AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-27, 16:22   Link #161
Lunariska
I eat your Cookiez!

i checked almost every torrent i know but can't find even the ultra LQ raw, so anyone could send me a link with pm or post it in the thread? after 2 hours of searching i just give up..
Lunariska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 16:22   Link #162
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I don't buy the "darkened" issue here, but I'll try to sum up my doubts, which are mostly screenplay-related:
Well, Nanoha was never really any good at explaining herself. (read: Starlight Breaker to face.)

Copypasta'd someone else's comments from some other forum, relevant:

Spoiler:
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 16:24   Link #163
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Hum... ok Episode 9 Saw
Spoiler:
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 16:25   Link #164
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
jpg]
back on topic ~
Spoiler:
I was thinking that if Shario didn't come and did the explanation , Subaru would end up in bruises just like Teana....Signum knight-ish way of teaching
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 16:27   Link #165
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I wish forum rules didn't exist. And yeah Aaron, you're quite right. RF6 Was created to deal with LL, not to be a flashy group that says "We're all powerful". They help people.

@Icarus: Edit your post. As much as I also want to express my personal opinion, it's clearly stated in the Forum Rules, that no flaming is to take place. Sadly, he hasn't insulted anyone in the forum yet.
Let's just leave it at that. He/She seems to be shot down well enough by Deathkillz already. Like I said from my earlier post:

Quote:
Calm down, Fuyu. If I didn't know better, I'd say he/she is just baiting you for more arguments. You must try not to allow it to get to your skin. We shouldn't force him/her if that person is so resolute on antagonizing the Nanoha characters. You've got a whole threads-worth of people agreeing with you after all. Getting annoyed in front of a computer is not very healthy.
Try not to stress yourself out over this, okay?

@Deathkillz: Thanks for bringing up Dark Nanoha again. It's been a while since I've last seen her.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 16:29   Link #166
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_ View Post
So why does she NEVER wear the training sweats ALL the other officers engaged in training as wella s the trainnes wear? Because she wants to stand out, to be the centrer of attention, to be the celebrity.
Again the theorycrafting?

*Sigh* there are many reasons why she does not wear the same as others. For one, the white and blue uniform is her training uniform. In the first training sequence, she wears a barrier jacket to increase the difficullity level for the trainees. This is not an ego matter, but a training matter.

By the way, you still haven't explained where you managed to get this "black hole for love, devotion and attention" thing, nor the "contradicting her desire for love and devotion, causing her to lash out."

Plus, Nanoha's doesn't care about lost Logia? damn, can you cary the theorycrafting any further? I am getting heavy flashbacks to the WoW forums. Some of the forum trolls there could really get under my skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Don't feed the trolls. ;p
I'm used to feeding them untill they explode, most of the times getting them banned in the proces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I don't buy the "darkened" issue here, but I'll try to sum up my doubts, which are mostly screenplay-related:

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Mkay, back to serious discussions:

Spoiler for serious argument, retaliation!:
Old 2007-05-27, 16:35   Link #167
GUTB_

Fact is, every other officer involved in training shows up in the training sweats, same as the trainees. Nanoha never gets out of her uniform, even though she often takes a direct role in training. I CAN'T be the only one to have noticed this.

I'll let TASB's incredibly lax human resource management slide (letting top level aces get into a stupid vanity unit and not members of more prominent units where they may be needed) as TASB is seems to be very happy-go-lucky orginization anyway. But there is NO reason for Nanoha to be there. If she REALLY wanted to train noobs, she could do it as a proper instructor in the TASB's own training programs, and thereby benfit MANY more people than just a couple of members hand-picked for their vanity unit. So what's the difference between Hayate's stupid little vanit unit and TASB's training programs?

The main difference being that RF6 is a small unit commanded by her personal friend, and that she'll be free to act as she pleases, and be the center of attention and devotion. In a regular military unit, she may be a celebrity, but there'll be a large chain of command or beuracracy surrouding her, and this does not give rise to the sort of personal world she wishes to build for herslef.

Even if you're inclined to find nothing wrong with Nanoha, you have to at least realize that if she REALLY wanted to save people from the dangers of reckless magic use, she could help many more poeple as a regular training unit instructor, and also impact TSAB's training doctorine.
GUTB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 16:35   Link #168
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm used to feeding them untill they explode, most of the times getting them banned in the proces.
Hahah, same here. I do it a lot at my usual forum.

In any rate, I liked this episode. It had quite a sombre mood, first with the punching, and then with the shouting, then the history lesson, and then with the tearful resolution. At least we can be sure that Teana will be more confident in her abilities and return to training with a more correct attitude.

Also, I do hope that's not filler in episode 10. -_-;;
Old 2007-05-27, 16:39   Link #169
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Hahah, same here. I do it a lot at shmupsforum.

In any rate, I liked this episode. It had quite a sombre mood, first with the punching, and then with the shouting, then the history lesson, and then with the tearful resolution. At least we can be sure that Teana will be more confident in her abilities and return to training with a more correct attitude.

Also, I do hope that's not filler in episode 10. -_-;;
They probably would squeeze some character development here and there .I am expecting some more Caro X Erio date accident since Fate and Nanoha doesn't seem to go along with em.Teana and Subaru goes together in their motorbike that leave Erio alone with Caro behind

They could add surprise at the end just like ep 8, Dr.Orange might kidnap our shota to satisfy his hobby in the end of episode ^.^
Old 2007-05-27, 16:45   Link #170
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Fact is, every other officer involved in training shows up in the training sweats, same as the trainees. Nanoha never gets out of her uniform, even though she often takes a direct role in training. I CAN'T be the only one to have noticed this.
Considering that uniform is Nanoha's training uniform (she is, in fact, the only one who has finished an instructor training) yes, yes you have. You simply failed to notice that you were completely wrong.

Quote:
I'll let TASB's incredibly lax human resource management slide (letting top level aces get into a stupid vanity unit and not members of more prominent units where they may be needed)
Relics can destroy entire planet, how is that not needed?

Quote:
as TASB is seems to be very happy-go-lucky orginization anyway. But there is NO reason for Nanoha to be there. If she REALLY wanted to train noobs, she could do it as a proper instructor in the TASB's own training programs, and thereby benfit MANY more people than just a couple of members hand-picked for their vanity unit. So what's the difference between Hayate's stupid little vanit unit and TASB's training programs?
Nanoha is training future elites, not newbies fresh to magic. There is a difference, and yes elites do have to be trained before they can become elites, this is a simple fact.

Quote:
The main difference being that RF6 is a small unit commanded by her personal friend, and that she'll be free to act as she pleases, and be the center of attention and devotion. In a regular military unit, she may be a celebrity, but there'll be a large chain of command or beuracracy surrouding her, and this does not give rise to the sort of personal world she wishes to build for herslef.
You have not watched every episode, have you? RF6 is still tied to a strict chain of command, one that goes beyond Hayate. This again, nulliefies your -still baseless i might add- 'center of atention and devotion' theory.

Quote:
Even if you're inclined to find nothing wrong with Nanoha, you have to at least realize that if she REALLY wanted to save people from the dangers of reckless magic use, she could help many more poeple as a regular training unit instructor, and also impact TSAB's training doctorine.
I never said there is nothing wrong with Nanoha. She has made mistakes, multiple, in fact. However, she never wanted to save everyone from reckless magic abuse. Tiana just happened to be in the unit, and had that problem. If she never had that problem, it would have never even been brought to the surface.
Old 2007-05-27, 16:45   Link #171
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
They probably would squeeze some character development here and there .I am expecting some more Caro X Erio date accident since Fate and Nanoha doesn't seem to go along with em.Teana and Subaru goes together in their motorbike that leave Erio alone with Caro behind

They could add surprise at the end just like ep 8, Dr.Orange might kidnap our shota to satisfy his hobby in the end of episode ^.^

Let's leave the shotacon part out, please.
In any case, the next episode could end in peacefully or with another emergency.
Or maybe they could put in some trouble midway.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-05-27, 16:47   Link #172
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Meh, I'm hoping for a peacefull one for a change. Enough robots for now
Old 2007-05-27, 16:48   Link #173
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....!!!

This is comedy gold !!! What a way to start the day at 5:50am in the morning !

Please oh PLEASE tell me why did an instructor who is specialized in RANGE combat needs to be seen sweating?

For that matter, why does it even matter to you that she sweat?

Does it bother you so much? Does it get you a burning desire to cut something? Scratch your eyes out? Tear your hair out?

