AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-16, 15:20   Link #301
Squawks
PSI you from behind
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 24
There is definitely a limited printing, which is always the case with printed media. You won't get a bonus other then that your pre-ordered copy is reserved and will be shipped to you once CDJapan has them.

Then again, Claymore isn't really that much of a big serie, in general, in the west so you could take the gamble.
Squawks is offline  
Old 2010-06-17, 09:10   Link #302
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
If you don't pre-order something it means you have to wait to get it, if the demand is high enough. Sometimes I don't preiorder stuff and get it the same day as those who pre-order it. Pre-ordering is really just a reservation of the product for when it is released.
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2010-06-17, 14:55   Link #303
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
If you don't pre-order something it means you have to wait to get it, if the demand is high enough. Sometimes I don't preiorder stuff and get it the same day as those who pre-order it. Pre-ordering is really just a reservation of the product for when it is released.
So I can still order it on the release date and most likely get it?
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-06-17, 20:11   Link #304
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
So I can still order it on the release date and most likely get it?
I won't guarantee it, but it is a possibility. This holds true with all pre-orders and even though this is a limited printing, I can't see them making more copies than the pre-orders, especially if it sells well.
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2010-06-17, 20:19   Link #305
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I won't guarantee it, but it is a possibility. This holds true with all pre-orders and even though this is a limited printing, I can't see them making more copies than the pre-orders, especially if it sells well.
Well I hope I can still get it. BTW: if I read it right I think vol 18 comes out the same time too.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-06-18, 10:14   Link #306
Squawks
PSI you from behind
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 24
It does, I pre-ordered both at CDJapan.
Squawks is offline  
Old 2010-06-18, 13:34   Link #307
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
It does, I pre-ordered both at CDJapan.
Does it have the cover of Claymore 18?
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-06-18, 14:00   Link #308
Squawks
PSI you from behind
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 24
Nope, not yet.
Squawks is offline  
Old 2010-06-21, 11:34   Link #309
BaalChaamon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: on Campus
Clare

One of my work colleagues is in Tokyo at the moment
and I've asked him to get me the Clare figure http://www.riuva.com/?p=705in one of the shops.

Can anyone point me out to any shop that might stock them
BaalChaamon is offline  
Old 2010-06-21, 22:10   Link #310
alovelyburn
The Invisible Me.
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
HUM.

Well I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask actually, but where did the databooks COME FROM anyway? Were they individual books? Bonus material somewhere?

What do I need to buy in order to get a physical copy of these things, and does anyone know where whatever that thing is that I would need to buy... can be bought? Because... while I've seen scans and all, they are too small and I cannot read them for my life, angst woe.

Last edited by alovelyburn; 2010-06-22 at 02:58. Reason: Forgot the word "I" :P
alovelyburn is offline  
Old 2010-06-21, 22:30   Link #311
evil_kenshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by alovelyburn View Post
HUM.

Well I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask actually, but where did the databooks COME FROM anyway? Were they individual books? Bonus material somewhere?

What do I need to buy in order to get a physical copy of these things, and does anyone know where whatever that thing is that I would need to buy... can be bought? Because... while I've seen scans and all, they are too small and cannot read them for my life, angst woe.
I'm curious about this myself never on amazon or ebay or anything have I seen the claymore databooks for sale.

even searching in google doesn't find it.
evil_kenshin is offline  
Old 2010-06-22, 06:05   Link #312
Squawks
PSI you from behind
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 24
I have all three of them. Basically they're not databooks. Together, all 3 books compile the manga until the end of volume 13. I think Shueisha did this because of the anime, besides that they are like One Piece Log books. The character data etc. were just an extra as was the 3 part poster.
Squawks is offline  
Old 2010-06-22, 14:24   Link #313
alovelyburn
The Invisible Me.
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
I have all three of them. Basically they're not databooks. Together, all 3 books compile the manga until the end of volume 13. I think Shueisha did this because of the anime, besides that they are like One Piece Log books. The character data etc. were just an extra as was the 3 part poster.
Fantastic! Do you (or does anyone, really) know where I can find these books? Because I've been meaning to get the series in Japanese anyway, and an omnibus edition or three would be pretty useful except that I've already looked around for such a thing and couldn't find them.
alovelyburn is offline  
Old 2010-06-22, 14:33   Link #314
Squawks
PSI you from behind
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 24
A friend of mine knows someone from Japan. He ordered them from yahoo auction and shipped them over to me.

You could try yahoo auction, but the whole site's in Japanese.
Squawks is offline  
Old 2010-06-22, 15:03   Link #315
alovelyburn
The Invisible Me.
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
A friend of mine knows someone from Japan. He ordered them from yahoo auction and shipped them over to me.

You could try yahoo auction, but the whole site's in Japanese.
...would you believe I forgot Yahoo Auction existed?

Thank you! I can usually read enough to navigate Japanese sites, but even if I can't half my family is native Japanese so I'm sure I can find someone to do it for me.
alovelyburn is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 20:47   Link #316
shogun01
Resident Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Western NY
I figure this is the best place to post this.

According to the weekly Japanese manga charts, Claymore vol. 18 is at number 2 with 100,166 copies sold.

That's the highest one week sales, that I've seen for a volume of Claymore.
shogun01 is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 21:41   Link #317
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: passed out inside a sea monster.
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun01 View Post
I figure this is the best place to post this.

According to the weekly Japanese manga charts, Claymore vol. 18 is at number 2 with 100,166 copies sold.

That's the highest one week sales, that I've seen for a volume of Claymore.
Thats a good thing aint it? I think it'll be the same as the other vol are released aswell.
FormerAbyssalone is offline  
Old 2010-07-07, 21:53   Link #318
Mafuyu
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pretzel Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaalChaamon View Post
One of my work colleagues is in Tokyo at the moment
and I've asked him to get me the Clare figure http://www.riuva.com/?p=705in one of the shops.

Can anyone point me out to any shop that might stock them
I saw one for sale on ebay for an okay price 62$. I bought mine preorder from a site a long time ago, the name of which I have forgotten.
Mafuyu is offline  
Old 2010-07-08, 11:29   Link #319
shogun01
Resident Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Western NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Thats a good thing aint it? I think it'll be the same as the other vol are released aswell.
Any manga that sells over a 100,000 units is really good. The last few volumes of Claymore sold over 200,000 after several weeks. However, the first week's sales for those volumes were usually hovering around 80,000.
shogun01 is offline  
Old 2010-07-09, 11:59   Link #320
Ryus
The One Eyed King
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lurking Up Ahead
They attempted to deliver my artbook today but I was outside bringing in the trash can (picked up in the back of my house) when he was my front door.

Apparently the post man couldn't be bothered to wait 30 seconds and ringing the doorbell again (likely due to this damn heat wave) since I was only out of the house for about that long . Also the artbook required a signature for some stupid reason... so it couldn't be left at my front door. All the post man did was leave me a half completed notification of deliver attempt... he didn't even check off the first delivery attempt or final delivery attempt box. Maybe he'll redeliver tomorrow and actually do his job this time.

Well, for the rest of you who ordered it, since my copy arrived (yet wasn't delivered) yours should be delivered anytime now.
Ryus is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.