AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-12, 00:32   Link #261
Leebot
Cognivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
Is there any fighting in Destiny?
In the light novel, there certainly is. Can't say about the other materials, though.
Old 2008-03-12, 01:02   Link #262
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Be careful! I do believe what you just did is against the rules.
What!? what did i just do i mean i just like to make a request. Anyway my message has been deleted so i don't want to get a warning by those mods again.

I'm sorry that what did just done earlier.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-03-12 at 01:15.
Old 2008-03-12, 16:50   Link #263
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebot View Post
In the light novel, there certainly is. Can't say about the other materials, though.
Only light scuffles between Natsuki and Takeda in the Drama CDs.

Slight Yami-Mayo vs Mai, Natsuki & Shion for about five seconds...-_-

I don't know about the most recent Destiny Drama CD though - have yet to get it.
Old 2008-03-12, 21:08   Link #264
EoT
~~

What type of fighting? I have no idea what the world is like. Is it like Hime or Otome? where they have childs..?
Old 2008-03-12, 21:09   Link #265
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoT View Post
What type of fighting? I have no idea what the world is like. Is it like Hime or Otome? where they have childs..?
It's like X-Men, Fuuka Gakuen is a private academy that teaches students how to use their powers.
Old 2008-03-13, 13:57   Link #266
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

They are all esper, and they gather there to study how to use their powers. The only one we have seen so far with a real weapon is Shizuru, while the other characters showed (Mayo, Tomoe, Nagi, I don't remember who else), just use ESP powers.
Old 2008-03-13, 17:19   Link #267
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
They are all esper, and they gather there to study how to use their powers. The only one we have seen so far with a real weapon is Shizuru, while the other characters showed (Mayo, Tomoe, Nagi, I don't remember who else), just use ESP powers.
That's the main reason I hope an anime version of Destiny never sees the light of day! A bunch of espers is never fun, it's more boring than anything. Shizuru and Mayo seem to be the only ones capable of hand-to-hand combat, but the cover of the new drama CD does show a few characters with weapons.
Old 2008-03-13, 20:48   Link #268
digi.amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Natsuki still has her guns, if that counts for anything, tho she materializes her's while Shizuru's is a real sword.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:33   Link #269
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Natsuki still has her guns, if that counts for anything, tho she materializes her's while Shizuru's is a real sword.
With a change in design. I must say though, I do like the new design.
As for weapons:
Mayo- Most likely the handcuffs.
Shion- A katar
Natsuki- Two revolvers
Shizuru- A katana
Takeda- A bokken or a shinai. Don't quite remember.

Anyone else with Elements or weapons that I forgot?
Old 2008-03-14, 13:23   Link #270
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Send a message via MSN to Icarisain
Quote:
With a change in design. I must say though, I do like the new design.
As for weapons:
Mayo- Most likely the handcuffs.
Shion- A katar
Natsuki- Two revolvers
Shizuru- A katana
Takeda- A bokken or a shinai. Don't quite remember.

Anyone else with Elements or weapons that I forgot?
Takeda had a shinai iirc...too lazy to check. Shizuru's sword isn't actually a "katana" in the true sense of the word (?), it was called a 日本刀 (nihontou, lit. "Japanese sword") in chapter 1. Most folks seem to use "katana" as an umbrella term for all Japanese swords, even Japanese themselves it seems, and although this isn't really incorrect, it is a very general term and does not describe the sword clearly enough. (okay, I'm nitpicking here)

It would be helpful if somebody with more relevant nihontou/katana knowledge could talk more about this. From my layman's point of view, the sword, including the hilt, is roughly 1m long (compared to Shizuru's official height of 162cm) when shown on the cover of Chapter 3...
Old 2008-03-14, 15:41   Link #271
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarisain View Post
Takeda had a shinai iirc...too lazy to check. Shizuru's sword isn't actually a "katana" in the true sense of the word (?), it was called a 日本刀 (nihontou, lit. "Japanese sword") in chapter 1. Most folks seem to use "katana" as an umbrella term for all Japanese swords, even Japanese themselves it seems, and although this isn't really incorrect, it is a very general term and does not describe the sword clearly enough. (okay, I'm nitpicking here)

It would be helpful if somebody with more relevant nihontou/katana knowledge could talk more about this. From my layman's point of view, the sword, including the hilt, is roughly 1m long (compared to Shizuru's official height of 162cm) when shown on the cover of Chapter 3...
I put "katana" because I wasn't sure many people would know what an"iaito" was. I remember Chie saying something Shizuru having superior Iaido skills or something like that.
Old 2008-03-14, 15:42   Link #272
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Mai still materializes her rings (not quite a weapon though - more 'wind' element now than 'fire') and if you've seen/read the lil manga that goes along with Destiny, she's a pretty decent fighter in that she uses hand-to-hand and her power ups her agility, speed, and range. She even blocked a Dark Mayo's Tele-Kenetic Wave on her own (Drama CD). Since she's not suppose to be 'around' ... it's

Takeda still uses his trusty shinai. He just focuses his power through it to make it strong enough to deflect Natsuki's ESP Bullets. Of course, it did squat against Mayo... Mayo has those insanely strong Tele-Kenetic powers and only a few people can withstand her power long enough to do anything about it.
Old 2008-03-14, 17:42   Link #273
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Mai still materializes her rings (not quite a weapon though - more 'wind' element now than 'fire') and if you've seen/read the lil manga that goes along with Destiny, she's a pretty decent fighter in that she uses hand-to-hand and her power ups her agility, speed, and range. She even blocked a Dark Mayo's Tele-Kenetic Wave on her own (Drama CD). Since she's not suppose to be 'around' ... it's
That's retarded! There's no point in the rings being there if they're not a fire element. Although I feel that way, I still back Mayo 100%!
Old 2008-03-14, 18:01   Link #274
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
That's retarded! There's no point in the rings being there if they're not a fire element. Although I feel that way, I still back Mayo 100%!
Wind can be more useful than Fire IMO And they use ESP for their power, the Elements are just the manifestation/materialization of the power and how the user utilizes it, right? ^^
Old 2008-03-14, 20:45   Link #275
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Wind can be more useful than Fire IMO And they use ESP for their power, the Elements are just the manifestation/materialization of the power and how the user utilizes it, right? ^^
Though that's true. The rings have always been fire, so it's one of those small changes that makes a difference.
Old 2008-03-28, 13:29   Link #276
chaos_alfa

Isn't Makoto going to Translate chapter 6 of mai Hime Destiny? The raw has already been out for a long time.
Old 2008-03-28, 22:56   Link #277
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Isn't Makoto going to Translate chapter 6 of mai Hime Destiny? The raw has already been out for a long time.
Only time will tell. We may never see a translation at all.
Old 2008-03-29, 13:46   Link #278
solarknight123

Say has sunrise released any new chapters of destiny?
Old 2008-04-06, 10:22   Link #279
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Send a message via MSN to Icarisain
The serialization is still going on, but will probably be ending soon. I have made a post regarding this on the Destiny LJ comm.
Old 2008-04-06, 11:34   Link #280
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarisain View Post
The serialization is still going on, but will probably be ending soon. I have made a post regarding this on the Destiny LJ comm.
What? How can they end it already when bearly anything's happened the past chapters, unless something big happened in chapter 5 or 6 that i missed?

Tags
light novels, shounen