AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-01, 00:13   Link #12681
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Actually it's not, even in the Viz books it says brown. So I guess there is one image, from the cover of an H doujin, that correctly colors her hair brown.
Spoiler for sightly NSFW pic:
Wow...my bad! Then why the pink in all the official art and the anime

Hmm, looking at that doujin cover, she looks pretty damn cute with the brown hair. Even though the doujin art doesn't really come close to the actually R+V art, I think Outer Moka might look even better as a brunette.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 00:46   Link #12682
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
I guess the pink just stuck. Moka DOES look more normal as a brunette though...much easier to pass as a 'normal human' with brown hair instead of pink hair in my opinion...

And it makes for a bigger shock to see a brunette suddenly change to white hair all of a sudden. Oh well, it's too late for the official guys to make the change: Pink haired Moka is here to stay...assuming that they fix the current problem.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 01:41   Link #12683
yongshun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oakland, Ca
you all have to kinda remember artist take liberties when it comes to hair color in comics.
__________________

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 03:46   Link #12684
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I guess the pink just stuck. Moka DOES look more normal as a brunette though...much easier to pass as a 'normal human' with brown hair instead of pink hair in my opinion...

And it makes for a bigger shock to see a brunette suddenly change to white hair all of a sudden. Oh well, it's too late for the official guys to make the change: Pink haired Moka is here to stay...assuming that they fix the current problem.
Well I'm sure it would much nicer for Outer Moka to stay as a brunette ( and I it think being a brunette suits her better, unfortunately we got Moka's hair changed to pink color and there's nothing that we can do about it.

Well about the situation that happend in chapter 26 I found an interesting theory about it , well at the beginning of this chapter it was said by Inner Moka that the reason why she was able to talk with Outer Moka more often was because, she started synchronizing her mind with Outer Moka ... so what is Inner Moka basically saying is that she is getting more compatible with Outer Moka lately. That menas that the separation between the two personalities ( the seal ) is becoming redundant.

If we connect it with how Inner Moka is behaving lately and that she seems to show more and more aspects of behavior that we usually connected with Outer Moka I think it's safe to assume that Inner Moka is getting more in touch with herself and her feelings, to sum it up she is getting back the part's of her personality back ( the one she had before Inner Moka was sealed by the Rosario ), and it's further evidence that Inner Moka was the "real" Moka and Outer Moka was a personality "created" by the presence of the Rosario.

If you add to that the fact that Outer Moka was complaining that she was getting a bit sleepy lately and if you remember at the beginning of the series that it was Inner Moka who displayed this "condition" I think that logically we should assume that the "Outer Moka" and if we connect it with the information that we got from this chapter, which is the weakening of Moka's seal , it's no wonder to get that what we see happening right now is a slow assimilation of the "Outer Moka" personality by Inner Moka.

If we add to it the final piece of information that this chapter provided which is according to the Wong family and that is that the Rosario is a temporary seal and that means that it still would break one day ( probably, leaving only Inner Moka the only personality in Moka's body). Of course it's a slow process and I think that if things where going "normally" Outer Moka would still have plenty of time left ( assuming if she where alive back then ) but Tsukune's presence sped up the the process ( well, the constant releases of the seal have definitely brought a huge strain on the seal, which eventually led to the situation we have now ).

Looking back I think that the seal has started becoming unstable during the period of time that went between chapter 22 and chapter 23, because it was in chapter 23 that we got a hint about Inner Moka's "true" feelings ( which was a radical character development at that time).

Well, I'm quite interested in what the mangaka plans to do next ... I don't think that finding a solution to this problem will be easy and even if they find a solution it will be a temporary solution at best. ( at least that's my opinion ) What I would like to see, but unfortunately it seems the least probable option knowing Inner Moka's character and her feelings foreword Outer Moka ( which where again shown in this chapter that Inner Moka cares ( in her own Tsundere way ) about the well-being of her Outer persona ), anyway what I would like to see is for Outer Moka being unrecoverable ( that they will find out that Moka's seal has gotten to a point where repairing it is impossible and getting a new one would be too risky for Inner Moka .... well that it would be a very high probability that this "new" Rosario would make Inner Moka permanently sealed ) and after that the depressed Inner Moka ( her depression caused by loosing her Outer Moka personality - well it would just be her "Outer" persona being hidden inside her "Inner" persona and she would probably have no self-consciousness left ) would
seek consolation in Tsukune's arms ( who, also would be quite upset over this development and probably blame himself ), anyway I think it would be about the two of them trying to console each other over their loss of Outer Moka.

It's not like I wouldn't be sad if things turned out this way, despite anything I think that I and many other reader's of this manga have grew quite fond of Outer Moka and her quirks, it's just that if we asume what I said before as truth then won't the reverse happen when the seal is going to be restored ? I mean that if as I said before Inner Moka is getting more compatible with Outer Moka, because the separation between them is getting redundant, then if the seal is going to be restored won't the compatibility level between Inner Moka and Outer level return to how it was at the beginning of the manga, well there are going to be many consequences if things actually turn out this way, but the one most noticeable is that Inner Moka's personality would return to how it was before she met with Tsukune, which would be quite a step back in Tsukune X Moka's relationship ( It's not that Inner Moka would loose her feelings for Tsukune, just that she would be much more reluctant to show her "true" feelings to Tsukune and the others ) .... so saying, ultimately this situation leaves me in quite a dilemma , because I don't want Outer Moka to go away and on another hand, I don't want Inner Moka to loose her "softer" side, which she began to show lately.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-01 at 04:04.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 04:42   Link #12685
TadloS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lithuania
Age: 22
Spoiler:


Tsukune was a true man in this chapter. He even accepted Uru-chan pumpkin despite how deadly it looked. :gar
TadloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 05:17   Link #12686
microgamer
Inventor of Tapping
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I actually really loved these past two chapters. I don't know if it was because it was a nice surprise on new years or what (at this point, I've stopped expecting a new R+V at the beginning of the month and just read them as they become available), but these chapters were good, even if some things might've been predictable, they were done well.

I was kinda upset with the treatment that Ruby's been getting lately, basically being reduced to the S&M gag character in each chapter (reminds me of her "many many things have happened" line from the anime), but I love her still.

It would have quite the impact if Outer Moka disappeared for good. Inner Moka would probably still be the number one contender for Tsukune, but it would still give the impression that the other girls would have a chance.
microgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 06:09   Link #12687
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Actually the other girl's have a better chance if outer is mostly around. Do you honestly think inner would put up with some of the antics that the girls do like outer handles? Plus if inner gets over her pride thing, then the other girl's chances are almost slim to none...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 12:15   Link #12688
GrrDraxin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Empire of Lolitannia (as Ambassador)
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I don't think it's quite as dramatic as people think. I think that the seal on Moka has a lot in common to the Grand Barrier that the school is in, and that like it, it takes some time to "shut down". Thinking of the colar she has as the control panel and the rosary as the key like the exorcist's Rosary of Judgement, removing Moka's rosary would be like executing the shut down command on the Grand Barrier, and it takes time to fully power down because it's so powerful. So the logical thing may be to power it back up some to restore the seal.
__________________
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 13:38   Link #12689
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Well, I thought of the rosary problem this way - how many times has Tsukune physically yanked the cross from the collar? Doing something like that would undoubtedly weaken the chain (connections) right? Obviously if it's loose, it won't work the way it was meant to.

The silver cross and the collar were made in such a specific manner, it's a work of art if you think about the way it was designed and how it functions on a vampire no less. Able to seal the blood but not the body...I wonder if the red gem on the cross is Moka's blood crystallized or something like that, because it seems to work just on her (or anyone bearing her form but that could just be the silver's sealing properties at work too).

I'm not too worried about how Tsukune and Ura-Moka will develop a relationship because they are already in one (even if Ura doesn't know it yet). She was thinking of him when cooking a pumpkin pie, she's saved him a bunch of times, some at the cost of getting herself hurt in the process, and she's given him her blood so that he can continue to live and fight. I really don't see how anyone can doubt that some sort of strong bond/relationship doesn't exist between them. Well, maybe Kurumu thought Moka 'despised' Tsukune from what she said to him back in Chapter 1 of the second season but we all know what she was really talking about, ne?
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 13:53   Link #12690
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I don't think it's quite as dramatic as people think. I think that the seal on Moka has a lot in common to the Grand Barrier that the school is in, and that like it, it takes some time to "shut down". Thinking of the colar she has as the control panel and the rosary as the key like the exorcist's Rosary of Judgement, removing Moka's rosary would be like executing the shut down command on the Grand Barrier, and it takes time to fully power down because it's so powerful. So the logical thing may be to power it back up some to restore the seal.
Well it might be as you say GrrDraxin but it's merely speculation, because we still don't know how exactly Moka's seal is working.

And also we have the Wong siblings statement that the seal that Moka has right now is a temporary one, which probably means that it will break some day, no mater how many times they . It's true that the still hasn't broken, but it was implied that if Inner Moka stays as she is now the seal would break completely ( well the implications of Moka's seal breaking have been shown in Hokuto's arc ).

And even if you are right that the only thing required to restore the seal is to power it back up, the question is what effect will it have on Inner and Outer Moka, well truth be told I don't think that we could find the answer on how to solve the seal problem, since we haven't been given the reason why has it gotten unsteady ... the only thing that we know about the seal's condition is

Spoiler for The Wong Siblings explanation:


Apart from that the only things we know about Moka's seal or is connected to it in some way:

1.) It seems that after she got the seal Moka's personality was split into two ( Inner Moka and Outer Moka )

I don't remember it ever being mentioned from where Outer Moka's personality aspects came from but the most common hypothesis is that they where part's of the personality Moka had as a child that where hidden behind a mask that was build from the way she was brought up ( From the few hints we got from Kokoa I think it's safe to assume it was harsh ... Inner Moka's superior attitude also probably has it origins from there ...

Another fact hinted a few times in the manga is that whatever the Rosario did to Moka's "original" personality the personalities that we know aren't completely separated ( they have different levels of awareness of the other personality's actions )

2.) The second fact that we know is after Tsukune enters the plot, here we had this perfectly ordinary average guy ( he isn't such an average guy anymore, right ) who's only special ability is being able to take Moka's rosario off without any repercussions ( this latest development might suggest otherwise but as I mentioned before we don't know what caused the seal to enter this state ) We also saw what are the consequences of Outer Moka removing her seal on her own, it leads to the seal being broken, which also leads to the effect of

3.) Some time after we learn that Inner Moka can communicate with her Outer personality when she is sealed, using the Rosario as a medium, again it hasn't been directly mentioned what caused this "effect" to emerge but the manga suggests that it might be because Moka's seal is weakening.

This "effect" has shown signs of developing further in the manga ... the latest chapter mentions that Inner Moka is able to use this method of communication ( it hasn't been mentioned how many times Inner Moka can use the Rosario as a medium ... the only thing mentioned is that before Inner Moka ... " could talk to Outer Moka once in every two-three days" or something like that.

The explanation given is that Inner Moka is know able to synchronize her mind with her Outer persona ... which could have some long term consequences but nothing more was given in the manga.

4.) The latest piece of information about Moka's seal given is that it's temporary, well so far it hasn't been mentioned if there are another types of seals ( well there is Tsukune's Holy Lock but it is even more mysterious then Moka's Rosario ) anyway it has been implied in the manga that leaving the seal as it is, would ultimately lead to it's destruction

Well and I think that's all that we know about the seal so far ... the rest is merely speculation on our part ... I think that I covered everything that was mentioned so far, but if I forgot about something let me know, okay
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 14:10   Link #12691
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
dude the Wong guys sister? aunt? w.e, she has rocket launchers in her chest
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 16:57   Link #12692
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Finally , finally chapter 25-26 !!

Chapter 25 :

Well , not very interesting , as usual , typical item which switch your body and you know what will happens after .
Ruby in Nurse
Best thing there was that Yukari won't say no for a THREESOME with Moka and Tsukune

Chapter 26 :

Hurray for Inner Moka , she was so moe
The cook's part was hilarious . Cute pics !

But the end with the seal remind me , you know , Gonzo's rosario to vampire ....
Noooo , don't tell me that it'll turn like that .
I mean , they'll take the easiest solution => Split Moka in 2 ! Inner and Outer !!! ... sorry but it's so wrong , Outer should not exist in the beginning , she's just a personality and use the real Moka's body ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 19:41   Link #12693
KoSa333
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I'm thinking about how the Wong's know that much about the rosario. I'm almost completly sure that the one who knows that much is fong-fong's sister (i think her name is ling-ling maybe i don't remember )
I'm sure her necklace is not ordinary, we could see it on each of her zombies but what about the bell? Is it a decoration or could be some kind of seal?

Fong-fong is simply too stupid to know that much about items like that, and the other thing is why would her siser show up if not because she is the one who knows about the seals a lot.
KoSa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 20:57   Link #12694
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
What's good to know is that the chapters we thought to be fillers may not be as much filler as we thought...minus the Yukari one, that sucked, lol.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 22:03   Link #12695
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Finally , finally chapter 25-26 !!

Chapter 25 :

Well , not very interesting , as usual , typical item which switch your body and you know what will happens after .
Ruby in Nurse
Best thing there was that Yukari won't say no for a THREESOME with Moka and Tsukune

Chapter 26 :

Hurray for Inner Moka , she was so moe
The cook's part was hilarious . Cute pics !

But the end with the seal remind me , you know , Gonzo's rosario to vampire ....
Noooo , don't tell me that it'll turn like that .
I mean , they'll take the easiest solution => Split Moka in 2 ! Inner and Outer !!! ... sorry but it's so wrong , Outer should not exist in the beginning , she's just a personality and use the real Moka's body ...
It won't happen, Tsukune doesn't need another difficult decision. Everything is simply leading up to the Fong family crisis.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 22:45   Link #12696
GrrDraxin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Empire of Lolitannia (as Ambassador)
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Perhaps what this will lead up to is Moka acquiring a different type of seal later on, but how it will effect her is another mystery. I doubt the Wongs could provide one, even if they offer to, I don't think Moka would accept it because they could use that as leverage to recruit her and Tsukune into their "family".

In fact, I believe they might actually try to pitch that kind of deal to them. We all know that they could easily call in some favors from The Exorcist for that too, since they've done a lot for the sake of the school as it is. So if they're smart, going to the exorcist would be the "safer, though albeit creepier option, rather than take any kind of deal the Wongs would offer up.
__________________
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 23:07   Link #12697
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It won't happen, Tsukune doesn't need another difficult decision. Everything is simply leading up to the Fong family crisis.
Yeah, the guy already has it hard enough with that harem of his. It's gonna take all he's got to settle that once and for all.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 02:07   Link #12698
velvet nightmare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
iirc isn't the second time that yukari realized that her being young was alright and she'd go at her own pace? if not the third?
__________________
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 02:48   Link #12699
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Finally , finally chapter 25-26 !!

Chapter 25 :

Well , not very interesting , as usual , typical item which switch your body and you know what will happens after .
Ruby in Nurse
Best thing there was that Yukari won't say no for a THREESOME with Moka and Tsukune

Chapter 26 :

Hurray for Inner Moka , she was so moe
The cook's part was hilarious . Cute pics !

But the end with the seal remind me , you know , Gonzo's rosario to vampire ....
Noooo , don't tell me that it'll turn like that .
I mean , they'll take the easiest solution => Split Moka in 2 ! Inner and Outer !!! ... sorry but it's so wrong , Outer should not exist in the beginning , she's just a personality and use the real Moka's body ...
It won't happen this way, I think the manga suggests that Outer Moka's personality is slowly getting assimilated into Inner Moka. The proof is that in this chapter Inner Moka started to behave a bit like Outer Moka ( well with a bit more mature approach to some things ), also she was concerned about Tsukune's health almost as much as Outer Moka,

so we can see Inner Moka slowly get's aspects of personality that we usually associated with Outer Moka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It won't happen, Tsukune doesn't need another difficult decision. Everything is simply leading up to the Fong family crisis.
To tell you the truth HayashiTakara right know I'm more interested in how they will solve the seal problem, rather then what Fong's family crisis is, to me the mangaka has introduced quite a plot twist, which made the Wong's family problems at the lowest priority of things needing a resolve .
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 02:59   Link #12700
microgamer
Inventor of Tapping
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
iirc isn't the second time that yukari realized that her being young was alright and she'd go at her own pace? if not the third?
You might be thinking of the anime, where Yukari had an episode dedicated to her that was similar to chapter 25's conclusion (the one where she grew older thanks to the nurse character). The Manga did have the growing drops chapter(s), but the focus was on Kokoa. In the witch's hill arc, Kurumu called Yukari a baby and said she was weak, but the way that resolved was Yukari fighting off monsters by herself to show that that wasn't the case. Ultimately, it's still a running theme for Yukari to struggle with the implications of her age, but what was covered in chapter 25 was technically new when you look further into it. It probably felt especially stale/rehashed because of the freaky friday body switch plot device is pretty predictable.
microgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.