Quote:
I'll let TASB's incredibly lax human resource management slide (letting top level aces get into a stupid vanity unit and not members of more prominent units where they may be needed) as TASB is seems to be very happy-go-lucky orginization anyway. But there is NO reason for Nanoha to be there. If she REALLY wanted to train noobs, she could do it as a proper instructor in the TASB's own training programs, and thereby benfit MANY more people than just a couple of members hand-picked for their vanity unit. So what's the difference between Hayate's stupid little vanit unit and TASB's training programs?

HAHAHAHAHAHA....!

Oh this is pure gold! You should really come into the business with us

I LOVE it how you ignored that Hayate was the one who created this department... I LOVE it how you ignored that Hayate asked Nanoha to join her... I LOVE it you ignored the job description of RF6 !

Quote:
This person is a genius!

I mean, how many people could pick out nanoha's evil and non-existing flaws in her character?!

Nicely done!

Quote:
That is so cool!

I like it how you prove that you've only watched this and ONLY this episode

Yeah! Why should her reasons from episode 2 be more important! Screw that! That's the spirit!!

P.S -

@ Raidou

Like that?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 16:49   Link #174
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post

Well, given that we've seen a conclusion to Teana's arc, a bit of history on Caro, and parts of Subaru's backstory, it would be safe to say that Erio is next in line for some character development. Especially given that he's tied in to Project Fate, along with Fate and Dr. Spaghetti. Perhaps something involving Erio, Lutecia and the "good" Doc?

Lutecia: *Darth Vader voice* "Erio... I AM your sister..."

*gets on his knees and prays*
Please God, don't let it be useless filler.
Old 2007-05-27, 16:51   Link #175
raidou
Confused person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Let's leave the shotacon part out, please.
In any case, the next episode could end in peacefully or with another emergency.
Or maybe they could put in some trouble midway.
WHY!!!....

"Satisfy his hobby"as in his hobby on relic/LL related materials and since Erio is a remnant of Project F which most probably related to Jewels seeds so

Ok ok i understand Just kidding

Quote:
P.S -

@ Raidou

Like that?
Yup exactly like that they are great too btw lol ...thank you
Old 2007-05-27, 16:53   Link #176
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA.....!!!

Please oh PLEASE tell me why did an instructor who is specialized in RANGE combat needs to be seen sweating?

Does it bother you so much? Does it get you a burning desire to cut something? Scratch your eyes out? Tear your hair out?

HAHAHAHAHAHA....!

I LOVE it how you ignored that Hayate was the one who created this department... I LOVE it how you ignored that Hayate asked Nanoha to join her... I LOVE it you ignored the job description of RF6 !

This person is a genius!

I mean, how many people could pick out nanoha's evil and non-existing flaws in her character?!

Nicely done!

That is so cool!

Yeah! Why should her reasons from episode 2 be more important! Screw that! That's the spirit!!

P.S -

@ Raidou

Like that?
You'd scare away even the most resolute trolls by the way your speaking.
And I thought the pic of Dark Nanoha was good enough.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-05-27, 16:56   Link #177
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
You'd scare away even the most resolute trolls by the way your speaking.
And I thought the pic of Dark Nanoha was good enough.
Lesson of the day?

There're always ways around flaming
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 16:59   Link #178
Aaron008R

Quote:
Lesson of the day?

There're always ways around flaming
Hai! *takes down notes*
By the way, Chaos, did you find anything in the episode to poke with?

OC Profiles
Old 2007-05-27, 16:59   Link #179
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA.....!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA....!

This person is a genius!

Nicely done!

That is so cool!

P.S -

@ Raidou

Like that?
Master Chaos is back in gear

@Aaron: You're right. Besides, this could cause wars again -_-;;
Old 2007-05-27, 17:00   Link #180
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Hmm... there is nothing more idiotic than to discuss skills, abilities and personality as one. It is laughable to base the cause of success purely on ethics.

And to indirectly respond to GUTB_ just from quotation, "belief is but a strong wish, and there is no subjective ground to speak of. the stronger the belief, the narrower the perspective, and the more error-prone judgment and analysis become. basically, belief is a loathsome term, and should just be appended in the dictionary and not to be speak of. To kill based on one's belief is more despicable than to kill for money, since money is universally transferable, while the value to belief is limited to the individual."

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote