AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-30, 10:16   Link #1801
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Current PC cant even handle PS2 emulator
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 11:21   Link #1802
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eden Hall
What's up with the different user tags?

・ Graphic Designer
・ IT Support
・ Artist
・ Fansubber (though that's self-explanatory, same with Site Staff and Moderator)
・ Author

How and when do you get them? No, i'm not asking for one. ^^
Couldn't find an explanation for that.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 11:24   Link #1803
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
How and when do you get them?
Join one of the groups. They are literally just, as you say, "tags" with no other meaning, privilege, or requirement for use. For example, those who join the "Author" group, considers themselves to be authors.
__________________
Lay down on the ground, and let the tears run from you, crying to the grass and trees and heaven, finally on your knees; Let me live again…
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 11:52   Link #1804
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
What's up with the different user tags?
Have a read of the thread located in the Forum & Site Feedback forum, New "Public Groups" on AnimeSuki?.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 10:39   Link #1805
Patrunjelu
Oh, Hay!
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to Patrunjelu
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Join one of the groups. They are literally just, as you say, "tags" with no other meaning, privilege, or requirement for use. For example, those who join the "Author" group, considers themselves to be authors.
Is that so? well then Ill join IT support (can't find any other usergroup more related to what I do... :\)
Patrunjelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 18:26   Link #1806
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
You are not forced to join any social group
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 18:31   Link #1807
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Or you join a group that doesen't fit yourself, like KiNA did

Hahaha, sry I could not hold myself back
__________________
Thanks to The Chaos
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 01:08   Link #1808
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Unnecessary
Age: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Or you join a group that doesen't fit yourself, like KiNA did

Hahaha, sry I could not hold myself back
I personally think KiNa is a great graphic designer, even though he makes lots of animated ones ^^
__________________

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 03:31   Link #1809
Patrunjelu
Oh, Hay!
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to Patrunjelu
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Or you join a group that doesen't fit yourself, like KiNA did

Hahaha, sry I could not hold myself back
We could always suppose that IT support doesn't fit me

Last edited by Patrunjelu; 2008-08-03 at 11:49.
Patrunjelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 13:48   Link #1810
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Unnecessary
Age: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrunjelu View Post
We could always suppose that IT support doesn't fit me
The titles has always been a vague and partially unexplained section of animesuki and it encompass more than just "I know IT".
__________________

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 15:26   Link #1811
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
The titles has always been a vague and partially unexplained section of animesuki and it encompass more than just "I know IT".
Hahahaha, my mum know IT too "Power Button"
__________________
Thanks to The Chaos
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:14   Link #1812
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
How can I train my lower back?

I ask this because I have a pretty weak lower back--something like, lower back pain in school due to the long duration of sitting...
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 23:23   Link #1813
Claude
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
How can I train my lower back?

I ask this because I have a pretty weak lower back--something like, lower back pain in school due to the long duration of sitting...
That's a silly question, but I'll feel free to answer and revel in your silliness with you.

This question caught my eye because my older brother has been having back pains bad enough to go to a doctor on a daily basis. From what he got back, he was told to do a lot of exercises that just looked plain weird to me. This website seems to have some of the exercises he were told to do though... You don't need anything but a good floor.

http://www.wikihow.com/Strengthen-Yo...k-With-Pilates
(I like the cat stretch.)

At the same time, I'm not too sure if asking a health related topic on this board is very safe so please be careful when doing anything... Oh, and always keep good posture.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:03   Link #1814
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
That's a silly question, but I'll feel free to answer and revel in your silliness with you.

This question caught my eye because my older brother has been having back pains bad enough to go to a doctor on a daily basis. From what he got back, he was told to do a lot of exercises that just looked plain weird to me. This website seems to have some of the exercises he were told to do though... You don't need anything but a good floor.

http://www.wikihow.com/Strengthen-Yo...k-With-Pilates
(I like the cat stretch.)
Thank you for the link. And good luck to your brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
At the same time, I'm not too sure if asking a health related topic on this board is very safe so please be careful when doing anything...
How so? Or are there some kind of animes out there that tell you to strengthen your back muscle by hanging your self upside down on a tree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
Oh, and always keep good posture.
Like a military personnel?
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 07:34   Link #1815
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
There is an anime I don't want to miss starting next episode (I highly regret not realizing that it was still airing, god damn me).

Quote:
日曜 12時30分 - 13時00分
金曜 23時30分 - 24時00分
Assuming I live in central time (US), what would the times above convert to? I know that the first time becomes near midnight in the US, and the second time is around noon. But to be safe, I'd like a more exact time...

One more, but if it aired at 4/27, it should be at episode 16, correct?
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 08:30   Link #1816
Jiyuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rehovot,Israel
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
i'd suggest you simply use mahou's table
http://www.mahou.org/Showtime?o=ET
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 16:55   Link #1817
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Unsure if this is right thread for this but seemed like the best choice. In a lot of manga, anime's, still pics you see lots of mainly female chars with cat ears and tails or dog. wolf, fox aka Horo from Spice and Wolf what is the proper term for characters like this?
__________________
.
Frozen_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 16:59   Link #1818
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Angel View Post
Unsure if this is right thread for this but seemed like the best choice. In a lot of manga, anime's, still pics you see lots of mainly female chars with cat ears and tails or dog. wolf, fox aka Horo from Spice and Wolf what is the proper term for characters like this?
Awww, I still remember this from a discussion a while back.

The term for characters like those you describe is Kemonomimi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemonomimi
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 18:14   Link #1819
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanks a lot there Daniel, 1 more quick question if catgirl translates to nekomimi and girl love is Yuri how would you translate Catgirllove if it is possible?
Cant really do nekomimi and yuri or u would have girl twice =/
__________________
.
Frozen_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 19:58   Link #1820
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Angel View Post
Thanks a lot there Daniel, 1 more quick question if catgirl translates to nekomimi and girl love is Yuri how would you translate Catgirllove if it is possible?
Cant really do nekomimi and yuri or u would have girl twice =/
Nekomimi technically translates just to "cat ears" (neko = cat, mimi in this case = ears). I'm not overly familiar with the terminology regarding animal people so it's possible that "nekomimi" is used as a sort of slang to denote cat people.

If I had to guess at a translation for you, I'd go with 猫少女愛 (neko shoujo ai; literally "cat girl love"). It may not carry the meaning that you're intending, though.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.