AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-06, 13:04   Link #281
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Send a message via MSN to Icarisain
Well, the serialization should be beyond 6 chapters by now?...I think, not too sure with the general lack of raws. The "something big", if I could call it that, mainly involves trouble between the seitokai, Natsuki's faction, and the Suzaku-kai...at least, if memory serves.

For all we know, this is a ploy to release a animated version in the near future so as to milk the franchise for all it's worth. =_=
Old 2008-04-06, 13:12   Link #282
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarisain View Post
Well, the serialization should be beyond 6 chapters by now?...I think, not too sure with the general lack of raws. The "something big", if I could call it that, mainly involves trouble between the seitokai, Natsuki's faction, and the Suzaku-kai...at least, if memory serves.

For all we know, this is a ploy to release a animated version in the near future so as to milk the franchise for all it's worth. =_=
Probably true. I woundn't put it past sunrise to do so.
Old 2008-04-06, 19:18   Link #283
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarisain View Post

Yes, the novel is indeed way past chapter 6. The Mai Hime Destiny Novel officially ended with Volume 9 of the publication, "Charano".

Just purchased the commemorative edition in Ikebukuro's Animate last week along with back issues of the remaining 2008 publications that were missing in my collection. Haven't read yet through them yet as some are still in their shrink wrap but will read through it soon when work slows down again and I'm not as jetlagged LOL.

So yes people, Mai Hime Destiny officially ended with Charano Volume 9 May 2008 edition and the cover itself contains Sifr, Rena, Shion, Mayo and Elliot.

EDIT: There's 6 other chapters that follow after the 6th chapter of Mai Hime Destiny (unless I'm missing a volume which I have to double check when I get home)...but I'm pretty sure of it since I had to do a recount before I entered the aiport Customs section LOL. Anyhow, the last chapter is 12.

And no I'm not counting the manga page inserts that were included in two issues.

Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Last edited by lone_wolf; 2008-04-06 at 20:36. Reason: spelling correction and additional information
Old 2008-04-06, 20:49   Link #284
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

So are there only plans for a manga right now then? Is it going to become an anime or is that just depending on how popular Mai Hime Destiny turns out to be?
Old 2008-04-06, 20:55   Link #285
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura View Post
So are there only plans for a manga right now then? Is it going to become an anime or is that just depending on how popular Mai Hime Destiny turns out to be?
There is no mention of an Anime and I didn't find any details about a manga as well from what I read so far.

There's just 12 chapters of the Novel altogether. The 3rd Drama CD for Mai Hime Destiny is coming out on April 16...I just placed my order a few days ago.

Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-04-06, 20:56   Link #286
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
There is no mention of an Anime and I didn't find any details about a manga as well from what I read so far.

There's just 12 chapters of the Novel altogether. The 3rd Drama CD for Mai Hime Destiny is coming out on April 16...I just placed my order a few days ago.

Lone Wolf
一匹狼
There were 2 chapters of manga for Destiny which were side stories about a lingerie thief and Shion busting out her detective skills to solve the case. Mai appeared in that.
Old 2008-04-06, 21:06   Link #287
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
There were 2 chapters of manga for Destiny which were side stories about a lingerie thief and Shion busting out her detective skills to solve the case. Mai appeared in that.

Exactly...those are in volumes issues 10 and 11 of "Charano" which I did not include.

Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-04-06, 21:09   Link #288
Sakuya
*Artist

And here I thought it was going to be a brand new series but it seems like it'll just be a random insignificant side story again like My-Otome Arashi and Zwei.
Old 2008-04-06, 21:15   Link #289
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
And here I thought it was going to be a brand new series but it seems like it'll just be a random insignificant side story again like My-Otome Arashi and Zwei.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I'll keep trying to look for updates and see what else I find though.

Crossing fingers!

In the meantime, I'll try to read through them (hopefully quickly) and at the very least provide a summary of the chapters I have so far after chapter 6. Don't know when that will be but hang on tight....it might be this week depending on my schedule

Lone Wolf

一匹狼
Old 2008-04-15, 07:12   Link #290
bluezodiac

Exclamation Mai-HiME Destiny Manga...

Hi guys!
Just wanna ask if anyone has the scanlations of the Mai-HiME Destiny manga available chapters?

Please if anyone has it I hope you may be able to upload it for me to download.

I can't seem to look for it on yamibo because I can't understand anything.
I have already tried translating via Firefox but it says the link is invalid...

I hope someone will be kind enough to upload it if anyone has it... Thanks in advance...
Old 2008-05-07, 02:33   Link #291
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I've only listened through the third drama CD once or twice, and aside from
Spoiler for Maybe I should spoiler this:

The part where Haruka was imitating Yukino's voice, leading to Natsuki imitating Mai's? voice, which then lead to Shizuru imitating Mai's voice made me laugh so hard. Nakahara Mai saying dosu was priceless for me. Wooow. I wish I understood the language better.

Oh, by the way, the voice of the Gakuenchou is Shou Hayami if anyone was wondering.

And this is from the 3rd drama CD as well: CM~ 「『キャラの』と『小説第2巻』の宣伝、妾たちの活躍をしっかと応援じゃ!」

Take of that what you will. I don't trust Babel, but "novel 2nd volume" made me wonder.

少し頭冷やそうか?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2008-05-07 at 17:31.
Old 2008-05-08, 15:39   Link #292
chaos_alfa

I so hope that they will adapt Mai Hime Destiy in a anime or that somebody will at least translate the remaining chapters. I wan't to see/read more of evil/dark Mayo
Old 2008-05-09, 06:13   Link #293
Spiritovod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Take of that what you will. I don't trust Babel, but "novel 2nd volume" made me wonder.
Why not? If the first 6 chapters of novel was published as volume, why do not they publish other 6 chapters as 2nd volume?

btw, i have chapter 6 in text format (not scans) and also it is in chinese (translation from japanese)... if anyone really interested in translation of this - pm me... google bless us...

p.s. how shizuru sliced the car in the first chapter...
Old 2008-05-09, 16:12   Link #294
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritovod View Post
Why not? If the first 6 chapters of novel was published as volume, why do not they publish other 6 chapters as 2nd volume?
I must have thought the first twelve chapters were one volume, lole. I also didn't listen to the last track of the third drama CD very well if I missed this bit the first time around.
Spoiler for Mayo....:
I also didn't realize how Natsuki/Nina and Mayo/Arika were alike until the third drama CD. And the ShizNat moments make me giggle. Oh Chiba Saeko, how I love you.

As for chapter six of the light novel;
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiMaki Scanlations
Oh, and there will probably be a Mai HiME Destiny release shortly after the next chapter of Girl Friends is released.
-hopes-

No handcuffs and no glasses, wotwot.

少し頭冷やそうか?
Old 2008-05-09, 16:26   Link #295
solarknight123

Say does anyone know the explination of this "dark mayo", like i get that the chains are some kind of bind, but how "evil" is her personality when there off and can she remove them by will?
Old 2008-05-12, 16:34   Link #296
Leebot
Cognivore

Chapter 6 translation is now up, courtesy of Maki Maki. It's not the final release, but for those who don't want to wait any longer, check it out at http://makimaki.110mb.com/main.php?r...s=91&compage=1.
Old 2008-05-12, 23:18   Link #297
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebot View Post
Chapter 6 translation is now up, courtesy of Maki Maki. It's not the final release, but for those who don't want to wait any longer, check it out at http://makimaki.110mb.com/main.php?r...s=91&compage=1.
Whoa! It's all boiling down!
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-13, 09:10   Link #298
digi.amuro

Not really, what with the dragon thing she has going. Not everyone needs to be from Japan right? So it kind of diversifies the cast culturally, tho you probably couldnt tell via her interactions That makes me wonder tho who is from where? In HiME, everything was pretty focused in the japanese region, while in Otome, there' more of a world thing going on (tho we have fake countries there).
Old 2008-05-13, 16:17   Link #299
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Not really, what with the dragon thing she has going. Not everyone needs to be from Japan right? So it kind of diversifies the cast culturally, tho you probably couldnt tell via her interactions That makes me wonder tho who is from where? In HiME, everything was pretty focused in the japanese region, while in Otome, there' more of a world thing going on (tho we have fake countries there).
I'm so stupid! She could be a Chinese resident of Japan whose family took on Japanese names.
Old 2008-05-14, 23:08   Link #300
digi.amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I'm so stupid! She could be a Chinese resident of Japan whose family took on Japanese names.
See, I knew you'd understand.
If you dont focus so much on the names and look at the totally obvious things, you can catch all kinds of seemingly insignificant things.

Tags
light novels, shounen