AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-14, 10:41   Link #12101
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
For Scars:

Ikeda just doesn't draw Tsukune that detailed, he's trademark scar is the deep X shape, the other scars are drawn at times when he's topless, though at times they're not there, so pretty much we can say Tsukune does have scars, but not as detailed drawn

For Vamp Blood

Moka didn't want for Tsukune to die in season1 that's why she did it, Tsukune kinda liked it, but Inner Moka warns him that it's her blood and not his own power, thus later on the overdose of the vamp blood turned him to a ghoul. Now it's controlled by the holy lock and his training. Later on probably Tsukune won't need that lock anymore.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 12:47   Link #12102
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
For Scars:

Ikeda just doesn't draw Tsukune that detailed, he's trademark scar is the deep X shape, the other scars are drawn at times when he's topless, though at times they're not there, so pretty much we can say Tsukune does have scars, but not as detailed drawn

For Vamp Blood

Moka didn't want for Tsukune to die in season1 that's why she did it, Tsukune kinda liked it, but Inner Moka warns him that it's her blood and not his own power, thus later on the overdose of the vamp blood turned him to a ghoul. Now it's controlled by the holy lock and his training. Later on probably Tsukune won't need that lock anymore.
Kenjiharima, I also think that Tsukune won't need the "lock" later in the manga.

But what I want to ask is, Tsukune has fangs now, they might be small, but he still has them, right ? ( They are visible in some chapters of the manga, but not in all so it's making me a bit )

Did they appear right after, he almost became a Ghoul,
or grew with time ( as his body became more accustomed to
vampire blood ) ??

And his parents didn't notice them ... well they even haven't noticed his Holy Lock, so such a subtle difference in appearance could have not been noticed, if they noticed his lock, I'm sure they would question Tsukune what he is wearing it for, well his summer vacation between the first and second Season of the manga was never mentioned, so we don't know what he was doing during that time, but logically thinking, Tsukune couldn't have been wearing long sleeved clothes for the entire summer ... it would be probably too hot for him.

So maybe Tsukune's "Holy lock" is surrounded by a spell that prevents "normal" humans from seeing it ?
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 13:17   Link #12103
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
People notices the lock, it's only unusual because of the school's chairman won't stop being suspicious about it. And in theory Tsukune shouldn't even be able to use his youkai while locked.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 13:51   Link #12104
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
His fangs grow in when he activates his power, just like how his hair changes color and his eyes turn. And I think the lock is acting like a suppressant. It's job was to repress the vampire blood in Tsukune. I think that those particular locks are 'training tools' - they repress but they also allow for the use of youki, but if too much is used at once (ie enough to start turning a human into a youkai), it starts breaking.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 14:09   Link #12105
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
People notices the lock, it's only unusual because of the school's chairman won't stop being suspicious about it. And in theory Tsukune shouldn't even be able to use his youkai while locked.
I always thought that was weird. But I figured they were just squeezing youki out through the cracks and using it. Its weird.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 14:16   Link #12106
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
His fangs grow in when he activates his power, just like how his hair changes color and his eyes turn. And I think the lock is acting like a suppressant. It's job was to repress the vampire blood in Tsukune. I think that those particular locks are 'training tools' - they repress but they also allow for the use of youki, but if too much is used at once (ie enough to start turning a human into a youkai), it starts breaking.
That's a interesting theory, that I wish to add things too.

I mean, didn't Tsukune's lock started breaking from the start ? - so it could mean that he has already started turning into a youkai.

And also remember when Inner Moka has proposed to train Tsukune ... she asked him - " ... but, I thought you didn't want to become a Youkai Tsukune ... " - or something similar.

And one more thing, in favor of your theory Tempest ... in the doppelganger arc, when Tsukune was "rampaging" and lost control, after he was sealed, didn't he look more like a vampire ... I mean his eyes where a bit more slitted then before, and he looked a bit more mature. At least that's, what I thought when I saw him stop the doppelganger. And well he stopped Inner Moka there ( at least her power ) without turning into his "vampire form" ( it didn't look like the doppelganger was holding back, well he could already be weakening due, to the rosario )

So it could all mean that he is getting closer to becoming a dampir ... ( or at least controlling his vampire abilities without the lock )
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 14:55   Link #12107
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
That's a interesting theory, that I wish to add things too.

I mean, didn't Tsukune's lock started breaking from the start ? - so it could mean that he has already started turning into a youkai.

And also remember when Inner Moka has proposed to train Tsukune ... she asked him - " ... but, I thought you didn't want to become a Youkai Tsukune ... " - or something similar.

And one more thing, in favor of your theory Tempest ... in the doppelganger arc, when Tsukune was "rampaging" and lost control, after he was sealed, didn't he look more like a vampire ... I mean his eyes where a bit more slitted then before, and he looked a bit more mature. At least that's, what I thought when I saw him stop the doppelganger. And well he stopped Inner Moka there ( at least her power ) without turning into his "vampire form" ( it didn't look like the doppelganger was holding back, well he could already be weakening due, to the rosario )

So it could all mean that he is getting closer to becoming a dampir ... ( or at least controlling his vampire abilities without the lock )
What exactly the lock does is still kinda in the air. We do know that it's a limiter of sorts in that it helps suppress/control the youki in vampire blood. Whether it's helping Tsukune become a human/vampire hybrid or a full vampire is still a question mark. The links of the lock cracking are the result of the excess amount of youki Tsukune puts out before he was able to learn to control it. IMO, Tsukune will never become a full youkai. However, I do think that the lock will eventually come off in the future and he'll be some sort of hybrid. I think the lock is there to help him slowly gain control of vampire youki. Eventually he'll be able to use it's full power without it turning him into a Berserker.

The changes that you saw in Tsukune during the doppelganger arc was just the art style evolving. If you look at the art from the start of Season 2 and the art in the past few chapters, there's a subtle change. Everyone is looking more mature, Ikeda is either illustrating their growth or his art style is just getting better. Case in point, take a look at Yukari then and Yukari now. She's starting to lose that loli look. Same thing for Kokoa. Which might be a bad thing for some people

He was able to stop the doppelganger Moka because the doppleganger gained Moka's weaknesses. Tsukune pretty much had the Rosary in his hand when he caught doppelganger Moka's punch.

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2009-11-14 at 15:10.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:15   Link #12108
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
What exactly the lock does is still kinda in the air. We do know that it's a limiter of sorts in that it helps suppress/control the youki in vampire blood. Whether it's helping Tsukune become a human/vampire hybrid or a full vampire is still a question mark. The links of the lock cracking are the result of the excess amount of youki Tsukune puts out before he was able to learn to control it. IMO, Tsukune will never become a full youkai. However, I do think that the lock will eventually come off in the future and he'll be some sort of hybrid. I think the lock is there to help him slowly gain control of vampire youki. Eventually he'll be able to use it's full power without it turning him into a Berserker.

The changes that you saw in Tsukune during the doppelganger arc was just the art style evolving. If you look at the art from the start of Season 2 and the art in the past few chapters, there's a subtle change. Everyone is looking more mature, Ikeda is either illustrating their growth or his art style is just getting better. Case in point, take a look at Yukari then and Yukari now. She's starting to lose that loli look. Same thing for Kokoa.

He was able to stop the doppelganger Moka because the doppleganger gained Moka's weaknesses. Tsukune pretty much had the Rosary in his hand when he caught doppelganger Moka's punch.
But if I remember correctly in the last arc of Season I, when Inner Moka was awakened by the Lilith Mirror, didn't it say that the rosario needed some time to seal her power again ??

So it could mean that for some amount of time Tsukune had to deal with the full power of Inner Moka. Of course he could also survive that, if the doppelganger Moka didn't channel the same amount of youki, that Inner Moka usually channels into her attacks, but the second assumption for me is a bit lacking, because for me, it did not seem like doppelganger Moka was holding back.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:24   Link #12109
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
But if I remember correctly in the last arc of Season I, when Inner Moka was awakened by the Lilith Mirror, didn't it say that the rosario needed some time to seal her power again ??

So it could mean that for some amount of time Tsukune had to deal with the full power of Inner Moka. Of course he could also survive that, if the doppelganger Moka didn't channel the same amount of youki, that Inner Moka usually channels into her attacks, but the second assumption for me is a bit lacking, because for me, it did not seem like doppelganger Moka was holding back.
From what I've seen so far, the Rosary pretty much starts working instantly.

The Lilith Mirror was a bit of an oddity. Re-read the chapter, Moka was pretty much nerfed from the start after using the mirror on herself. Ishigami was able to get in the first strike because Moka was still wearing the Rosary. Moka's reaction time, speed, and power were significantly reduced. The mirror's effect on the "victim" also slowly fades away meaning the Rosary's sealing power gradually goes back up. Basically, the mirror was temporarily negating some of the Rosary's sealing power.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:25   Link #12110
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
But if I remember correctly in the last arc of Season I, when Inner Moka was awakened by the Lilith Mirror, didn't it say that the rosario needed some time to seal her power again ??
The whole incident with the Lilith Mirror allowed Inner Moka to be released without having Tsukune remove the seal, but since she was still wearing the rosario it still kept her powers in check so she still wasn't as powerful as she could have been. I don't remember there ever being a problem with how long it took the rosario to seal her power.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:29   Link #12111
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
The whole incident with the Lilith Mirror allowed Inner Moka to be released without having Tsukune remove the seal, but since she was still wearing the rosario it still kept her powers in check so she still wasn't as powerful as she could have been. I don't remember there ever being a problem with how long it took the rosario to seal her power.
I see, thanks guys to me it was a bit confusing, since at the beginning when she was just awakened by the mirror, she didn't have a problem defending Tsukune's cousin , that means defeating the monsters that where surrounding them.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:32   Link #12112
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I see, thanks guys to me it was a bit confusing, since at the beginning when she was just awakened by the mirror, she didn't have a problem defending Tsukune's cousin , that means defeating the monsters that where surrounding them.
No, she still had a problem, it was just that the problem didn't make itself known until the threats got bigger. She was able to handle the small, stupid things with ease, but when her opponents got tougher she had a harder time of it... which was when Inner realized that even with the Lilith Mirror she still wouldn't be full power without Tsukune removing the rosario.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:35   Link #12113
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
No, she still had a problem, it was just that the problem didn't make itself known until the threats got bigger. She was able to handle the small, stupid things with ease, but when her opponents got tougher she had a harder time of it... which was when Inner realized that even with the Lilith Mirror she still wouldn't be full power without Tsukune removing the rosario.
Yep, that's pretty much how it went.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:41   Link #12114
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
No, she still had a problem, it was just that the problem didn't make itself known until the threats got bigger. She was able to handle the small, stupid things with ease, but when her opponents got tougher she had a harder time of it... which was when Inner realized that even with the Lilith Mirror she still wouldn't be full power without Tsukune removing the rosario.
Well, after that she seemed to open herself up to Tsukune, a little more - I think it was the first time Inner Moka blushed, I could be wrong, but ... anyway just before Tsukune and Inner shake hands, there was a panel with Inner blushing ... and also both Tsukune and Inner Moka had red pupils in that panel,
but I think it's a bit insignificant ( the eye color ) ...

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-11-14 at 15:59.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 17:18   Link #12115
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Tsukune had the option of living a "normal human" life, if he chose to not learn to use his Youki. By learning to use his youki, I think his body becomes further adapted to it and changes his biological structure to suit that youki. There has already been several comments on how he's no longer physically human.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 19:01   Link #12116
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Y'know, I think that this is the longest this thread has had an actual serious discussion...

And all of this coincides with Hakuto's situation in the school, being a human who had monster's blood injected into him. To survive, both he and Tsukune were given a youkai's blood in order for them to 'survive' in the school. It's interesting to note that Hakuto used up a lot of youki in order to keep up with fighting Tsukune in human form. The vampire blood is far more potent than whatever Kira is, despite Kira being a fairly high-class youkai himself. From previous trials, they must have learned that it takes a very strong-willed human to deal with the changes both within and without. That's why the headmaster has always told Tsukune that he will expel him if he fails at a task or such - if the human (Tsukune) does not truly want to be in Youkai Academy and does not truly want to have peace between humans and youkai, then there's no way he's going to have the mental fortitude needed to pass all the trials.

So the three Great Lords are most definitely trying to make hybrids between youkai and humans to help facillitate peace between the two.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 22:04   Link #12117
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Y'know, I think that this is the longest this thread has had an actual serious discussion...
That seems to be the case. If you go back a few pages, you'll see the nice discussion we had going about the R+V girls' measurements and cup sizes and before that was the potential (or lack of potential) for yuri relationships in the manga.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:35   Link #12118
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where magic is real
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The reason it's so large- the mods pay very little attention to this thread...

otherwise, this probably would've been cut about 100 pages ago... maybe when we hit 1000 they'll notice?
__________________
Gifted...or Cursed?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:36   Link #12119
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Y'know, I think that this is the longest this thread has had an actual serious discussion...

And all of this coincides with Hakuto's situation in the school, being a human who had monster's blood injected into him. To survive, both he and Tsukune were given a youkai's blood in order for them to 'survive' in the school. It's interesting to note that Hakuto used up a lot of youki in order to keep up with fighting Tsukune in human form. The vampire blood is far more potent than whatever Kira is, despite Kira being a fairly high-class youkai himself. From previous trials, they must have learned that it takes a very strong-willed human to deal with the changes both within and without. That's why the headmaster has always told Tsukune that he will expel him if he fails at a task or such - if the human (Tsukune) does not truly want to be in Youkai Academy and does not truly want to have peace between humans and youkai, then there's no way he's going to have the mental fortitude needed to pass all the trials.

So the three Great Lords are most definitely trying to make hybrids between youkai and humans to help facillitate peace between the two.
I also think that way Tempest, so I agree with you on your theory ( about the Great Lords)
.
Let's also not forget Jack Frost's ( is that correct ? ) prophecy regarding Tsukune and Moka, that they have a destiny that will change the world.

I think the prophecy of the Snow Priestess,and the three Great Lords plans regarding Tsukune are definitely related.

Also as you said Tempest, there are definitely similarities between Tsukune and Hokuto, and there is something that makes me a bit curious ... haven't Hokuto used uo all his youkai power in his fight with Tsukune and Moka, and if he did - he was unconscious after they recovered the barrier, right - then why did Kiria's blood made him recover, he injected his monster blood into Hokuto again, right ... isn't that a bit strange ?

Do you think that we will see Hokuto again in Sesaon II ?

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-11-15 at 03:18.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 03:47   Link #12120
Ged
Legendary
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I also think that way Tempest, so I agree with you on your theory ( about the Great Lords)
.
Let's also not forget Jack Frost's ( is that correct ? ) prophecy regarding Tsukune and Moka, that they have a destiny that will change the world.

I think the prophecy of the Snow Priestess,and the three Great Lords plans regarding Tsukune are definitely related.

Also as you said Tempest, there are definitely similarities between Tsukune and Hokuto, and there is something that makes me a bit curious ... haven't Hokuto used uo all his youkai power in his fight with Tsukune and Moka, and if he did - he was unconscious after they recovered the barrier, right - then why did Kiria's blood made him recover, he injected his monster blood into Hokuto again, right ... isn't that a bit strange ?

Do you think that we will see Hokuto again in Sesaon II ?
That Hokuto guy will definely play some kind of part in the end at least. As he's situation is so smilar to Tsukune's.
But wasn't Hokuto allready a hybrid? In that case his recorvery would make sense. I mean... he didn't have any kind of ''lock'' or other limitter right?
Ged is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.