AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-05-12, 01:07   Link #13961
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

While I'm already beginning to like Akuha, I hope this doesn't turn out like Ga-Rei where the manga focuses too much on the relationship between the girls and how deep their bond is, and then completely render Tsukune as a side character.
Old 2010-05-12, 01:46   Link #13962
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
All these talks make sense only if you support idea that Inner Moka and Outer Moka are the same being.

I do not support such view - for me the only real Moka is the inner one, the outer one is a fake created for its own purposes so your words make no sense for me and carry no proof in your argumentation whatsoever.
Say what you want to say and believe what you want to believe. I'm going strictly by what I see in the manga, and the manga clearly states that the seal acts to seal off a certain aspect of someone's character, leaving only a few other aspects in the open. It even proposed an example that if a similar seal was used on Touhai, a strong pervert, to seal away the "strong" aspect, all that would be left is the pervert. In Moka's case, it seals away her battle strength and Vampire nature, leaving only her cleverness and emotions. Thus, by definition, all the characteristics found in Outer Moka are a part of Inner Moka as well. That is why Outer Moka appears to be much more emotional than Inner Moka. If the seal created two entirely different beings, it wouldn't be a seal to begin with. And secondly, Outer and Inner Moka wouldn't have been able to interact with each other. Unlike you, I don't have to believe in anything except what I see, and this is what I see. So chill out.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 06:06   Link #13963
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
While I'm already beginning to like Akuha, I hope this doesn't turn out like Ga-Rei where the manga focuses too much on the relationship between the girls and how deep their bond is, and then completely render Tsukune as a side character.
Don't worry it won't happen. Tsukune is the main character, that's been established already since the beginning. In Ga Rei, it was made clear that the sisters were the main characters.
Old 2010-05-12, 06:12   Link #13964
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Don't worry it won't happen. Tsukune is the main character, that's been established already since the beginning. In Ga Rei, it was made clear that the sisters were the main characters.
Uh, I was not talking about the anime. I was talking about the Ga-Rei manga.
Old 2010-05-12, 07:12   Link #13965
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Either that, or a subtraction of certain personality features. But also, you would recall that based on chapter 40 of season 1 and the resent chapters here, Moka once mentioned not seeing any vampires outside of her family.

This could mean 2 things:

1. She considers all the vampires in japan her "family", and thus doesn't know of any others outside of this group.

Or

2. The memory block includes memories of those other vampires that came and went from time to time, and locked away the identities of all others except her immediate family like Kokoa, Kahlua, Akasha, and Issa. There may have been vague glimpses that she has a 4th sister, but the memory is blocked, so she never went into details when talking about the family.

So there are either some strings being pulled, or perhaps this is just being planned as it goes without totally contradicting the chapters up to this point. There is also possibilities that her memory of exactly WHAT the family business IS was also blocked, so that she could not just blab about it to just anyone, especially to those that could be a threat to the family should the wrong ears hear about it.
Yeah, I think it comes down to continuity inconsistencies and restrictions that an ongoing manga series has. Ikeda probably didn't plan any of this stuff while he wrote the earlier chapters. He'll probably use memory loss/blocking as the reason, but I think he just didn't plan this far ahead.

Quote:
I hear ya! Thankfully, I don't think that will happen since this is a harem series.
Old 2010-05-12, 07:30   Link #13966
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah, I think it comes down to continuity inconsistencies and restrictions that an ongoing manga series has. Ikeda probably didn't plan any of this stuff while he wrote the earlier chapters. He'll probably use memory loss/blocking as the reason, but I think he just didn't plan this far ahead.
Yeah, it's quite common for that sort of thing to happen among mangakas. But this can be explained by a memory loss of some kind induced by a terrible amount of shock received by the amnesiac. Or it could be a side-effect of the seal, or perhaps both.

Quote:
I hear ya! Thankfully, I don't think that will happen since this is a harem series.
I don't think so either. Tsukune has always been the main character, and what sets him apart from all the leading players in the series is that he is the only human involved in Moka's business with FT and now Japan's Vampire community. I said this earlier, but Akuha's act of saving Moka is most likely an act she staged in front of Moka in order to earn Moka's respect and devotion. I think her capture was all a set-up, both for Moka and the Monster Triads. A set up for Moka because Akuha needed to sell the deception of loyalty to the Shuzen and devotion to her family. A set up for the triads because for one thing, it appears they were after Akuha, and she led them to the best place were she could pick them off without anyone ever knowing about it (except maybe the Vampire society, who would've killed them anyways if they found them before Akuha did). Getting Moka involved was an added bonus, and Akuha took advantage of this to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. That said, I don't think it will ever come to the point where the story focuses on the relationship between the girls because there's not much of a good one between Moka and Khalua now, and Akuha never loved any of them in the first place.
Old 2010-05-12, 07:33   Link #13967
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Devious little she-devil, isn't she? It'd be great if she tries to seduce Tsukune or somehow interrupt his and Moka's romance. I know there have been attempts at seducing him, but those were all light-hearted and in joke. This time, it could be serious voodoo.
Old 2010-05-12, 07:49   Link #13968
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
All these talks make sense only if you support idea that Inner Moka and Outer Moka are the same being.

I do not support such view - for me the only real Moka is the inner one, the outer one is a fake created for its own purposes so your words make no sense for me and carry no proof in your argumentation whatsoever.
Actually I think Outer and Inner Mokas are just two sides of the same coin
Old 2010-05-12, 07:59   Link #13969
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Devious little she-devil, isn't she? It'd be great if she tries to seduce Tsukune or somehow interrupt his and Moka's romance. I know there have been attempts at seducing him, but those were all light-hearted and in joke. This time, it could be serious voodoo.
Possibly. I can see her do that to strike another one of Moka's nerves, especially if she finds out Tsukune has Moka's blood and has been turned to a half Vampire as a result. Akuha would instantly understand that Moka did it because she cared for his life and is one of her closest friends, and seducing him would add salt to whatever wounds she already inflicted on her.
Old 2010-05-12, 08:17   Link #13970
Xagzan

Quote:
Like that old fanfic by I can't remember his name where the oldest sister was named Ria or something. Looks like that author was right about the eldest sister being a scary monster though. I'd actually like to see that happen in the real manga too. It would definitely provide some great tension or suspense. I think Akuha could be as evilly seductive as the sister in that fic was. Except for the actual sex, since that story was M rated I'm pretty sure.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 08:57   Link #13971
Chris38

Quote:
Well, certainly the idea has his merits, and would certainly be amusing to see, but

... I doubt that it's going to work on Tsukune, since with him viewing Moka's memory he is probably going to be perfectly aware what kind of person Akuha is ... unless she gives him some kind of offer he can't refuse.

Well it's certainly a nice idea ... and could lead to Inner Moka becoming more focused on getting Tsukune, so will see how it goes. I definitely see it as a possibility given what was revealed about Akuha so far.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 09:27   Link #13972
-Sho-
~Omedetτ~

Just read Chap 30 :

I laughed - Mizore : "No way ... i rarely get caught while stalking!" ^^

Anyway , Akuha = Devil badass siscon ?

Quote:
Well this is a Harem manga so i'll rather say Akuha will interfere with Moka x Tsukune ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 10:42   Link #13973
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, certainly the idea has his merits, and would certainly be amusing to see, but

... I doubt that it's going to work on Tsukune, since with him viewing Moka's memory he is probably going to be perfectly aware what kind of person Akuha is ... unless she gives him some kind of offer he can't refuse.

Well it's certainly a nice idea ... and could lead to Inner Moka becoming more focused on getting Tsukune, so will see how it goes. I definitely see it as a possibility given what was revealed about Akuha so far.
Yeah, it is too late for this to happen. Tsukune won't trust her one bit when he meets her after he returns.

I want to see a jealous Inner Moka. I'm curious how Ikeda would have her act.
Old 2010-05-12, 10:54   Link #13974
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The thing with Ga-Rei was that A) the male lead was never that strong to begin with... while both male leads are weaker than the female, Kensuke never got any form of real power-up. Tsukune, OTOH... well, just look at Hokuto and Miyabi. Not only that, but Ga Rei's anime was a prequel that focused on Kagura's past with Yomi. R to V anime... need I say anymore?

that, and Ga Rei wasn't a harem series

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 10:59   Link #13975
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

My point is that I don't want the manga to focus too much on Moka and Akuha bonding as sisters, as I get the feeling that Akuha might be a bit obsessed with Moka. I also hope that we'll get the whole 'memories' arc done with soon.

Whether or not this is a harem series or how strong the main character is doesn't have anything to do with what I was trying to say imo. I wasn't trying to compare the two manga, I was using Ga-Rei's situation as an example.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 12:04   Link #13976
Johnny
Working the bags...

With the warning Kahlua gave Kokoa in ch 29. I don't think we have to worry about any fluffy bonding time between Moka and Akuha. Whatever happened to Moka's mother, I would bet Akuha had something to do with it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 12:44   Link #13977
Xagzan

Quote:
Yeah, it is too late for this to happen. Tsukune won't trust her one bit when he meets her after he returns.
Not necessarily. It's depending on what he sees in the memories.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 13:49   Link #13978
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Not necessarily. It's depending on what he sees in the memories.
That is true. I am taking it for granted that she is going to do something really bad in the memory.
Old 2010-05-12, 15:10   Link #13979
Shadow5YA

Somehow, I feel like this new memory of Moka seeing Tsukune during her childhood will just end up making her even more affectionate towards Tsukune when he snaps back into reality.

Did Kahlua warn Kokoa that Akuha was also in Fairy Tail as well?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 15:23   Link #13980
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Somehow, I feel like this new memory of Moka seeing Tsukune during her childhood will just end up making her even more affectionate towards Tsukune when he snaps back into reality.

Did Kahlua warn Kokoa that Akuha was also in Fairy Tail as well?
She said that the entire Shuzen family have given Fairy Tale their full support...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire