AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-31, 19:06   Link #23941
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Sooooooooo can I say they are a couple now? The Kurumu and Mizore couple. Also I'm pretty sure they both will be beaten given their state. They stand no way in hell against a full powered vampire that is called Killua. Also I don't know why but I find this Moka different. She seems different. As for where Tsukune went my money is on Hokuto. He clearly saved him just before he got hit off screen. To me the best be would be seeing the bus driver in the drivers seat of the flying castle.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 19:37   Link #23942
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
this is the flaw of a monthly manga if there's no progress it infuriates people
There hasn't been a ton of progress for two years, which is why I stopped reading it and only stop in to check spoilers every now and then.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 20:48   Link #23943
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
...

This manga used to be fun to read. Wth happened?
My thoughts exactly.

It can't be just the fact that it's a monthly series now, though - early season II was still enjoyable, the siren arc for instance was a blast. In fact, it's mostly since this airship arc that the series went downhill, which btw has been going on for roughly 1 1/3 years if i remember correctly, yet with only as much pure plot to fill a short paragraph.

Romance and comedy are pretty much down to zero, there's not even ecchi content for the 'pervert in all of us' anymore.
What's left is a dragging generic action plot, which has never been the series' strong suit but was acceptable and somewhat gripping early on in the series (and S2) when the arcs were much shorter and it wasn't as blatantly obvious that not just the MC but the side characters as well wear plot armor (that includes the "oh so in peril right now"- Outer Moka as well)

It'd be nice if the series returned to its former virtues after that, I'm not really holding my breath, though.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 21:32   Link #23944
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
My thoughts exactly.

It can't be just the fact that it's a monthly series now, though - early season II was still enjoyable, the siren arc for instance was a blast. In fact, it's mostly since this airship arc that the series went downhill, which btw has been going on for roughly 1 1/3 years if i remember correctly, yet with only as much pure plot to fill a short paragraph.

Romance and comedy are pretty much down to zero, there's not even ecchi content for the 'pervert in all of us' anymore.
What's left is a dragging generic action plot, which has never been the series' strong suit but was acceptable and somewhat gripping early on in the series (and S2) when the arcs were much shorter and it wasn't as blatantly obvious that not just the MC but the side characters as well wear plot armor (that includes the "oh so in peril right now"- Outer Moka as well)

It'd be nice if the series returned to its former virtues after that, I'm not really holding my breath, though.
??? Its always been monthly.

I disagree.....granted Gyokuro is a rather boring antagonist imo, but the only thing I would change is the repeating friendship aesop. I think we got it the first few times.

Its killing the flow when we spend 60%+ of the total pages in the middle of a fight with pointless or self-evident monologues. The action has been the only saving grace of this arc though.
__________________
bludvein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 21:34   Link #23945
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, another thing that happened is the fact that most of the major enemies we've seen up to now have gone down within 2~3 chapters... I don't know if Ikeda's trying to show just how powerful Gyokuro is, but it's taking well over 5~7 chapter for her to go down, plus add in the shortened chapter we had late last year, and now throwing in more Moka development... the short version is that the finale of this arc is dragging, badly, plus not handling the various shounen cliches very well, as seen by the "This isn't even my final form!" one

... just remember, for all the (constant) complainers, you're more than welcome to drop this series and let the rest of us continue to enjoy it.
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 04:46   Link #23946
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
...

... just remember, for all the (constant) complainers, you're more than welcome to drop this series and let the rest of us continue to enjoy it.
Funny for me to be on complaining side of this argument for once as I'm usually the one defending a series.

Well, as I wrote, it's not like I (or the rest of the complainers I presume) don't have hope for the series to get back to its former "glory". The current problems are still there though. So obvious, in fact, that even most of the die-hard fans here acknowledge them.

Now if this is just a phase, fine, even the more critical people among us can get over this endless arc. However, if this is a chilling vision of things to come, of how the series will continue until it's cancelled or finished, then I'd gladly drop the series completely and never write a comment about it again.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 06:52   Link #23947
ShinsoSan
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I think this isn't that bad considering this whole arc has taken forever. I think that is why people are getting tired. With the whole Moka being taken for a long time not going back to yokai academy can make things hard. This will probably just be a phase since Ikeda is trying to get the arc done. HOWEVER, I think the shounen part of R+V will be more evident coming in future chapters.
ShinsoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 07:17   Link #23948
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Sooooooooo can I say they are a couple now? The Kurumu and Mizore couple. Also I'm pretty sure they both will be beaten given their state. They stand no way in hell against a full powered vampire that is called Killua. Also I don't know why but I find this Moka different. She seems different. As for where Tsukune went my money is on Hokuto. He clearly saved him just before he got hit off screen. To me the best be would be seeing the bus driver in the drivers seat of the flying castle.
/facepalm

Okay, again.. why does two girls holding hands mean their a couple suddenly? I don't care if or if they don't its the fact that people think that under the silliest things...


Anyway, Mizore and Kurumu are going to get wrecked but still manage to win. It's just way to obvious. Unless they decide to kill off these characters so there's no other pairing except for Tsukune and Moka. O-o
__________________
Kyero Fox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 10:40   Link #23949
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
I think that this is to show how 'big' of an antagonist Gyokuro is, especially for Moka. This isn't a brawl in the school yard that can be wrapped up neatly beneath the Chairman's web of control - this is a fight atop a now-falling fortress that is headed for a major city with an abomination on board that will utterly destroy it. Something like this can't be wrapped up nicely or even quickly. ... but a certain pink-haired nosferatu appearing would certainly send this plot back 'to its place' in a hurry, if she appeared...

And now, the bus driver faces his biggest challenge - drive a falling fortress. *puts on shades and cues Inital D music*
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 13:24   Link #23950
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
To people who are unhappy with the series:

Its simple: this arc has taken a very long time. Of course people are going to get all bored of the same enemies. To those who say there has been no development or romance, y'all be crazy, there has been a ton of that.

The fact is that the same enemies and the prolonging the final fight has simply worn down people's patience. I've been able to enjoy this arc for a number of other reasons, focusing on its pros, not its cons. I can understand why people are unhappy, but I'm very content. R+V hasn't changed its just taken on a much meatier arc than usual.

I mean really, if you're a newcomer and just read this series overnight, you would be 100% loving this arc. For us who wait month after month the series gets duller.
__________________
Mach56gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 14:35   Link #23951
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Out getting ice cream with Moka and Akasha.
Age: 23
The reason people are getting unhappy, is because since this is a monthly series, it seems like it's taking a while, but if it was a weekly series or even released every two weeks, this arc would have been long since over.

Great things comes to those who wait.
__________________
Akasha The Nosferatu
Shinso Tsukune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 20:37   Link #23952
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Just read the recent chapters. Wow so action packed.Seems waiting and reading it on one go is the best, though I do get the manga's I'd also like to read in advance chapters and see if they censor anything.

The stage is set everyone has their own enemy to deal with in typical "tag team" shounen fashion against one strong opponent. Can't wait for the next chapter.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 20:50   Link #23953
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
It might just be me but I like this version of Kahula the best. No crying BS, just good ol' nitty gritty vampy slasher smile. NOW she hit my 'sexy' meter. Funny that, seeing how she's more liable to kill someone in this state.

C'mon Moka~chaan! Show Tsukune how a Shinso kicks a head in. XD
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 00:55   Link #23954
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
It might just be me but I like this version of Kahula the best. No crying BS, just good ol' nitty gritty vampy slasher smile. NOW she hit my 'sexy' meter. Funny that, seeing how she's more liable to kill someone in this state.

C'mon Moka~chaan! Show Tsukune how a Shinso kicks a head in. XD
Should know by now that he knows, Tsukune is a puncher.
__________________
Kyero Fox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 01:05   Link #23955
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
It might have some little relation to the events of the current chapter, but recently I started thinking that Tsukune's situation might not be as dangerous as I initially thought.

The reason, why I started thinking like that, is caused by the whole incident during the Human Modifcation Ritual - something that both Gyokuro and Inner Moka don't know about.

Now, I'm quite aware that the ritual didn't go, as planned, causing Tsukune to transform into a different "berserk form" - with a portion (maybe in not such a huge extent, as in the current situation) of Alucarrd's blood awakened within him (since, Tohou Fuhai was capable of sensing Alucard from Tsukune in that form)

Still, even when Tsukune has transformed into that form, he was still vaguely aware of what he was doing, and what was happening around him - naturally he still needed some outside intervention to be capable of getting out of this form, and he is probably going to require a different "outside intervention" to get back to a more normal state, in his current situation.

But that doesn't change the fact that Tsukune might have already taken the first step (although, it certainly won't be, the last one) to change the outcome of his mutation - since, he was still capable of keeping his sanity, even with Alucard's blood being "awakened" in his veins, which ... kind of contradicts with what Gyokuro said about the properties of Alucard's blood...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 01:13   Link #23956
Alhazad2003
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
It might have some little relation to the events of the current chapter, but recently I started thinking that Tsukune's situation might not be as dangerous as I initially thought.

The reason, why I started thinking like that, is caused by the whole incident during the Human Modifcation Ritual - something that both Gyokuro and Inner Moka don't know about.

Now, I'm quite aware that the ritual didn't go, as planned, causing Tsukune to transform into a different "berserk form" - with a portion (maybe in not such a huge extent, as in the current situation) of Alucarrd's blood awakened within him (since, Tohou Fuhai was capable of sensing Alucard from Tsukune in that form)

Still, even when Tsukune has transformed into that form, he was still vaguely aware of what he was doing, and what was happening around him - naturally he still needed some outside intervention to be capable of getting out of this form, and he is probably going to require a different "outside intervention" to get back to a more normal state, in his current situation.

But that doesn't change the fact that Tsukune might have already taken the first step (although, it certainly won't be, the last one) to change the outcome of his mutation - since, he was still capable of keeping his sanity, even with Alucard's blood being "awakened" in his veins, which ... kind of contradicts with what Gyokuro said about the properties of Alucard's blood...
Ooh, good observations, as usual. Yes, maybe Tsukune can get through this without losing himself. Although I disagree with the last part of your post. I'd say Tsukune struggled to have remained sane, while those vampires willfully gave up their sanity, along with their souls, just to have a portion of Alucard's power. The same might've happened to Alucard himself, he lost himself in hatred, until he could've thought of nothing else except destruction. Sort of like Doomsday from the Superman comics. Hopefully we'll find out more next month. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 03:32   Link #23957
Wood_Woody
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I'm a relative newcomer to the series, and I'm beginning to find the story is stagnating a little for my liking. I can only liken it to Snake telling Meryl "What are you waiting for? Shoot!.....".

That said, I think it'll get going over the next two episodes. I think the biggest problem is that there are too many battles taking place at once, I mean we've got Moka taking on Gyokuro, Kahlua facing off against the Black and White Duet, Fong Fong and Yukari seeking out their revenge on Gairen. Let's not forget that somewhere, Fuhai is still duking it out with Issa.

I wonder as well. Has Moka even gone full Shinso yet? If she has the same ability as Akasha did (albeit with less experience), shouldn't she be able to kick lumps out of Gyokuro the same way that Akasha did to Alucard? Even with Kahlua at her strongest, Moka should be able to wipe the floor with her now.

My out-there theory is that as Moka is fighting on, even though she's impaled by Alucard tentacles (oooo-eeerr!), I wonder if a little of Akasha's blood will get exchanged into Moka, resulting in some kind of super-shinso hybrid. Who knows?

I think Moka will get some help too. Tsukune might be out of the fight for the moment, but he'll get back to his feet and come to Moka's aid. Likewise for Kokoa. She'll recover, and stagger back to her feet to face off with Kahlua again.

Last edited by Wood_Woody; 2013-04-02 at 03:34. Reason: Grammatical Error
Wood_Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 04:15   Link #23958
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood_Woody View Post
I'm a relative newcomer to the series, and I'm beginning to find the story is stagnating a little for my liking. I can only liken it to Snake telling Meryl "What are you waiting for? Shoot!.....".

That said, I think it'll get going over the next two episodes. I think the biggest problem is that there are too many battles taking place at once, I mean we've got Moka taking on Gyokuro, Kahlua facing off against the Black and White Duet, Fong Fong and Yukari seeking out their revenge on Gairen. Let's not forget that somewhere, Fuhai is still duking it out with Issa.
Not all of the fights are going to be entirely shown, in the manga - the less important ones, like for example the fight against Kahula or Gairen, are going to be shown in fragments, like what happened with the fight between Kahula and Kokoa earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood_Woody View Post
I wonder as well. Has Moka even gone full Shinso yet? If she has the same ability as Akasha did (albeit with less experience), shouldn't she be able to kick lumps out of Gyokuro the same way that Akasha did to Alucard? Even with Kahlua at her strongest, Moka should be able to wipe the floor with her now.
Moka is still younger then Akasha, and apart from having less experience in using her Shinso / Alucard abilities, she doesn't have the same amount of power that Akasha did.

Also Kahula has some pretty difficult opponent, because of her special abilities, Moka would probably need to get quite serious to be capable of beating her, and that would put her at a disadvantage against Gyokuro - Alucard.

Furthermore, Kahula is still her sister, and Moka definitely isn't as heartless as Gyokuro to be capable of killing her, unless she had no other choice but to do it - although, something like that would still hunt her after words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood_Woody View Post
My out-there theory is that as Moka is fighting on, even though she's impaled by Alucard tentacles (oooo-eeerr!), I wonder if a little of Akasha's blood will get exchanged into Moka, resulting in some kind of super-shinso hybrid. Who knows?
Moka already has Alucard's blood in her veins, and doesn't need any additional power ups, apart from getting mentally used to this power - which, is going to take some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood_Woody View Post
I think Moka will get some help too. Tsukune might be out of the fight for the moment, but he'll get back to his feet and come to Moka's aid. Likewise for Kokoa. She'll recover, and stagger back to her feet to face off with Kahlua again.
Personally I think that Tsukune did enough, with his earlier fight against Gyokuro, which is going to have some significance in Gyokuro's performance in her current fight with Moka.

As for Kokoa, well ... we will see how it goes, personally I also think she did enough, by standing up to Kahula in her "released state".
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 05:05   Link #23959
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Out getting ice cream with Moka and Akasha.
Age: 23
Tsukune isn't going to be down for long, he'll be back on his feet soon, he probably still has more seals to unleash to boost his power, though this will put him at risk, he won't care as along as he can protect Moka, because he isn't going to let her face Gyokuro alone. Both Moka and Tsukune have had great character developments in most recent chapters, so it's fine if they fight Gyokuro as a team.
__________________
Akasha The Nosferatu
Shinso Tsukune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 07:32   Link #23960
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Tsukune isn't going to be down for long, he'll be back on his feet soon, he probably still has more seals to unleash to boost his power, though this will put him at risk, he won't care as along as he can protect Moka, because he isn't going to let her face Gyokuro alone. Both Moka and Tsukune have had great character developments in most recent chapters, so it's fine if they fight Gyokuro as a team.
As always, we have a different opinion on how some events should occur in the manga .

Since, I think that it would be much more satisfying to see, Moka be capable of putting Gyokuro in her place, on her own, after all the emotional pain that she caused her, rather then seeing her do that, with the help of Tsukune.

Not to mention having Tsukune take an even higher risk of endangering himself, just to protect Moka, which I agree would be pretty likely when it comes to his character - but it's not something that Moka would want to happen - as it was shown, during Tsukune's earlier fight with Gyokuro.

Furthermore, I think it's still too early to show another seal release for Tsukune, considering we don't even know, how powerful he gets with his second one, without the outside influence that Alucard's presence brings.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.