AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 184 76.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 13.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 3.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 2.92%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-21, 12:42   Link #161
Boukenxha

Simon will need to assert his own future. They say heroes rise through difficult times, it's his time now. All I pray is that after Kamina's epic demise, Yoko will not follow him in death... *touch wood*

あばよ、ダチ公 。
Old 2007-05-21, 14:38   Link #162
solomon

Why can't we rate it more then 10? Can't say much else except that I wish we had cartoons like this in america during saturday morning (although it airs on TV-to sundays) and Katsuyuki KOnishi freakin owns! (and I hate saying owns)

Also I bet that it's really high in the anime mag fanpolls (CMON KAMINA, PIERCE THE TOP OF THE POLL ROSTER, WITH YOUR DRILL LIKE CHARISMA
Old 2007-05-21, 15:46   Link #163
U<3Anime
Boo!

Like most what most people have said already. THIS EPISODE IS FULL OF EPIC! Theres not doubt now that gurren lagann will most likely be added in the next super robot game. By the way, can someone do a brief translation for kamina memorial from ganaix? XD

http://onsen.ag/meta/gurren0521.asx
Old 2007-05-21, 16:21   Link #164
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Like most what most people have said already. THIS EPISODE IS FULL OF EPIC! Theres not doubt now that gurren lagann will most likely be added in the next super robot game. By the way, can someone do a brief translation for kamina memorial from ganaix? XD

http://onsen.ag/meta/gurren0521.asx
As much as everyone hopes Gurren Lagan will be in the next SRW game, the biggest problem is that it's license is with Konami.
Bandai will have to negotiate with Konami to use GL.
Old 2007-05-21, 16:47   Link #165
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
As much as everyone hopes Gurren Lagan will be in the next SRW game, the biggest problem is that it's license is with Konami.
Bandai will have to negotiate with Konami to use GL.
O yea....forgot the fact that konami kind of owns the gurren license and its responsible for making the merchandises and games for it >_>; It is a problem, but Gurren Lagann just screams out "PUT ME INTO SRW PLZ" xD. Anyways, im really anticipating for the future episodes now. I'm curious as to how Simon is going to end up like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPZG3...elated&search=
Old 2007-05-21, 17:34   Link #166
X_Danny_X

i just found out that Yoko is actually 14 years of age!!! same age as Simon!! HOLY MOTHER A GOD! i was fantasizing over a 14 year old.

uh oh, since Simon is going to be like Kamina i think Yoko might just fall in love with him and start a new triangle with Nia. Hopefully Nia/Simon would prevail if such a thing occurs.
Old 2007-05-21, 18:23   Link #167
Prolific

lol, Yoko being 14 is pretty unexpected.

I love this anime so much. I hope it doesn't end at episode 26.
Old 2007-05-21, 18:45   Link #168
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
i just found out that Yoko is actually 14 years of age!!! same age as Simon!! HOLY MOTHER A GOD! i was fantasizing over a 14 year old.
why do people always react this way when real ages are revealed to be unexpected? there must be some psychological impact of finding out that you are actually a lolcon (although yoko has the body of an 18 year old so that doesnt really count ^__^)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-21, 18:49   Link #169
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Its too bad Kamina didn't get to experience her full potential.
10x the hot kisses.... too bad Kamina......
Old 2007-05-21, 18:56   Link #170
Kisuke06
I see...

He... really died. Damn, it was way too soon for that to happen. Besides, he would give 10x the hot kiss... Yoko lost that too. XD

I wonder how this will affect Simon. I think it will take a while for him to recover, no way he will be alright at the end of the next episode.

This episode was by far the best one, IMO.
Old 2007-05-21, 19:00   Link #171
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Send a message via AIM to -Ajax-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
why do people always react this way when real ages are revealed to be unexpected? there must be some psychological impact of finding out that you are actually a lolcon (although yoko has the body of an 18 year old so that doesnt really count ^__^)
Wow she is? ...weird, anyway what an episode!! I can't believe that happened

Well Simon...its all on you now... ganbate
Old 2007-05-21, 19:01   Link #172
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
poor yoko...comming from kamina i expect 100x better than that hot kiss now with him out of the way what are the chances of a yoko x simon relationship

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-21, 19:01   Link #173
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Would be funny if the first thing Nia do next episode is to get up and punch Shimon shouting "Who do you think I am?!" That might get thing on track faster than playing cute princess...
Either way, I have faith in Gainax at the moment, they can do it right...right?

and Shimon x Yoko is a big nono...
Think about SHimon kissing Yoko and said he can do 10x better than Kamina...herher it gonna kills..
Old 2007-05-21, 19:10   Link #174
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Send a message via AIM to -Ajax-
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
AAAAANNIIIIIIIKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!

The year isn't even half way through, and I feel like we've witnessed the year's best already.
How the heck can anything top this?

It feels like, after nearly 20 years since the first Top o Nerae, and us fans wishes have finally been answered.
Great way to put it guys lol, this is the shining star of 2007 so far, along with Lucky Star. Seirei no Moribito is kicking ass too.
Old 2007-05-21, 19:54   Link #175
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
poor yoko...comming from kamina i expect 100x better than that hot kiss now with him out of the way what are the chances of a yoko x simon relationship
no way in hell im into lolicon. dont get why dudes like non breasted toothpick looking type girls unless they have some little pedo in them if they are adults.

no way in hell either yoko and simon will come together. i wont allow it, i will assassinate/kill the writers if they let that happen.
Old 2007-05-21, 20:00   Link #176
Nidema

I don`t know why people are so against the Simon X Yoko pairing... they are the same age.... i think there is something wrong with Kamin 17 pairing with yoko who is only 14....

i do think that there will be some sorta triangular interaction between simon yoko and nia. but thats in the FAR future... like 3rd arc... when his character is fully formed
Old 2007-05-21, 20:05   Link #177
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They can call her "14" til the Sun freezes... its still a bunch of baloney. The only age references are a "wiki" (apply salt) and an early character design note. The content of the series shows two people of roughly the same age (Kamina and Yoko) and Simon being younger. She talks, walks, and acts several years older than Simon. Now if Simon amps himself up (Keitaro 2.0), then a couple of years difference won't matter so much. The two of them have a lot of grief to work through before I'd find some connection between Yoko and Simon viable though. Perhaps incoming Nia awakens something (triangle competition time?).

@X_Danny_X: tastes differ? People find different things attractive? Big boobs don't automatically make for beauty? Insulting people for liking different types of women won't get you very far.
Old 2007-05-21, 20:35   Link #178
Takeo
Jetsetter

That's pretty much what the official site says though, right? Yoko acts more mature but is around the same age as Simon? Everyone's free to call it "baloney" and debate the reality of a 14 or 15 year old looking like Yoko (I'm not sure I'd by it initially); however, if that's what the gainax crew say, than I'm not sure I see the point in continually arguing about her age. It doesn't really matter, and it's not gonna change. And it's not a romance series, so I could care less whether Simon hooks up with Yoko or Nia or anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X
no way in hell im into lolicon. dont get why dudes like non breasted toothpick looking type girls unless they have some little pedo in them if they are adults.

no way in hell either yoko and simon will come together. i wont allow it, i will assassinate/kill the writers if they let that happen.
Yikes...relax man, it's only a tv show. Like Vexx said, everyone's got different tastes. And if Yoko being 14 is that much of a problem, maybe you should change your avy...I doubt it lessens the temptation to fantasize

Last edited by Takeo; 2007-05-22 at 12:25.
Old 2007-05-21, 20:37   Link #179
Nidema

well the official website says that they are the same age in the character pages

i do hope for some competition though lol
Old 2007-05-21, 21:02   Link #180
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu View Post
Simon will need to assert his own future. They say heroes rise through difficult times, it's his time now. All I pray is that after Kamina's epic demise, Yoko will not follow him in death... *touch wood*

あばよ、ダチ公 。
That reminds me.
I don't know if it came up already, but the episode title "Abayo Dachikou (あばよダチ公)" is actually title of the first movie Yuusaku Matsuda starred as the main role, in the mid 70s.

It's just one of many 70s tribute, along with obvious Ashita no Joe parodies such as the pig escape, cross-counter and burned down to ashes, this "part 1" of GL showed.

I see a lot of Yuusaku homages these days... One Piece's Aokiji is an obvious one, Onimusha 2 resurrected him with computer graphics, and even in the recent episode of School Rumble.

Now, starting from next episode, we should expect lots of 80s homages.