AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2008-04-09, 18:34   Link #141
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

if the anime follows closely to the novel, your need for serious drama would certainly be addressed (but not the same tear-inducing dramas such as SaiKano and such, but its just as intense).

We were discussing the possibility of romance in the series because... well... its possible . And also if you have read the manga:

Spoiler for DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED:
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:04   Link #142
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
No but i been around her a lot for many years. I dont know how i would act towards a girl i raised. I already know i wouldnt date a No Blood related sister cuz yeah i got one and i just cant see her that way.
Exactly.

If the age gap doesn't deter, that factor should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
im sorry, havent read the novel in ages but yuno was definitely older than shinkurou and that there was only an eight year gap between the two main protagonists (murasaki-shinkurou)
I'm pretty sure Yuno is only 1 year older... After all she is still in their school...

Quote:
eight years as a gap isnt that big for me, unless if i was like.. 17 and the one im dating is 9 years old, but as you get older it kinda transcends age. heck my parents have a 13 year gap and no one really gets irked by it.
Like I've said. If the age different doesn't bother you, then consider the fact that he's been raising her...

Quote:

We were discussing the possibility of romance in the series because... well... its possible . And also if you have read the manga:

Spoiler for DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED:

If anything, I still chalk that down to her child-Innocence As you have pointed out, there's alot of thing she doesn't know yet

Another strong romance possibility would be Ginko,

Spoiler:

I definitely want to see more from Yuno...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 21:19   Link #143
Supah Em
*Scanlator

Quote:
consider the fact that he's been raising her
like what happened at the tale of the genji? genji raised murasaki to be a fine woman then married(i think) her later when she grew up.

havent read chapter 5 yet but that papa mama thing is kinda interesting
Old 2008-04-09, 21:31   Link #144
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
like what happened at the tale of the genji? genji raised murasaki to be a fine woman then married(i think) her later when she grew up.

Huh? What's that ?

Quote:
havent read chapter 5 yet but that papa mama thing is kinda interesting
Goes without saying
Old 2008-04-09, 21:43   Link #145
Supah Em
*Scanlator

go to the earlier pages of this thread and you'll find information about the tale of the genji

apparently, the murasaki-shinkurou relationship bears a close resemblance to the genji-murasaki relationship, and its her name sake so go figure.
Old 2008-04-09, 21:49   Link #146
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

This series attracted me,because it gave me different sort of vibes compare to when i am watching other animes.Their relationship interest me deeply.Maybe i should read this tale of genji someday
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 22:05   Link #147
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
It's actually pretty boring to tell you the truth. Better to read one of the modernized manga adaptations of the tale, IMO.

But interesting... Kure-nai having parallels with Genji? I can actually see it, considering Genji is the Japanese Casanova, while the women just can't help but flock to Shinkurou. Need second episode to have a better grasp of where's this series is headed though...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 22:12   Link #148
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah heard about Genji in a class, but haven't actually read the thing. Have the basics so think I'm alright there.

Anyways interested in seeing where things go with the series. Of course the troubles of just taking care of this girl. But I'm sure her father will send out guys to retrieve her.
Old 2008-04-10, 04:12   Link #149
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

This is actually a lot better than the manga, which was freaking confusing.

I only heard later that the manga was out-of-order compared to the original light novels, but even that doesn't help.

*Is following the anime series instead*

It seems like it's going to be a relatively serious story. I'm particularly interested in his strange body condition and where the story will go. I hope they keep up the pace and quality and it will be a very interesting Spring show.

Does anyone know how long this will be?

P.S. the OP amuses me. The Shanaesque music contrasts well with the lolwut animation.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 06:51   Link #150
Supah Em
*Scanlator

13 episodes

and i think it was explained in the manga why his body is like that, i'd like to achieve that in real life tho hehe
Old 2008-04-10, 10:59   Link #151
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I don't disagree at all, I totally agree with you. I was kind of baffled to see so many posts about romances in anime in which thus far has been nothing in the way of romance, except maybe the relationship between Murasaki's mother and father which was not even shown really, more like told by other characters.
Manga readers that's why! Nothing concrete but definite signs are being shown. lmao @ Yuuno in chapter 5.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:12   Link #152
Supah Em
*Scanlator

is it ok to discuss manga here? if i were asked id rather combine the two threads to be discussed here because this series is relatively new and separating the two would disperse the discussion even further. But it think it wont happen because of some differences in content and in chronology....

oh yeah... yuno's panties > all
Old 2008-04-10, 11:17   Link #153
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
oh yeah... yuno's panties > all
I can just see people who have only seen the anime go wtf at this... lmao. But it's true!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:35   Link #154
Supah Em
*Scanlator

you quoting me would probably prompt those who havent read the manga yet to skip it all together and head straight to chapter 5

as with the differences in the Manga/L.Novel/Anime chronology, seeing the preview on episode 2, i think the anime will be the one that will follow the series in the most chronological order possible. the manga would be confusing for those who havent read the light novels because it's out of order (supplemented by flash backs though)
Old 2008-04-10, 12:22   Link #155
Lucipher

Quote:
you quoting me would probably prompt those who havent read the manga yet to skip it all together and head straight to chapter 5

as with the differences in the Manga/L.Novel/Anime chronology, seeing the preview on episode 2, i think the anime will be the one that will follow the series in the most chronological order possible. the manga would be confusing for those who havent read the light novels because it's out of order (supplemented by flash backs though)
good cuz i perfer watching the anime over the manga. The only Mangas i read are AirGear and School Rumble dont feel like adding a 3rd.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:30   Link #156
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Manga readers that's why! Nothing concrete but definite signs are being shown. lmao @ Yuuno in chapter 5.
LOL!

But in the end, it was more of a Ginko/Shinkurou chapter

Quote:

Actually, it didn't feel confusing to me at all

Each chap tells a separate story that is more or less isolated from the other... Except chap 4-5.
Old 2008-04-10, 12:39   Link #157
Supah Em
*Scanlator

yeah, but to the uninitiated it may feel like you have missed a chapter or so...especially in chapter 1! i thought i was missing a chapter 0 or something because it skipped a few parts in the novel.. but i did realize it was on a different order when chapter 2 came out. both the anime and the manga started out at a relatively dark mood but the manga slowly became more light hearted with yuno and chizuru's entrance and we may see that as well in the anime. (i damn wonder how chizuru would look like in the anime adaptation)

@ Deathkillz below

i also thought about why it was labeled comedy where the only humurous part in that episode was when murasaki was nagging about the living conditions. and i suggest you read the manga, its quite a treat

Last edited by Supah Em; 2008-04-10 at 12:50.
Old 2008-04-10, 12:44   Link #158
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ Based on the first ep I would question why this series was labelled "comedy" from ANN. I guess we will wait and see
Quote:
is it ok to discuss manga here? if i were asked id rather combine the two threads to be discussed here because this series is relatively new and separating the two would disperse the discussion even further. But it think it wont happen because of some differences in content and in chronology....
Actually I think it is better to have a seperate manga thread as to spare all those innocent (and maybe unfortunate*cough*me*cough*) souls who are only watching the anime from spoilers of epix doom. It really kills the convo for us when we have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 20:11   Link #159
apr
Pedestrian

Second (raw) ep was wonderful - funny, heartwarming, and a bit frightening in the final scenes. Yet someone's bound to drag out the screencaps and make a messy argument out of it.

I'm also a bit worried about Brain's Base blowing their load too early with this spectacular animation quality. How do they afford to pay their animators? Surely the show won't garner enough popularity to reimburse what they seem to be spending on this production.
Old 2008-04-10, 20:21   Link #160
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
yeah, but to the uninitiated it may feel like you have missed a chapter or so...especially in chapter 1! i thought i was missing a chapter 0 or something because it skipped a few parts in the novel.. but i did realize it was on a different order when chapter 2 came out. both the anime and the manga started out at a relatively dark mood but the manga slowly became more light hearted with yuno and chizuru's entrance and we may see that as well in the anime. (i damn wonder how chizuru would look like in the anime adaptation)
I don't know... If you hadn't said that it wasn't in order, I wouldn't had noticed...

(And most likely, she would look NOTHING like the manga )

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen