AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-12, 00:56   Link #19961
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Hm... I'm going to guess that the scene of her drinking is from when the Rosario did fail... I guess this shows I know what's currently happening, but I actually haven't read the scanlations since before ch 25

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 01:17   Link #19962
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
It's from when they're on the plane to Hong Kong and Tsukune had just said some lady killer lines to her and she got embarrassed.
Old 2011-05-12, 05:39   Link #19963
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
You just know I'm going to have to be nitpicky about that picture...
Spoiler for ripping above pic apart:

[/end fanboy rant]
If you want to be nitpicky about something, it's that she's not actually drinking alcohol. That's Tomato Juice
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 07:13   Link #19964
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
It's from when they're on the plane to Hong Kong and Tsukune had just said some lady killer lines to her and she got embarrassed.
Tsukune being able to say something that would effect Ura-Moka in such a way, she was right when she called him a natural ladies man, Ura-Moka is truly lucky to be destined to be with Tsukune

Another topic, in the chapter that Ruby was training Tsukune with the Belmont whip and the others were looking for him, Tenmei mentioned that they need as many ppl as they can get to fight Fairy Tale and they were no exception and in the chapter when Ruby, Haji, Gin and Kokoa arrived they said that Tenmei is giving Youkai Academy's support and has begun their counter-attack against Fairy Tale.

I said that to say this, i imagined that after the Training Arc ends, a whole bunch of Youkai Academy's most powerful students and possibly teachers would arrive to offer assistance on the raid of Fairy Tale HQ, what do yall think about the chances of this happening?, honestly i do see it happening

Fairy Tale getting owned by a whole bunch of students, that will totally suck for them
Old 2011-05-12, 07:29   Link #19965
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

page 999... Just ONE MORE!

And just for some random discussion, this is a post I did to YouTube some 2 months back:
"R+V vampires have one main difference from the traditional western counterparts in that they are not 'undead'. They are pretty much alive for all intents and purposes - Moka Akashiya had an actual mother who gave birth to her."

And...a reply:
"read further into the series and u find out she died at birth and her mother turned her into a vampire, just fyi"

... no one here believes that this is why Moka is a vampire right? ...Everyone's agreed that Moka was born a vampire and that her mother injected her with blood to help her, and that the Shinso blood got transferred because of it. I just want to make sure that we're on the same page, and I'm probably won't reply to the post anyway. Not one for sparking flame war.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2011-05-12 at 11:21.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 12:00   Link #19966
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
lol, those idiots... they didn't even read the manga...
Old 2011-05-12, 12:38   Link #19967
Johnny
Working the bags...

They're probably fans of sparkly vampires...
Johnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 13:01   Link #19968
Chris38

*Facepalm* I completely agree with Hayashi's opinion on people who make comments like that.

@Shinso Tsukune

Well, you have to remember that the primary objective of the raid on Fairy Tale's headquarters is a rescue operation, and like the "rescue operation arc", has proven in this kind of operation, stealth is crucial and a good plan of operation is needed as well.

Not to mention that, it was already proven in the first season that Tsukune's group, already contains the strongest students that youkai academy currently has - and I don't think that there is someone else who would be capable of giving assistance to Tsukunr's group. Furthermore it was already established that Tsukune and his "friends" don't have much time to rescue Moka, and amassing a strong force of ayasjii without the humans suspecting that something suspicious is going on.

So, I believe that Tsukune and the rest will have to manage on there own, without much support from the Youkai Gauken.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 13:08   Link #19969
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

I guess we will have to wait and see then
Old 2011-05-12, 13:40   Link #19970
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

On the Youtube matter... YT is full of trolls and herp derps, /b/tards, etc. Never take any of their comments seriously. Not to mention (and keep in mind my current knowledge of the series comes from this thread, considering I haven't read any scanlations in over a year, for some reason ) that she was injected with blood before she died... notice how not once has any vampire in this series actually bitten a dead person

Old 2011-05-12, 13:44   Link #19971
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Another topic, in the chapter that Ruby was training Tsukune with the Belmont whip and the others were looking for him, Tenmei mentioned that they need as many ppl as they can get to fight Fairy Tale and they were no exception and in the chapter when Ruby, Haji, Gin and Kokoa arrived they said that Tenmei is giving Youkai Academy's support and has begun their counter-attack against Fairy Tale.

I said that to say this, i imagined that after the Training Arc ends, a whole bunch of Youkai Academy's most powerful students and possibly teachers would arrive to offer assistance on the raid of Fairy Tale HQ, what do yall think about the chances of this happening?, honestly i do see it happening

Fairy Tale getting owned by a whole bunch of students, that will totally suck for them
I very much doubt that. The students at Youkai academy aren't really anything special when you compare them to the Wong family or the Ice clan and other Ayashi we've seen outside of the academy so far. Also, you have to remember that Gin and Haji took down a base of FT all on their own. That should speak volumes as to what kind of power the group is already packing. Add Tsukune, Fuhai-sensei and the others, and you've already got a small army.

Also, as Chris said, stealth will be crucial when they have to go rescue Moka. Despite the above, they're going up against FT's strongest, including Akua and Miyabi (I really think there's more to him than what we saw). Considering it was Kiria and Hokuto who told them about it, I wouldn't put it past them to have slipped their mouths to someone in the opposing faction, so FT may be expecting them. A frontal attack would mean massacre for Tsukune and co. Having too many people on their side will only cause confusion and lack of organisation and will ultimately end up making things worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
... no one here believes that this is why Moka is a vampire right? ...Everyone's agreed that Moka was born a vampire and that her mother injected her with blood to help her, and that the Shinso blood got transferred because of it. I just want to make sure that we're on the same page, and I'm probably won't reply to the post anyway. Not one for sparking flame war.

Of course not. Those idiots didn't read the manga properly.
Old 2011-05-12, 14:07   Link #19972
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Not to mention that Moka or any of the other vampires aren't 'undead' at all...

If I remember, the vid was of Crispen Freeman giving an impromptu lecture at a con on vampires and their lore in regards to Hellsing (and Twilight). It was actually pretty informative in where he called the Twilight vampires 'fairies' for sparkling when the sun hit them. Someone had asked as a comment (as if Crispen would read and respond), 'But what about R+V vampires' so I answered that the Rosario vampires are completely different from Hellsings in that Moka isn't an 'undead', nor are her sisters and family.

Then genius answered and I was just "...wut" and felt I had to share.

~*~

As for a frontal attack, it would work to get rid of the rank-n-file youkai in Fairy Tale that would get in their way but something like that would eat up a lot of energy so it wouldn't be recommended unless they could replenish energy easily...like sucking the blood of their enemies.... but since that option isn't 'viable' to Tsukune, he had best not do that unless he'll completely go down the path that Alucard took.
Old 2011-05-12, 14:25   Link #19973
Shinso Tsukune
Moka X Tsukune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
I very much doubt that. The students at Youkai academy aren't really anything special when you compare them to the Wong family or the Ice clan and other Ayashi we've seen outside of the academy so far. Also, you have to remember that Gin and Haji took down a base of FT all on their own. That should speak volumes as to what kind of power the group is already packing. Add Tsukune, Fuhai-sensei and the others, and you've already got a small army.

Also, as Chris said, stealth will be crucial when they have to go rescue Moka. Despite the above, they're going up against FT's strongest, including Akua and Miyabi (I really think there's more to him than what we saw). Considering it was Kiria and Hokuto who told them about it, I wouldn't put it past them to have slipped their mouths to someone in the opposing faction, so FT may be expecting them. A frontal attack would mean massacre for Tsukune and co. Having too many people on their side will only cause confusion and lack of organisation and will ultimately end up making things worse.
Stealth is the key and infiltration is as well, yes i agree with both of you on this, however of what Tenmei said in chapter 15, there are probably more Youkai Academy students who are probably being trained for the battle against Fairy Tale, because like he said, they need a lot of people to fight Fairy Tale, Moka, Tsukune and the girls were no exception, but i guess we will find out in the future.

I don't think we should underestimate students at the Youkai Academy, Ginei and Haji are from the academy and it only took two of them to wipe out one of Fairy Tale's divisions, there is most likely a lot of the students who are very powerful, that have yet to be revealed.

But if there are students that are being trained by Tenmei, the Bus Driver and the faculty that would help out in the future and according to what you and Chris38 say, than they would probably be reinforcements for Tsukune and everyone else in the future if things at Fairy Tale HQ got rough.
Old 2011-05-12, 14:30   Link #19974
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Stealth is the key and infiltration is as well, yes i agree with both of you on this, however of what Tenmei said in chapter 15, there are probably more Youkai Academy students who are probably being trained for the battle against Fairy Tale, because like he said, they need a lot of people to fight Fairy Tale, Moka, Tsukune and the girls were no exception, but i guess we will find out in the future.

I don't think we should underestimate students at the Youkai Academy, Ginei and Haji are from the academy and it only took two of them to wipe out one of Fairy Tale's divisions, there is most likely a lot of the students who are very powerful, that have yet to be revealed.

But if there are students that are being trained by Tenmei, the Bus Driver and the faculty that would help out in the future and according to what you and Chris38 say, than they would probably be reinforcements for Tsukune and everyone else in the future if things at Fairy Tale HQ got rough.
I'd rather think Tenmei was referring to factions outside of Youkai academy, particularly those who'd studied there in the past, rather than the students themselves. Tsukune and the others find themselves in the peculiar position because of Moka's heritage and the fact that Tsukune is (or perhaps was) a human with Shinso blood.
Old 2011-05-12, 15:19   Link #19975
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
On the Youtube matter... YT is full of trolls and herp derps, /b/tards, etc. Never take any of their comments seriously. Not to mention (and keep in mind my current knowledge of the series comes from this thread, considering I haven't read any scanlations in over a year, for some reason ) that she was injected with blood before she died... notice how not once has any vampire in this series actually bitten a dead person
I'll clear things up for you, Moka was born sickly and would've died an infant if Akasha didn't inject her with her own blood. The shinso blood allowed Moka to recover from her illness. Akasha didn't die.

Much later Akasha was assaulted by Akua, her step daughter, who hoped to drink Akashas' blood to become a Shinso herself. Unfortunately for Akua, she didn't stand a chance. Moka stumbled upon this fight, and some stuff happens Alucard was awakened and attempted to absorb Moka. Akasha then places the seal on Moka to seal the Shinso blood so that Alucard won't react to it. Then Akasha sacrifices herself to seal Alucard back into slumber.
Old 2011-05-12, 15:28   Link #19976
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Why exactly is it cool to spell dracula backwards?
Old 2011-05-12, 15:36   Link #19977
Khalil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Dunno, but it goes back to a character named Johnny Alucard from the movie Dracula A.D. 1972. Given the date, you can imagine how cool - or rather, groovy - he must be.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 17:04   Link #19978
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Not to mention that Moka or any of the other vampires aren't 'undead' at all...

If I remember, the vid was of Crispen Freeman giving an impromptu lecture at a con on vampires and their lore in regards to Hellsing (and Twilight). It was actually pretty informative in where he called the Twilight vampires 'fairies' for sparkling when the sun hit them. Someone had asked as a comment (as if Crispen would read and respond), 'But what about R+V vampires' so I answered that the Rosario vampires are completely different from Hellsings in that Moka isn't an 'undead', nor are her sisters and family.

Then genius answered and I was just "...wut" and felt I had to share.

~*~
Yeah, can't quite catch them all, hit and miss I say. However I did have an interesting thought about the Sparkly Vampires, I think it's what Tinkerbell would become if turned into a vampire or turned a vampire into a fairy, whichever way you feel would work. I've never bothered with following it, so I just looked at a clip of the "sparkle" and said "Yup, Tinkerbell would just love that guy, or love to hate him and his kind because they're more sparkly than she is. But it's a Teen thing and one author's attempt to change another of the stereotypes.
Old 2011-05-12, 20:06   Link #19979
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Blackmasking names is always cool

Robert

Trebor/Trevor Belmont.

Old 2011-05-12, 21:08   Link #19980
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Quote:
Because the character of Dracula is seen as an evil vicious bloodsucking vampire, stealing maidens' souls, that kind of stuff, who is always killed, most of it courtesy of Brahm Stoker's novel. When you reverse it to Alucard, you open up a whole world of possibilities, since Alucard is mostly just used in Japanese media, and you're not stepping on too much copyright stuff

Edit: First post of page 1000! W00T!!!!

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural, vampire