AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-09, 14:45   Link #3701
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I'm playing this h-game I downloaded
I finished the 1st playthrough fine

then when I go to my 2nd playthrough, after some scene
there was this message popping up: "Cannot go back to this sub-scene"
screen goes black and I can't continue anymore

any answers to this problem?
Well, what game is it? A name would help us to help you.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 15:25   Link #3702
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
As of 5 minutes just now I pieced together an End World Theory of Events (as supported by Web Bot) :

The end of the world is slated to be in 2012. Due to a certain chronological fault in multiple types of time measurement over the past millennium (Gregorian and Julian Calendars), our current state of time should be 2007. If there is no fault in the time, it should happen like this -

- According to the Elliot Wave Principle of the Grand Supercycle and the predicted 21/10/2012, the supposed collapse of civilisation, could be triggered by the devaluation of the USD, which is previously weakened by the subprime crisis. Since the crisis has now shifted to Euro, the liquidity of the forex market, a large dent in the Euro can demotivate the USD, leading to a dual-line sellout in both currencies.

- As USD is the most heavily traded currency in the world, it directly influences the entire world economy, as shown in the 2008 financial meltdown that made many people at Wall Street resort to trading ice-cream sticks for a living (pun unintended).

- This could lead to the great deflation due to the large amount of money in the market (resulting in the devaluation of goods). The market automatically adjusts with the reference to the amount of currency in the market, resulting in a hyperinflation.

- Since a currency doesn't become worthless instantly, it will take a period of shrink time like a supernova before becoming small. Probably around 5 years to 7 years since USD is a "standard" credit around the world which many things are valuated against.

- The rest you know - market panic -> consumer (practically the entire world population) panic -> civil unrest -> blah blah blah.

So in Web Bot terms, the end of the world will be caused by our own irrationality and stupidity, not the banks or financial systems or buyouts or anything.

All of the above came from market data. Any disputes other than -

1. Irrelevance of historical market data on world economy.
2. Illogical assumptions of using Fibonacci numbers as limits.
3. Lack of real qualifications to make such judgments?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-05-09 at 15:40.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 16:45   Link #3703
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
As of 5 minutes...[won't repost long text]
Human's downfall will be caused by humans, no?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 10:10   Link #3704
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a room as blue as the sky, as cool as the autumn wind and as quiet as the desert
Send a message via MSN to Chimuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Human's downfall will be caused by humans, no?
most probably, yes.
__________________
Chimuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 11:04   Link #3705
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
^ I would rather say you are overanalyzing your own persona, despite there is no real cookie cutter way to describe someone or put them in a specific category.
Seriously, there is no fine line between normal and abnormal regarding people's behavior and aspiration. It is basically a matter of context, and for that point, you better not focus yourself on definitions and the so called "social classification".
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 11:13   Link #3706
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
You're not just an 'evolution,' or a 'defect,' that isn't how biology works. You vary from the population, but the way in which you vary is far too subtle to definitely be called a defect or an advantage. Don't worry about it and just live your life in ways you find meaningful (so long as you don't impede on others).

Also, some financial collapse doesn't spell the end of humanity, considering we didn't evolve to live in this odd world we've created for ourselves in the first place.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 11:35   Link #3707
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Categorizations of mental state are not binary. Most brains exhibit characteristics from several overlapping brain state definitions. In other words, Patient A exhibits enough characteristics to be identified as Ausbergers.. but may also have attributes associated with ADD (hyperactive or passive)... and maybe trend towards OCD behavior.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the current state of brain function diagnosis is such that a person doesn't "have" a dysfunction, disease, characteristic personality -- they simply have symptoms and behaviors that are associated with those descriptive archetypes. Most people's mental status cannot be described with a simple single label -- only the armchair parlor amateurs try that.

That's why many medical reports will say things like "demonstrates symptoms consistent with the model for ADD-passive with abusive self-treatment patterns" instead of "he's ADD-passive and drinks too much".
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 13:01   Link #3708
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's why many medical reports will say things like "demonstrates symptoms consistent with the model for ADD-passive with abusive self-treatment patterns" instead of "he's ADD-passive and drinks too much".
Yeah, and it comes with "Recommended treatment of Ritalin and therapeutic counselling for sociophobic behaviour" when it actually means "Required him to take pills that cause enough headache to keep him out of trouble and brainwashing him to be more socially dependent".

I survived a year of that before they gave up. Apparently the pills they gave me fuelled excessively aggressive behaviour towards my counsellor as I had problems thinking of how to flaw my counsellor's words (apparently those stuff inhibit active critical and lateral thinking ability), so it's some sort like a blessing in disguise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Moderator Klashikari, I'm afraid that's difficult to do. I've lived my entire life around people that have placed themselves in a social classification, so I unfortunately learned to do this.

Though thank you, I think I get the purpose of what you all are saying. Though it still bothers me, since I try to learn more about myself, and since me is in essence autistic, I feel like I am obligated to know how I react, why I react to things, and what I can and can't do.

Still, thanks. It helped ♪
Not to be offensive to those religiously inclined here, but I once said this to a friend who would pray to that guy up there (he's a devout Christian) to seek peace from the insulting words of the people around him :

You know, your God gave you a brain, a mouth and the middle finger for a reason. Use them dumbass.

He used them after hearing what I said, other than the middle finger. Dammit.

Seriously, you can feel inferior about yourself, however you'll become the trash you think you are if you just sit there and gripe. Get up and do something, you won't know if you can do it unless you've tried.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-05-13 at 13:16.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 14:40   Link #3709
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Which is why I feel bad about it, because I preach about doing the exact opposite. Well... I guess everyone has to be weighed down by something. Mine might as well be something I can't help.

Thanks, but I get the picture now. As Descartes said, "I think, therefore I am."... Should be less worried about the minds of others, and more about mine. I'm existent, this is proof enough. Wow, that sounded really.. Emo. anyways, thanks? =3
Prepare for a boring lecture. I hate giving these, but when it lands between the gray area of practicality and philosophy, there's ALOT to explain.

You know, what Descartes ACTUALLY meant is that doubt shouldn't stem from something inferred. When it first appeared as Cogito Ergo Sum in Discourse on the Method (which is simply finding a way on how to think logically according to "common sense"), he is to imply that of sureness through concrete evidence to substantiate for conviction, rather than inference. In the Scientific Method, the outline is as followed :

1. Accept only what you are sure of.
2. Divide into as small parts as necessary.
3. Solve the simplest problems first.
4. Make as complete lists as possible.

In your aspect, the first and the fourth tenets are breached because :

In 1,
- You accepted inferences. Like in this case, you just took your own interpretation of that quote for granted.
- Inferences do not count as conviction through evidence. If others quote that to you by citing an archived example, it's a "fact".
- "Facts" are in fact derived from popular opinion argued for by the majority, and therefore are only temporarily accounted for rather than "truth".

In sciences and mathematics, there's something called "error carried forward". Subsequently, combined with your breaking of the fourth tenet,

- Your list is incomplete because you didn't solve all the problems
- Some of the problems are unsolvable at your stage due to the breaking of the first tenet
- You closed a blind eye to the smaller but more difficult problems

and like going down the rows of the Pascal's Triangle, it multiplies itself until your emotions step in to protect your personal confidence.

The essence of the "I", as he wrote, does not distinguish between the mind, body and soul, which he considers the epitome of rational thinking. There have been many guesses to what he actually meant, and I personally think that what he was directing at is the wholeness of the human itself that results in his/her own rationality, being which

1. Analyse with your mind (the Basic - something to start with)
2. Work with your body (the Requirement - a way to get it done)
3. Fuel your desire to know and understand with your soul (the Fuel - the passion to keep it going)

hence the single French term "ames" to be used for all, as one couldn't possibly complete the entire process of "rational thinking" by itself. Each of them complete each other, so as long as you don't upkeep any of them, you would be the village idiot for the rest of your life (which you are right now with that train of thought).
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 12:15   Link #3710
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Is there anywhere where I can find the mission statement of Animesuki and the Animesuki discussion board?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 13:23   Link #3711
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Is there anywhere where I can find the mission statement of Animesuki and the Animesuki discussion board?
You mean a place where the purpose and goal of the forum (and site) is stated?

Don't know if this would actually help, but it was the first thing to pop up in my head after reading your question.

http://www.animesuki.com/doc.php/history.html

Doesn't seem to say anything about the forum itself, but it does mention the idea behind the creation of Animesuki and how it came to be.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 13:46   Link #3712
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
A question for the admins here
Why I see only General threads regarding topics in the Off Topic forum but no personal threads regarding people lives etc. it feels a bit evil, is there an option to freely open a thread ranting about something or just being happy with something you got? These threads go down anyway after a few days...
__________________
Agito Akiyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 13:53   Link #3713
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Why are poeple posting questions that really belong in the Forum & Site Feedback forum in the Silly question thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
A question for the admins here
Why I see only General threads regarding topics in the Off Topic forum but no personal threads regarding people lives etc. it feels a bit evil, is there an option to freely open a thread ranting about something or just being happy with something you got? These threads go down anyway after a few days...
We do not have an Off Topic forum.

We are not a "personal" forum as such, we prefer general discussion topics to be created. We don't allow "rant" threads and we don't really allow "personal" threads either.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 14:08   Link #3714
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Israel
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Why are poeple posting questions that really belong in the Forum & Site Feedback forum in the Silly question thread?

We do not have an Off Topic forum.

We are not a "personal" forum as such, we prefer general discussion topics to be created. We don't allow "rant" threads and we don't really allow "personal" threads either.
General Chat is kinda off topic, after all it's not talking about Anime and such, and I asked this here because it's just a small question... BTW, it's really "personal" stuff, but more like threads about different interesting stuff, it seems the General Chat forum is too strict, IMO.
__________________
Agito Akiyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 14:28   Link #3715
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
A question for the admins here
Why I see only General threads regarding topics in the Off Topic forum but no personal threads regarding people lives etc. it feels a bit evil, is there an option to freely open a thread ranting about something or just being happy with something you got? These threads go down anyway after a few days...
Well, you could always use your profile to rant about this and that. Starting a social group could also work, although you'll still need to define what the group would be about to other members.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 20:55   Link #3716
Kudryavka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
General Chat is kinda off topic, after all it's not talking about Anime and such, and I asked this here because it's just a small question... BTW, it's really "personal" stuff, but more like threads about different interesting stuff, it seems the General Chat forum is too strict, IMO.
I understand what you're saying, but AnimeSuki really isn't the place for rants, mainly because they always turn into something nasty, like flame wars or "No, you're wrong" hotspots. If you can find a way to intelligently introduce whatever topic you want to get off of your chest, and then encourage friendly discussion or solutions, then that'll prob survive here on AS.

Then there's always 4chan, no one seems to care what goes on there...
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 02:40   Link #3717
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Is it just me or is Google really down!?

Are we all going to die?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 02:50   Link #3718
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Is it just me or is Google really down!?

Are we all going to die?
Working for me, so their Canadian site seems to be up at least.
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 02:58   Link #3719
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
^Yup, now it works again. Was I hallucinating or was it really down for a while there? Oh well.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 06:42   Link #3720
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Is it just me or is Google really down!?

Are we all going to die?
Ironically I was reading an article on Cracked about Google.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.