AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Old 2008-09-15, 07:26   Link #181
SidVicious
Anime addict

Finally some good news!
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 19:06   Link #182
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
And 65san says Kuwashima Hōko will voice Nana - yay!
PROTIP: Don't believe everything you read on 2ch. This later thread confirms the January start, but has different cast info:
  • Arima Nana: Nabatame Hitomi
  • Naitō Shōko: Inoue Marina
  • Hosokawa Yūko (Kanako's sister): Kawasumi Ayako
  • Kanako's father: Koyama Rikiya
This is still to be confirmed on the official site, but the Japanese Wikipedia article has been updated so I guess fans over there must believe it
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 03:20   Link #183
sleepyz

It's confirmed guys! The website officially annouced that Season 4 will be out in January 09!!! YAY!

Simon: So does that mean Hitomi will play both Eriko and Nana??
Old 2008-09-20, 01:49   Link #184
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyz View Post
So does that mean Hitomi will play both Eriko and Nana??
Yep, the 2ch thread specifically says it's a double role:

Quote:
生天目さんは、江利子と二役を演じることになります。
From what little I know about Nana it's an interesting double-up...
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 10:53   Link #185
SidVicious
Anime addict

Trailer!

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=42568
Old 2008-12-10, 11:00   Link #186
sleepyz

SidVicious! You were quick! I was just about to post the same message!

Trailer looks good! Can't wait to see more action of Yumi x Sachiko but more importantly Touko! Really didn't like her at first but not anymore! Can't get enough of her!! haha

Btw, for those who are not torrent users, I've uploaded the trailer onto my blog! Enjoy!

http://yasashiisekai.wordpress.com/2...-for-season-4/
Old 2008-12-10, 11:09   Link #187
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Hosokawa Yūko (Kanako's sister): Kawasumi Ayako
Nice! I hope this sister will have more than few lines.

Quote:
Naitō Shōko: Inoue Marina
Hilariously enough I had seen this Shouko in a fanfic and I thought it was a fanfic original character. Now I guess it's a real one after all and the author iof that fic had read the novels. Anyway, good to see the cast becoming even more star-studded than it already was.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 12:23   Link #188
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
SidVicious! You were quick! I was just about to post the same message!

Trailer looks good! Can't wait to see more action of Yumi x Sachiko but more importantly Touko! Really didn't like her at first but not anymore! Can't get enough of her!! haha

Btw, for those who are not torrent users, I've uploaded the trailer onto my blog! Enjoy!

http://yasashiisekai.wordpress.com/2...-for-season-4/
Loved the trailer.

Sachiko is soooooooooooooooo pretty.
Old 2008-12-11, 00:26   Link #189
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Too much good news. That trailer was awesome. January '09! It's so close yet so far.

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 11:10   Link #190
Autumn Demon
~

Is the fourth season going to be 13 episodes like the first two seasons? It would be nice if it was that long or longer, but as long as it's not horrendous like the OVA's i'll be happy with 1 episode.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 13:00   Link #191
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Inoue for Shouko? How weird is that! I do like her voice work but I don't see it fitting Shouko at all. Oh well.
The Nana - Eriko double role will be amusing at least, that's for sure.

Ahh.. I can't wait. Winter '09 will be heavenly if only for Marimite and Natsume Yuujinchou.

Edit: The trailer was nice. I like the new style Deen are using here. The lines are less rigid than in the first two seasons. Hope they'll stick to that and not screw up all that much.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 18:54   Link #192
sleepyz

BTw, guys - the official website has announced the timetable of when the anime is showing! Looks like 3 January is the BIG DAY!! Can someone please confirm!?!

THANKS!!
Old 2008-12-11, 21:55   Link #193
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
BTw, guys - the official website has announced the timetable of when the anime is showing! Looks like 3 January is the BIG DAY!! Can someone please confirm!?!

THANKS!!
Yup, it's the planned broadcast time on the channel AT-X.

Oh god, I just saw that the ED theme will be sung by Hikita Kaori. This is overkill! I do hope the arrangement will be decent, though; her Kajiura-arranged songs were all great, but I don't know Loop-K. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
作詞:今野緒雪 作曲:Loop-K 編曲:小倉良・斉藤一郎
Lyrics: Konno Oyuki
Composition: Loop-K
Arrangement: Ogura Ryou - Saitou Ichirou

Last edited by niwasatou; 2008-12-11 at 22:09.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 08:48   Link #194
Oppius
Banned

Is it me or this series try to switch its demographics? Just look at the ED in the 4th Season, it is much like from shoujo to seinen.

As far as I know, this show is shoujo(aimed towards teenage girls) but there is more and more yuri-ness added maybe because more and more men are watching it. Marimite should stick to shoujo and try not to be like Strawberry Panic, which is obviously made for men.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 10:16   Link #195
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Is it me or this series try to switch its demographics? Just look at the ED in the 4th Season, it is much like from shoujo to seinen.

As far as I know, this show is shoujo(aimed towards teenage girls) but there is more and more yuri-ness added maybe because more and more men are watching it. Marimite should stick to shoujo and try not to be like Strawberry Panic, which is obviously made for men.
Seems that this dilemma should be discussed in a separate thread. Yeah, that's something I noticed, as if the whole story found a competitor (or several, including a satire that has a trap for an anti-hero and mocking a lesbo), hence the extra skin.

It just happens that the author is now the season's creative supervisor, instead of mere consultant in previous seasons, which means that she has more control on what would be shown and what would be cut out from there. It also means that she can ask the studio to raise the yuri factor a few more notches up.
Old 2009-02-03, 22:52   Link #196
4Tran

Quote:
The ED is done in much the same style as the ones for the OVAs, and it's very common for shoujo anime to have a lot of nudity as well.

Quote:
There's just about zero danger of that. While the two shows are superficially in the same genre, their approaches to the story and tones and moods are completely different. Think of it this way, a character like Suguru could not exist in Strawberry Panic because of how differently the shows work.

Historically, yuri anime has mostly been strictly shoujo territory, and the Marimite anime was originally meant for a predominantly female audience. It managed to be a much bigger success than anticipated, and a large male audience probably didn't exist until the anime aired. However, in terms of storytelling, the fourth season still contains the same approach that the first one did, so it's unlikely there will be any significant changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulassassin547 View Post
Seems that this dilemma should be discussed in a separate thread. Yeah, that's something I noticed, as if the whole story found a competitor (or several, including a satire that has a trap for an anti-hero and mocking a lesbo), hence the extra skin.
I think that the closest thing to a big change so far are those Pizza Hut signs . The show has always had its share of gentle mockery; I'd only get worried if it gets to Oniisama e levels of melodrama and angst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulassassin547 View Post
It just happens that the author is now the season's creative supervisor, instead of mere consultant in previous seasons, which means that she has more control on what would be shown and what would be cut out from there. It also means that she can ask the studio to raise the yuri factor a few more notches up.
Well, well; I just learned something new.
Old 2009-02-07, 20:49   Link #197
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
I'm afraid I can't agree with you.
When you look at the ending for the fourth season, I still think you can say it's within the same vein as the ending for the first, the eyecatches for the second, and of course the ending for the third. It never struck me as anything strikingly new.

Also, there is of course the fact that all of those are in a sense, fantasy within fantasy. The series is already rather fanciful in its storytelling, but the ending of course takes things a step further -- one we won't likely see in the show proper. So I say just enjoy the ending for the fanservice it is.

And lastly, while it is sometimes rare, I think the fanservice here is all-inclusive. girls can enjoy it just as much as guys. I'd say it's not a sexual thing at all, in fact. Although for that, I suppose I can only speak for myself.
Old 2009-02-12, 16:44   Link #198
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Maria-Sama 4th season was just licensed by right-stuf.

http://maria-sama.rightstuf.com/
Old 2009-02-12, 16:59   Link #199
Dop
We can't stop here...

You beat me to it Mistypearl, just got an email from RightStuf about that very thing.

I'd hoped they'd license it, but to get confirmation is just fantastic news. I can only wait for when they open orders so I can get my order in ASAP.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 20:49   Link #200
4Tran

This probably means that the first two seasons sold well enough to justify picking up the fourth season. The Right Stuf / Nozomi seem to have treated the fans very well.