AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-14, 09:40   Link #241
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
The scene where shinkurou gave murasaki two bonkers to the head was quite mature too. In other animes i know when that kind of event happens, the clincher moment happens to be a glorified slap (with matching shining background ZzZzZz). This time the head spank was so normal it was beautifully portrayed(get it?) showing how murasaki can adapt to situations while maintaining her original attitude. ah, watching potential masterpieces in the makings like these gives me goosebumps.
Agree that the scene was handled quite well. Wasn't some knocks to the head for comedic value, but a serious method to get a lesson in there. Was a little worried what would happen when he started knocking her on the head in a public area . But Murasaki was pretty mature and once she understood took appropriate action. Even telling Shinkurou that it wasn't right to apologize since his position was correct at the time.

Bond is getting better between the two. Looking forward to seeing the reason for the school visit next episode.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-04-14 at 10:05.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:06   Link #242
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

this show is pretty damn cool, why doesn't it have its own sub-forums?
ForgedGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:17   Link #243
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

^

Long story short? Not enough post to warrent it's own sub-forums.

Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:28   Link #244
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

heck, even soul eater, despite having almost a thousand posts before entering episode 3, doesnt even have a sub forum...yet.

i prefer that this series not to have a sub forum because it would only disperse the discussions on different threads.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 10:33   Link #245
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Yea...this is turning out to be a hidden gem for this spring imo. Though it doesn't matter if it gets a sub or not (and yes, it is easier to keep track of things if it doesn't ^^).

Soul eater would probably get one soon. I'll be dammed if it doesn't.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:06   Link #246
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah some good series have enough discussion to warrant a sub-forum and some don't. Shouldn't make a difference either way since this will still be a good show to talk about.
Old 2008-04-14, 11:26   Link #247
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I think this series caught a lot viewers off guard i know I'm one of them. But I like it when surprise like this happens it makes me remember why i started watching anime in the first place.
Old 2008-04-14, 11:49   Link #248
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Spoiler for kinda spoiler:
i think you should mark that as spoiler as it gives info we don't actually have in the anime,
but i guess it's not critical..

Spoiler for just in case:
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:58   Link #249
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

i thought that

Spoiler for ep 2:
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 12:05   Link #250
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
i thought that

Spoiler for ep 2:
Spoiler for just in case XD:
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 12:38   Link #251
Westlo
Lets be reality

Another very good episode.

Tamaki - "I'm Shikurou-kun's woman."
Murasaki - "I can see that you're a woman."

Murasaki is <3

As for the next episode I can't wait to witness the first meeting between Murasaki and Yuuno XD
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 14:18   Link #252
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Let's leave the the whether a good series deserve a sub forum decision to the mods

Episode 2 definitely got me interested in the series, Murasaki is just so kawaii. She's not the usual rich bratty kid that i have seen in anime. Felt more like a female version of Chagum from Seirei no Moribito.

Shinkurou is another interesting one. It's quite a huge contrast between his normal nice and polite personality and his utter emotionless brutality when beating the crap out of the 3 guys in the bar. No wonder he told Murasaki that there's different faces in people.

Shinkurou lecturing Murasaki on etiquette in the bathhouse is quite endearing.
Old 2008-04-14, 18:40   Link #253
ApostleOfGod
^.^

This probably won't get a subforum - it doesn't meet the requirements post-wise, and that's just one of many reasons why it probably won't end up with a sub forum. Besides, there's a lot of great series that have not been recognized or deemed as sub forum material. Kure nai will probably just go down as one of those series, but nevertheless an outstanding one in that group.

Just watched episode 2 like others who previously posted. It's amazing so far, I still can't figure put the given pieces together properly. Beniko remains a mystery herself. And the whole Kuhouin issue, Murasaki, what happened to Shinkurou that made him this way, and everything - why things are the way they are. What's clear is that Kuhouin's family, who are rich, is trying to get their daughter back from kidnapper Beniko (although Murasaki doesn't oppose this as much, so I guess it's borderline *running away from home*). Shinkurou is a poor high school kid who puts on a facade for just about everything. I can't tell which one is the real him; rather, I think he can't decide between who he really wants to be.

That arm of his is also another mystery of its own. Kind of like a monster trying to escape, reminds me of Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke, when his arm got cursed by that boar - however, the ironic side effect was that he obtained somewhat extraordinary strength from this fatal curse. I feel that the situation is similar with Shinkurou.

Is Beniko really short of workers? Just what does she really do? What are some of her employees doing? Like that ponytailed guy/girl always dressed up, who's pretty much observing Murasaki and Shinkurou from a distance..

Everything in this show is a mystery. Yet, it doesn't confuse you or mislead you - clear problems are slowly being solved, as the characters undergo extreme development. In two episodes, it's already more than I can handle. I can't even remember the names properly -_-. The fact that like 20 other watchable series came out this Spring doesn't help the crisis either ...

*Cries*

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 18:57   Link #254
blewin

I like the flashback at the beginning (through Shinkuro's dream). Ep 2 continues to develop the relationship between the two characters, and it's great to see Murasaki understanding kindness.

Still, it bugs me how a 7 year old girl can think and speak like an independent adult.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 20:35   Link #255
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Still, it bugs me how a 7 year old girl can think and speak like an independent adult.
You would too, if that's how you grow up hearing people talk.

Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 20:45   Link #256
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Really? I'm quite fond of her since she reminds me of myself when I was a child (tragic circumstances and family issues aside). I love her independence and stubbornness, but adaptability and acceptance when necessary.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 21:12   Link #257
Hao

Shinkurou's dream was spooky. It's scary thinking about his situation, being stuck in a place like that. ;o

I'm totally hooked on this serie. Murasaki is so cute ^-^
Hao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 22:06   Link #258
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, this is officially the first spring series this season that I love. Ep 2 was brilliant - every detail of character development was pitch-perfect, and the plot was advanced at an ideal pace. The tone was just right, too - a nice mix of warmth and menace. A nice mix of charming everyday humdrum and action in the plot. A perfect mix of Shinkurou's deadapan, sweet but cold vulnerabilty/power and Murasaki's brattiness and loneliness. Just loads of contrasts working well here - that's really hard to do - and even the animation style began to grow on me. I'm in for the long haul.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 22:09   Link #259
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyaristotle View Post
no need to worry, there is ZERO sexual undertones to the scenes your are referring to. For one thing they are in a public bath, and in japan (and other countries) parents usually bathe with their children up to a certain age. Same thing with siblings as well.

If anything I find the relationship between Murasaki and Shintaro natural and endearing . Something rare in today's anime
ITA here - that scene worked because it was played so matter-of-factly, without innuendo or over-the-top emotional manipulation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 23:21   Link #260
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao View Post
Shinkurou's dream was spooky. It's scary thinking about his situation, being stuck in a place like that. ;o

I'm totally hooked on this series. Murasaki is so cute ^-^
Would agree that was a pretty disturbing dream. Can only imagine the state he would have been in when finally found. Even just a few moments like that would have messed up most people. Hopefully spending time with Murasaki will eventually help to heal those mental wounds.

No doubt about it though. That girl really is cute .

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen