AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-06-25, 08:31   Link #14681
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I only wish these emulators could be hooked into AGTH so at least the text could be translated the way normal Visual Novel games could with it.
That would be awesome. Make a true VN (Fate caliber) for this series and it'd sell like crazy.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 10:24   Link #14682
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

i would love to see Ikki Tousen out on PS2 here in america to.
Old 2010-06-25, 11:30   Link #14683
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Spoiler for snip:
I think what Kahula has meant here ( Rosario + Vampire Season II, chapter 14, page 6 ) ... (if that's what you want to refer to Shinso Tsukune ) ... is Moka being a Shinso vampire, but since she is probably still partially sealed ... since from the looks of it the choker that Moka is wearing is a part of her seal as well ... ( Rosario + Vampire Season II, chapter 26, pages 28,29; chapter 31, page 28)and i actually suspect that Moka's choker is what suppresses Moka's Shinso vampire abilities, which probably means that for Moka to access those power's ... the seal would probably have to break down completely, but that would mean that Outer Moka would be gone from the rest of the story ... unless the author pulls another plot twist and pulls off something unexpected again.

So taking that into consideration I doubt that Moka will reach her true potential in the fight against Akuha, though she still might use some move that we haven't seen before ... like during her fight against Kahula ( Rosario + Vampire Season II, chapter 14, page 19 ) or reveal some vampire ability that we didn't know about before.

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:
Well ... I agree that it's unlikely that Akuha was able to beat Akasha and obtain the blood of a Shinso vampire ... since if she did become a Shinso vampire ... it would be foolish of her to wait before putting her plans into motion ... but since the next chapter is going to come out soon ... maybe we should wait until chapter 32 comes out ... where we will have more information about how this situation is going to play out.

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:
I doubt the Rosario could hide or modify all of the memories from Moka's childhood ... and I think Moka was aware that she had a forth sister, even before she has met Akuha ... or it might be that meeting Akuha has left such a impression or rather had such extensive impact on Moka's personality and character ... that the Rosario couldn't seal the full extent of Moka's memories about Akuha ... and left her with the information that she had a forth sister as well ... simply, there are a lot possible explanations,
so until we learn a little more about how Moka's sealing process looked like ... I doubt we will be able to resolve this.

So it's probably best to wait and see how things go from here.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:15   Link #14684
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That would be awesome. Make a true VN (Fate caliber) for this series and it'd sell like crazy.
I think the DS game had a relatively good means of presenting that. I mean, the story presentation can remain as is, but with more on the voice over, but replacing some of the dumber mini-games with something more pertinent to the story overall would be welcome.

Also the fight scenes would definitely benefit from a changeover to a Street Fighter like means of control, so it might look like the Melty Blood games in general presentation, with story in between the fighting, or the occasional mid-fight interruption for someone else to step in or end the fight if the conditions are met.

The Moka vs Kahlua fight would be an interesting example of that. Both players are down to critical life, and Kahlua activates a special, but before it gets going, Miyabi comes out of nowhere and stops the attack and the fight, then it goes into story mode and they retreat. The action parts of the manga story could be easily adapted for that. But it's too bad Gonzo messed up on how any other medium of the series is presented vs the manga....
Old 2010-06-25, 13:42   Link #14685
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
The Moka vs Kahlua fight would be an interesting example of that. Both players are down to critical life, and Kahlua activates a special, but before it gets going, Miyabi comes out of nowhere and stops the attack and the fight, then it goes into story mode and they retreat. The action parts of the manga story could be easily adapted for that. But it's too bad Gonzo messed up on how any other medium of the series is presented vs the manga....
They ruined so so so much. If someone else had adapted this series, it would have been much better. If we had a faithful adaptation, it would have been so wonderful. And there are points in the story where you can stop the anime without changing anything either.

