AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-07, 19:59   Link #321
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
For those who do not like the panty shots, you have obviously not watched the Agent Aika series. Now that's what I call excessive panty shot anime (there's probably one panty shot every 20 seconds).
Agent Aika didn't try to pass for anything else but an action anime with lots of panty shots.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 20:18   Link #322
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
If next week is as bad, or worse, than this week, at least Kurumu was meant to be a moeblob. Moka, however, needs to invest in a longer skirt.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 20:43   Link #323
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
...Kurumu is a moeblob?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 20:46   Link #324
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Maybe not the right word. But she's at least a little more fanservicey than Moka. The...assets and everything.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 20:53   Link #325
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Moka arguably has more moeblob traits than Kurumu, I think. For me, a moeblob is a character who is meant to be displayed on screen mainly because of her cuteness—a hodge podge of different moe elements such as clumsiness, cuteness, naivete and a sweet personality.

Kurumu in comparison, despite having her own moe points, is fanservice of a different sort.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 20:54   Link #326
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Ah, I see what you're saying.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 22:22   Link #327
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i keep in seeing some Dragonaut bashing here (im actually a big fan) ..im not upset about it since everyone has thier own opion but what i do hate is people dragging a show through the dirt cause of "Fan service". Every anime has some degree of fan service... some more than others but to bring down a anime cause of a fan service is out rite silly.

Im not a big fan of harem shows but i do enjoy some like Seto no Hanayome, Love hina (which was my first harem show i watch) and hmm wat else...i guess this one too. I did notice the fan service are important for this harem show heance why i dont mind it that much. The so called panties shots in rosario are not even that bad.. oh no some white panties are showing not like we havent seen them before. i decide to give harem shows a shot this season so i download a new anime called H2O ~footprints In The Sand and
Spoiler for sneeze:
now i see that more offensive and tastless than just pantie shots.
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 23:10   Link #328
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
Im not a big fan of harem shows but i do enjoy some like Seto no Hanayome, Love hina (which was my first harem show i watch) and hmm wat else...i guess this one too. I did notice the fan service are important for this harem show heance why i dont mind it that much. The so called panties shots in rosario are not even that bad.. oh no some white panties are showing not like we havent seen them before. i decide to give harem shows a shot this season so i download a new anime called H2O ~footprints In The Sand and
Spoiler for sneeze:
now i see that more offensive and tastless than just pantie shots.
Well yeah, but it's not about it being offensive. I watched Green Green TV. If you can get through that, then you will be prepared for ANY kind of "offensive" fanservice. The real issue here, is that fanservice is slightly annoying when used excessively. What we're seeing in R+V isn't even typical fanservice. Fanservice, when done at its best, is situational and does not require the lead female character to devote half of her screentime to her backside. Being able to see Moka's panties when she is just standing around is more than overboard. One wonders why is she even wearing a skirt

I'd also like to point out, the first episode of H2O only has 2 instances of fanservice in its entirety. Now examine the fact that H2O comes from an eroge of the same title. All things considered, the amount of fanservice in H2O is looking pretty good to me.
__________________
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 23:21   Link #329
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
well its guess just me... but if a girl sits on ur face and ask not to sneeze and doesnt get up rite away make no sense to me.

I could see your point about the panti shots but as long she not shoving her privates into people face or showing them off to characters of the story i think its just fine. Im mostly trying to defend Dragonaut about the fan service but since this is R+V fourm i prefer not to discuss the pro and cons of Dragonaut.
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 23:31   Link #330
Sassarai
Army of One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Well didn't you do something you didn't want others to do to Boobynaut by bringing up H20? (I like Boobynauts btw)

I found that H20 sneezing scene to be funny and disgusting at the same time.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 23:58   Link #331
the follower 89
Refreshed by peace
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North carolina.
Age: 25
well i don't totally dislike fanservice, but the execive use of it is way too much, and i don't like it, the only reason i would whatch this is because i have read the manga and i like it not for the fanxervice, i think if the decrease it will be better for the show.
Atleast in the manga they respect moke a little bit, her panties are almost never shown, but in the anime you see her pantiews more than anything else, and i hate that.
__________________

my first oficiall signature send me a private message and tell how godd or bad it was
the follower 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 23:58   Link #332
ktchmeifucan
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
R+V is a quite ecchi , you may say A quite!! , yes a quite , i've read the manga and is outstanding , i been looking for this kind of series since a long time ago , sound's weird , but is the truth.

I preffer Macross f of course
__________________
No hesitation no delay just c'mon my special k
i'm forever blackeyed a product of a broken home
ktchmeifucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 01:33   Link #333
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Babuyan Islands
finally able to watched the first ep w/ subs. Lol at the part where Tsukunes father is drunk and accidentally picking up the "whatever that is" paper. The ep pretty much sums up the 1st chapter of the manga. I'd be like this fore a few Ep's more (monster of the week). It'll get more interesting after that.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 01:42   Link #334
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'd guess Moka wears a skirt due to the school regulations, though agree it doesn't seem to be very effective at doing its job . Kurumu is definitely has her own unique traits compared to a moeblob. Though we can only imagine what the show will do with her character.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 02:09   Link #335
bball_machine
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I can understand why we're discussing about the fanservice in this show. Occasional fanservice is okay, but in Rosario to Vampire, it's a bit too frequent. Do people think this is actually less appealing? It's like, you start to take it for granted, because it's always there.
bball_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 02:21   Link #336
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
For those who do not like the panty shots, you have obviously not watched the Agent Aika series. Now that's what I call excessive panty shot anime (there's probably one panty shot every 20 seconds).
Agent Aika is a terrible comparison. It's an OVA and everyone watch it knowing there will be boobs and panties with close to zero story. You can say that Aika is an exhibition of service. Rosario is a different story, chapter 1 of the manga almost had no fanservice and they managed to do all that in the premiere. It's like they cut off 5 inches of Moka's skirt on purpose.
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 03:19   Link #337
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Personally I like fan service, but it can go overboard. I couldn't even manage past 1 episode of Green Green (I made it to 3 just to make sure I wasn't prematurely ejecting it from my to watch list). What I really hate is when they sacrifice story line and butcher characters for the sake of fan service.

So far fan service level for me is not too bad.
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 04:05   Link #338
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
Agent Aika is a terrible comparison. It's an OVA and everyone watch it knowing there will be boobs and panties with close to zero story. You can say that Aika is an exhibition of service. Rosario is a different story, chapter 1 of the manga almost had no fanservice and they managed to do all that in the premiere. It's like they cut off 5 inches of Moka's skirt on purpose.
It's fanservice for god's sake. If you can't take it, don't watch it. There's no such thing as fanservice being "tasteful" or whatever. You either tolerate girls showing off their panties in animes or not. Whether you feel it's done excessively, tastefully, etc is just your own opinion. The fact is that there are flashing of panties. Complain all you want, I only used Aika in response to the "excessive" complaints and not that I disagree with your opinions.

Also, as one who read all 10 volumes of the manga, my complaint is actually the LACK of fanservice in the manga. The author can't seem to make up his mind whether to put in fanservice or not the manga. There are a few panty shots in the manga but there are also a lot more scenes where there should have been panty shots (Moka and her high kicks) but the author for some reason decide to shade the exposed region Black. I mean Moka has been high kicking in your face for a gazillion times and I see black but when she does nothing I see panties? What the hell?

At least the anime producers decide to make up their mind and go all out with fanservice. Whether you like it or not is your own opinion. And it's free anime you're watching, so at least complain on something more substantial like plot.
__________________
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 04:27   Link #339
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
It's fanservice for god's sake. If you can't take it, don't watch it.
Quoted for truth.

The problem though, is that I really want to like the show. When there are parts of a show I like, then I find it difficult being forced to chose not to watch it just because there are endless parade of panties inserted into the visuals for no reason. That is annoying and can overwhelm the show's positive attributes. Oh look, there's a girl on a bicycle who isn't sitting on her skirt just so she can show off her panties. Oh look, there's another one. Uck.

I'll feel really unhappy if I stop watching this show just because the panties are overwhelming.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 04:57   Link #340
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dream
Lol, I believe there will be more when Kurumu comes into the picture. I would love to observe the kind of responses we will be getting here!
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.