AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-25, 11:07   Link #741
dosetsu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Uh... what? Moka looking for her mom? I don't remember something like that happening... Sorry, you might be thinking of something else, Moka went to live in human society to try to coexist, but her vampiric blood was too strong to suppress, the silver hair and red eyes with cat slit pupils would make her stick out like a sore thumb, thats the purpose of the rosary.
Pink hair doesn't stick out?

Her powers weren't sealed because they were too strong, she could always control her powers - were do you think the little sister got her complex from? She said she got the rosary because she was hated and caused conflicts, not because of her look.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 11:13   Link #742
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
She was hated cause she was a vampire, her appearance gave away that she was a vampire. Everytime an enemy see her transform, they go... "That Yoki, Silver Hair, Red Eyes, its a vampire!" The Rosary suppresses her Yoki causing the appearance change, making her look "human"
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 11:58   Link #743
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Well as Gin said. She's still as beautiful when she transforms into a vampire. But the red eyes and fangs show.

Mizore has glittering ice hair and ice claws and there's a breeze of coldness everywhere

Kurumu has wings and her tail and her claws are a bit out and she's in a hot mood in her succubus form lol

Yukari and Ruby remains the same, that's why those lizard dudes said that witches are almost like human.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 12:23   Link #744
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Im actually kinda sad.....regarding the whole "ecchi level increase" in season 2 manga.......
i was hoping they wouldn't go the anime route lol
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 12:26   Link #745
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
as long as they keep giving me a healthy serving of vampire Tsukune I'm happy, lol.. oh more Mizore too XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 20:59   Link #746
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
It seems in the last season1 manga the ecchi level went higher. One reason why season2 manga has increased and anime has ALOT of fanservice.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 06:24   Link #747
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
She was hated cause she was a vampire, her appearance gave away that she was a vampire. Everytime an enemy see her transform, they go... "That Yoki, Silver Hair, Red Eyes, its a vampire!" The Rosary suppresses her Yoki causing the appearance change, making her look "human"
What i was wondering about: Was the personality of outer Moka just a side effect of inner Moka supressing her powers? Or is it actually just inner Moka cut off her vampire instincts and therefor when it comes to feelings the "real" Moka? The split personality thing is confusing me over and over again, I still can make no sense of it.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 10:08   Link #748
TigerII
Pilot in Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Earth
I took it as the same person. With the rosario on, her cold and ruthless self is supressed. The good natured, clumsy, loving part of her is the only part shown. They are both the same person, it is just the rosario that seperates them. When off, the dominant personality takes over. But the nice Moka is not completely supressed. This is shown in a few places when Moka without the Rosario shows care and concern for her friends.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 12:48   Link #749
dosetsu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
She was hated cause she was a vampire, her appearance gave away that she was a vampire. Everytime an enemy see her transform, they go... "That Yoki, Silver Hair, Red Eyes, its a vampire!" The Rosary suppresses her Yoki causing the appearance change, making her look "human"
You're mixing things together, I'm not talking about when she's at Youkai Academy, I'm talking about when she was in the human world. She was hated because she always spoke about monster and everyone thought she was weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
What i was wondering about: Was the personality of outer Moka just a side effect of inner Moka supressing her powers? Or is it actually just inner Moka cut off her vampire instincts and therefor when it comes to feelings the "real" Moka? The split personality thing is confusing me over and over again, I still can make no sense of it.
I took it as without her demonic energy, she doesn't have that killer instinct or superiority complex - therefore harmless.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 14:18   Link #750
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It seems in the last season1 manga the ecchi level went higher. One reason why season2 manga has increased and anime has ALOT of fanservice.
Yeah I noticed that too. someone pointed out the ALMOST showage of kurumu's bewbage in like chapter 38 (i forget season 1 ends at which chapter?)

and the season 2 u see the entire thing...which I thought was unnecessary.
I mean....i liked the light humor, i dont want to see this turn into an ecchi fest ya'know?
and plus kurumu is my favorite character...i hate to see her turn into such a skank LOL
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 14:20   Link #751
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
Yeah I noticed that too. someone pointed out the ALMOST showage of kurumu's bewbage in like chapter 38 (i forget season 1 ends at which chapter?)

and the season 2 u see the entire thing...which I thought was unnecessary.
I mean....i liked the light humor, i dont want to see this turn into an ecchi fest ya'know?
and plus kurumu is my favorite character...i hate to see her turn into such a skank LOL
Well technically, it wasn't her flashing her boobs in season 2!
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 14:56   Link #752
yongshun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
Yeah I noticed that too. someone pointed out the ALMOST showage of kurumu's bewbage in like chapter 38 (i forget season 1 ends at which chapter?)
It ends at chapter 40 plus the omakes
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 15:54   Link #753
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I took it as the same person. With the rosario on, her cold and ruthless self is supressed. The good natured, clumsy, loving part of her is the only part shown. They are both the same person, it is just the rosario that seperates them. When off, the dominant personality takes over. But the nice Moka is not completely supressed. This is shown in a few places when Moka without the Rosario shows care and concern for her friends.
She's still haughty as ever, that will never change but she's learned to trust in others alot more than at the beginning of the story. Even when she seemingly turns against Tsukune, telling him he's not needed or that she doesn't want to see him/be near him, it's explained that she's just looking out for his best interests in her own clumsily haughty way. When she was wailing on BerzerkerGhoul Tsukune, despite seeing the need to kill him, she was still crying - INNER Moka was crying. She believes that he's better off as a human and she tries to maintain a certain distance between them (but it's narrowing ).
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 21:56   Link #754
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... for the record, since I'm too lazy to go back and find the post to quote it, perhaps there are things that a simple kick from InnerMoka won't settle (as someone else raised, why is it that that appears to be her only attack, anyways? we may never know...), so why not throw in a few punches or so from VampTsukune? You think that might do the trick (after all, he's at the same level of strength as Inner, and if I remember correctly, he's also quite fast, more or less capable of doing Instant Movement)?

Anyways... S2 may be ecchi, but as long as it's ecchi with a plot, and we have VampTsukune, I don't think too many people will complain (throw in some more InnerMoka and tsukune development, and then you'll really have some fanboys on the extremely happy side)

... and only one more week... I hope I can survive that long for the next chapter of S2...
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 23:02   Link #755
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
InnerMoka's punched before but only on one person - that person was GhoulTsukune - everyone else got her boot. Well, except FireFox..he got a bearhug, but that really doesn't count. Making a vampire fight you seriously is almost an honor - something they don't bestow very often if they can help it. She was fighting to kill him - not to supress him as with her other opponents so she brought her hand skills to bear against him. That and she was already weakened from the water AND she was trying to kill GhoulTsukune, a perdicament that she blamed herself for entirely.

And in the last chapter...Chapter 6 pg 33 - the translator has it that InnerMoka's power is greater than Tsukune's when he's in 'Vampire Mode'. Tsukune has some of her strength but not all of it. He's not a full vampire - she is. She even said it herself: it's not easy to obtain the power of an S-class monster. It's just that Tsukune doesn't succumb to water and the like.

It took Hakuto nearly 2 years to obtain the level of power that he had from Kira...Tsukune's barely been at the academy for a year.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 23:44   Link #756
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'll have to doublecheck the Ch.6 bit... I don't remember that bit about the comparisons, or I may have read a different translation than you. Or I could possibly just be forgetting it. Though, to go technical, in a sense he's just as powerful as her- he may not have her full power, but he also doesn't have any of her weaknesses, due to his human nature.

Also, when it comes to Tsukune learning stuff, it's typical of any shonen series- the main character learns stuff in a miniscule amount of time as compared to the masters (Bleach and other series, anyone?)

And a final note on InnerMoka- you would think by now that someone would've learned to take out her legs, by either breaking them or the like. Heck, in Ruby's episode, when she was tangled up, she was slowed down for a while. Which also has me wondering, we know that vampires are immortal and quick healers in this series, but we've pretty much only seen cuts, scrapes and bruises. I wonder how they would do against actual broken bones? *insert a fic idea coming to me here*
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 23:49   Link #757
Julius Firefocht
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I'll have to doublecheck the Ch.6 bit... I don't remember that bit about the comparisons, or I may have read a different translation than you. Or I could possibly just be forgetting it. Though, to go technical, in a sense he's just as powerful as her- he may not have her full power, but he also doesn't have any of her weaknesses, due to his human nature.

Also, when it comes to Tsukune learning stuff, it's typical of any shonen series- the main character learns stuff in a miniscule amount of time as compared to the masters (Bleach and other series, anyone?)

And a final note on InnerMoka- you would think by now that someone would've learned to take out her legs, by either breaking them or the like. Heck, in Ruby's episode, when she was tangled up, she was slowed down for a while. Which also has me wondering, we know that vampires are immortal and quick healers in this series, but we've pretty much only seen cuts, scrapes and bruises. I wonder how they would do against actual broken bones? *insert a fic idea coming to me here*
I dunno. Can a vampire's bones be broken in the first place? Looking at the abuse that Moka heaps upon her legs and body during combat, I would have thought that something would be broken by now. A arm, perhaps. Or her ankle. Something.

But no, she is still fully functional after each and every fight, getting superficial injuries but no broken bones.
__________________
In the eternal service of Her Most Holy God-Empress, Suzumiya Haruhi and Primarch Fate Testarossa Harlaown of the Blood Angels Legion.
~~~~~
We are armored by the Empress Herself.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 00:16   Link #758
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
My guess is that in order for a broken bone, she'd have to take a TON of abuse. All the fights haven't lasted all that long, but something tells me that put her up against a powerful enemy (something that's another S-class monster), and force the fight to drag out a while... she might not get away as luckily.

And besides, even though it seems impossible, twist her legs in some weird contortionist manner, and assuming she doesn't break free first (which would be the most plausible thing to actually happen), I doubt she's flexible enough to get away from that. Demon or not, bones are still physical, and can be damaged. Just the rate of healing might be a lot faster than that of a human's, I should think
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 01:49   Link #759
yongshun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, Ca
Maybe the Vampires in this universe have bones as strong as diamond, so dense that they don't break unless struck by something of equal density.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 02:15   Link #760
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Looking at vampires at Jojo's Bizarre Adventure it seems they have different powers and properties. Some suck blood with fangs, others with fingers and others eat humans like a blob. Seems in R+V inner Moka has a unbeatable strength and speed, yet Gin is the only monster that can rival her speed and might be greater in the full moon. But Moka is like Super Girl if kyrptonite is her weakness, water is for Moka.

And don't worry about Kurumu turning on the ecchi button, it's her nature since she's a succubus after all. lol. I like all the girls in R+V since they are not palate swaps of faces like OTHER anime and manga's out there.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.