I think this is the 437th time we've talked about the disappointment the anime has caused.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:54   Link #14686
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

I wanna see the anime version of the sisters.
Old 2010-06-25, 14:58   Link #14687
StrikeFreedom

I recently read the chapter 31 and I was surprised about Moka's mother
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 02:25   Link #14688
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Hey guys... I just realized we're fogetting a possibility about Akuha: we know in the fight in the past she went after Akasha, and we know that Akuha is now showing up for Moka (or at least, that's what I'm assuming). However... what if Akuha is coming after Moka not to obtain the Shinso blood, but to ensure that that she (and Alucard) are the only ones that have it? After all, we still don't know how the fight goes, and Akuha may just be a Shinso after all (unless there's been something stated to counter this, in which case just ignore my post)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 04:15   Link #14689
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Spoiler for snip:
Well I think it's a possibility as well, though I see it having a less chance of happening, since I doubt that only Moka's memories are contained in the Rosario ... since if it where only the memories of Moka sealed inside the Rosario ... we shouldn't have seen the beginning of the fight between Akasha and Akuha ... since at that moment Moka was still inside the car driving away from the Shuzen family castle (Rosario + Vampire Season II, chapter 31, page 31) so most likely Akasha put fragments of her own memories inside the Rosario as well ... not to mention that I doubt Moka would be able to seal her memories on her own ... not to mention Akasha needed to destroy all of the pictures and diaries that connect to her (Rosario + Vampire Season II, chapter 29, page 21) ... and I really doubt she needed to do something like that ... before she had a confrontation with Akuha.

All of that suggests that Akasha was able to survive her duel with Akuha ... and while it's possible that Akuha obtained the power of a Shinso vampire ... but still let Akasha survive ... well currently both options are still a possibility, though, in my opinion the story seems to point that there is a higher chance of Akuha not being able to obtain Akasha's blood ... rather then the other option ... though we still don't have enough information to point out which option is the correct one ... so the bets are still open I'm afraid.
Old 2010-06-26, 08:43   Link #14690
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

@Magin

Do you really think Akuha showed up just for that?, i believe she would be pretty aware that Moka and Alucard are the only 1s, Akuha is aware of the existance of Alucard not to mention since Moka is Akasha's offspring, then she would be pretty aware that Moka is the other Shinso, i originally believed that Akuha showed at Wong household to capture Moka. But now i believe the TRUE reason Akuha is thier might strongly involved the rosary itself, and the secrets it holds, but if not then its back to the first reason.

Mabye, i just thought about something when i saw your previous post Majin, perhaps the leader if the Shuzen family is Gyokuro Shuzen (Kokoa's and Kahlua's birth mother), Akuha is probably Manipulating the Shuzen family as well as Gyokuro to her own liking, think about it, if Akuha were to kill Gyokuro then she would NOT have Kahlua's support because i think Kahlua would be pretty pist to know Akuha killed her mother as would Kokoa, Issa did say Gyokuro was gonna come live at the Shuzen house, and mabye Akuha is probably not the leader of Fairy Tale as we so thought, mabye shes at the Wong house of her own free will and ambition without Fairy Tale's imvolvment, because Fong Fong did say it was the Miu family invading afterall. not Fairy Tale, but he may be wrong though, afterall it was shown in the latest chapter that Akuha was capable of doing something like this, this is getting very interesting.

Last edited by Shinso Tsukune; 2010-06-26 at 09:52.
Shinso Tsukune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 12:06   Link #14691
Chris38

Quote:
@Magin

Spoiler for snip:
It's possible Shinso Tsukune ... but we still don't know enough to be able to verify if you're correct ... seriously I hope the next chapter ... will clarify some things, since the latest chapter's just keep piling up, more and more information to consider ... and while I don't have anything against plot twists ... I think it's a little too much and get people pretty confused ...

... so basically I'm saying that we have now way of confirming if all are speculations regarding to the duel with Akasha and Akuha and the current situation in the Shuzen family ... I'm from what we know we can say that Akuha is stronger then Kahula ... which means that Moka alone ... might be weaker then her, but we still don't know what Akuha's true power level is. (Rosario + Vampire Season II, chapter 30, page 15) ... the same can be said about Akasha ... well obviously I doubt that Ikeda sensei will show us ... what Akuha's true potential ... to keep us in suspense with the upcoming fight between the present day Akuha and Moka.

The same can be said about what Akuha's motives might be ... and while you might be correct Shinso Tsukune that Akuha's target ... might be Moka's Rosario ... but, at the same time ... you seemed to forget that it was already mentioned that the Miu family is afflicted with Fairy Tale as well (Rosario + Vampire Season II, chapter 28, page 17) ... so them being with Akuha .. doesn't necessary mean that Akuha is taking independent action ... the more likely option is that she's working under their order's ... and coincidentally found out that Moka is currently present at the Wong family mansion as well.

The second thing that you mentioned Shinso Tsukune ... is something completely out of the blue ... I have nothing against you or you're hypothesis, but ... we still don't know anything about Kahula's and Kokoa's mother ... apart from the fact that for some reason she isn't very fond of Akasha and Moka (Rosario + Vampire Season II, chapter 31, page 15) ... so while I think that it's a very high chance that Akuha is somehow manipulating the Shuzen family from within ... we still don't have anything about how things currently look in the Shuzen family, since the memories that Tsukune, Tohou Fuhai and Mizore are currently inside are from approximately from six years ago, and a lot of things might have happened during that period of time.

So rationally thinking we still know nearly nothing about the current situation in the Shuzen family and how things will proceed from here ... so I think we have no other choice, but to wait until the next chapter comes out ... and hope that it will clarify things a little bit.
Old 2010-06-26, 13:57   Link #14692
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

Yeah about Gyokuro, i think we might see her sometime nearing the end of the series, since she is 1 of Issa's wives unless i was correct, than that would make her the ideal candidate to become the new head of the Shuzen family (in the event that if something REALLY did happen to Issa), although Fairy Tale is an organization filled with ruthless youkai who want nothing more then the complete overthrow of the human world and thier main support is the Shuzen family filled with nothing but the strongest youkai, the vampire.

So basicly Tsukune and Moka and the rest of the girls have either 2 choices they either fight the Shuzen family head on or by some miracle they gain the Shuzen families support than Fairy Tale would be defenseless (which would be awsome to see the Shuzen family join Moka and Tsukune and the rest of the gang, if they were convince the family itself).

Although Fairy Tale may have the Miu family, but i doubt they would be able to fight the Shuzen family head on, because the way i see it Miyabi was just using Kahlua Shuzen to get the job done, so that gives us a reason to see that Fairy Tale is just using the Shuzen family and the Miu family to get what they want, and Akuha is probably just using all 3 to get what she wants, so they would be basicly be working against eachother (but this is just a thought), kinda sucks for them... :|

Last edited by Shinso Tsukune; 2010-06-26 at 14:19.
Shinso Tsukune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 00:25   Link #14693
Chris38

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:
Just because Gyokuro is one of Issa's wifes ... dosen't mean that she's going to become the next head of the Shuzen family, since we still don't know ...how the vampire society pass there leadership positions ... not to mention we still don't know what kind of person Gyokuro is, since she hadn't appeared in the series yet. So it's still out in the open who is going to take over the Shuzen family in case something might happen to Issa ... I mean it might be even possible that Moka or Tsukune take over the position of the head of the Shuzen family to separate them from Fairy Tale ... and for Moka to avoid killing her own family ... since with Shuzen family on the side of Fairy Tale and Moka on Tsukune's side ... it shapes up into a internal conflict within the Shuzen family ... and if it comes to the worst scenario ... Moka might be forced to kill her own family ... and I doubt ... that's something that she's going to take lightly ... most probably it's something that's going to scar Moka for the rest of her life ... so to avoid this outcome ... Moka or Tsukune might try to take the position of the head of the Shuzen family and sever their alliance with Fairy Tale.

Well we still don't know the exact relation between the Shuzen Family and Fairy Tale as well as the relation between the Miu family and Fairy Tale, but I agree that they might not be honest intentions all along ... I mean that in the open they might be cooperating with each other, but in reality each one of them is trying to use the other's in achieving their own goals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually what I'm currently thinking about is what kind of developments Tsukune might go through during the upcoming fight with Akuha ... the only thing that I have thought about for now is that Tsukune is probably going to go near the limits of youkai energy ... that the Holy Lock can contain, and that at that moment Tsukune is going to have some kind of confrontation with the violent aspect of his vampire abilities ( his rampaging vampire mode ) ... and that's going to allow Tsukune to use his vampire power's without the Holy Lock for a short period of time causing Akuha to retreat .

I mean that's the only thing that Tsukune has to go through, in my opinion ... since while his combat techniques and combat experience aren't yet at the level of Inner Moka ... and Tsukune probably still doesn't know much about what kind of abilities vampires have ... I think all of that can be covered during Tsukune's training sessions with Inner Moka and what currently limits Tsukune from reaching his true potential ... is that he still can't control the full extent of his power's. ... and that's caused by Tsukune still being under the risk of turning into a Ghoul if he removes his seal ... so I think that the author might be slowly aiming to change that.

Since the enemies that Tsukune and Moka and their companions are fighting against are steadily getting stronger ... I think that the author is going to soon start the confrontation between Tsukune and the darker aspect of his abilities ... while I'm still not quite sure how this confrontation will look like ... I think that going by the typical shounen manga cliches ... it's probably going to allow Tsukune to stay in control ... without the Holy Lock sealing his power's ... though it's probably something that Tsukune is still going to work on ... since I doubt that the author is going to allow Tsukune to gain full control over his abilities, at this point ... but still it's probably going to be a power boost that's going to allow Tsukune to keep up with the stronger enemies that he might confront against in the future.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-06-27 at 04:01.
Old 2010-06-27, 06:45   Link #14694
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Kokoa's true form is MOE.

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-06-27, 08:13   Link #14695
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

Cute, what an ecchi pic of Kokoa :P
Old 2010-06-27, 14:04   Link #14696
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

That looks more like something that would come out of the (goddawful) Disgaea anime than R+V

I wish the next installment would hurry round like a good little chapter though, as I've shown before I loved story debate and discussion as much as the next man, but the last couple of chapters have asked a lot of questions without many answered and left us with MOUNTAINS of guesswork and supposition, which gets a little tiring after a while, because every theory starts taking ever more random turns as people start thinking about xyz

Either way, from what we've seen so far I think its equally likely Akasha is alive and 'MIA' as dead, and as has been mentioned before, I have doubts as to whether Akasha died, simply because SOMEONE had to lock away Moka's memories, and make her think she was going to the human world with her mother; lets me fair, with Akuha's goals I don't think she'd send away and mindwipe a potential source of power or potential ally. I believe it was also mentioned that a lot of momentos, pictures, diaries etc were destroyed; now whilst there a few characters that could have done that, it would also be a logical thing for Akasha to do if she was sending her daughter into hiding/santuary before she did the same.

That said there's still a lot to be told about who/what Akuha really is, but Akasha does potentially seem to be the most physically skilled of the 3 dark lords who took down Alucard, because the other two seem to be focused more on magical capability, and vampires are renowed for thier physical strength and the combat skill of the elders.
Given that though, its just as possible that Akasha fought Akuha to a standstill, who used Moka's entry to escape, possibly wounding Akasha in the process during the distraction, and Akasha then used the respite to send Moka on her way before finalising things at the mansion and leaving herself.

Moka's hatred of Akuha could possibly down to seeing her hurting her mother whom she was very close to, and just how alien she is in mindset to her and to some degree the rest of her family. Of course perhaps Akasha really was killed and Moka saw it causing the hatred, but unless Issa/similar finalised the lock on sections of Moka's memories it would leave a big hole in our understanding of what happened, why some of Moka's memories are restricted along with elements of her personality, and why exactly she wears the Rosario.
<I personally believe what we have been told about seals in recent chapters is enough to more or less enough imply that Inner/Outer Moka are indeed just different aspects of Moka given different levels of freedom, as the seal section of the Rosario is indeed only able to inhibit portions of Moka, rather than generate an entirely new personality>

Either way, Im looking forward to the memory sequence coming to an end, and some direct current time story progression, both in terms of FT/Akuha, Tsukune's development, and also the bond between him and C.Moka. Obviously, to nick a cliche, Tsukune having a SuperSaiyan moment and hitting the next definitive level in his vampiric/power progression would be rather nice to see sometime soon.
Reading: Rosario and Vampire II, Sankarea
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 15:22   Link #14697
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

I was doing and estimate to when the chapters would come out, and ultimately they each come out around half-way through each month. :P

So, we have about the equivalent to 3 weeks before the next release.
Old 2010-06-27, 16:50   Link #14698
Johnny
Working the bags...

That or wire some cashola to Tri-ring and have him pick up the issue to spoil us...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 19:28   Link #14699
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

Lol yeah, but then if i get spoiled before the next issue then i waited for nuffin that would kinda suck lol, but i have now estimated the equivalent of 5 weeks for each release. :P
Old 2010-06-27, 21:06   Link #14700
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Spoiler for Mizore all PS2:

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire