AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2006-02-25, 00:01   Link #41
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Mistuishi Kotono - Excel (Excel Saga)

Koyasu Takehito - Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga)
Just for Excel.
Also, the VA for Osaka. Just because.
As for English dubbers, Crispin Freeman (should he have done Sephiroth's voice? Hmm) and Spike Spencer. Where's the love?
Old 2006-02-25, 00:50   Link #42
YoshiZumi
Translator for Ayu

Send a message via AIM to YoshiZumi
The voice actress for Osaka is Matsuoka Yuki. She plays Inoue Orihime in Bleach, and to name a few other noticeable shows she's done voices for, Da Capo, Elfen Lied, Girls Bravo, Negima, Uchuu no Stellvia. She is also a voice actor with a wide range of acting skills.
YoshiZumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 02:00   Link #43
wao
OK.

Hmm....

Jouji Nakata - WIN!!! His voice in Gankutsuou was just awesome. I love the deep nature of his voice and his acting was great too. Can't forget the hilariously serious Giroro in Keroro Gunsou... he gets the nuances and what not just right, IMO.

Jun Fukuyama - He might be cheapened in some people's eyes because of some of his... other series, but goodness me is he an awesome actor or what? Alright, it might seem like overracting, but it really appeals to me a lot. I feel his acting is honest and convincing. When he does emotional scenes I want to cry too, sometimes. Albert in Gankutsuou was so delightfully angsty and enjoyable and I think a lot of credit goes to his excellent voice acting. I also like his role as Aesop Suzuki in Wings of Rean. I did like his voice of Keith Laijie in Turn-A Gundam as well.

Akiko Yajima - I think she's got something special. When she does Riku in Blood+ it somehow really does sound like a young kid. Perhaps its the intonation. Perhaps it has to do with her doing Shinnosuke in the incredibly long Crayon Shin-chan... and of course, I extremely enjoyed her performance in Futatsu no Spica. I liked her voice of Haydee in Gankutsuou too; she kind of radiated this sort of sadness that made the character beliveable.

I also must mention Daisuke Hirakawa's great work as Franz in Gankutsuou (yes yes, that show has good seiyuu...) He doesn't do a lot of anime, so he's got more of a Special Mention, but really, I liked it a lot. Although I'm not articulate enough to say why, exactly.

Yuka Imai - One of my all-time favourites. I don't see her around very much but just on the basis of the Crest/Banner of the Stars shows it's enough to call her flat-out amazing. I was 100% bowled over by the performance in that show. It really brought life to even the driest of episodes, and the way she showed Jinto/Ghintec's affection for Lafiel/Lamhirh was SO GOOD. I can continue gushing about her for so long!! Those last few episodes of Crest literally had me cheering for the two of them. But the best was Banner II. Oh my gosh. I cried. That's all I need to say. (I realise I sound rather self-important here...)
And then she can do a complete about-turn in terms of type of roles and voice Wakaba in Utena. The crazy hyper Wakaba. I found that she really fit the role very well and gave a great impression of Wakaba being the cheery, somewhat clingy girlfriend who doesn't stand out a lot but is around for you - or seems like she's around for you. I could immediately feel that voice in episode 6 of Mushishi, a show that happens to have very unusual voice acting for anime (much less overacting than usual).

Junko Minagawa - Sure, she does a bunch of typical overacting-ish shounen roles but I feel she usually does them a helluva lot better than other prolific seiyuu with typecast roles (Ayako Kawasumi, Yukari Tamura etc). I loved hearing Yumi-sensei - hilarious!! - and of course, Thoma from Fantastic Children!! Yikes. The show might have been melodramatic in the later episodes but she could carry the show by herself, if you ask me. It's really quite fantastic how she can do a convincingly low voice, too.

Also, I am a fan of Takehito Koyasu... admittedly he isn't always the best but damn, his voice is sexy. Really. And he does have some good roles, actually. Lion-san!

I also like Kenichi Suzumura, even though his angstiness isn't as unique and IMO likeable as Jun Fukuyama's, he still does very dynamic voiceacting and his cool-and-composed (by local terms I mean "dao") roles are really chilling! Case in point: Shin (Macross Zero) and Ayumu (Spiral). I was totally shocked by his role as Rakushun in Twelve Kingdoms, it sounds NOTHING like his usual roles!!!! Seriously, it'll make your jaw drop. But it was very, very good. And I like his psycho-manic Atori in Noein. I do have a soft spot for well-done maniacs.

Needless to say I am generally impressed by the voice acting in Noein (are you sick of hearing me say this already? ), but I'll say the most surprisingly good one, more than the already surprisingly good acting of Haruka Kudou and Saeko Chiba, is Ryouko Shiraishi. I love her serious, toned-down voice of Tobi - I can feel the character's hesitation and lack of self-confidence, as well as his/her happier moments and definitely the serious moments. (I still am convinced Tobi is both/neither female or male...) It sounds very unlike her usual roles, and I like it very much!

Of course there are many other great seiyuu (like Tomoko Kawakami) and so on but I'm too lazy to list all of them out. These are just some who had a bit of an extra impact on me. I'm sure I've missed out some though.
Old 2006-02-25, 08:51   Link #44
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
As a cast, I'm really impressed with the seiyuu for Prince of Tennis. There hardly is a weak link, which is amazing considering the amount of characders.

Favourites of mine include Morikubo Shoutarou, Suwabe Junichi, Kusuda Toshiyuki, Ishida Akira, Naru Kawamoto, Junko Minagawa, Takahashi Hiroki, Suzuki Chihiro, Moriyama Eiji

As for English actors, I like Chris Patton and Greg Ayres
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 12:36   Link #45
Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
Leaving Animesuki

Send a message via AIM to Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Nasu
As a cast, I'm really impressed with the seiyuu for Prince of Tennis. There hardly is a weak link, which is amazing considering the amount of characders.

Favourites of mine include Morikubo Shoutarou, Suwabe Junichi, Kusuda Toshiyuki, Ishida Akira, Naru Kawamoto, Junko Minagawa, Takahashi Hiroki, Suzuki Chihiro, Moriyama Eiji

As for English actors, I like Chris Patton and Greg Ayres

I agree with you with the english voice actors you mentioned Chris Patton and Greg Ayres are like the best english voice acters out there. I share the same birthday as Chris Patton and i know both of their email adresses
Old 2006-04-15, 05:11   Link #46
Siegel Clyne

Exceptional Voice Acting Performances Which Make Unexpected Characters Stand Out

Anime On DVD Community Forums: Exceptional Voice Acting Performances Which Make Unexpected Characters Stand Out

Quote:
To start things off...

Many Japanese and foreign viewers single out Tanaka Rie's "magnificent acting" ("kareina engi") in My-Otome.

Even members of the creative staff for My-Otome have chimed in, including series writer Yoshino Hiroyuki and, especially, director Obara Masakazu. Obara cites Tanaka Rie's "extraordinary performance" in episode 22.

Lacus Goes Ballistic

Quote:
ArseneLupinIII said:
Tanaka [Rie] plays Tomoe Marguerite, Fia Gros, and at least one background character in My-Otome.

Mai-OtoHiME ~Maisutaa Otome he no Shiren sono 241~
<archived 2ch thread>

199 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/03/31(Kin) 02:39:27 ID:NaWASb0X
Shoujiki, Tomoe no ikareppori dake de manpuku datta.
Tanaka Rie GJ!!
---
My-Otome ~The 241st Trial to be a Meister Otome~

199 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind @ The Real Condition with the Live Board] : 2006/03/31 (Friday) 02:39:27 ID:NaWASb0X
To be honest, I was only satisfied with the raging Tomoe.
Good job, Tanaka Rie!!

Hyousetsu: Mai-Otome Episode 22
Warning: Link Contains Many Spoilers!

Quote:
Dav said:
I know I may sound biased but I think Tanaka Rie was absolutely AWESOME in this episode. Her voice acting talent is unquestionably one of the best in the current industry and she knows how to make fans acknowledge that. The way she effortlessly varied her tone from that of sweet politeness to pure malicious lunacy, with the latter clearly being reminiscent of Suigintou's old glory days was brilliant, an impressive feat expected from an A-list seiyuu no doubt. I had fun listening to her act as Fia as well but I'd definitely pick Tomoe any day considering how
Spoiler:
the younger girl is. I just love watching
Spoiler:
[Mai-OtoHiME] Tomoe Maruguritto wa Dokuzen Hitaishou Yumetsuijin Kawaii 11

44 : [Nanashisan @ Oharaippai.] : 2006/04/07(Kin) 17:45:30 ID:A8VRwiyU
Anime Paafekuto Gaido no Tomoebun wa dono teido deshouka?

48 : [Nanashisan @ Oharaippai.] : 2006/04/07(Kin) 18:31:36 ID:y8qFc0Ej
Tomoesama no Kyarapeeji yori Yoshino no Komento wo In'you

Ichiban yosougai ni sodatte shimatta kyara desu.
Saisho wa, tannaru ijimeyaku toiu dake de,
Gakuenhen ga owattara kieru hazu dattan desuga, nanto sonogo no daikatsuyaku.
Kokomade sutoreeto ni kuroi kyara mo mezurashii node, kaitete totemo tanoshikatta desu (wara)

55 : [Nanashisan @ Oharaippai.] : 2006/04/07(Kin) 20:40:26 ID:ANzQkwNS
22wa no Kantoku no Komento

Tanaka Riesan no kaien ... motto hayaku kore ga wakatte ireba kyaradate suru houhou wa iroiroatta noni ...

Kantoku wa kore ijou nani wo yaraseruttenda
---
[My-Otome] Tomoe Marguerite is a Self-Important, Lopsided, Dream Chasing Cutie 11

44 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless @ Full Stomach.] : 2006/04/07 (Friday) 17:45:30 ID:A8VRwiyU
To what extent is the segment on Tomoe in the Anime Perfect Guide?

48 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless @ Full Stomach.] : 2006/04/07 (Friday) 18:31:36 ID:y8qFc0Ej
Quoting Yoshino's Comment from Tomoe's Character Page

Tomoe is a character who has grown up most unexpectedly.
At first, only a mere
Spoiler:

I was very happy to write because a
Spoiler:
(laughs).

55 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless @ Full Stomach.] : 2006/04/07 (Friday) 20:40:26 ID:ANzQkwNS
Director's Comment on Episode 22

Tanaka Rie's extraordinary performance ... if I had realized this earlier, that there were various ways to do the character ...

What more can a director let her do?

And much, much more...

Anime On DVD Community Forums: Re: Exceptional Voice Acting Performances Which Make Unexpected Characters Stand Out

Quote:
At 2ch, Japanese fans on this soon to be archived My-Otome thread (posts #625 - #695) came up with an alternate My-Otome (2005-) cast composed of voice actors mainly from the 1990s.

Arika : Sakurai Tomo
Nina : Miyamura Yuuko
Mashiro : Nogami Yukana (Yukana; same person)
Erstin : Shiratori Yuri
Chie : Ogata Megumi
Shiho : Oono Marina
Nao : Minami Omi
Natsuki : Tamagawa Sakiko
Shizuru : Amano Yuri
Haruka : Hisakawa Aya
Yukino : Minaguchi Yuuko
Sergay : Ishikawa Hideo
Mai : Hanba Tomoe
Mikoto : Yokoyama Chisa
Miyu : Neya Michiko
Akira : Orikasa Ai
Aoi : Natsuki Rio
Maya : Kobayashi Yuuko
Sara : Hikami Kyouko
Laura : Touma Yumi
Rena : Yamamoto Yuriko

Voice actors for Maria, Akane, Nagi, and Rad remain the same as in the real cast.

Mai-OtoHiME ~Maisutaa Otome he no Shiren sono 245~
<archived 2ch thread>

101 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/03/31(Kin) 13:31:15 ID:S0QnVO1i
Tomoe tte zettaini Tanaka ja nakereba dekinai yaku da yo na
---
My-Otome ~The 245th Trial to be a Meister Otome~

101 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind @ The Real Condition with the Live Board] : 2006/03/31 (Friday) 13:31:15 ID:S0QnVO1i
If it isn't Tanaka [Rie], the role of Tomoe can't be done.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2006-04-19 at 20:13. Reason: Added Alternate Mai-Otome Cast List Made by Japanese Fans at 2ch
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 06:07   Link #47
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz
Oh yeah, Gotou Yuuko is pretty good too
*Squeak*

Sometimes I think her show should be called Mikuru Asahina no Yuutsu.

I can't because Haruhi is God/Win and Aya Hirano showing 10 levels of awesome by switching between dead serious and hyperkinetic psychosis >_<.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 06:13   Link #48
Copy Ninja Kakashi

Ishida Akira -> Atrhun Zala (GS) , Nagi (My Hime Mai Otome) , Hakkai (Saiyuki) and lot and lots of more shows.

Seki Toshihiko -> Raww Le Klueze (GS), Sanzo (Saiyuki) Iruka (Naruto)

Seki Tomokazu -> Sagara Sosuke (FMP!), Yzak (GS), Rumina (Tokyo Underground) and a lot of more show , epsacially when his characters get angry his voice changes a lot (much higher)
Copy Ninja Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 09:21   Link #49
ghost89475

Hehe. I love Shindou Naomi's personation of Cagalli and Shizuru in GS/D and Mai Hime/Otome respectively.
You won't know they're done by the same person even if you tried to strain your ears.
ghost89475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 02:39   Link #50
Fel
Clean up princess

Steven Jay Blum for making everything he does cool.
Wendee Lee for turning Faye Valentine into a total babe.
Whoever did Pierrot la Fou for giving him a respectable voice.

Everyone from FLCL for doing a great job.
Sesshomaru's guy for kicking some serious butt, Batou's Japanese guy for having the deepest voice I've ever heard, Batou's English guy for giving it his all, Crispin Freeman for a great job on Togusa.

And of course Johnny Yong Bosch for giving the Humanoid Typhoon the best voice of ANY character in any show ever.
Old 2006-12-31, 04:58   Link #51
noname3

Kokoro's voice in Aishiteruzu baby?

ok, somehow i find her voice very sexy. or maybe it was just how they drew the anime that matched perfectly with the sexy voice. or whatever.

So i was wondering, is there a way to find out who's voice does that belong to? Cause i want to hear more of that voice. Kokoro's character doesn't speak much, so i just want to get more of it lol.

like, can we find out which company did the anime and each character's voice?
noname3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 05:12   Link #52
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer

Kokoro's voice is one of my favourites as well, as long with the character.
The voice belongs to Hara Fumina. Idol, actress, singer. But as far as I know, she hasn't dubbed any other anime character besides Kokoro.

I may be wrong (hope so), but the fact the she doesn't even have an entry as seiyuu on AnimeNewsNetwork, is quite of a proof.

Anyway, here's the cast for Aishiteruze Baby, always taken from ANN.
I remember that most of them were debutants or semi-debutants, and as a matter of facts it's hard to find one of them in a different anime nowadays.

You'll find infos about the companies who made this anime, in that same ANN page.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-12-31 at 07:38.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 06:41   Link #53
noname3

can't believe i didn't see this thread. didn't look hard enough i guess. anyways, thanks person above.
noname3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 22:00   Link #54
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author

Im actually getting to the point in anime were I will chk out a series just based on if a fav seiyuu of mine is in it

Current favs
Mamoru Miyano - my darling Tamaki in Ouran and Light in Death Note. I just love his voice. I thought he so perfect for Tamaki that when I saw he was gonna be in DN I almost didnt know how he was gonna make Light sound but he's perfect in that too.

Jun Fukuyama - Lelouch from Geass, Watanuki from Holic, Zelman from BBB, Kuono from Prin2, I could go on and on. Its to the point where I can almost pick his voice out but yet I dont think Watanuki and Lulu sound the same at all. I just love his voice and how he animates characters with it. Espc Watanuki

Kenichi Suzumura - Hikaru from Ouran, Yuichi from Hanbun and Lavi from D.Gray. A newer add to my list. I like how he makes Lavi sound.

Megumi Ogata - Sanada Yukimaru from SDK and Sakon from Ayatsuri Sakon. Another add to my recent favs. I cant think of anyone better to play either character.

Last but certainly in no way least

Romi Paku - Ed from FMA, Hitsugaya from Bleach, Yuujiro from Prin2. This was the first seiyuu I truly loved. Everything about her voice is awesome. I think she plays male characters so well. I joked with my friend that Id never heard her voice a female character (course I didnt realize til later she was Temari in Naruto) I watched Princess Princess for her and Jun alone.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2007-01-10 at 15:12.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 22:14   Link #55
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Shinichiro Miki ( 三木 眞一郎 ) and Hirata Hiroaki ( 平田 広明 ) are my fave Seiyus they have distict voices Hirata will be always remembered for his potrayal of Gojyo . While Miki Dazzles in wide variety of roles as Kurz , Bob and Urahara .
Old 2006-12-31, 22:15   Link #56
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
As noted elsewhere in this thread: #1 Tanaka Rie. No explanation needed.

Koyasu Takehito: Il Palazzo from Excel Saga, Takahashi Ryousuke from Initial D, more recently Herve in Red Garden, among countless others. His voice is instantly recognizable even to ignorant people like me.

American VAs.

Richard Epcar: Batou from GitS:SAC, Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo, Ziggurat 8 from the Xenosaga game series. His acting always sounds so natural... I love it.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn: Kusanagi from GitS:SAC, Helba from the .hack games, etc... Her voice is always strong and confident, befitting of the characters she plays. Plus her voice is one of a very few women's voices in R1 dubs that I can stand without developing a splitting headache.

Overall, I salute all voice actors. I'd love to try it, but I mumble too much.
Old 2007-01-01, 09:15   Link #57
Trail

Vash from Trigun... awesome voice.
Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 17:41   Link #58
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I thought this was really sweet. Two of my favourite seiyuus Yuko Sanpei and Ami Koshimizu were married on Jan 13th, they're childhood sweethearts and finally tied the knot.

You can see some photos of the ceremony here. You can see Kaori Nazuka in one of the shots. They were all in Eureka 7 together and are best friends.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 22:43   Link #59
sei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
I thought this was really sweet. Two of my favourite seiyuus Yuko Sanpei and Ami Koshimizu were married on Jan 13th, they're childhood sweethearts and finally tied the knot.

You can see some photos of the ceremony here. You can see Kaori Nazuka in one of the shots. They were all in Eureka 7 together and are best friends.
~How sweet..~ Congratulations. At first read, I was quite shocked about this as Ami didn't strike me as someone who gets married so early(She's in early 20's).
sei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 05:00   Link #60
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Both of them are in their early 20s. Their b'days are on the same month actually.
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
industry, seiyu