AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-07-26, 08:48   Link #21
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

wow looks cooler and more intense than the older preview.

Is that still Chris? He looks aged.
Old 2007-07-26, 09:33   Link #22
GunBladeKid09
~Falling~

Send a message via MSN to GunBladeKid09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
wow looks cooler and more intense than the older preview.

Is that still Chris? He looks aged.
I was about to say something about this, The patches on his shoulder are blurry but look like "S.T.A.R.S." Or atleast that's what I want them to be

~Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.
~ Francisco Goya
GunBladeKid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 09:47   Link #23
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well it will have been ten years since Code Veronica
. Yes it is Chris. Everyone is alot older now. Chris will be in late thirties, Jill the same. Claire and Rebecca will be in the late twenties(If shown). But what interested me even more was the test tube blonde girl. I caan think of only one person. Poor little Sherry. After RE CV several 'Wesker Report's' were released by Capcom to help the storyline. In one it was said after the events of RE2, he captured Sherry because the G-virus was in her system. So seeing as she is the only young girl with blonde hair, I say it is her. Damnit 2009 can't come soon enough!

Also I hope they either say what happened to the other heroes, or RE6 has a new one.

And before the mains toryline is over, I say one of the Redfields will die.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 11:32   Link #24
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

At first I thought it was Carlos bah..hated that guy kinda ruins my Chris x Jill on RE1 and the remake.

OH man?!! NO F@#'KIN way!!!

I don't want ANY of the R.E. original main characters to die. Chris and Jill especially. Maybe the blond girl is Ashley from RE 4 and not Sherry? Who knows?...but at least it's Chris again the main hero of R.E. I hope also Rebeca would make an appearance.
Old 2007-07-26, 11:47   Link #25
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Didn't have the same eyes as Ashley. Did as Sherry. Besides, why would they bring back a character from the game before?

And I don't wany any of the mains to die either. But we have six good guys and one half good. The law of good guy in games declares someone must die for dramatic effect. Think about it. If Claire was killed right in front og Chris by Wesker...how apeshit would Chris go? Far enough to inject himself with a virus to fight Wesker... I also say either Barry or Rebecca will die. Both are pointless side characters. But I like Rebecca more so hope it isn't her.

I doubt we will see what happens to all of them in RE5, Capcom needs someone for RE6.

And damnit, I hope the main story line that started in 1996 doesn't drag on through the 2010s. I want it to be over. Hopefully by RE6.
Old 2007-07-26, 12:12   Link #26
Paracelsus

Send a message via MSN to Paracelsus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
This trailer wasn't posted here yet, right? ^^

Looks like the gameplay is going to be RE4-like, according to the pictures
Mh....not quite. In RE5 you cannot simply stand still, aim and shoot while those ganados dorks will slowly come at you. Here you have to melee (not just kicks, you can punch too), retreat, run, since your guns are sort of useless against such a number of enemies on the screen, number that is way bigger than the one there was in RE4, during the hardest moments.

Quote:
Didn't have the same eyes as Ashley. Did as Sherry. Besides, why would they bring back a character from the game before?
Because we know what happened to almost all the RE characters after the Raccoon City disaster, except for Jill and, of course, Sherry. They needed to fill the gaps.

Last edited by Paracelsus; 2007-07-26 at 12:36.
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 12:17   Link #27
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, I still say it isn't Ashley. And yeah alot of gaps. Like how Umbrella went from being all powerful to nothing between CV and Re4. No way stocks falling would stop them.
Old 2007-07-26, 18:10   Link #28
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Absolutely amazing... I hope they will release it for for all three consoles at least. I really don't want to buy an Xbox360 since I'm going to be heading over seas soon....

God RE4 was amazing but I didn't like the way of using a weapon. You couldn't move while shooting which sucked a lot. Plus I hope they will allow you to use your entire surroundings to survive. For example seeing a wall thats not to high and you can climb over it or get on top of it. Other than that I RE5 is on my list to buy.

Also I would like to say they should have the feature that the entire environment will effect your character's performance at certain times like at night or day. For example, you stay out in the sun too long, you get sunburned. If you don't drink enough water you become dehydrated, thus affecting your ability to aim or do certain things. To most people this would be annoying but to me it would make RE5 a lot more fun and challenging.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 18:20   Link #29
GunBladeKid09
~Falling~

Send a message via MSN to GunBladeKid09
Isn't RE5 going to be a PS3 exclusive though? Anyways, Sherry meh, didn't care to much for the lil girl part. As far as Chris dieing I hope not and if so who do you think you'd switch to?

~Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.
~ Francisco Goya
GunBladeKid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 18:40   Link #30
TigerII
Pilot in Training

It was announced at E3 that it was going to be on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Sherry would be in her early twenties now. Not the little girl.

Um, there is still Claire, Jill, Rebecca, Barry, Leon, and Carlos left if Chris died. I hope he doesn't die. I say Claire should die.
Old 2007-07-27, 08:47   Link #31
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Maybe it's multiple ending story? Like disaster report where you either live or die.

I think the one half bad/good main character is Ada Wong right? She's kinda neutral imho. As for the sun burning and water factor, that's a great if ever they'll also add it if ever. Maybe the blond girl is introduced as a new character? Since Jill had Carlos to help her before why not a new girl for Chris. But those 2 are still my top favs. Sorry Leon your too over exposed XD.

As for side characters dying...well Barry and Rebbeca grew on me. Well best of hopes no one dies, but if ever there's gonna be a side character dying I think also it might be Barry.
Old 2007-07-27, 09:36   Link #32
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah, I count Ada as half. Technically she is a bad guy, but since she has a crush on Leon, she helped him.

As I said, we are still more than a year away from RE5. The girl could be anyone. I say Sherry, but that is me.

As for characters getting killed. Come on, we all know that over two main guys means some will die.
Old 2007-07-30, 05:55   Link #33
Shirozoku

I'm looking forward to this game, loved all the other games in the series, so lets hope that Capcom makes it the best RE untill RE6 :3

Oh, and this time, i hope we get the chainsaw...not them
Old 2007-07-30, 10:30   Link #34
u43368
Disabled By Request

If you guys want a similair game, check out Dark Sector. RE5 looks amazing... and Chris is amazingly buff. I wonder how many death scenes the poor man will get?
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 13:14   Link #35
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Loved his Falcon punch.
Old 2007-08-07, 22:23   Link #36
Rebecca_Chambers

Send a message via MSN to Rebecca_Chambers
i hope it is very good i love all of the games lol but res zero had a crappy ending i was disapointed

i am a girl
Rebecca_Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 19:58   Link #37
zoomaux

Lightbulb

Looks like the gameplay is going to be RE4-like, according to the pictures?
look http :
http://www.capcom.com
Old 2007-08-08, 20:08   Link #38
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Capcom confirmed that. They also confirmed it is Chris Redfield. My guess is it will be a year before they release who the girl is if they do. They might hide her untill game release.
Old 2007-09-12, 18:27   Link #39
mishka

new trailer on youtube.com

looking good.
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 22:07   Link #40
jehuty233

Like most big titles, RE5 should be released on both consoles.

And if RE5's gameplay can build upon that from RE4, this will be fun to play seeing how RE4's gameplay got that much better than the previous installments just from the new over-the-shoulder view. The enemy AI may turn out to be more intelligent than RE4 (the villagers still moved sluggishly and were rather predictable); from the trailer I see the enemies in RE5 come swarming at Chris like a real mob should be doing, not to mention we haven't even seen the bulk of the game and its bosses, yet. This is going to be a big-hit title.
jehuty233 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, third person shooter