AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-06, 12:53   Link #19301
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's not over until the fat lady sings and I haven't seen any in the manga so the harem race isn't over...

Although this is perfect chance for Ikeda...

Spoiler for ch 40:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 13:20   Link #19302
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
It's not over until the fat lady sings and I haven't seen any in the manga so the harem race isn't over...

Although this is perfect chance for Ikeda...

Spoiler for ch 40:
Well, that's true, but on the other hand...

Spoiler for 40:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 13:56   Link #19303
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

The reason why Ikeda allowed only Mizore and Kurumu to hear Tsukune's confession was because they were in competition with Moka to win Tsukune's heart and affection, and Moka (both) is the winner.

With Mizore's reaction to Tsukune's confession for Moka, Ikeda is going to keep her in the harem chasing after Tsukune, he could do the same thing with Kurumu, however with Tsukune's confession that of which Kurumu has heard, he has the choice of dropping Kurumu, he could have with Mizore, but he didn't, however we don't know about what hes going to do with Kurumu, so basically there are two choices.

Ikeda can either drop Kurumu from the harem, to where she will accept Tsukune's love for Moka and continue being a good friend with them or he can keep Kurumu in the harem chasing after Tsukune, after she accepts that Tsukune loves Moka.

Personally i don't mind the harem, because a guy with harems are funny btw , but of course i'm a Moka X Tsukune supporter, now that they're a future couple, this is exciting, but they will probably have a harem to follow them.
Old 2011-03-06, 19:00   Link #19304
Yorae_paladin1

Until a ring is in Mokas finger Tsukune is fair game
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 19:03   Link #19305
sadisticlust

That anime is pretty good. I enjoyed watching it.
sadisticlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 21:57   Link #19306
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's pretty much a done deal with Tsukune x Moka. He'll probably be like Issa and havve kids with Kurumu and Mizore. That ending still keeps the one true love intact and still gives the harem because Tsukune has mistresses and children with the other girls.
Old 2011-03-06, 22:07   Link #19307
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

I wanna see Moka's and Tsukune's kissing scene.
Old 2011-03-06, 22:19   Link #19308
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
No shipping please, its distasteful for such a great series...
Old 2011-03-06, 22:21   Link #19309
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
I wanna see Moka's and Tsukune's kissing scene.
That's quite a long shot at this time. Maybe later, But I bet we won't see one even at the conclusion of this arc, but we can wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
No shipping please, its distasteful for such a great series...
I prefer the non-shipped way as well. No sense if it's still going strong, and at this point, it may be necessary to keep it non-shipped for their collective survival.
Old 2011-03-07, 00:19   Link #19310
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It's pretty much a done deal with Tsukune x Moka. He'll probably be like Issa and havve kids with Kurumu and Mizore. That ending still keeps the one true love intact and still gives the harem because Tsukune has mistresses and children with the other girls.
good luck getting Moka to agree to that. She was vehemently against the idea
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 02:09   Link #19311
kanoe81
serious japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but did it ever come out that Akasha was Issa's only actual 'wife' and that the mother(s) of the other girls were mistresses?

Also totally random, but I recently ran across a series that totally feels like a bad furry R+V ripoff, called Kanokon. It even has a Mizore lookalike. Anyone else heard of it?
kanoe81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 02:16   Link #19312
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not sure where you get the idea that it's a R+V ripoff from, furry or not? There's nothing similar at all about the two...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 04:23   Link #19313
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanoe81 View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but did it ever come out that Akasha was Issa's only actual 'wife' and that the mother(s) of the other girls were mistresses?
It was never confirmed that Akasha was his wife, but in common vampire tradition, the male can have multiple mistresses, so she would be Issa's lover rather than his wife, since he has two others such as Gyokuro and Akua's unknown biological mother.

Last edited by Shinso Tsukune; 2011-03-07 at 08:09.
Shinso Tsukune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 04:34   Link #19314
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
It was never confirmed that Akasha was his wife, but in common vampire tradition, the male can have multiple mistresses, so she would be Issa's lover rather than his wife, since he has to others such as Gyokuro and Akua's unknown biological mother.
There's also the fact that Moka doesn't have Issa's surname like the other girls do. If anything, it's more likely Akasha is the mistress and the mother of Koka and Kahlua is the wife because Issa's name was passed on to them. Normally, in marriage, the father's surname is passed down to the children in Italy, and I think that in Japan, the wife takes on the husband's name in addition to her own, and the child would still take the father's name. That's not the case with Moka at least, and Akasha didn't take Issa's name either. So there's no hint that Issa's married to Akasha, and it's more likely in fact that Akasha is the lover.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 05:42   Link #19315
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
There's also the fact that Moka doesn't have Issa's surname like the other girls do. If anything, it's more likely Akasha is the mistress and the mother of Koka and Kahlua is the wife because Issa's name was passed on to them. Normally, in marriage, the father's surname is passed down to the children in Italy, and I think that in Japan, the wife takes on the husband's name in addition to her own, and the child would still take the father's name. That's not the case with Moka at least, and Akasha didn't take Issa's name either. So there's no hint that Issa's married to Akasha, and it's more likely in fact that Akasha is the lover.
I would have to agree with the theory that Akasha is the lover and Moka is the "lovers child", since it would fit with what we know about the relationship between Gyokuro and Akasha - that she hates Akasha, which fits the possibility that Akasha is the mistress, since generally speaking the lover and the wife don't get along with each other, and Moka as well - since she's basically the fruit of a relationship between Gykuro's husband and the mistress...

It also probably didn't help matter's that both Akasha and Moka probably had a stronger position within the Shuzen family, since Akasha has Shinso blood within her, which naturally makes her stronger then Gyokuro is, and as we know Moka has inherited Akasha's Shinso blood as well, which probably made the relationship between Gyokuro...

Not to mention that Moka being against the polygamy ending with Tsukune, might also be because, she is the child of a mistress herself, so I agree that there is a strong possibility that Akasha is the mistress, while Gyokuro is the wife...
Old 2011-03-07, 06:39   Link #19316
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
There is also a possibility that Moka's surname was from her "foster/adoptive" parents too, because she doesn't bear a surname of any of the vampire family. If it isn't, I'm sure Moka would have Bloodriver as her surname otherwise.

Maybe Moka's way of thinking is to be the first of her known living family to be monogamous, and for herself to be properly married, unlike Issa and Akasha. Chances are she had some bad experiences with Gyokuro early in her life and as a result this event probably forced Gyokuro to leave the castle for a while, leaving Akasha to teach the girls kindness and understanding. But also made Moka vow that she would never let her future mate have other lovers because she didn't want them (or their children) to be mistreated or placed lower in the hierarchy as a result, like she was.

The pride issues was probably learned from the other vampires that come and go, so the girls learned that nasty trait, where as Akasha was teaching them how to be humble... though in some ways she failed there, but who knows.
Old 2011-03-07, 07:00   Link #19317
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
There is also a possibility that Moka's surname was from her "foster/adoptive" parents too, because she doesn't bear a surname of any of the vampire family. If it isn't, I'm sure Moka would have Bloodriver as her surname otherwise.
I agree with everything that you said. One reason I would think Moka was given a different surname from everyone else was perhaps because since it was known within the Vampire society that Akasha is indeed a Shinso Vampire. If Moka kept Akasha's name, she would become a target to anyone aiming to obtain her power or the power of Alucard. Giving her a different name would divert attention away from Moka and protect her.
Old 2011-03-07, 07:38   Link #19318
Chris38

Quote:
I agree with everything that you said. One reason I would think Moka was given a different surname from everyone else was perhaps because since it was known within the Vampire society that Akasha is indeed a Shinso Vampire. If Moka kept Akasha's name, she would become a target to anyone aiming to obtain her power or the power of Alucard. Giving her a different name would divert attention away from Moka and protect her.
I agree that' probably the reason why Moka was given a different surname then Akasha, but it doesn't change the fact that Moka is the child of one of Issa's mistress (since, Akua had a different mother as well, and she called Issa father in Moka's sealed memories, I think she's also a illegitimate child like Moka probably is) - meaning that, depending on Gyokuro's current position within the Shuzen family, Moka might have a hard time to convince them to break their alliance with the Fairy Take organization - it might be even possible that the Shuzen family is going to become the next antagonists, after the raid on Fiary Take headquarters, during which Moka is probably going to be rescued by Tsukune and his friends.
Old 2011-03-07, 07:46   Link #19319
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I agree that' probably the reason why Moka was given a different surname then Akasha, but it doesn't change the fact that Moka is the child of one of Issa's mistress (since, Akua had a different mother as well, and she called Issa father in Moka's sealed memories, I think she's also a illegitimate child like Moka probably is) - meaning that, depending on Gyokuro's current position within the Shuzen family, Moka might have a hard time to convince them to break their alliance with the Fairy Take organization - it might be even possible that the Shuzen family is going to become the next antagonists, after the raid on Fiary Take headquarters, during which Moka is probably going to be rescued by Tsukune and his friends.
Yes but unlike Akua, Moka didn't take Issa's name at all. Akua's surname is also Shuzen. Even if they're both illegitimate children of Issa's, Akua carries Issa's name and Moka does not, meaning it would be harder to legally connect Moka to Issa than it is to connect Akua to Issa. Other than that, it is quite likely that the Shuzen family will be the next antagonists, depending on Gyokuro and her position.

If I had to guess, she's ranked pretty high, considering she's the one legally bound to Issa. Hopefully, we'll also find out more about what happened to him. I do wonder if Gyokuro pulled a Caterina Sforza on her husband and had Issa killed to ensure her position in FT. With Issa there, her involvement would've been difficult because Issa was clearly on Akasha's side, and FT is not.
Old 2011-03-07, 08:03   Link #19320
Chris38

Quote:
Yes but unlike Akua, Moka didn't take Issa's name at all. Akua's surname is also Shuzen. Even if they're both illegitimate children of Issa's, Akua carries Issa's name and Moka does not, meaning it would be harder to legally connect Moka to Issa than it is to connect Akua to Issa. Other than that, it is quite likely that the Shuzen family will be the next antagonists, depending on Gyokuro and her position.

If I had to guess, she's ranked pretty high, considering she's the one legally bound to Issa. Hopefully, we'll also find out more about what happened to him. I do wonder if Gyokuro pulled a Caterina Sforza on her husband and had Issa killed to ensure her position in FT. With Issa there, her involvement would've been difficult because Issa was clearly on Akasha's side, and FT is not.
Considering the fact that Kahula in her first appearance and fight with Inner Moka in the Yuki Onna, when she was congratulated Inner Moka for such a splendid awakening and said that Father too will be especially happy , which in my opinion implies that Issa is still alive - since, after all why would he be happy about hearing that Moka has awakened if he would be already ... well, dead....

Of course, it might be possible that, after the incident with Alucard that we have seen in Moka's sealed memories, and where Akasha has sacrificed herself to reseal Alucard, Issa might not be the same man that he was, before the incident with Alucard, since in my opinion it hasn't been mentioned in the manga, how Issa took this whole incident....

After all, I think that even a vampire might change if he hears that someone he loves is well ... gone.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire