AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Old 2004-01-14, 02:48   Link #1
Tsubomi Koneko

Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Odd download problem...

This is kind of a problem although part of it is REALLY weird...

I was on another site because I had decided to get on the waiting leechers list of a file that usually doesn't have any seeders (thought maybe one would appear sometime in the night) but oddly when I pressed the button the download it began downloading without any seeders...

What's even more odd is it was downloading at 300+kb per second (the fastest I've ever gotten any downloads) and ended up dying down at 97% so now I have 97% of the file but no seeders and noone is downloading from me.

Does anyone know what this could be about?
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 03:02   Link #2
Lone Wolf
Hacker-nin

Send a message via AIM to Lone Wolf
you don't *NEED* seeders to start/partially download a file. There are still other people with partial files connected, but you will not get the entire thing (hence the stuck at 97%). Remember, as long as you are connected, even if you don't have the entire file, you will be sharing the part you do have with everyone. From that speed, it looks like quite a lot of people are waiting for it.

lonewolf

"You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless"

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!
Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 20:18   Link #3
Tsubomi Koneko

Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGCMackey
you don't *NEED* seeders to start/partially download a file. There are still other people with partial files connected, but you will not get the entire thing (hence the stuck at 97%). Remember, as long as you are connected, even if you don't have the entire file, you will be sharing the part you do have with everyone. From that speed, it looks like quite a lot of people are waiting for it.

lonewolf

I was always told that there had to be seeders for you to be able to get any of the file. It never worked on any other downloads, just this specific one.
Tsubomi Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 21:53   Link #4
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

seeder is the peer who have the 100% completed file

if there is no seeder, but there is over 1 distributed copy among the peers then it is still possible to get the complete file

its like, the complete file consists of A & B

there is no seeder
peer#1 has only part A of the file
peer#2 has only part B of the file
but they can still send parts of the file that the opposite doesnt have to each other,
eventually both peer#1 & #2 will get Part A & B (complete)

In your case, the overall distributed copy of your file is 0.970, thats why you kept downloading without seeder until 97%

And probably everyone is stuck at 97% and when you started the download, they have no one to upload to but you, so everyone uploaded to you and your speed reached 300kB/s+
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote