AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-05-22, 20:31   Link #1561
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I am trying to start a campaign for under appreciated animes using sigs and I was wondering, is it ok to make a thread in general anime section to inform other members?
Old 2008-05-23, 02:41   Link #1562
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I am trying to start a campaign for under appreciated animes using sigs and I was wondering, is it ok to make a thread in general anime section to inform other members?
You already have a thread located in the Fan Creations forum and that would seem the best location for it since you are looking for people who create sigs. Or are you saying that you don't want to reach out to just the artists, that you want to bring under appreciated anime to the masses.

I would suggest you PM one of the Mods who deals with the Fan Creations forum (since you are going to need the help of artists) and explain to them just what it is you want to achieve.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 19:03   Link #1563
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I have a question. Where go ya guys/gals leave your forks and spoons?

I leave mine simply on the rack with the dishes and I was wondering (while dipping the spoon in my Trix Yougrt) how sanitary it was.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 19:55   Link #1564
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I have a question. Where go ya guys/gals leave your forks and spoons?

I leave mine simply on the rack with the dishes and I was wondering (while dipping the spoon in my Trix Yougrt) how sanitary it was.
I used to leave it on the drying rack and then place it into a drawer with the usual forks/knives/spoons slotted holder once they're dried (I have no idea what these things are called normally). These days, I've taken after my girlfriend and leave them out in the drying rack, as they're frequently in use before they're even finished drying.

I never thought about it, but my girlfriend has a preference with regard to the orientation of the silverware on the drying rack. This assumes that your drying rack has a compartment of sorts where your silverware will be standing vertically. I'd always had it such that the handles of the silverware were pointed up. My reasoning was that people were less likely to stab themselves while reaching for silverware from the drying rack. On a second thought, it's also more sanitary in that people are less likely to rub their potentially dirty hands against the heads of other silverware.

However, my girlfriend was horrified at the orientation of my silverware. Her reasoning? She pointed at the bottom of the drying container and drew my attention to the fact that a thin mold-like coating had developed along the bottom of our rack. Given that it receives moisture regularly it certainly could be mold. Even though we wash the bottoms of the drying rack every so often (but apparently not often enough), dust and potentially mold gathers at the bottom. My girlfriend's a bit of a germophobe, so having that grimey surface touch something that touches your food was a no-no.

This is a very unscientific study, but comparing my health now (following her method of the dishes) to how I used to do it, I haven't noticed a difference I'll probably continue to follow her way unless I find myself living with someone who rarely washes his or her hands and is a bit clumsy when getting silverware out.
Old 2008-05-25, 00:41   Link #1565
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
In my house we leave forks pointing upward and knifes pointing downward. I've never really thought about the reasoning but it has always stuck with me.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 01:10   Link #1566
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
In my house we leave forks pointing upward and knifes pointing downward. I've never really thought about the reasoning but it has always stuck with me.
That's perfectly sensible. I mean, it could be quite dangerous to have them oriented in the same position. What if they mated? The sharpness of a knife combined with the aggression of a fork could be life-threatening.
Old 2008-05-25, 01:18   Link #1567
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
That's perfectly sensible. I mean, it could be quite dangerous to have them oriented in the same position. What if they mated? The sharpness of a knife combined with the aggression of a fork could be life-threatening.
I would assume these are like butter knives and not those other ones correct?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 01:19   Link #1568
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
What if they mated? The sharpness of a knife combined with the aggression of a fork could be life-threatening.
Even worse, imagine if they were to mate with a spoon!

Now that I think about it, I believe I've worked out why we leave them like that. You see, you have to have a way of differentiating forks from knifes, so you can't leave them all pointing downwards, but leaving knifes pointing upwards is more dangerous since you can accidentally cut yourself. So, it makes sense to leave forks pointing upwards (since we have the thingie with the silverware at an elevated position, stabbing yourself via a downwards movement is not very feasible) and knives pointing downwards in order to know which is which.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2008-05-25, 06:07   Link #1569
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Whats the use of the tags column just above the quick reply box in every thread?

ooo.. 2 tags per user... visible to all .. searchable ..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 06:20   Link #1570
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-san View Post
On top of that why did you guys decide to add visitor messages and other little gizmos to user profiles?
It defaults to being enabled. It may be removed later if it proves to have a negative impact on the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Whats the use of the tags column just above the quick reply box in every thread?
They provide an alternative way of indexing and searching the forums threads...

Silly as some of the questions may end up being, please keep all further question on the subject of the new forum features to the "Forum Upgrade - Version 3.7.0" thread.
Old 2008-05-25, 14:45   Link #1571
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
You already have a thread located in the Fan Creations forum and that would seem the best location for it since you are looking for people who create sigs. Or are you saying that you don't want to reach out to just the artists, that you want to bring under appreciated anime to the masses.

I would suggest you PM one of the Mods who deals with the Fan Creations forum (since you are going to need the help of artists) and explain to them just what it is you want to achieve.
Alright thanks . So I should ask Klashikari or White Manju Bun?
Old 2008-05-25, 14:54   Link #1572
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Alright thanks . So I should ask Klashikari or White Manju Bun?
Yes I'm sure you know better than I which Moderator is more active in the Fan Creations forum (or in other words, I don't know). Don't forget NightWish as an option
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 04:34   Link #1573
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it has happened. There has already been an interesting study on cutlery interbreeding here.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 15:53   Link #1574
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

._. why can i only see my last 500 posts ....is there anyway i could see more of my posts
And how points is one rep
Old 2008-05-26, 16:04   Link #1575
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
From the Reputation FAQ, one block is 100 points. When you get to seven or eight blocks it takes a lot more points to gain another block. NSW did an experiment on this a while back, I forgot what the numbers were... but by that point, you probably won't care
Old 2008-05-26, 16:34   Link #1576
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
._. why can i only see my last 500 posts ....is there anyway i could see more of my posts

Using the search option you wont see more than 500 post, in the case of using the option of showing the member post, it only brings you the last 500 post of this poster (I guess this has to do with not overloading the search engine).

What you can do is use the advanced search option, and change the criteria, for example: I wanted to see your post from 6 months ago and older, so I just indicated your name in the User Name Text box, and then changed the sort that said “find post from” to 6 month before and older , and I found your last 500 posts from 6 months ago.

But, because the search is only going to bring 500 post regardless, well, you would need to do what I do, I just go to a thread were there is an indication I posted (the ones with the Black dot on the middle) I click on the number of post made on that thread, when you find your name, you just click on the number of post made and you are going to find a summary of all the post you have made for that thread.

I think that’s the closest you can get of finding post without using a key word in the search option.
Old 2008-05-26, 16:41   Link #1577
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
What you can do is use the advanced search option, and change the criteria, for example: I wanted to see your post from 6 months ago and older, so I just indicated your name in the User Name Text box, and then changed the sort that said “find post from” to 6 month before and older , and I found your last 500 post from 6 months ago.
You reminded me that there is actually a way to view your "first" posts. In the advanced search area use the "Search by user name" (upper right) and enter your alias. Under the search options (lower left) change "Sort results by" so that it's "Last Posting Date" and "in Ascending order" (note that "last posting date" is the default, but the sort order is "in Descending order"). This will show you up through your first 500 posts, I presume.
Old 2008-05-26, 16:57   Link #1578
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

ok thanks for your help Rurik and Ledgem
Old 2008-05-29, 03:54   Link #1579
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Remind me to never do that again... I can't believe the sort of stupid things I posted here when I was younger >_>

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2008-05-29, 04:10   Link #1580
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Your joke reminded me of this comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Remind me to never do that again... I can't believe the sort of stupid things I posted here when I was younger >_>
Ditto. Some of my early posts in the Mai Hime forums were a bit verbose.

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious