AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 166 69.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 20.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 5.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.84%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-23, 10:09   Link #41
Shiori-chan

one word for this episode: WOW
Old 2007-05-23, 10:15   Link #42
livs20

this episode is the best but i'm a little sad that teresa had to die
Old 2007-05-23, 10:22   Link #43
Lemartes

man, how sober and undramatically Teresa got killed. It kinda caught me off guard.
But then again, that's one of the strong points of claymore. No endless talk and heoric fighting/dying. Just plain and simple battles.

I don't understand what Priscilla talked about, since I don't understand japanese. So I'll have to delay my final judgement. However my first impression of her is "I don't like this cocky bitch".
She is a total sucker in my opinion. Hopefully she will get killed! =(
Old 2007-05-23, 10:41   Link #44
Mez

uhh wow. although i had predicted there was a strong possiblity of it happening, it was really looking good for teresa for awhile, so i got my hopes up. then out of nowhere, bam. very shocking and surprising. there goes my favourite character :/
Old 2007-05-23, 10:52   Link #45
GriS

like most of the above, I kind of expect teresa to get killed, but what I did not expect is how she is killed! all of the sudden, her hands are simply chopped off in one flash, and beheaded in a sec. Just when I thought teresa will end priscilla so supposed suffering, it is reversed, producing a huge impact and caught me off guarded.

Kudos to madhouse for the impressive execution

edit: huge failure for the organisation .. instead of teresa's death, we have top 4 claymore killed and even worst of all, an awakened priscilla...
Old 2007-05-23, 11:06   Link #46
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post
like most of the above, I kind of expect teresa to get killed, but what I did not expect is how she is killed! all of the sudden, her hands are simply chopped off in one flash, and beheaded in a sec.
couldnt agree more ~ i expected teresa to die but this was just unfair...a warrior should die in battle...not getting backstabbed from the shadows...im still shocked at how her hands got taken off so quicky...she didnt have time to react ;__; i hope clare makes priscilla pay a million times over for what she did T.T

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-23, 11:06   Link #47
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

No. NO! I WON"T ACCEPT THAT!

Spoiler for Spoiler - RAWR!:

This episode was emotionally draining. I might take another day off of school because of today's episode. (/Kidding) But this episode was excellent. Claymore is definitely this season's best IMO. Every episode has been animated with disgusting detail. The script, story and characterization have been almost flawless in my eyes. This will be my number one anime if the quality keeps up.
Old 2007-05-23, 11:20   Link #48
Kouvley

What an episode!

I had expected Teresa to lose and probably die but the way it actually happened shocked and suprised me completely. Just as a glimmer of hope crept into my mind that Teresa might actually survive then BAM - it's over. Poor Teresa indeed. T_T

Priscilla's full transformation and the masacre of the other claymores was also unexpected, I had thought they might be the ones to have taken Claire in to become a claymore after Teresa's inevitable defeat and perhaps appear in the present day as mentor type characters.

Judging from the preview, looks like we will be introduced to a new cast of claymores.

Overall this flashback arc has been near flawless, we now know Claire's motivation for becoming a claymore is probably to avenge Teresa but is that her only reason?

Can't wait for more.
Old 2007-05-23, 11:28   Link #49
Anime Online

What the hell, for all her supposed ability, Teresa could only make a baffled expression before Priscillia killed her. Even Irene put up more of a fight.

Teresa being the best there is but still caught off-guard? Isn't she able to sense the flow of yoki energy? Bah, I feel so cheated. Damn the mangaka for hyping up Teresa's powers and then giving her such a stupid death.

Oh well, we move back to present-day Clare next episode.
Old 2007-05-23, 11:39   Link #50
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Priscilla, the Antagonist. Yep, she can´t be ranked as an evil villain though.
Old 2007-05-23, 11:46   Link #51
t3ck
Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Spoiler:
Agree wholeheartedly on this two points. I thought it would be great to end at what we think should be (erm.. spoiler so...) ^^;

As for her death I don't think it's stupid. Teresa have changed after Clare's tag along, like how she spare Priscilla's life the first time. When she was going to behead Priscilla, instead of being the ruthless Teresa that don't give a damn about others, she pity her. Letting down her guard and just wanted to end Pris's suffering. And we know what happens next. I thought it was pretty reasonable (to me at least) and although shocking none the less, I really like how the mangaka put at end to Teresa and unfold the rest of the story.
Old 2007-05-23, 11:57   Link #52
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemartes View Post
man, how sober and undramatically Teresa got killed. It kinda caught me off guard.
But then again, that's one of the strong points of claymore. No endless talk and heoric fighting/dying. Just plain and simple battles.
This is pretty much how it happened in the manga as well. It was a very "huh, what? WHAT??? NOOOOOOO!!!!!" depiction, and it looks like the anime has carried that over.

The shots in the anime of the eye skewers remind me of A Christmas Story. Shoulda worn safety goggles!

Manga Blog: Manga Mosaic
Old 2007-05-23, 12:07   Link #53
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
What the hell, for all her supposed ability, Teresa could only make a baffled expression before Priscillia killed her. Even Irene put up more of a fight.

Teresa being the best there is but still caught off-guard? Isn't she able to sense the flow of yoki energy? Bah, I feel so cheated. Damn the mangaka for hyping up Teresa's powers and then giving her such a stupid death.

Oh well, we move back to present-day Clare next episode.
Well that just goes to show how powerful Priscilla was in her awakening. After all, Priscilla had the potential to surpass Teresa anyway.
Old 2007-05-23, 12:11   Link #54
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

It was too much energy swinging in every direction. Theresa was unfortunate.

Priscilla just lost control.... ;_; Poor girl.
Old 2007-05-23, 12:39   Link #55
darky
I belong to Darkness

Send a message via MSN to darky
Spoiler for My feeling:
Old 2007-05-23, 12:42   Link #56
Guido

For some reason after watching all the blood and gore for this episode I am feeling hungry.

Some human entrails, anyone?
Old 2007-05-23, 12:47   Link #57
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Im confused. Teressa named the girl Claire. It seems she knows Claire the Claymore and named the girl after her. After she broke the rule, I figured theyd send Claire the Claymore after her and there'd be a claire v raki philosophical debate/conflict. Hence the obvious naming and whatnot.

But now I dont know what the heck is going on. Is this a flashback to before Claire was a Claymore? Is Claire the girl, Claire the claymore?

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2007-05-23, 12:48   Link #58
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well...finally..the moment is here..which made me cry when i read the manga and go one whole week with a pissed off mood. Awesomely made episode...truly deserves a 10...even if better episodes may come. No matter how many times i see the scene where Teresa was killed by that cheap shot from that bi*** Priscilla, I just cant help but being over come by this extreme sad and painful feeling

I guess this episode decides who stay hooked on to the series and who dont. Those who didnt give up till now on this series will definitely realise how beautiful of a series this has a potential of. Hope MADHOUSE continues its brilliant job.

PS: The Yoma Priscilla's voice was a bit irritating, but i really dont care about her. Priscilla has always pissed me off neway.

FAREWELL to Teresa of The Faint Smile. Not once did u show the ugly face. You will always remember a Beauty for Eternity...cyonara
Old 2007-05-23, 12:49   Link #59
LCeh

What a powerful episode. You could really feel the bond between Teresa and Clare in this episode. I gotta say this was quite well done, though that's not to say that there weren't flaws, but then some parts were just done so well that I just have to hand it to Madhouse.

As a manga reader, even already knowing what was happening, I was still holding my breath during the second half of the episode, and when the inevitable happened, I was still shocked by it.

The anime also did a really good job on depicting just how much more powerful Priscilla was than your average everyday claymore. Only Teresa could have matched her, and the others were disposed in a matter of seconds, even though they were the higher single digit ranked claymores.
Old 2007-05-23, 12:54   Link #60
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Rated this a 10.

The scene at the end with Clare was very sad...really hated seeing Teresa go like that.
Closed Thread