AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-09, 23:30   Link #861
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not so sure about that. If it's true, it's only because Shinkurou is extremely unhappy. Those two seem pretty unhappy to me. Good-hearted, but not able to keep boyfriends and living in a hole, lounging around watching TV all day.
Well, you're using the concept of "happiness" according to society. Supposedly, if one has a good job, earns a good income and has a stable family one should be happy, at least according to the ideals of society. What we're seeing in Kurenai is how there are some persons that can convey the same feeling of happiness without adjusting to the ideals society represents, and how sometimes trying to adapt to those may lead to unhappiness.

"Living in a hole" might seem sad and depressing, but that depends on how you take to doing so.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 01:42   Link #862
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Spoiler for story:

Everything derive from social construct is arbitrary. Happiness? -> eye of the beholder. A circumstance that created happiness for one individual may not create happiness for another. What you believe is happiness is you, not me, and not the next person you see walking down the street. Your thoughts or ideals of what is expected as happiness is not absolute. The general idea that many people accept as happiness is because it is socially constructed not absolute. Just because half of society agrees with it doesn't mean every single individual have to go along with it.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 15:43   Link #863
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Well, you're using the concept of "happiness" according to society. Supposedly, if one has a good job, earns a good income and has a stable family one should be happy, at least according to the ideals of society. What we're seeing in Kurenai is how there are some persons that can convey the same feeling of happiness without adjusting to the ideals society represents, and how sometimes trying to adapt to those may lead to unhappiness. "Living in a hole" might seem sad and depressing, but that depends on how you take to doing so.
I'm not judging from physical circumstances alone, but from the look in their eyes and what they say. I have had the impression throughout that they are fundamentally unhappy and that their occasional jollity is just an attempt to cover that up. Of course, people can live in poor circumstances and be happy. I just don't see these two as falling into that category. The writers may want us to think that, I'm not sure. But I don't. We'll see if I'm wrong.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-11 at 19:01.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 21:40   Link #864
KoroshiyaX
X

Ep 11...

Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 22:31   Link #865
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not judging from physical circumstances alone, but from the look in their eyes and what they say. I have had the impression throughout that they are fundamentally unhappy and that their occasional jollity is just an attempt to cover that up. Of course, people can live in poor circumstances and be happy. I just don't see these two as falling into that category. The writers may want us to think that, I'm not sure. But I don't. We'll see if I'm wrong.
I think their situation is somewhat more complex than just "happy" and "unhappy". I'm not sure about Yamie, because we haven't been given a chance to thoroughly explore her character, but with Tamaki it's clear that she's still yet to find her place in life. That doesn't necessarily make her "unhappy", but I'd seriously doubt she's perpetually happy either.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 10:46   Link #866
mt-i

KoroshiyaX: you think so? As I said on MAL:
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2008-06-13, 11:54   Link #867
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Spoiler for ep11:
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 06:05   Link #868
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-i View Post
KoroshiyaX: you think so? As I said on MAL:
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Methinks you missed the point of the episode completely.

This series has prove more often than not that it has diverged from the novel.

Now if you would take a moment to read what I thought

Kure-Nai ~ Episode 11 ~ Castle siege

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 13:04   Link #869
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Really enjoying this anime it balances seroiueness with wit and humor well, dosent have the best of writing but the characters and story's make up for anything it may lack.

I am up to ep 5 BSS trackers are down cant see more and I am hooked on dis show =0-o=
needz more noa :P

how many eps will this be 12 with more to come if they can get backing or will it be a normal 2X series?
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 21:44   Link #870
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
only 13 eps

==SSDD==++black will take no other hue++==SSDD==
kriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 00:51   Link #871
Rembr

I'm not sure if Shinkurou will be able to overcome his current situation without major help from the writers...
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 01:46   Link #872
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

Would someone be sweet and link 5-10 for me? I'll dance at your wedding

"L'enfer, c'est les autres." - Jean-Paul Sartre
http://bathcat.muxtape.com/
Cut-Tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 13:00   Link #873
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
Spoiler for story:

Everything derive from social construct is arbitrary. Happiness? -> eye of the beholder. A circumstance that created happiness for one individual may not create happiness for another. What you believe is happiness is you, not me, and not the next person you see walking down the street. Your thoughts or ideals of what is expected as happiness is not absolute. The general idea that many people accept as happiness is because it is socially constructed not absolute. Just because half of society agrees with it doesn't mean every single individual have to go along with it.
...which links neatly to the Kuhoin's arguement that the values of society have no relevence for them. In a vanished social milleu where girls were normally kept at home and obliged to bear children from age 13, would a girl who was unhappy with this be wrong? If it was their whole previous life, she quite possibly would have been happy; Murasaki wasn't unhappy because of the confinement and prospect of incest, just because of her mean step-mother, and finding her real and loving mother as a cooling body.

Man, this might not have been a good first post...
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 13:08   Link #874
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
...which links neatly to the Kuhoin's arguement that the values of society have no relevence for them. In a vanished social milleu where girls were normally kept at home and obliged to bear children from age 13, would a girl who was unhappy with this be wrong? If it was their whole previous life, she quite possibly would have been happy; Murasaki wasn't unhappy because of the confinement and prospect of incest, just because of her mean step-mother, and finding her real and loving mother as a cooling body.

Man, this might not have been a good first post...
A very good point a life filled with stern coldness can have a kind of happiness thats is at the least contentment if not an obscure "happiness" for the one in the apparent cage.
Old 2008-06-16, 19:28   Link #875
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

If I were to write the second season in twenty six episodes...

Spoiler:

I need to write my own fanfic, srsly.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 00:02   Link #876
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
If I were to write the second season in twenty six episodes...

Spoiler:

I need to write my own fanfic, srsly.
uhg another pointless romantic drama/comdey...no thanks :P
-----------

For thos that can not download eps 6+ sumotorrent has multi tracker torrent files that are seeded!
just look for bss kurenai 6 or something, I looked through a dozen trackers and there the only ones with multi trackers the rest go to the subbers offlined tracker only.

edit
ok by adding on the tracker info from btmon you can get eps 6-10 its a bit of a messy way to do it but they are all downloading now.

PS:I dunno why zippy brains wants to call tracker=announce url ><

Last edited by ZippyDSM; 2008-06-17 at 00:31.
Old 2008-06-17, 05:19   Link #877
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
uhg another pointless romantic drama/comdey...no thanks :P
-----------><
Well, most romances don't have the heroine introduced as a kid, growing up to fall in love with an older boy. Murasaki might not be 'clueless' about her feelings, though, she's got a good idea of them now; but she might become uncertain of their nature as she grows up...

Has to be said, with all the romantic dramas around, a good extended series would take huge amounts of work.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 06:04   Link #878
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Murasaki might not be 'clueless' about her feelings, though, she's got a good idea of them now; but she might become uncertain of their nature as she grows up...
That's true, she finds their age difference rather perplexing and is impatient to grow up so she thinks she could be a worthy contender of Shinkurou's affections. However, even tho she has had to grow up beyond her years, and she's shown amazing perception than some older women, she's still a kid and I doubt she understands what "love" REALLY is even though she says she loves Shinkurou.

But their bond is very fascinating and sweet. We see Yuuno very clingy to Shinkurou for his affections, and Ginko repressing her desire for him through her sarcasm for a considerably long time, and here comes this refined, little lady of 7 who effectively destroys his barriers and manages to get close to him in a level no woman (or even person) had reached before. It's heart-warming to see them reaching out and changing each other (not in a romantic way.) They are very, very important to each other.

What would happen if Murasaki grows up? Assuming that Murasaki rejects the Kuhouin name and she stays with Shinkurou in the end, and assuming Murasaki's innocent love for Shinkurou grows into something more (at least this is more likely than 2x!Shinkurou --> 18!Murasaki ) I personally won't mind the possibility of an evolved bond between them ten... no eleven years later ( 11+ 7 = 18!)

Quote:
Has to be said, with all the romantic dramas around, a good extended series would take huge amounts of work.
But it's usually those that makes it epic, the ones that make such a grand impression. The only anime series that I know of that takes this approach is...

Spoiler for The couple of Daddy Long Legs:

Anyway, enough about my silly romantic side. Carry on!
Old 2008-06-17, 06:20   Link #879
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post

Spoiler for The couple of Daddy Long Legs:

Anyway, enough about my silly romantic side. Carry on!
I found the plot in that anime a little risque on Jervis part.

Really she was thinking of him as her childhood crush then lover then she finds out that he is her substitute father.

So wrong in Hikaru Genji levels.

Then again in Kurenai your can't help notice the lead female is named Murasaki.

A name associated with the epic thast tells the story of a playboy and the girl he raises to be his future wife.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 07:22   Link #880
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I found the plot in that anime a little risque on Jervis part.

Really she was thinking of him as her childhood crush then lover then she finds out that he is her substitute father.
Oh wow, someone else who watched DLL! I wouldn't say substitute father... (he had long legs, thus the nickname "Daddy long legs". )

The age difference isn't so severe between Shinkurou/Murasaki (he's 15). Not that it helps any...

Quote:
A name associated with the epic thast tells the story of a playboy and the girl he raises to be his future wife.
Then again Shinkurou might not swing that way in the future...

He does have other choices for his love interest.

Murasaki would be the healing touch to Shinkurou like Tomoe was to Kenshin. (I know there're better examples but still... :P ) She'd fix him where it's broke and package him nicely to other women (though by the time she grows up, I'm not sure if she'll be thrilled doing that. )

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen