AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 38.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-24, 09:33   Link #261
Nemesis2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
She could have been trying to say "You're a reincarnation of the old Yorito and I don't want you to end up the same way because of me." A mouthful, but I'm sure that can be a possibility if Yorito didn't hug her so suddenly.
It could simply be something like, "You're the same as back then", with typically vague meaning.

And I'm really hoping they drop some more hints (or maybe just tell us?) about what the heck Yorito is in ep 8.
Old 2007-05-24, 10:37   Link #262
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

On a second watch, I realized I missed a point that I originally wanted to put down:

~ Lunar sub, 10:26-10:30. Would I be the only one who was expecting a certain winged loli to commit a heist at that very moment?
Old 2007-05-24, 14:13   Link #263
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ i thought i saw her running away in the BG hmmmm...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-24, 14:21   Link #264
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You're taking about the fish shaped watchu call them.. Ayu-chans (from Kanon 2006) favorites, right. =)
Strange were those only an anime thing.
I thought you could buy them.
Old 2007-05-24, 15:31   Link #265
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
You're taking about the fish shaped watchu call them.. Ayu-chans (from Kanon 2006) favorites, right. =)
Strange were those only an anime thing.
I thought you could buy them.
Taiyaki? Sure you can buy them - but if you don't happen to be in Japan (or an area where you can get real Japanese food) you can get a mold like this one and make your own!
http://www.amazon.com/Taiyaki-Japane...296555-3602253
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Old 2007-05-24, 18:52   Link #266
Telliamed
sensei no pet

I was bemused at Yorito's cheapness. Yuuichi would buy a whole bagfull. Sky-baka gets just one and makes nee-san split it with him.

Something to do with not having a reliable source of income? We've been asking about their money for a while here.

Oh, in case you didn't know, the four anime food groups are: taiyaki/nikkuman, udon, ramen/soba, and onigiri.
Old 2007-05-24, 20:30   Link #267
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Well. Coo. I never expected that!

Loved the bit with Aono trying out different outfits (how big is that wardrobe, anyway?) and then different hairstyles. All of which made the later part of this episode hit harder.
Just imagine the size of your wardrobe after a few hundred years!
Old 2007-05-24, 22:04   Link #268
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to octoberasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Just imagine the size of your wardrobe after a few hundred years!
I actually chuckled at the scene and noticed that a few clothes of Aono's were from different time periods. And I was like: "Damn, how much clothes did she get over the centuries?" O.o

Then, we see Matsuri... only has one style, one color: Purple (some lavender around there) and simple. ^^;; <3

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, / I took the one less traveled by.
Old 2007-05-25, 00:40   Link #269
JediNight
キズランダム

Well Matsuri could have chosen to just wander, whereas Aono maybe sticks to one place more often? I mean, they could take night-shift jobs and make so much money that after like 30-40 years, they could just invest it and live off that forever then. Rolling the money over into a new named account or something, etc. But I don't think the money-situation is something we're supposed to be concerned about, since it isn't important to the story.
Old 2007-05-25, 01:10   Link #270
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Well Matsuri could have chosen to just wander, whereas Aono maybe sticks to one place more often? I mean, they could take night-shift jobs and make so much money that after like 30-40 years, they could just invest it and live off that forever then. Rolling the money over into a new named account or something, etc. But I don't think the money-situation is something we're supposed to be concerned about, since it isn't important to the story.
Besides, can you honestly see Matsuri being this in-charge of her life? Girl's idea of cooking is to stuff a crapload of random stuff into the microwave, and she's supposed to know how to do all that?
Old 2007-05-25, 01:44   Link #271
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Besides, can you honestly see Matsuri being this in-charge of her life? Girl's idea of cooking is to stuff a crapload of random stuff into the microwave, and she's supposed to know how to do all that?
Well, there is always the 'kick the object' solution to anything if it doesn't work .
Old 2007-05-25, 01:51   Link #272
Icerack

So where does Matsuri get all the money to buy those Tomato juice from the convenience store?
Old 2007-05-25, 02:29   Link #273
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

The way I see it, there's nothing stopping Matsuri from using her "girly" charms on accountants to help her manage her finances. Factor in interest rates, fixed deposits, stocks, etc... and she probably has a tidy sum lying around.

I mean... she can have a 40-year Fixed Deposit plan every now and then, no sweat. The percentages will all add up in the long run.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-25, 03:00   Link #274
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerack View Post
So where does Matsuri get all the money to buy those Tomato juice from the convenience store?
Decomposing power + ATM + Ability to jump buildings in a single bound. ;D
Old 2007-05-25, 07:55   Link #275
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I bet that she has a part time job in each location, like the duo in Mermaid Forest.
Old 2007-05-25, 13:08   Link #276
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
I loved the episode, being rain themed and all. It gave off an amazing mood, which I actually felt was foreshadowing the second half.
So, no, I can't hate Aono, even if she did a lot of horrible things.
I don't know why exactly, but it definitely partly is because of her relationship (no, I'm not intending loli yuri here, mind you) with Koyori. She shows a lot of unbiased kindness towards her. That proves that outside of the whole Yorito-obsessing, she probably isn't that bad of a person.

Offtopic RL coincidence: Just as Aono said something along the lines of 'rain is a rare and nice thing', a huge (for Berlin, it was huge) storm started approaching.. rather loudly.
And it didn't rain here in weeks. So yeah, you're right, Aono-san.
Old 2007-05-25, 18:04   Link #277
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
totally the anime of the year right here. I was a HUGE fan of shows like Elfen Lied, Air, KGNE, and Shingetsutan Tsukhihime......this goes along with those shows PERFECTLY. Glad I found this gem....
Old 2007-05-25, 18:11   Link #278
Barbka

I just saw episode 8...and all I can say for now is OMG! This is really the best show in this season. If I could understand just a little of japanese . I can't waith for the next episode (why does it have to be one week between them???? ) I hope a new pool will open for this episode hihi
Old 2007-05-25, 21:04   Link #279
Icerack

Quote:
Decomposing power + ATM + Ability to jump buildings in a single bound. ;D
She's not smart enough to decompose the ATM. She'd rather kick it instead.
Old 2007-05-26, 06:11   Link #280
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerack View Post
She's not smart enough to decompose the ATM. She'd rather kick it instead.
You decompose the outside, THEN kick it
Closed Thread