AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-06-16, 05:37   Link #14541
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Still though makes me wonder why there was no scene of her fighting at her loli age. N ot counting the first manga season.
Probably because we didn't really need to know she was a capable fighter even then. I think Ikeda wanted to focus more on the plot, what happened in Moka's past and Akuha's role in it. Besides, the "flashback" isn't finished and Moka's heading back to a fight, so there's still a chance to see her fighting if it comes to that.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 05:42   Link #14542
kitten320

Quote:
Makes me wonder though....Moka loli didn't fight nor put up a fight in the flashback memories, then when Inner Moka was released by Tsukune she already fights using her kicks. Gotta wonder if she was training within the limiter cross.
Well she could kick Kokoa's butt so obviously she can fight. The only reason why she didn't fight those losers who attacked her is because they made her to sniff something and it took away her powers.

And who knows, maybe she did do some training inside

Besides as a child I doubt there were any badies whom she had to fight, the mansion is full of other vampires. She probably had some inside trainings with her sisters and maybe some small sparings with father.
Old 2010-06-16, 11:56   Link #14543
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
.. the author pretty much gives the company the source material to work with, and then the company has their way with it

though... it does look like Ikeda-sensei drew on a few elements from the anime (as I've seen other authors do)
What did he take from the anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well thankfully he changed anime Daddy Starbucks to manga Issa
Thank god for that! Anime Issa was horrible.

Quote:
Still though makes me wonder why there was no scene of her fighting at her loli age. N ot counting the first manga season.
Didn't we get short flashbacks of her fighting Kokoa when they were young?
Old 2010-06-16, 14:43   Link #14544
Xagzan

Oh boy. I don't see how that fight could end well for Akasha, shinso or no. I'm hoping Aqua didn't kill her, whether it was Moka's fault or not, but I'm thinking it's pretty likely she did. I would just hope otherwise cause if she did, then there's no chance for her to be redeemed really. But I wonder what Issa's opinion on all this was.

Oh, and final final boss: totally must be Alucard revived. For it to be Aqua would be kinda meh. Especially since we saw that giant demon corpse looking awesome-while-dead.

And did anyone else get a Diva vibe from Aqua on that front color cover page? I mean, black hair, obviously terrifying, surrounded by blue light and even blue flowers on her dress? Not to mention she's the female protagonist's sister. Wonder if that was supposed to be how she looks in the present, since she still has her hood blocking her face.

Last edited by Xagzan; 2010-06-16 at 16:17.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 16:37   Link #14545
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Oh boy. I don't see how that fight could end well for Akasha, shinso or no. I'm hoping Aqua didn't kill her, whether it was Moka's fault or not, but I'm thinking it's pretty likely she did. I would just hope otherwise cause if she did, then there's no chance for her to be redeemed really. But I wonder what Issa's opinion on all this was.

Oh, and final final boss: totally must be Alucard revived. For it to be Aqua would be kinda meh. Especially since we saw that giant demon corpse looking awesome-while-dead.

And did anyone else get a Diva vibe from Aqua on that front color cover page? I mean, black hair, obviously terrifying, surrounded by blue light and even blue flowers on her dress? Not to mention she's the female protagonist's sister. Wonder if that was supposed to be how she looks in the present, since she still has her hood blocking her face.
Thought we did get a glimpse of present Aqua in this chapter, not a lot to see though as noted.
Old 2010-06-16, 17:41   Link #14546
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:

Well it's obvious Moka really didn't do anything. Akuha seemed to have this planned from the start. If anything, it looked like she trying to win Moka over. That didn't go over well...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 18:12   Link #14547
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Well it's obvious Moka really didn't do anything. Akuha seemed to have this planned from the start. If anything, it looked like she trying to win Moka over. That didn't go over well...
I just meant if she had anything to do with Akasha losing, like I saw some people talking about. That she might have gotten in the way during the fight and that made Akasha lower her guard.
Old 2010-06-16, 18:19   Link #14548
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
What did he take from the anime?
Well, for starters, the few events that have had some links into the anime would be Ura-Moka being forced to walk in her other half's shoes for a while(at least a day going to classes), and the elements of the seal breaking on her rosary.

Those being the more resent events that I can think of off the top of my head. Others may be able to think of more instances where elements of the anime are adapted into the manga.
Old 2010-06-16, 19:21   Link #14549
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Probably because we didn't really need to know she was a capable fighter even then. I think Ikeda wanted to focus more on the plot, what happened in Moka's past and Akuha's role in it. Besides, the "flashback" isn't finished and Moka's heading back to a fight, so there's still a chance to see her fighting if it comes to that.
That right. I think we'll see her fight for the first time in sII manga in the next chapter and probably the next chapter would explain what will happen Akasha and Moka why outer Moka looks like mommy.

Also for those who haven't seen the alternate color maid Kurumu pvc.
White....means purity....Hmm...
Old 2010-06-16, 19:27   Link #14550
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I wonder who was the last Shinso who fight against Alucard as there were 3 (Moka's dad and mom )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 20:40   Link #14551
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Highly doubtful Issa is a Shinso, otherwise Akua would have attacked him as well. But the three Dark Lords are: Akasha (Leader), Touhou Fuhai, and Tenmei Mikogami (Academy Headmaster). Seems to me there are the occasional bits of missed info, but I'm sure that eventually there might be supplemental info to be gathered in one place for our collective viewing. Though getting someone to translate the R+V Guidebook would probably be next to impossible, that's why I haven't scanned anything else out of it yet.
Old 2010-06-16, 21:12   Link #14552
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Highly doubtful Issa is a Shinso, otherwise Akua would have attacked him as well. But the three Dark Lords are: Akasha (Leader), Touhou Fuhai, and Tenmei Mikogami (Academy Headmaster). Seems to me there are the occasional bits of missed info, but I'm sure that eventually there might be supplemental info to be gathered in one place for our collective viewing. Though getting someone to translate the R+V Guidebook would probably be next to impossible, that's why I haven't scanned anything else out of it yet.
Mikogami and Fuhai aren't shinso. They were just the shinso's comrades, from what I understood.
Old 2010-06-16, 22:54   Link #14553
Chris38

Quote:
Mikogami and Fuhai aren't shinso. They were just the shinso's comrades, from what I understood.
Well they aren't Shinso, but since they assisted Akasha in defeating Alucard ... they where given the title of Dark Lords , which shows how powerful Shinso vampires are ... since Akasha being a Shinso vampire herself (probably a little weaker compared to Alucard ), still needed companions to bring Alucard down.

If we are already on this topic ... I doubt that Akuha has a chance to defeat Akasha, I mean we are talking about a ordinary vampire girl, who's vampire abilities are probably still undergoing development faced off against a Shinso vampire, who's supposed to be a superior being compared to ordinary vampires, not to mention the fact that if Akuha managed to obtain the power's of a Shinso vampire what would stop her from putting her plans into motion and stat to takeover the world.

Since ... obviously the world hasn't been taken over by Akuha ... I think that she failed to obtain the power's of a Shinso vampire, but still ... since Moka's memories regarding those events have been sealed inside the Rosario, so even if Akuha didn't manage to obtain Akasha's blood, and obviously one of the reasons is Akasha's death ... caused by Moka's sudden appearance during the fight between Akasha and Akuha, though personally I think it's the least possible option, since this would give Akuha the perfect opportunity to obtain the power's of a Shinso vampire .

Well, anyway ... whatever it was it has to be something that justified Moka's memories of that event being sealed ( which suggests that it might be Moka's fault ) and caused the rest of the Shuzen family member's become pretty adamant to not let Akuha and Moka meet each other again (Rosario + Vampire Season II, chapter 29, page 19) , so it had to have some pretty serious consequences.

Of course the most predictable thing would be Akuha killing Akasha ... and managing to obtain the power's of a Shinso vampire, but like said before ... that would give Akuha power's that she needs to take over the world, and since that didn't happen (and if anyone has obtained the power's of a Shinso vampire at that time ... in my opinion it would be Moka rather then Akuha ) there must be another reason why Moka's memories where sealed and Moka had to leave her childhood home behind .
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 01:54   Link #14554
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I wonder who was the last Shinso who fight against Alucard as there were 3 (Moka's dad and mom )
There was no mention of 3 Shinso's. It was stated that three great Ayashi fought Alucard and were later known as the three Dark Lords. As we already know, those are Akasha, Touhou Fuhai and the Headmaster, the latter two of which aren't Vampires so far as we can tell (Touhou certainly isn't but the Headmaster remains a mystery, but either way, I doubt he's a Shinso as that would kinda undermine Akasha's position as leader of the Dark Lords).

Last edited by Tsuyoshi; 2010-06-17 at 02:37.
Old 2010-06-17, 03:32   Link #14555
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ironic here the guys namely Tsukune and Issa are pretty much secondary to Akasha and Moka's powers.
Now IAM sure Tsukune will end up like Issa, with different offspring's from different youkai girls.
Issa though tends to go for vamps. RAWR!!! lol
Old 2010-06-17, 04:20   Link #14556
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Ironic here the guys namely Tsukune and Issa are pretty much secondary to Akasha and Moka's powers.
Now IAM sure Tsukune will end up like Issa, with different offspring's from different youkai girls.
Issa though tends to go for vamps. RAWR!!! lol
I kinda have to doubt that since he's mainly interested in Moka. She's the only one he's ever come close to kissing after all. Everyone else is trying to force him into a relationship with her (Mizore is more understanding though as shown during the school festival when her mother and Kurumu's mother came to visit).
Old 2010-06-17, 04:40   Link #14557
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It doesn't mean that the girls won't go after him later on even if there a couple.

Wonder if ura Moka gets her full memory back will she become similar to the anime version? The one that's also fighting for Tsukune's affection.
Old 2010-06-17, 05:10   Link #14558
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
It doesn't mean that the girls won't go after him later on even if there a couple.

Wonder if ura Moka gets her full memory back will she become similar to the anime version? The one that's also fighting for Tsukune's affection.
True, but what I mean to say is Tsukune won't be actively participating in that Harem. That said, I can't see it as a true Harem because four out of the five girls' feelings of love are one-sided.

As for Moka, I don't think she will change that much apart from a realization of who her real enemy is. I think it's likely, instead, that Inner Moka never really forgot anything about what had happened back then. Those are memories sealed by the Rosary, along with Moka's power and ruthlessness. Outer Moka may not remember, but Inner does, so because she already knows, it's unlikely that she would change much. She might be upset that some of her friends had to see what they saw, but nothing more than that.
Old 2010-06-17, 08:25   Link #14559
Xagzan

Quote:
There was no mention of 3 Shinso's. It was stated that three great Ayashi fought Alucard and were later known as the three Dark Lords. As we already know, those are Akasha, Touhou Fuhai and the Headmaster, the latter two of which aren't Vampires so far as we can tell (Touhou certainly isn't but the Headmaster remains a mystery, but either way, I doubt he's a Shinso as that would kinda undermine Akasha's position as leader of the Dark Lords).
And the biggest mystery now perhaps is, if he's not one of the three dark lords, just what the hell is our bus driving friend? A god?
Old 2010-06-17, 08:44   Link #14560
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
I kinda have to doubt that since he's mainly interested in Moka. She's the only one he's ever come close to kissing after all. Everyone else is trying to force him into a relationship with her (Mizore is more understanding though as shown during the school festival when her mother and Kurumu's mother came to visit).
Not entirely true. Whilst Kurumu is persistant, she had a perfect chance when she accidentally charmed Tsukune to forcibly make him hers.
What actually happened? She broke down crying because she realised that whilst she loved him, Tsukune wasn't truly in love with her. You don't see it very often through her persistance, but Kurumu has a pretty wide streak of honour for a succubus, and is certainly in love with him for loves sake, rather than just being about forcing him into a relationship with her, she's just clutching onto any hope and praying he'll come round.
She's even seen some of his moments with Moka, and knows exactly how he feels about her [see below], she's just hoping that something might change [sometimes things do].
[See Rosario and Vampire Season 1, Chapter 26, Page 8]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38
I doubt that Akuha has a chance to defeat Akasha, I mean we are talking about a ordinary vampire girl
Are we 100%, entirely sure Akuha IS an ordinary vampire girl? As she put it herself [to Akasha], unless this was a mistranslation, "so you already know who I really am.'

[See Rosario and Vampire Season 2, Chapter 31, Page 33]

That puts some real question to who or what exactly she really is. Is she really related to the others through Issa, or is something else going on?
Hell, for all we know she could even be an aspect of Alucard/Dracula reincarnate...stranger things have happened in this type on story and vampires/rebirth etc are kinda tied in folklore, either that or she could be some sort of shinso half breed or other monster/demon.

Either way, Akua's statement, but the lack of reveal by Ikeda, tells me she's not exactly who or what we thought she was.

-------------------------------------------

[See Rosario and Vampire Season II, Chapter 31, Page 11]

Also, was I the only one who picked up on Mizore's look in this frame? The expression to me almost looks like a '****, I've lost him.... '
It could just be the quality of the scans though, its a little hard to tell if she's just looking ahead, or whether she's taking a sidelong glance at Tsukune.

Looking forward to the next chapter!!

Oh also whilst I was looking for the Kurumu frame, for those wondering how Inner Moka 'really' feels, even with her unwillingness to admit it; I present this lovely pair of pages:

[See Rosario and Vampire Season 1, Chapter 25, Page 42-44]

Inner Moka *STABS HERSELF* so Tsukune isn't hurt.
And note the eyes, that's Inner Moka not Outer.

Yeah she really doesn't like him
Reading: Rosario and Vampire II, Sankarea

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-06-17 at 09:10. Reason: Removed scanlation links and substituted 'directions'
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire