spoiler:
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 09:02   Link #1267
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
So, what's he going to do? Bang her, move onto the next girl, do the same and then do the same with the third? Nagi's becoming a douchebag in my book.
Probably why the author is on break. Needed to find a new way to interfere. With them without using the same old ways

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2011-07-08 at 10:00.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 09:33   Link #1268
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Probably why the author is on break. Needed to find a new way to interior them without using the same old ways
Yes..this manga is getting really interesting...Too Bad we have to' wait
more than a month to see what happens...
But.... I love all three girls...
So I hope that all three become happy!
in every sense!
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 09:38   Link #1269
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
So, what's he going to do? Bang her, move onto the next girl, do the same and then do the same with the third? Nagi's becoming a douchebag in my book.
I wouldn't go that far. They are all on the same page and he isn't sneaking around either.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 10:01   Link #1270
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I wouldn't go that far. They are all on the same page and he isn't sneaking around either.
TBF he really should just make a choice and pick one or all. At this point if he sleeps with her, he'll end up a douche bag if he picks someone else. If he sleeps with all of them and then picks someone he'll end up a douchebag.

Ideally he should pick one and sleep with her or pick all and have a foursome (lol).

Either way considering how rare for this to happen in a harem manga is, I feel like it deserves a celebration. Like a sex gong has almost been hit.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 13:09   Link #1271
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
KLGChaos: ...Jealous...you can ignore this since it's a noob comment-v-;;.

oDin01: UnM is a Seinen manga, so even though an interuption is possible, don't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

To the rest, son of a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH! Longest...foreplay...session...EVER!
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 13:10   Link #1272
cedec0
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Everyone is always mentioning the "first girl wins" trope with Umi no Misaki, but that is ignoring the even more key "worthwhile experience" trope.

The "worthwhile experience" trope = When a harem manga ends with one girl winning, the author will often try to soften the blow to fans of the losing girls by highlighting how, even though they lost, they gained something or were positively changed by the experience. In other words, they lost, but it is ok because they had a "worthwhile experience".

Read those 99% of harem mangas where the first girl wins, and you will find this trope everywhere (but NEVER happening to "first girl"). However, in those 1% where the "first girl" loses (watch True Tears), this trope is ALWAYS used on the "first girl" (because the "first girl" always has a lot of disappointed fans that need to be mullified).

In harem romances, 100% of the girls who have "worthwhile experiences" lose. It trumphs the "first girl wins" trope hands down.

--------------

In Umi no Misaki, the author, from nearly the very beginning, has been highlighting how both soyogi/shizuku have benefited from courting Nagi. Some examples:

They have improved
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/umi_no...8/c061/17.html

true selves coming out
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/umi_no...03/c026/5.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/umi_no...03/c026/6.html

This is a death sentence on their chances of endding up with Nagi.


The ending of Umi no Misaki is obvious:

Karin wins and the other two lose but "don't have any regrets" because of what they gained by meeting Nagi. (they had "worthwhile experiences", so don't feel bad about it)

Last edited by cedec0; 2011-07-08 at 13:11. Reason: typo
cedec0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 14:32   Link #1273
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF he really should just make a choice and pick one or all. At this point if he sleeps with her, he'll end up a douche bag if he picks someone else. If he sleeps with all of them and then picks someone he'll end up a douchebag.

Ideally he should pick one and sleep with her or pick all and have a foursome (lol).

Either way considering how rare for this to happen in a harem manga is, I feel like it deserves a celebration. Like a sex gong has almost been hit.
This really is a tough call but since everything is out on the table and the characters are all on the same page, I can't label the guy a jerk. Besides... could you refuse in a situation like that?


cedec0, please don't link to a site that makes profit from a scanlator's effort. It's best to re-size and re-upload the page somewhere else.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:38   Link #1274
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedec0 View Post
Everyone is always mentioning the "first girl wins" trope with Umi no Misaki, but that is ignoring the even more key "worthwhile experience" trope.

The "worthwhile experience" trope = When a harem manga ends with one girl winning, the author will often try to soften the blow to fans of the losing girls by highlighting how, even though they lost, they gained something or were positively changed by the experience. In other words, they lost, but it is ok because they had a "worthwhile experience".

Read those 99% of harem mangas where the first girl wins, and you will find this trope everywhere (but NEVER happening to "first girl"). However, in those 1% where the "first girl" loses (watch True Tears), this trope is ALWAYS used on the "first girl" (because the "first girl" always has a lot of disappointed fans that need to be mullified).

In harem romances, 100% of the girls who have "worthwhile experiences" lose. It trumphs the "first girl wins" trope hands down.

--------------

In Umi no Misaki, the author, from nearly the very beginning, has been highlightinig how both soyogi/shizuku have benefited from courting Nagi. Some examples:

They have improved
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/umi_no...8/c061/17.html

true selves coming out
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/umi_no...03/c026/5.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/umi_no...03/c026/6.html

This is a death sentence on their chances of endding up with Nagi.


The ending of Umi no Misaki is obvious:

Karin wins and the other two lose but "don't have any regrets" because of what they gained by meeting Nagi. (they had "worthwhile experiences", so don't feel bad about it)
No the ending isn't as obvious as you think. Don't forget karin is only the first of a SERIES of dates. If he goes all the way with her than he will go all the way with he rest of them. If she wants a chance at winning. Make nagi actually say he loves her without her pushing him to. Something that he has only admitted to himself about shizuku

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2011-07-08 at 18:06.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 16:01   Link #1275
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by oDin01 View Post
Spoiler:
Good thing it's Seinen.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 17:24   Link #1276
Direwolf18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Aye its Seinen, totally different then shonen.

And, oh my, I was never EVER expecting them to get that far.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 17:25   Link #1277
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
G MOTHER FUCKING G, YOU CAN'T BEAT IT, FINALLLY MY SHIP IS GOING TO WIN!!!!!! Oh and yea, that was an awesome chapter, honestly I wouldn't mind sex in a manga as long as it's done like this, where there is chara development etc etc. But yea, gg all yall.

Also tropes really don't matter as long as you get to the place in the story and as the reader/viewer you don't feel like it's implausible, there are shows/mangas/stories where it's obvious the red string of fate is on, and the writing is slanted toward the pair, such as Seo's works where there is never a plausible chance for the "other" they are just filler, it also is much like ichigo 100% although it never got to finish so we will never know but tropes are only tropes when in the end they detract from the plausibility from the story.

ps look at all these haters, anyway Im thinking this has to go into the harem route which is fine, although sometimes when I think about the "love" that they are supposed to have for nagi, it does feel a bit contrived, especially since Karin was the tsun tsun, her tsun didn't last nearly as long as it should have but still at least unlike other romance mangas this has taken to some development, and since Aoi yori AOishi had a sex scene I wouldn't put it past him to toss one here.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 20:00   Link #1278
Lexxus
No you don't
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 25
Damn. I need to wait for 1 month just to see what will happen.
__________________

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 20:24   Link #1279
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Sorry to say, but if Nagi DOES have sex with Karin, she will win. Nagi's a virgin too, so in a sense, Karin would be his 'first'. Of course, the trick here is that Nagi will probably learn how to be more affectionate while being with Karin and Soyogi, allowing him to give maximum affection to Shizu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF he really should just make a choice and pick one or all. At this point if he sleeps with her, he'll end up a douche bag if he picks someone else. If he sleeps with all of them and then picks someone he'll end up a douchebag.
This really is a tough call but since everything is out on the table and the characters are all on the same page, I can't label the guy a jerk. Besides... could you refuse in a situation like that?
I'm with Drago here. And it's not like Nagi is intentionally aiming to hit the sack with the girls. It would authentically stem from his love for them.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 21:04   Link #1280
recover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
if he does sex up karin, i foresee a harem ending
__________________
recover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.