AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-27, 01:06   Link #6481
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Y'know, I actually expected Daddy Starbucks to look younger...
thats because its an original character, the "real" papa isn't known yet, and won't be known about for a long time. Think of the anime papa as the censor bears.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 14:03   Link #6482
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... problem is, it's a lot easier to kill the bears than it is a (even watered down) badass vampire

of course, here's the thing about vampires- they're supposed to have longer lives than humans, so when they look in their teens, they're actually about four or five times that age. Which makes me wonder if this is another vampire thing that was twisted, as Moka is stated to be and looks around 17. Makes me wonder if she'll stay looking 17 for a while, or if that rule has been changed in this so that she ages like a human
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 18:38   Link #6483
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... problem is, it's a lot easier to kill the bears than it is a (even watered down) badass vampire

of course, here's the thing about vampires- they're supposed to have longer lives than humans, so when they look in their teens, they're actually about four or five times that age. Which makes me wonder if this is another vampire thing that was twisted, as Moka is stated to be and looks around 17. Makes me wonder if she'll stay looking 17 for a while, or if that rule has been changed in this so that she ages like a human
Don't give me nightmares, longer life=longer series, so by episode 200 when they completely destroy everythign worth while about RV Tsukne will finally be bad ass instead of watered down.... ><
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 19:17   Link #6484
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
longer life doesn't necessarily equal a longer series... it all depends on how much detail you want to go into about the life. Heck, that's why timeskips are in some series- so that a long period of time can be covered in a few pages. Though R+V has more than enough material as of right now, so I'm pretty sure we wouldn't mind this going on for a while.

Besides, SII hasn't even hit 20 chapters, and I hope it'll be longer than the 40 chapters SI was 9even if that means years of waiting for the story to finish, due to monthly releases... but as long as things stay good, I wouldn't mind)
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 06:41   Link #6485
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
That could be a motivational poster.

NO MORE CENSORS!!!
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 20:22   Link #6486
shaolinx
Kani Fascination
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
How so? the most recent arc was completely epic with heart wrenching and edge of your seat events. (Continue through either the manga thread or by talking to me through the profile)
Oh common, I am up the Chap 13 of S2 and I have not felt that way since his goul change since S1 of the manga. Sure this manga is about "friendship" and what not, but i feel that is starting to be over used. The novelty that the manga once had, starts to ware off when it is easily predictable what will happen next.

But especially for me, I guess the one pet-peeve that I have against the manga is that the main character does so little but he is still able to gain massive amounts of power to fight for what he believes in, which i feel, makes it really empty.
__________________
Android Simplicity: Android How Tos, Android Apps, Android USB drivers
All the Android you will never need
www.AndroidSim.net
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 20:44   Link #6487
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Oh common, I am up the Chap 13 of S2 and I have not felt that way since his goul change since S1 of the manga. Sure this manga is about "friendship" and what not, but i feel that is starting to be over used. The novelty that the manga once had, starts to ware off when it is easily predictable what will happen next.

But especially for me, I guess the one pet-peeve that I have against the manga is that the main character does so little but he is still able to gain massive amounts of power to fight for what he believes in, which i feel, makes it really empty.
So little? Did you skip the rest of S1? Tsukune has been fighting virtually non-stop since his transformation. Are you expecting a training arc or something that Bleach and Naruto tends to waste years of chapters on? I say no thank you on that...
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 21:07   Link #6488
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... well, maybe a few chapters to master the ghoul power...

and yes, friendship is a big theme of the manga, but it's only one theme... there are quite a few others as well
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 21:28   Link #6489
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Love, Friendship, humanxyoukai co-existence, youkai's that will destroy that balance, revenge, hatred, jealousy/love harems,romance, fighting...etc.

R+V Manga truly is a great shounen manga. Let's not get to EMO like in the anime. Ecchi I'll applaud with all praises, but Tsukune going EMO on the manga is a NO NO!!!
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 22:23   Link #6490
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Well, pulling off a rosario = almost no effort. Pulling off the rosario while getting stabbed or slashed, or bitten - before and during the act - takes some guts, especially running into it fully knowing that pain's a'comin'.

Tsukune's had to work for this power-up - it's not innate - and if he powers up too much - game over, no more coins.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 22:36   Link #6491
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Well in season1 manga he almost got eaten by the tentacle rape plants from Ruby.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 22:46   Link #6492
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Yeah but luckily Moka's selfish - the only one who gets to 'eat' Tsukune is her and not some freaking Miracle-Gro weeds.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 00:12   Link #6493
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Yeah but luckily Moka's selfish - the only one who gets to 'eat' Tsukune is her and not some freaking Miracle-Gro weeds.
Why do I get this irking feeling that one of these days in the later chapters, Tsukune is going to bite Moka
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 00:53   Link #6494
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Why do I get this irking feeling that one of these days in the later chapters, Tsukune is going to bite Moka
Hey that's a thought! Wait a minute...If that happens he'll be a full blown vamp for sure.

It's the old ritual, vamp drinks you're blood turns you into his/her slave/ghoul, but if he/she likes you, vampires lets you drink there blood and you go vamp. Hmmm...Tsukune might loose his humanity soon like Hokuto? Hope not...

Separate Human Tsukune and Vamp Tsukune. Now that's something in the manga.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:11   Link #6495
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hey that's a thought! Wait a minute...If that happens he'll be a full blown vamp for sure.

It's the old ritual, vamp drinks you're blood turns you into his/her slave/ghoul, but if he/she likes you, vampires lets you drink there blood and you go vamp. Hmmm...Tsukune might loose his humanity soon like Hokuto? Hope not...

Separate Human Tsukune and Vamp Tsukune. Now that's something in the manga.

At this point, I think Tsukune can only be considered mentally human. Can you really be considered human if the blood that runs through you no longer that of human blood?
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:16   Link #6496
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
At this point, I think Tsukune can only be considered mentally human. Can you really be considered human if the blood that runs through you no longer that of human blood?
hell no! I feel Iam just struggling to keep myself as human as possible if Iam at that situation. But it seems since he's still gets injured and scared, the vamp blood is not full blown yet...
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:45   Link #6497
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
hell no! I feel Iam just struggling to keep myself as human as possible if Iam at that situation. But it seems since he's still gets injured and scared, the vamp blood is not full blown yet...
He doesn't really seem to care about his humanity anymore. He just wants the strength to protect whats dear to him.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 02:11   Link #6498
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Well I guess he'll end up like Hokuto, but he won't be influence by revenge and evil.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 02:15   Link #6499
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well I guess he'll end up like Hokuto, but he won't be influence by revenge and evil.
The theories and contemplation as to whats going to become of Tsukune is so mind boggling isn't it? One reason why I love it so much D:
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 02:31   Link #6500
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Anime GAR ENOUGH?... I DON'T THINK SO!

__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.